Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2015 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A good amount of symbolism this episode. Onna is cute as a kid and she seems to have a passion for ice skating. I mean, her ice skating outfit looks nice.

Otherwise, I thought the episode had a good focus on her overall in terms of storytelling both with events of the past and present. She's got quite the skills too in ice skating! Very emotional ending though.
Stark700Mar 20, 2015 12:02 PM
Mar 20, 2015 10:56 AM

May 2009
What a fucking piece of shit Ginti is.
Mar 20, 2015 11:51 AM

Dec 2008
Ginti, fuck you.
Mar 20, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2014
why the hell the motherf.cker sent them to the void?And the ice skating scene was beautiful
Mar 20, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2014
Fuck Ginti. WHY??

That ice skating scene was so beautiful! :')

It looks like Decim will save her next episode. The last one...
Mar 20, 2015 11:58 AM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011

Light from Death Note WTF? :D
Mar 20, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
^
I thought the exact same thing!

But Ginti man lost some respect for you there! I'm not ready for the final episode
Mar 20, 2015 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
akarin- said:

lol so this why they said people dying faster recently.
Mar 20, 2015 12:05 PM
Connoisseur Cat
May 2013
akarin- said:

I LITERALLY THOUGHT THIS AS WELL XD Like, dafuq? :P
Mar 20, 2015 12:06 PM
Jun 2014
That episode was brilliant. the skating scene was beautiful and here explanation of what happened and her past was also good. On the other hand here death was stupid and i feel it was just disappointing. Also Ginti should have sent the girl to reincarnation and the guy to the void not both of them there but i liked to see what happens to the people that goes to the void. 4/5
Mar 20, 2015 12:08 PM

Feb 2014
I liked how Chiyuki gained all of her memories through that skating performance.
The music playing just really fit through it all. So beautiful.
For me, this is the first time I've seen a skating performance animated.

Poor Mayu... just wanting to save Harada. It looked like their souls merged together.

Oh no Nona :/

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Mar 20, 2015 12:09 PM
Sep 2013
That Ost with that nice skating scene was nice.
I swear that picture was Light lol.
I though Ginti would've had a change of heart but no still a jerk.
Decim and Chiyuki was sad. Set her up with a drink.
Mar 20, 2015 12:09 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
For the most part this episode was freaking beautiful...Loved all of the symbolism as well

We finally found out about Chiyuki's life and quite frankly it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen....Combine her past with her skills as an champion ice skater, that scene was just the epitome of beauty

The feels were pretty strong once we found out that she got a career ending injury....It's sad to see how such a sweet girl would take her own life and I really felt bad for her especially when she reflected on her life with Decim TwT

Ginti is a fucking cunt though....I can't believe he did that shit......And Nona is pretty much fucked now that Oculus is ready to pounce it seems...But what I like is that it seems that Decim is going to rebel in some way by doing something with Chi-chan

This is setting up for quite the explosive finale and I can't wait to see it
Mar 20, 2015 12:17 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
akarin- said:

lol so this why they said people dying faster recently.
Suddenly it all makes sense to me now lol
Mar 20, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Damn that was depressing X__X. I don't want this to end !!!!
Mar 20, 2015 12:26 PM

Oct 2011
Ginti made the right decision. People questioning his decision are idiots.

Harada had all the makings of being a void placement. Selfish, shallow, a serial cheater and caused one of his lovers to commit suicide. He deserved void without a shadow of a doubt.

He was on the fence with Mayu. So what did he do? He tested her by asking her to choose Harada and other guy to go to void. Mayu didn't even have the audacity to ask who the other guy was or what he did in his life but instead blindly choose Harada. Ginti gave her another chance by asking her what her life would be without Harada and she said "nothing". Totally meaningless. Meaning that if she was to go reincarnation, her life would be meaningless unless she found someone to look up.Void was her destination.

Ginti was on point and the people crying foul, need to grow the fuck up.
Mar 20, 2015 12:27 PM
Mar 2014
Man, this episode is truly good. Chiyushi and her memories and her ice-skating... Poor girl. That music is also really, really well chosen.
Ginti... really, asshole. I wonder btw since Kira and Harada are together in the void and are aware of each other and still in love, whether it'll change the void.
Nona is in deep trouble... Oculus doesn't seem like the person you want to mess with, and that is exactly what she's done by giving 2 arbiters human emotions without his consent nor approval. And now he's aware of it... Damn, I doubt Nona will survive this.

