Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2015 12:27 AM

Feb 2014
I hope we get a further explanation of what Ginti was actually thinking when he did this. Was it an act of compassion or malice
Mar 21, 2015 12:34 AM

Oct 2013
What a depressing episode. Chiyuki's entire story was just too emotional. I really liked the story-telling.

Oh, God, Mayu. I feel so bad for her. :'( I don't think Ginti wanted her soul to be reincarnated in the first place, since he hesitated with her judgment even though she obviously didn't do anything worth sending her to the void.

God dammit, Light, what are you doing here?!

Next week is the last episode.... I'm so worried.
AliceInOtakulandMar 21, 2015 12:37 AM
Mar 21, 2015 12:48 AM

Jan 2015
This episode really struck a strong resonance with me. Between the beautiful skating to that haunting music, Chiyuki's memories and realization, and the final judgement on Harada and Mayu I had the weeps pretty much from mid-episode on.

I'm very curious to see what Decim has in mind for Chiyuki.
Mar 21, 2015 12:50 AM
Nov 2014
bastek66 said:
What a fucking piece of shit Ginti is.

Light with dat cameo
VirginAmirulMar 21, 2015 12:53 AM
Mar 21, 2015 1:47 AM

Jan 2013
It seems Kira is still self delusional, as shown in the picture.

Ginti did nothing wrong, you guys are just butthurt.
Mar 21, 2015 2:19 AM

Jul 2012
Ruku-Kawa said:
akarin- said:

Light from Death Note WTF? :D

I LITERALLY THOUGHT THIS AS WELL XD Like, dafuq? :P

I also thought the same thing. LOL!
It is being animated by Madhouse, after all. A cameo was appropriate.
Mar 21, 2015 2:29 AM
Mar 2015
Woah, the person skating in the background near the beginning of the OP is Chiyuki in the skating outfit she wore this episode!
Mar 21, 2015 2:34 AM

Jul 2012
Gov said:
Ginti made the right decision. People questioning his decision are idiots.

Harada had all the makings of being a void placement. Selfish, shallow, a serial cheater and caused one of his lovers to commit suicide. He deserved void without a shadow of a doubt.

He was on the fence with Mayu. So what did he do? He tested her by asking her to choose Harada and other guy to go to void. Mayu didn't even have the audacity to ask who the other guy was or what he did in his life but instead blindly choose Harada. Ginti gave her another chance by asking her what her life would be without Harada and she said "nothing". Totally meaningless. Meaning that if she was to go reincarnation, her life would be meaningless unless she found someone to look up.Void was her destination.

Ginti was on point and the people crying foul, need to grow the fuck up.

Damn straight, my friend.
Mar 21, 2015 2:37 AM

Apr 2014
Light...?
Mar 21, 2015 2:39 AM

Jul 2012
juice_eater said:
Woah, the person skating in the background near the beginning of the OP is Chiyuki in the skating outfit she wore this episode!

Haha, awesome, thanks for mentioning that. I didn't even think of that. Yeah, a lot of things within this episode were in the opening, it seems.
Mar 21, 2015 2:42 AM

Feb 2012
Gov said:
Ginti made the right decision. People questioning his decision are idiots.

Ginti gave her another chance by asking her what her life would be without Harada and she said "nothing". Totally meaningless. Meaning that if she was to go reincarnation, her life would be meaningless unless she found someone to look up.Void was her destination.

Ginti was on point and the people crying foul, need to grow the fuck up.

I agree with this. In the context of the show they both deserved the void. This is not to say I don't understand Mayu's feeling's though.
But in the end, what we believe to be "right" and "wrong" are arbitrary anyways.
Mar 21, 2015 2:43 AM

Dec 2014
Onna was soo cute kid and the ice skating scene was really beautiful :')

Light is that you? :D

Bye bye Mayu.
Mar 21, 2015 2:44 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Zuihou said:
Death Parade is the hidden sequel of Death Note!

The actual term is stealth sequel, which I'm really starting to think Death Parade is a Stealth Sequel to Death Note (With the whole comments about people dying at faster rates, and the clear Light Cameo this episode).

Now that you've mentioned it, I think it's a possibility. But we'll probably never know for sure.

Mar 21, 2015 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
The character development is nowhere as good as the death games, wish we could have at least one more before the show finishes.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 21, 2015 2:52 AM

Dec 2014
mind blown
arbiter, ehh
Mar 21, 2015 3:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The ice skating scene was absolutely beautiful. I really enjoyed the entire sequence around her regaining her memories. Now of course, there will be hell to pay.

