Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2015 3:13 PM

May 2009
I quite enjoyed this show in the beginning. Some harem shows have been pretty interesting and I thought that Tor and Julie had a good potential for romance. That's probably why I kept watching it, but the final episode felt thousand years long... and these years were boring as hell. Even Tsukimi-sensei's appearance didn't save this episode for me, it lacked everything that could have made for a great finale. Too bad K got his ass kicked, it would have been epic if everyone had actually been killed :D The characters of this anime were one-dimensional, the dialogue was clichéd and nothing even remotely interesting happened.
“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Mar 23, 2015 3:18 PM

Aug 2014
Not so great.
Mar 23, 2015 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
The only interesting part of that whole thing was that Tsukimi highlight.
Mar 23, 2015 4:37 PM

May 2012
It wasn't that great but I still enjoyed it

5 ot 6/10

They brought back the better and cutest ending to close it up.

Welp, time to continue reading the LN

Mar 23, 2015 4:39 PM

Apr 2014
Hopefully a second season will be in the works. I think this season was more of a long set up for a bigger story. Would have been better if it was 24 episodes but i guess funding? Still enjoyed the show a lot.
Mar 23, 2015 4:43 PM

May 2012
JhysenTheAsian said:
Hopefully a second season will be in the works. I think this season was more of a long set up for a bigger story. Would have been better if it was 24 episodes but i guess funding? Still enjoyed the show a lot.

From what someone told me in an earlier episode discussion, they put 5 or 6 volumes in the anime, and there's currently 7 out currently. If they do ever sell enough and announce a second season, that'll be quite a bit away from now.

Mar 23, 2015 4:53 PM

Feb 2014
This was a fun ride. The last episode wasn't bad. 7/10
Mar 23, 2015 5:17 PM

Nov 2014
It was a nice ending...I hope they'll be a season 2!

I just hate how Lillith was defeated so easily at the beginning...but of course, they needed to show off the main duo so I guess I can't complain. -_-
Mar 23, 2015 6:14 PM

Apr 2011
Show was alot like Infinite Stratos, yet i felt like it lacked something. Still enjoyable 8/10
Mar 23, 2015 6:21 PM

Jun 2013
That was a pretty bad last episode
Through 8 episodes i was really enjoying this and was on my way to giving it an 8 but the last 4 episodes really were pretty bad and i have to lower my score to a 7
Mar 23, 2015 6:32 PM

Jul 2010
Hmm, I actually liked the the first half more for some reason. It just felt like a lot more fun than compared to the direction of fighting the robots. Wasn't bad by any means, though.

It was sort of nice to see the power of the duos.

That oath is really like marriage. It was a fun one for the most part, 7/10.
Mar 23, 2015 6:37 PM

Jul 2014
i really like the characters but the plots just plain sh*t 4/10
Mar 23, 2015 7:05 PM

Nov 2014
well it ended...even though the Ln was awesome the adaptation was meh, especially the last 3 episode because

-they cut out Miyabi's Character Development
-They included a volume in an episode with major changes

generally meh

Bgm songs was a nice touch and the changing of the ED songs surprised me

6/10 to the series
Mar 23, 2015 7:14 PM

Aug 2013
The final episode!

The fight between badass Julie and K was awesome!! Bunny-sensei is a fucking badass!! She is easily my favorite character in this series. Everything else was pretty average. I wonder if there is going to be a season 2? I would watch it.

P.S. I should have said this a few episodes back, but K's voice is so...sexy! Every time he talked I was more asdfgjeso than annoyed or pissed by him.

6/10 from this girl!! I am going miss this show...until an another harem replaces it in 2 weeks.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Mar 23, 2015 7:41 PM

Apr 2011
Well, the series was fine really.

The plot isn't really my reason watching this, but the girls especially Lilith and Julie. I like the art design and quality. The fight scenes are average.

I'm glad this is over.