BTW, wtf did Decim do with Chiyushi's drink? Knocked her out or what?
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Mar 20, 2015 12:29 PM

Aug 2010
Quite the test Ginti made there :O But Light definitely needs to go to the void XD Friggin Ginti though O_o He's such an asshole lol XD Sent her to the void along with Harada?!?! Quite the feelz scene that was when they both changed to dolls!

Chiyuki's skating scene was really beautiful *_* She looked really pretty. Quite lots of amazing moves she's got there. The scene when her knee broke suddenly was strong as hell! Didn't expect she killed herself :O

Dat Cliffhanger though!! WTH is Oculus gonna do?!?!
Mar 20, 2015 12:31 PM

Nov 2007
Borgov said:
Mayu didn't even have the audacity to ask who the other guy was or what he did in his life but instead blindly choose Harada.

she asked exactly this...........
Mar 20, 2015 12:34 PM

Oct 2011
Black_wind said:
Borgov said:
Mayu didn't even have the audacity to ask who the other guy was or what he did in his life but instead blindly choose Harada.

she asked exactly this...........

She asked him but didn't push for it. She blindly chose Harada.

Why didn't she push Ginti for answer? She challenged him before and yet now when a critical decision needs to be made, she doesn't push for it. As I said before, she had the audacity to not even ask who that guy is.
GovMar 20, 2015 12:39 PM
Mar 20, 2015 12:42 PM

Dec 2014
Ginti was a dick but hell he isn't supposed to have emotions. Light is chillin' in Quindecim as it seems.
Chiyuki looked beautiful. Decim *cough* very clap, much wow with the audience.

Beautiful but sad episode overall. The soundtrack was amazing.
Mar 20, 2015 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
Wow fuck Ginti. She even asked what that guy did in his life but he wouldn't answer her.

Also we learnt more about Chiyuki.

Great episode.
Oh god who are you people?
Mar 20, 2015 12:48 PM

May 2014
OMG
OMMGGG!!!
FUCK U GINTTIIII
FUCKKK UUU!!!!!
U FUCKING BASTARD!!!!!

Mar 20, 2015 12:48 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
As much as I like Ginti, that was totally a unjust move for him to send both Mayu and Harada to void. But I thought Mayu could've asked him further about his reason for living, since they're quite similar.
That Light cameo though.. Now you know why people have been dying at a faster rate. XD

Chiyuki's skating scene was amazing with bits of flashbacks from when she was alive. Kinda felt bad for her as she pretty much lost her meaning of living.

That Oculus at the end though.. Somehow, he gives off a perverted old man vibes. Hopefully, nothing bad will happen to Nona.

Good episode. The title for the finale sound interesting. Hopefully, it'll finish strong as well.

Mar 20, 2015 12:49 PM
Mar 2014
Craftworld_MM said:
Ginti was a dick but hell he isn't supposed to have emotions.

Actually, Ginti is supposed to have emotions. Both Ginti and Decim are the two arbiters who got implemented by Nona with emotions. Ginti seems however to have gotten the more negative emotions and Decim the more positive emotions...
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Mar 20, 2015 12:50 PM

May 2013
Ruku-Kawa said:
akarin- said:

I LITERALLY THOUGHT THIS AS WELL XD Like, dafuq? :P

LOL

So we see what happened with Chiyuki in the past. That was sad with Harada and Mayu going to the void.
Mar 20, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
Borgov said:

Harada had all the makings of being a void placement. Selfish, shallow, a serial cheater and caused one of his lovers to commit suicide. He deserved void without a shadow of a doubt.

He was on the fence with Mayu. So what did he do? He tested her by asking her to choose Harada and other guy to go to void. Mayu didn't even have the audacity to ask who the other guy was or what he did in his life but instead blindly choose Harada. Ginti gave her another chance by asking her what her life would be without Harada and she said "nothing". Totally meaningless. Meaning that if she was to go reincarnation, her life would be meaningless unless she found someone to look up.Void was her destination.