I don't understand why people are surprised about Ginti. He's been an unlikeable asshole from the beginning and we've seen nothing to change that since. There's nothing remotely likeable about the guy.
Mind you, his decision might not have been that flawed. Those 2 led very meaningless lives and might not have done anything of worth in a new one.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 21, 2015 3:47 AM

Jul 2011
Man, I'm so glad Mayu was sent to the void. Ginti, good job.
Mar 21, 2015 4:11 AM
Oct 2013
CrimsonBagel said:
Ruku-Kawa said:

I LITERALLY THOUGHT THIS AS WELL XD Like, dafuq? :P

I also thought the same thing. LOL!
It is being animated by Madhouse, after all. A cameo was appropriate.

Cameo appearance by Yagami Light. Lol! No wonder people are dying really fast. Light cameo FTW! 5/5 for this
Mar 21, 2015 4:25 AM

Oct 2013
Akarin said:

I THOUGHT THE SAME LOLL

Ginti though, wtf. I guess at least they're together forever in the void
Mar 21, 2015 4:29 AM

Jun 2012
I had to pause the episode when I saw the guy who looks like Light. :D

Chiyuki's story was pretty sad. I really liked the ice skating. Very beautiful.

I can't believe Ginti sent Harada and Mayu to the void!!! :(
N☆ 

Mar 21, 2015 4:41 AM

Apr 2012
ghosts said:
Akarin said:

I THOUGHT THE SAME LOLL

Ginti though, wtf. I guess at least they're together forever in the void
Same here, I saw the picture and was like "That's... definately Light Yagami."

Oh the mixed feelings about Ginti.
Mar 21, 2015 4:44 AM

Sep 2012
Lol at Light. The ice skating scene was beautiful. Mayu being sent to the void felt tragic. I'm looking forward to see how this ends.
Mar 21, 2015 4:57 AM

Dec 2014
Wow... This episode's left me speechless. It was so heart-wrenching. And this ice-skating part... The music... Chiyuki's skating... And her memories... That was so breathtakingly beautiful. It made me cry.

I kinda suspected that she committed suicide when I saw the crack under her wristband and it turns out I wasn't wrong. I love series with symbolism. These tiny fragments, that makes you able to speculate what will happen. And the fact that you are right or wrong doesn't matter - you're satisfied either way (because you've guessed right, or were surprised how it turned out). It's like that for me though.

That scene with Harada and the girl (don't remember her name) was also good but it was the ice-skating that got me.

Sad things aside – this old man is so creepy. And Light Yagami. LOL I didn't realize it was him until I saw posts. Good one. :D

I can't wait for final episode. And I wonder if it'll be better than this one (and seeing how this series develops with each episode I assume, that it may happen. But we'll see in a week ).
Mar 21, 2015 5:02 AM

Feb 2014
Wasn't expecting Light of all people to make a cameo, but considering that both shows are animated by Madhouse, the cameo was appropriate.

It was a tragic way to see Mayu and Harada go like that, but Ginti, despite the dickish way he did it, made the right choice to sent both of them to the void. Both living selfish lives pretty much guaranteed their journey to the void, regardless of them being likeable characters. =/

Chiyuki ice-skating with the piano playing in the background was excellent. Sad that she suffered a career-ending injury like that. Seeing Chiyuki spiralling down into deep depression was heartbreaking to watch and, despite her family and friends trying to cheer her up, she chose to commit suicide in the end. D=

Oculus is making his move on Nona now and looking at the PV for the final episode, Decim could be rebelling. Whether he succeeds or fails remains unanswered until next week. Easily looking forward to it!
Mar 21, 2015 5:15 AM

Jul 2014
Ginti did nothing wrong lol.
Mar 21, 2015 5:26 AM

Jun 2013
That Death Note reference. Light, we miss you. <3

Madhouse = Death Note and Death Parade

Chiyuki was used to be a professional ice skater until a severe knee injury forced her to retire, which led her to become depressed and kill herself. Decim put her to sleep before asking Quin to send him her memories.

Ginti, you're a troller.

Dat cliffhanger though. Looking forward to the finale next week.
Mar 21, 2015 6:04 AM

Apr 2014
Beatiful animation in scene with ice skating. Loved it
Mar 21, 2015 6:40 AM
Nov 2009
Seeing Yagami Light made me WTF at my screen for 5 minutes lol. No wonder people died much faster recently xD

This was my fav episode of this series yet.
Mar 21, 2015 6:50 AM
Nov 2010
The Light scene surprised me, well done on it.

The skating scene was nicely done. I enjoyed it. The part where the main female character killed herself may have been a tad too fast. I wonder why Decim did the thing with the drink.

Ginti's decision is interesting to me and also pretty logical.

It looks like Nona is in some trouble. Let's see how that'll pan out.