6/10
MagitoMar 23, 2015 8:32 PM
Mar 23, 2015 7:45 PM

Dec 2013
I could feel the Naruto "friendship" theme making me puke in that last fight scene
Mar 23, 2015 8:11 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Bunny-sensei was also my favorite character by a wide margin....and funny enough, my second favorite was Lilith. I have no clue why except that she had some assertive behavior. That sure contrasted with Mr Protection (Tor) and the loli (Julie). Glad it's over....won't rewatch or reccomend....6/10.
Mar 23, 2015 8:49 PM

Jan 2014
cool fight scene from Julie, as expected Tor was pretty pathetic again and was saved again by Julie... again what the heck with Tor so fucking lame, will you continue the story being save by the other female girls? or will you be the one saving them for a change? men why Even recommend Trinity Seven as a similarity to this while the Protagonist of Trinity Seven was way cooler than the male protagonist of this story...
you can't even compare how cool that guy is from 3nity 7 with Tor, cause Tor is so fucking lame...
is it because they have the same Seiyuu? (o_O)

again, I don't give a crap about Tor, damn Julie is so OP, so move aside Tor you're weak...

7/10
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 23, 2015 9:33 PM

Jul 2013
Oh well I think this just breaked the record for most cliches in a final episode...

Poor main bad guy got rekt by nakama power, learn kids when fighting protagonist boy and protagonist girl never go on a speech about how power is all that matters and friends are useless...

Anyway, decent series overall, liked some characters a lot and wished they had more screen time (looking at you usagi-maid-sensei)... would watch a second season I believe.

Oh and it had one of the coolest OP's of the season IMO

6/10
Mar 23, 2015 9:39 PM

Jun 2013
It was meh and Julie was annoying.
Best girl - professor dark Bunbun.

5/10.
Mar 23, 2015 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
Guys, this shit sucked. Called from the start. Then it seemed like maybe it wasn't that bad.

I got tricked. I don't even know how. Characters were developed incredibly poorly. The story was completely uninteresting and weak. If the characters weren't just so damn bad....it might have been received better. Maybe. Art was poor majority of the time (might just be Funi ruining anime). That's enough...it has no charm. And Julie is on the list of worst heroines to date.

chris5462 said:
Show was alot like Infinite Stratos, yet i felt like it lacked something. Still enjoyable 8/10

Yes...after looking at your list I see why this warranted an 8 >_>
IZEROIIMar 23, 2015 9:56 PM
Mar 23, 2015 10:13 PM

Jun 2013
Well, despite all the predictable and generic BS, I still give this show a "Ja"/10.

Needs Tomoe x Miyabi yuri though
Mar 23, 2015 10:57 PM

Mar 2014
Good episode. Poor series overall though. 4/10
That ED really is catchy though. Too bad it took me the last episode to notice it :(
Zanos1Mar 23, 2015 11:02 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Mar 23, 2015 11:15 PM

Jan 2013
Decent I suppose maybe even lower because of the MC really ruins the show or at least this bad adaption especially these last 2 episodes. Four maybe more bullet wounds, stabbed from the back and a lot of blood loss, a severe shoulder laceration and still has strength to bring his aegis shield up during that fire laser thing shot then jumps to the guy I think to the second floor to slice the guys armor when just a few minutes ago he was struggling to walk after being stabbed in the back to go check on that guy and Julie fighting in her power........right. Despite the terrible fighting and story everything else was all right to watch.
radleMar 24, 2015 3:34 AM
Mar 24, 2015 12:11 AM

Aug 2013
Despite the show redeeming itself after the first few episodes, this last episode sucked walrus cock.

Actually had high hopes after it got better. Was going to drop it around episode 2, but then it really picked up. This was like watching episode 1 all over again.

We have:
- Tooru legit dropping dead, then waking up and walking like nothing happened.

- Torou being a tard and stopping Julie from killing K for the SECOND time.
And just like the first time, they let him live, then he got back up for one final attack

- Tooru telling Julie to not use her power...despite the fact that it's the only time she's been useful in the entire show.

- Tooru becoming a pussy. His whole speech about is revenge worth it and how he wants to protect, basically implied that whenever he meets the person who killed his sister, he's going to fight him, and then forgive him like a little bitch.

- We had Bunny-sensei being a badass once again. Her and Tooru are both level 4, yet Tooru still needed Julie's help to deflect an attack that Bunny handled solo. Her Oroburos can literally turn into a blade spinning shield with an equal power to Tooru's shield...plus...it's a goddamn sword. Why is Tooru even a necessary character then?

- Once again we had loli headmistress spouting fucking nonsense about how all she wants to do is reach absolute duo. Meanwhile we still have no idea what the fuck it truly is or what it does.

- Oh, Miyabi visits a fucked up Tooru in the hostpital AGAIN. Yea, let's not ask her how she's doing or say you're glad she's back to normal. Nope. We'll just brush over that incident like it never happened.