Did you watch the same episode that I did? Because she clearly asked Ginti who the guy was?

Yeah the right choice was made because she basically said that she couldn't live without Harada. My point is that she did ask who the other guy was.

So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 20, 2015 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
Akarin said:

If given a fair chance, Light could fool everyone.
Mar 20, 2015 12:53 PM

Aug 2013
bastek66 said:
What a fucking piece of shit Ginti is.

I knew it from the beginning :p
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 20, 2015 12:54 PM

Nov 2007
I got so emotional again...ffuuu. This whole episode was so beautiful.

anyway,Mayu is true role model...Exactly,why her life couldn't be Harada?As she said,at least she choose it herself.
Why she wouldn't cast random guy (who is Kira) into the void?if someone asked me if i want to send into the void some person i know and love or some randomass guy,i wouldn't be pretending i am some kind of dalailama,higher being or idk what shit...

I like characters that are not pretentious bitches
Mar 20, 2015 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
lol don't know why everyone is hating on Ginti. he's still boss.

but seriously was that Light from Death Note? LOL
Mar 20, 2015 1:00 PM

Oct 2011
CeissaDesiste said:
Borgov said:

Did you watch the same episode that I did? Because she clearly asked Ginti who the guy was?

Yeah the right choice was made because she basically said that she couldn't live without Harada. My point is that she did ask who the other guy was.

She asked him but didn't push for it. How are you making a decision this large but not pushing Ginti for answers? Mayu challenges him all the time she was on screen and yet now when faced with task of putting a soul in void, she lets him dictate the conversation?

Bullshit.

Ginti even said "when you make the decision, push the button" and so he was willing to wait. He made it clear to her that this was a big decision she going to make and so why the rush? Why not sit down and ask Ginti everything about the guy sitting down there? So no, she didn't really ask Ginti for who the guy was.

As I said before, she blindly chose Harada and deserved void.
Mar 20, 2015 1:00 PM
Mar 2014
I suppose that we know for sure that nothing will ever happen in this show. What a waste of screentime..

That girl has never been anything of value. Ginti noted this and bluntly addressed it, so I think he made the right choice.
vegetablespiritMar 20, 2015 1:06 PM
Mar 20, 2015 1:03 PM

Oct 2011
Craftworld_MM said:
Ginti was a dick but hell he isn't supposed to have emotions. Light is chillin' in Quindecim as it seems.

Watch the episode again. He gave her as much time as she needed and said to push the button when needed. He was willing to answer her question but wanted to see how much devotion she had for Harada.

She had an opportunity to ask but was so blinded by her fanboyism to Harada, she threw a soul to void blindly.
Mar 20, 2015 1:07 PM

Oct 2012
The skating scene was so beautiful.
And, well, Harada went to the void and he was Mayu's life, so... Yea... At least she was happy.
Mar 20, 2015 1:07 PM

Aug 2014
vodall said:
I suppose that we know for sure that nothing will ever happen in this show. What a waste of screentime..

That girl has never been anything of value. Ginti noted this and bluntly addressed it, so I think he made the right choice.

So every fangirl should go to hell?
Mar 20, 2015 1:08 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
WOW FUCK YOU GINTI ASSHOLE :X God, i was shattered after that.

And holy shit, the ice skating scene was wonderful, somewhat got teary during that.
Mar 20, 2015 1:12 PM

Jan 2015
Chiyuki death by suicide was very disappointing.

"I can't skate anymore thus I should kill myself. Sounds like a plan."

If she had died because of a skating accident, would have been much imho. The character is somewhat stained after this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2010
Seeing what being sent to the void means was quite nice.

Really enjoyed Chiyuki's figure skating as we see her past. The music was very fitting, having a sense of sadness along with being really beautifully tranquil for the most part. Her childhood was really filled with smiles, an accident leading to suicide :(

Was that Ginti's way of passing judgement knowing Mayu would pick Harada. Picking someone over another is bad, but no saving the one that is important is much worst. Sending them to the void after knowing what it is now. Another great scene with the music, the last struggle... sigh.

Oculus!!!