Overall, a very enjoyable episode.
Mar 21, 2015 7:01 AM

Sep 2014
Holy shite that episode! Intense and excellent from the start. We finally got to know how Chiyuki died. I sorta knew she'd killed herself. Tho it was surprising to see her being a professional figure skater.

And I can't wait to see how the Anime ends. Hopefully the conclusion will be logical.
Mar 21, 2015 7:08 AM
Jan 2015
What a beautiful episode
They did amazing job with ice skating scene and her past
Also we finally know what happens to people who goes to the void and that scene in the elevator was amazing to. (fuck you Ginti)

And Kira lol
I thought I was the only one who saw him
Mar 21, 2015 7:49 AM

Jan 2013
uhhhh....LIGHT LOL. why is he here wtf
Mar 21, 2015 8:45 AM

Nov 2012
[b]OMG... this week episode is just beautiful...
pack of feeeeeeeels...
[/b]
Mar 21, 2015 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
5/5
Mar 21, 2015 9:12 AM

Mar 2015
I agree with others that Ginti did nothing wrong. She was willing to sacrifice another person's life for an idol she hardly knew and that idol didnt deserve to live. He didn't care about her at all and only showed interest in her looks. Ginti even asked her what would her life be without him. She said it would be worthless. Good riddance she wasted her life having low self-confidence. That's not a life worth living. When people here get older maybe you'll be able to grasp these concepts and appreciate writing of this caliber. (I hate playing the age card but there is no other explaination and i dont want just say people are stupid)

Main character's origin was poetic and well executed. Can't wait to watch more.
Mar 21, 2015 9:23 AM

May 2013
Was that Light I just saw in the picture? It looked like him though.
Chiyuki's past finally revealed. That skating she did was beautiful. Decim was kind enough to control the crowd to clap for her.
Ginti and his very harsh decision for both Mayu and Harada. For that, I say that it was a reasonable decision and I have no complaints.
Cliffhanger again. Will they finally decide Chiyuki's fate?
Mar 21, 2015 9:23 AM
Nov 2014
Most ppl hate Ginti for what he did but i do not feel that angered about it. Yes i agree it was sort of an ass decision to trick Mayu, but in the end, i believe Ginti gave Mayu what she wanted. She wanted to be with Harada for eternity. So if Ginti were to send one to the void, and the other to reincarnation, Mayu and Harada will be separated forever. Feel free to disargee ( which i believe most of you will ), but this is just my take on the matter :)
Mar 21, 2015 9:26 AM

May 2014
I just wanna know the name of the song played in the ice skating scene. Someone knows?

That scene was gorgeous!!!!
Mar 21, 2015 9:46 AM

Mar 2013
What the hell has just happened? Harada and Mayu were both sent to Void... what? Now this is an outcome I haven't imagined and could argue on so many levels. I guess it is meant to stand as a set-up so we aren't too certain that Chiyuki (Kurokami no Onna) will be sent to Reincarnation in the final episode, as indeed anything can happen. But damn, that wasn't supposed to happen...
Mar 21, 2015 9:57 AM

Oct 2011
Subpyro said:
What the hell has just happened? Harada and Mayu were both sent to Void... what? Now this is an outcome I haven't imagined and could argue on so many levels. I guess it is meant to stand as a set-up so we aren't too certain that Chiyuki (Kurokami no Onna) will be sent to Reincarnation in the final episode, as indeed anything can happen. But damn, that wasn't supposed to happen...

It was suppose to happen. If you would take your time to read the thread, you would see others, as well as I have made good arguments as to way Ginti was correct in his decision.
Mar 21, 2015 10:13 AM

Nov 2010
Seeing what happens to you when you get sent to the void honestly freaked me out a bit. That transition from a living to a broken lifeless doll... just wow.

Hell yeah, for Light's appearance. xD (Yay for Madhouse?)

I'm still not sure how to feel about Mayu and Harada...
Choosing a loved one VS selfish reasons VS sending someone else to the void VS being a blinded and being nothing that is worth of existance on its own?? Aaah.. I don't know where I'm going with this, my head is all jumbled up with what happened.

Am so excited for the next episode, but also sad that it will end...