What a train wreck ending. And I very rarely ever use the phrase train wreck.

Ehh. Overall 6/10. Lilith, Bunny, and Miyabi made the show. And even Tomoe a bit too. And it was decent enough during the meat of it. Just the beginning and end sucked. Will probably rewatch a bit of it on BD just for all of the uncensored tits.
Mar 24, 2015 12:15 AM

Aug 2013
IZEROII said:
Guys, this shit sucked. Called from the start. Then it seemed like maybe it wasn't that bad.

I got tricked. I don't even know how. Characters were developed incredibly poorly. The story was completely uninteresting and weak. If the characters weren't just so damn bad....it might have been received better. Maybe. Art was poor majority of the time (might just be Funi ruining anime). That's enough...it has no charm. And Julie is on the list of worst heroines to date.

chris5462 said:

Yes...after looking at your list I see why this warranted an 8 >_>

Careful who you point fingers at chief. Don't have much room to talk when your top 5 looks like a block on Toonami.
Mar 24, 2015 12:27 AM

Jun 2013
Absolute Duo? No.

More like Absolute Garbage.

3/10
Mar 24, 2015 2:27 AM

Sep 2012
Finally It's Over rate it 6/10

Mar 24, 2015 2:29 AM

Jun 2013
This was meh at best
Mar 24, 2015 2:36 AM

Dec 2007
I'm amazed at myself for even completing this. I usually drop shows that are this bad but somehow it managed to trick me into finishing it. I mean I don't expect much from harem shows but this is a whole new level.

4/10
Mar 24, 2015 2:40 AM

Jan 2009
Series was meh, which is sad since i could see a great deal of potential in it, overall i gave it a 6/10, slightly above average, but something i probably won't watch again.
Mar 24, 2015 4:50 AM
Oct 2011
So average it's bad. 4/10
Mar 24, 2015 5:08 AM
Mar 2012
I am quite honestly disappointed with the anime adaption. It's fine for a series to stray away from the original source, but what was changed, added, and omitted in the anime did much much more harm than good. A shame I wasn't even able to see half the potential of the series in animated form, or even half the characters animated for that matter. I think this is the first time in recent memory that an anime adaption attempted to integrate two and nearly three separate plots into one incongruent scenario AND adapt one whole volume into a single episode.
Mar 24, 2015 6:44 AM

Dec 2008
eh...*shrugs* it kinda played out without much appeal. Normal anime ending of sorts, though without the over the top tons of gurls on the one guy harem funny ending. So it was kinda plasant. I wonder if there shall be a 2nd season though...hmm... 6/10
Mar 24, 2015 6:54 AM

Oct 2014
I could tolerate watching it, but in the end I just really didn't care for it.

3/10
Mar 24, 2015 7:09 AM

May 2013
Well, the fanservice is good I'll give it that. But there's not enough story to tell. This should have been better. Needs a lot of improvement if there will be a second season.
Julie and Lilith saved this a little.
6/10
Mar 24, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2010
Another mediocre show on 8bit's mark, awesome. It actually started good but that end is sad. The last few episodes have been barely watchable with Usa being the only saving grace.

5.44/10 (this was 7.5/10 at one point, actually)
Mar 24, 2015 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
So bland and with the usual cliches, ends this TV series that fails to express the potential he had.
As more and more often the case, this TV series is hostage to a way of doing that I do not like, too gooders and protagonists always similar to each other, as if they were made with the stencil.
Plot told really bad, just engaging, well blow it in the final scene where Julie explains Tor what he is in truth, can not mitigate the slaughterhouse before.
Narrative that fails to give the right atmosphere, ultimately this TV series season will get even higher without a product that will be lost in the sea magnum of animation, since the few advantages it has.
My vote is 5/10!

The only thing I regret now that it's over TV series, not seeing the Professor with bunny ears. Even psychopathic, was a character coolest of the protagonist.
Mar 24, 2015 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
And so ends the anime, I confess I expected a grander end, but for what happened in the anime I think it's a good size

I thought the expressions and postures of the characters on the plot was a bit weak, even telling seek revenge they accepted everything that happened, and cared more in 'play around' of Duo than seeking their achievements

The plot found it quite interesting, well-weak characters (sometimes I almost twisted to the villain) and the development unattractive

For those who like harems and super powers the anime has some good points, but nothing great, simply to pass the time ..
Mar 24, 2015 8:57 AM

Dec 2014
Cringeworthy at best.
Naivete is strong in this one.
Master Chief is a Star Wars fan apparently.
Friendzone intensifies.

