Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2015 9:36 PM

Jul 2010
Hello all,

I'm aware that the english translations for this manga are available online. However, I would really love to get my hands on the physical copies. On Ebay and Amazon I can only find them in Japanese, though.

Are there no plans to have this brought to the west? Why would they release the anime in english translation, but not the manga? They even have a dub for this show already.

Anyone know any info on how or when I might be able to get my hands on this manga?
Mar 22, 2015 4:58 AM

Jun 2008
Kalisto said:
Hello all,

I'm aware that the english translations for this manga are available online. However, I would really love to get my hands on the physical copies. On Ebay and Amazon I can only find them in Japanese, though.

Are there no plans to have this brought to the west? Why would they release the anime in english translation, but not the manga? They even have a dub for this show already.

Anyone know any info on how or when I might be able to get my hands on this manga?

The manga is NOT licensed by any english publishing house, which means you will not get it in english. It might take years until they license it, and that is, IF they really do, because some awesome mangas never were licensed. Since its a shoujo it has even less chances of being published in english, although if its popular enough it might stand a chance in VIZ or YenPress.

I remember some years ago a lot of fans, me included were suggesting to Yenpress's comments section for they to publish Karneval manga...and it took an anime and years for them to decide publishing it, but they finally started this year.
Meaning? if we're lucky and they get lots of asks in their comments about Akatsuki no yona, they might consider publishing it in a few years.
Anyway im so glad we have such hardworking fans bringing us the online translations:)

(ps: France publishes much more manga than any other country, so it might become available in french, I buy a lot in french even though my french is rusty...).

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 22, 2015 5:06 AM

Jul 2010
Ah, thanks so much for the info. Very frustrating that shoujos don't get enough appreciation. Though I can understand why, as lots of them are pretty cringe-worthy.

I feel like Akatsuki no Yona shouldn't be marketed as a shoujo. It's pretty dark and gritty at some parts and it has a story that can appeal to both girls and boys. Yona isn't some whiney, boy-crazy lead female. She's determined and wants to be as strong as the men who protect her. That doesn't really scream shoujo to me.
Mar 22, 2015 4:27 PM

Jun 2008
Kalisto said:
Ah, thanks so much for the info. Very frustrating that shoujos don't get enough appreciation. Though I can understand why, as lots of them are pretty cringe-worthy.

I feel like Akatsuki no Yona shouldn't be marketed as a shoujo. It's pretty dark and gritty at some parts and it has a story that can appeal to both girls and boys. Yona isn't some whiney, boy-crazy lead female. She's determined and wants to be as strong as the men who protect her. That doesn't really scream shoujo to me.

I agree and I will add that just not Yona but the entire cast is amazing. There isn't one single character that I dislike there:D Awesome heroine and awesome boys:D well lets keep hope someday it will be published:D (Reimei no Arcana was licensed so Akatsuki no Yona has a chance too).

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 24, 2015 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
Kalisto said:

There are actually quite a lot of series that are marketed as shoujo even if they aren't the stereotypical ones. Akatsuki no Yona is actually on the girlier side of the spectrum in comparison to some other series.

It's just that the popular series give shoujo a bad name when it really has much variety to offer.
Jul 3, 2015 4:40 PM

Jun 2013
I've looked around as well for a publication in English but I have seen none. It seems it's only available in French. My mother language is French, so reading them is no issue, it's just like I don't like the french versions

Their version is more expensive, smaller, less art to admire, the cover is removable, and because it takes forever to say anything in French, unlike in English where you can say a lot in a few words, it means that there is a lot of text is those bubbles, that are smaller than the bigger english editions, so the text is very small and hard to read. I just feel like I'm being ripped off when I see them and buy them.

I have a few series in French and those are my issues. Karneval and Devils and Realist also I've started in French because it was not available in English.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.