Also, I almost think the opening is a parody in itself thinking about what these people do...
Mar 21, 2015 11:22 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode, was filled with emotions Chiyuki and Decim, and made all the preparation for the final episode, left a mystery about what will happen to the main characters

The anime has surprised me a lot so far, altering moments of tranquility and tension, I'm really looking forward to see the last episode ..
Mar 21, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2011
SlimCognito said:
I agree with others that Ginti did nothing wrong. She was willing to sacrifice another person's life for an idol she hardly knew and that idol didnt deserve to live. He didn't care about her at all and only showed interest in her looks. Ginti even asked her what would her life be without him. She said it would be worthless. Good riddance she wasted her life having low self-confidence. That's not a life worth living. When people here get older maybe you'll be able to grasp these concepts and appreciate writing of this caliber. (I hate playing the age card but there is no other explaination and i dont want just say people are stupid)

I agree with what you're saying about the rightness of Ginti's choice and Harada WAS an ass, but that's not your or anyone else's place to dictate how someone should live their lives. Some people have killer self-confidence and some don't, doesn't mean their lives become 'worthless', as you so elegantly put it. It's great that you seem to have a ton of it as it shows you telling people who don't that they're automatically only worth dying, but self-confidence doesn't come overnight and some young with low self-esteem grow up to become adults with low self-esteem; again doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed even a chance to live.
I AM pissed that Mayu made her choice like that but it was an impossible choice to begin with - either the person you love dies or someone else, no matter what you choose, to take that power onto your hands and decide over lives like that sends you to void either way.
She chose to devote her life to Harada, it was her choice to make Harada the thing that brought her happiness and meaning to her life.

Urgh, anyway. Hello, Light, how's afterlife working out for you?

Beautiful skating scene, loved it so much.
Oculus is seriously creeping me out more each time he makes an appearance. Poor Nona. And that cliffhanger, oh god whyyyyyyy??
死ねカス国に帰れ
Mar 21, 2015 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
So, is that what it happened... Poor Chiyuki-san :(
If you even known that you would lost the game and been thrown to the hell with your friend. Would you even try to save him? Just like her, I do...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 21, 2015 1:51 PM

Feb 2014
Dick move Ginti
Mar 21, 2015 2:15 PM

Mar 2013
Ginti you piece of shit, you were so upset about hearing Chiyuki helping with the judgments but now you are making Mayu do it >_>

I am not at all surprised by the outcome though, I was more surprised that Mayu wasn't sent to the void i n the first place. Not that I thought she deserved it but by the fact that Ginti's way of thinking would cause all the guests he would ever receive are doomed to be sent to the void. Didn't change watching the whole process of Mayu going there got me tearing up though :C

I read the thread, but am I missing something? From what Ginti said for Harada's soul to be saved from the void another soul has to go there in exchange right? Mayu seemed more than willing to sacrifice herself in order to save Harada. Did she not choose for herself to go to the void? We didn't actually see what choice she made; not that it mattered since any choice she had made would have sent her to the void anyway - Ginti made it a lose lose lose situation where she was not allowed to not choose.

Ginti wanted to send her to the void but for some reason didn't. I thought this anime was going to do something for Ginti's character development (like show him that not all humans were completely selfish or something) but I guess not. Showing how Ginti did things in his bar was fun but anything further was utterly pointless...

This anime is still good overall. Oculus is creepy though, I wonder what he'll do to Nona now that he knows the truth.

I watched episode 10 and this back to back so I want to say "it was nice to know Chiyuki's name finally" ^^ It was hinted quite a bit throughout the anime that she was a figure skater. Watching the whole part with her skating was really nice to watch. Too bad she committed suicide.
Chiyuki seemed quite happy with her life as a figure skater but it seemed that was all she identified with. Based on the flashes and her words, it seemed her friends and love life(?) revolved around the fact that she was figure skater. They either weren't real friends or they only had skating in common either way it would have left her in her own depression :/ I'm just speculating though since they didn't really delve that much into it and wasted time on the Ginti side plot :/

I wonder what Decim will do, hm...

Mar 21, 2015 3:03 PM

Sep 2012
I really hope that old man doesn't do that flower-strangulation thing to Nona...
Mar 21, 2015 3:20 PM

Jan 2013
Great imagery to end the episode one.
Mar 21, 2015 3:41 PM
Sep 2014
So with Light Yagami's cameo, Mayu is being forced to choose who will reincarnate or dissipate into the void.

This episode shows Death Note's way of thinking as well. In Death Note, Light Yagami was trying to be an arbiter for the world that he wants. He chooses which people deserve to live like Decim, and he eliminates those who he doesn't prefer.

I love how this show plays with your emotions and your moral values. It doesn't matter what the person in the tv screen is like. Mayu had no right to choose who would go to the void. If she ever did choose, she should be sent to the void as well. The only way Mayu would get reincarnated was if she let Haruki go and move on from him, which would never happen.
Mar 21, 2015 3:45 PM

Jul 2009
I don't think Ginti's choice was wrong. He expliticly stated what going to the void means. Nevertheless, Mayu chose to go with Harada no matter what.

Also, by sending them down the elevator together, their souls ended up as one which is probably the best outcome for Mayu. Ginti must have taken that into account.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

837 by fuzzyGengar »»
Apr 10, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.