At the beginning I knew that this will be a generic action loli schoolgirl harem but I like the first few episodes than it plunged horribly deep.
Mar 24, 2015 10:37 AM

Dec 2013
I don't know why they didn't follow the LN, but this was so bad.....

Jonesy974 said:

We have:
- Tooru legit dropping dead, then waking up and walking like nothing happened.

- Torou being a tard and stopping Julie from killing K for the SECOND time.
And just like the first time, they let him live, then he got back up for one final attack

- Tooru telling Julie to not use her power...despite the fact that it's the only time she's been useful in the entire show.

- Tooru becoming a pussy. His whole speech about is revenge worth it and how he wants to protect, basically implied that whenever he meets the person who killed his sister, he's going to fight him, and then forgive him like a little bitch.

- We had Bunny-sensei being a badass once again. Her and Tooru are both level 4, yet Tooru still needed Julie's help to deflect an attack that Bunny handled solo. Her Oroburos can literally turn into a blade spinning shield with an equal power to Tooru's shield...plus...it's a goddamn sword. Why is Tooru even a necessary character then?

- Once again we had loli headmistress spouting fucking nonsense about how all she wants to do is reach absolute duo. Meanwhile we still have no idea what the fuck it truly is or what it does.

- Oh, Miyabi visits a fucked up Tooru in the hostpital AGAIN. Yea, let's not ask her how she's doing or say you're glad she's back to normal. Nope. We'll just brush over that incident like it never happened.

What a train wreck ending. And I very rarely ever use the phrase train wreck.

Ehh. Overall 6/10. Lilith, Bunny, and Miyabi made the show. And even Tomoe a bit too. And it was decent enough during the meat of it. Just the beginning and end sucked. Will probably rewatch a bit of it on BD just for all of the uncensored tits.

Good analysis.

The only points I'd add would be:

- Tooru collapsing with a hole the size of a golf ball in his side, then waking up, running around AND fighting for the better part of the second sequence, AND getting hacked in the shoulder by Julie, and STILL not bleeding to death by then.

- Tooru going through all of that mentioned above, and STILL being able to jump two stories DIRECTLY into a beam of laser (that previously blasted a hole in his side) and have the power to SLASH through K and his armor. The dude fell unconscious after getting the lightsaber rammed through him (as shown by his shield disappearing from his arm), there's no friggin asspull in hell that would make him recover so fast, AND find the strength to hug Julie when she's raging hard in Berserker mode and slashing his shoulder off.

- Julie unleashing her awesome power against Tooru so much that she starts bleeding from her arms, legs AND a cut in her face. Then Tooru spends another 30 seconds monologuing to her face as she plays hack, slash and bleed all over his shield... THEN suddenly miraculously stops and and all forms of bleeding and even loses the cut in her face.... wha...?

- K not shooting another round of beams at the dorms. Considering that his first shot left the Usagi half-dead, a second shot probably wouldn't have been deflected, and hence he would have achieved the best case scenario of the student body and Usagi dying in front of Tooru. I thought K's aim was to proove Tooru wrong and make him despair. That would have done the trick for sure there.

- Tooru generally being a complete ass. The writers clearly wanted to chalk him up as some idealistic hero who wants to protect everyone in the entire universe with his own two hands. The unfortunate things is, he can talk the talk, but when push comes to shove, he can't do shit on his own (but he managed to Kill K by himself?), AND he hasn't learned his lesson about talking big and not delivering either. Near the end of the show I was actually hoping for K to take him down a few pegs. Tooru really should have let Julie perform a lobotomy on him while she was slashing him, it might have actually made him smarter...

- Then all the bullshit talk about Julie being an EL Awake, which is pretty much an Exceed who naturally had their soul power awakened, as opposed to Exceeds who had their powers "Artificially" awakened..... and being afraid to tell Tooru???
Uh.... what the fuck is the difference? Why the hell would anyone be afraid to tell others? It just means you're a naturally awakened Exceed, big deal....

- Then all the bullshit talk about Tooru failing to stop Julie from using her powers. Dude, if you didn't want to make her use her powers, then don't play dead for the better part of two minutes and then jump back up completely healed of all injuries.... and if you knew you weren't a match for K, then back the F up and get help from those friends of yours.

