Forum Settings
Forums

anime where the average guy gets dragged into a situation way over his head

New
Mar 22, 2015 7:08 PM

Aug 2013
But he never suddenly gets powers or becomes weird himself. I'm talking the very normal person thats remains normal and human, limited and its that very thing that makes them special when surrounded by some many not normal people.

Best example would be Kyon from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya no matter how much crazy stuff were going on he was always a normal guy and had to rely on all his very normal human skills to get through situations surrounded by crazy powers and people, situations. (not to mention i just love Kyons personality )

Its better if it takes place in the real world also, helping that theme of the normal been dragged into a totally abnormal situation. Helps if he is also the main character or tied to an abnormal romantic interest/tsundere
Mar 22, 2015 7:12 PM

Jan 2015
Gosick on your PTW list fits that perfectly
Mar 22, 2015 7:13 PM

Sep 2012
Sacreds said:

Was about to post this.
Mar 22, 2015 7:16 PM

Aug 2013
Sacreds said:

I add so many sometimes I forget about them, also was never sure if it would match up. I'll have to go check it out.

Anymore ideas that can steer me in the right directions will always be appreciated
Mar 22, 2015 7:20 PM

Aug 2008
It's not personally my dig, but Seto no Hanayome is widely regarded as one of the best comedy series and it happens to fit your bill exactly.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Mar 22, 2015 7:44 PM

Oct 2014
Nobunaga Concerto
I'd say he's slightly in over his head here.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Mar 22, 2015 9:41 PM

May 2012
Parasyte
Mar 22, 2015 9:44 PM

Dec 2014
SeijiSensei said:
Parasyte

+1
Also Tokyo Ghoul.
Mar 22, 2015 9:46 PM

Dec 2013
Parasyte - not so much because he becomes not normal from the beginning
Tokyo ghoul - is the same situation as Parasyte

Durarara!! - is definitely perfect for you... although it follows a wide mix of strange and abnormal characters with monster personalities and abilities it does tend to focus on the one normal boy who is in way over his head... and has a touch of romance in it... also has a second season

Black Lagoon - also black lagoon meets your requirement too, although i was quite annoyed how Rock stayed normal the whole two seasons not really much romance

D-Frag! - for a comedy where the normal guy is surrounded by bizarre girls this is a good one

Gantz - maybe fits your requirements, though everyone is thrown into some strange situation

Rosario to Vampire - will through this in too if you like a more harem style although its not quite what you are looking for
haydo123Mar 22, 2015 9:58 PM

having an updated anime list makes life easier for everyone
Mar 22, 2015 9:51 PM

Feb 2015
Kaiji lacks the romance aspect but ticks every other box. The MC is thrown into what effectively are a series of death games played against other people up to their necks in debt for the amusement of rich people.

He has no special powers. Just a bit of courage and an above average intelligence.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Mar 22, 2015 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
Elfen Lied
Gurren Lagann
Claymore
Rosario to Vampire
Ben-To
Mar 22, 2015 10:05 PM

May 2012
haydo123 said:
Parasyte - not so much because he becomes not normal from the beginning

I thought about that before recommending Parasyte, but Shinichi fights hard to remain "normal" throughout.

Another option is Samurai Flamenco.

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

18 by mo_lave »»
1 hour ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
Today, 2:05 AM

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.