Sep 2014
So sad episode... Ginti WHY :l .. ?

So now even Onna/Chiyuki will turn into puppet ?

And that Oculus.. I Hope last episode will be good !
Mar 20, 2015 1:14 PM
Mar 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
vodall said:

So every fangirl should go to hell?

Did I even say something that resembled that? The decision as to whether to be sent to the void or reincarnated was practically up to her, but she chose to stay with her loved one. Ginti gave her more than enough time to consider the consequences of it, but she arrogantly rushed to her death. She even admitted that she thought she'd be worthless without Harada, hence her fate.

Morals of lying aside, the decision is logically sound. I don't see how that's debatable in any way, unless you missed the point of the conversation. Maybe I'd be upset about her death if I could actually care about the characters in this show (maybe because they're written to be disposed of).
vegetablespiritMar 20, 2015 1:19 PM
Mar 20, 2015 1:14 PM

Oct 2013
Borgov said:
Craftworld_MM said:

Watch the episode again. He gave her as much time as she needed and said to push the button when needed. He was willing to answer her question but wanted to see how much devotion she had for Harada.

She had an opportunity to ask but was so blinded by her fanboyism to Harada, she threw a soul to void blindly.

Agreed. Some people are missing the point. When you are willing to sacrifice someone else's life for your own sake you are in the wrong. The only ironic part was the person in the picture was Light. Had it been anyone else I'm sure nobody would of questioned it
Mar 20, 2015 1:19 PM

Jul 2010
That skating scene was one of best things that happened in this show.Beautiful.
I think that people think of Ginti as too human-ish.Moment in which Mayu chose Harada was deciding for her, especially when someone who's not Decim is a judge.Other arbiters don't sympatize with anyone, they have their own rules - you are selfish? well here is void for you.I think that this system in general sucks tho, because every person on this planet would choose person whom they care about instead of someone they don't know, but then again Ginti/other arbiters don't understand human feelings, and he thinks that it's out of selfishness, not out of from example love.It's just all harsh, as Chiyuki said.
Mar 20, 2015 1:21 PM

Apr 2013
Holy shit, that was so beautiful and yet so sad. wow.
Mar 20, 2015 1:22 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Ginti you fucker.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 20, 2015 1:23 PM

Nov 2014
The ice skating was beautiful, and Light is being judged?
Hi there
Mar 20, 2015 1:23 PM
Dec 2014
Best episode of the series, but I got a feeling next one will be even better!

Ginti actually did the right thing. Mayu obviously couldn't stay there forever and I got this feeling he somehow arranged so she could meet Harada in the void.

Oculus is seriously creepy, I'm doubting his motives. He seems beyond just wanting to keep things as they are.

Didn't think Chiyuki ended her own life, but oh well. I wonder what Decim is going to do in the finale. Wookie sense tells me we will get a bittersweet ending,
Mar 20, 2015 1:27 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, all the comments about Light being the guy in the picture. I didn't even notice that. Now it all makes sense!

In all seriousness though, this was another excellent episode, particularly the ice skating scene where we finally found out about Chiyuki's past. It really wasn't what I was expecting.

What's going to happen in the finale I wonder?
Mar 20, 2015 1:34 PM

Jan 2015
AikaKateshiki said:
Lahi said:
Chiyuki death by suicide was very disappointing.

"I can't skate anymore thus I should kill myself. Sounds like a plan."

If she had died because of a skating accident, would have been much imho. The character is somewhat stained after this episode.

This is not what happened. After the incident, she clearly understood that even with her friends and family beside her, she doesn't have a meaning to her existense.She even mentioned it wasn't because she couldn't skate anymore; it was due to the fact that she realized her life is nothing but a shallow shell. Thus she started resenting herself and committed suicide.

The writing staff didn't go into detail on why she was questioning her existence and being empty. It went like this: can't skate no more =>sitting in bed depressed => killed myself. There was no build up or any explaination on where these feelings originated from. There has to be mental shift with an explaination on the next course of action, which is depression. This wasn't done well at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2015 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Chiyuki's skating scene was beautiful

Ginti sent those two to void.

Light from Death Note is there...that was surprising.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

837 by fuzzyGengar »»
Apr 10, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.