Seriously, the way they animated this show, you'd think the only ones that were worth more than two shits were just Tooru, Julie, Usagi and Lilith, whereas the entire student body besides them (including all the upperclassmen both one and two years their senior, who technically should be more experienced and much more powerful than them, but.... aren't?) were complete useless canon fodder that weren't even able to run away from the beam attack, much less counter it. Are you telling me that besides Berserker Julie and Level 4 Tooru, there is NO ONE in this universe that can come close or match Usagi's Level 4 skills?
Why the hell have a school there then, since all other students are completely useless? Just have the Principal focus her training on JUST Tooru and Julie. You'd achieve Absolute Duo in no time, no?

I know the LN is better, but at least make the friggin' anime adaptation make sense for god's sake...

The only reason I'm not dropping this down to a 5 is because Lilith's characterization seems legit.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 24, 2015 11:24 AM

Aug 2014
The final fight is here. Of course, K will be the final opponent.
K was shown with such power at the start, kicking every ass he saw..
Well, until the Tor and Julie's DUO asspull though.. Like, seriously?
Btw, why did Tor still alive?! He was shotted in the last episode, now he got stabbed, but still can move just fine, like nothing happened at all!
Then, he defeated K, the end.. Wait, what? That's it? Whaaaa...?

Tbh, I'm quite disappointed with the ending, even with the anime itself. It lacks overall impact, which caused some scene looked like a joke, even the serious ones...
This kind of anime will definitely be forgotten after few seasons. Too bad.. It have potential to be pretty good,though...

The only pros in this anime is the OP, which is pretty catchy, probably one of the best this season. Don't get me started on the cons, though. I'm done criticizing the anime I watched once I completed it. :/

The characters are fine, mostly bland and nothing to write home about..
The fight scenes though.. I can't help but felt soo damn awkward while watching.. I can't even took them seriously..

That said, I'm still enjoying this anime. It's a generic fantasy school LN anime with average ending, but still enjoyable at some parts. (6/10) Overall
But, with all of those potential they wasted, I don't think there will be 2nd season..
Mar 24, 2015 11:43 AM

May 2014
The last episodes were too obvious. Harem can be obvious, not action.
Mar 24, 2015 2:16 PM

Apr 2011
Unsatisfying ending. I didn't mind everything up until now, but this was just so ... meh. Especially bad is the fact that I was watching this primarily for the fanservice, of which there was almost none (other than Julie's pantsu showing when she was going berserker), and if any of the girls won, it's the one I'm least interested in. Sigh.

A 6 for this show is being generous, and that's just because I like jiggly bits.
Mar 24, 2015 3:03 PM

Oct 2014
Fine anime... Felt rushed as hell though, and I really believe that it would be a lot better i there were more fleshing out of literally everything in this show...

Ah well it gets barely a 6/10 from me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2015 3:27 PM
Dec 2013
Pretty disappointing anime overall. =(

Fights were so poorly thought out.
I dont know how Tor is even still alive to be honest.
I know K wanted to kill Tor by stabbing him but like come on. If you really wanted to kill him stab him near his heart or chop of head or something? Ya that's prob will violent for this anime but seriously tho...
Mar 24, 2015 3:30 PM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
5/10. Had nice art and I liked the characters.

It could of been a lot better.
Mar 24, 2015 3:50 PM

Oct 2014
Disappointing anime. It was too predictable. All the girls, especially Julie, were fucking annoying to me.
Mar 24, 2015 3:58 PM

Jul 2011
So anti-climatic and cliché to the point that I didn't even know I was watching the last episode, not even joking. The series started off good with its nice OP and all but after every episode the quality and plot of the series just got worse and worse.
PrimevalMar 24, 2015 4:03 PM
Mar 24, 2015 4:24 PM

Aug 2014
The amazing absolute Duo is finally released! :) Tooru and Julie will stay fight together even in the sadness or the illness, they promised to each other that... ^.^
And their friends will stay with them to form too many happiness days.
I'd like to have a second season, is asking too much..? ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

120 by Zwavel »»
Mar 18, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2015

114 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 2, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

156 by Matheus_henriwue »»
Nov 13, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

154 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Oct 8, 2023 11:45 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

89 by collins_nwuda »»
Oct 2, 2023 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.