Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Why don't you like this anime or why do you? and why did you give it the rating you did?

Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 21, 2015 7:09 AM

Jul 2012
MgMaster said:
+ Fantastic character development for Kousei with a proper closure
+ The supporting cast serves it's purpose well, to help Kousei move forward
+ Kousei's trauma is well portrayed, making for some good drama
+ Overall a well-structured story that didn't loose track of it's main purpose, a.k.a. Kousei's development
+ Good/great classical music performances
+ Good visuals when it matters the most
+ Great atmosphere overall

- Bad and random comedy that ruins the serious dramatic moments
- Show can get awfully melodramatic quite often
- Lacks subtlety when it's the type of show that'd benefit greatly from it, even in some of it's better, non-melodramatic moments
- Obvious emotional manipulation by using the sick girl trope with Kaori, instead of letting the audience decide how they should feel towards her
- Heavy usage of the manic pixie dream girl trope early on in a show that takes itself very seriously. I ended up accepting it in the end but they could've at least tone it down a notch.
- Character interactions weren't very good most of the time, the main offender here being between Kousei & Kaori, which should've been a given

For a while now I've come to embrace the fact that it comes down to how much do the pros & cons weigh for each of us. I value character interactions a lot, and Shigatsu kind of failed at that so it was a big downer for me. I also value the main character(s) development a lot, and Shigatsu did a damn good job at that, so a big plus there. I don't think I need to go on with this, you guys get where I'm coming from.

Now let's talk about teh feelz:

Shigatsu relies a lot on how much feels you'll get after all, way too much I'd say. But it's fun to get lost in the feels, IMO, so just going with it, which is what most of the MAL community did judging by how high it's ranked might not be so bad. I enjoy all teh feelz as well and have no intention of turning into a cold logic bastard - tried it, it had it's charms but then I tried the former as well, it was way more fun.

Alas, feels alone won't make a show great for me and even then, Shigatsu has the problem where the feels you get aren't really genuine in that if you don't deliberately let yourself be emotionally manipulated, you might not even get them, or not as much anyway. I did let myself be emotionally manipulated because my purpose was mainly to enjoy the show, rather than criticize it. It worked but there's a limit to how well it worked. So, it got a 7/10 from me though I was strongly debating between that or an 8 right after I watched the final episode, which I though was awesome - but I would've lowered it to a 7 a few weeks or months afterwards, so might as well do it now.

Also, rank 15? Definitely overrated. Shouldn't even be a question about it. But overrated =/= bad.
I agree with most of this.

I'll add I didn't like how they spammed the crap out of those cherry blossoms; the visuals as a whole were quite over the top and quite distracting at times. The children’s character designs also looked retarded. Blatant copy of the little fairies from Jinrui Wa Suitai Shimashita.

That Chopin duet tho!!!
Konbu is important
Mar 21, 2015 7:42 AM

Nov 2012
Ranked #15th on MAL and it might go even higher.

Welp, another reason to never let anyone know I use this site. Is shitty melodrama all it takes to be top 20?
Mar 21, 2015 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
icontinuetofight said:
DAMN CASUALS I HATE ALL OF YOU

favorites one piece, little buster
One Piece is objectively better than your favorite anime.

it don't make it good
Mar 21, 2015 8:17 AM
Feb 2014
People need to realise that people like different stuff. I personally love romantic dramas, but i can understand why some people dont. Dont hate on an anime having a high rating if the majority of people enjoyed it?

I think this series was absolutely beautiful and dont think it is overrated at all. It kept me intrigued every week and all the characters were very loveable in my opinion. I dont understand why some people hated the characters so much? But like i said opinions are opinions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2015 8:19 AM

Oct 2011
antonnn said:
Well Little Busters was definitely better than Shigatsu, I actually got feels from it.

Plus I do feel it's pretty sad that so many people on this forum have to go to somebody else's profile to look for something to give them shit about, whether it's a rating or favourite series, it's so childish.

Little Buster's last episode was one giant plot hole. It was terrible.

I might not be fanboying about this show but don't compare that garbage to this.
Mar 21, 2015 9:46 AM

Nov 2014
9/10 for me

-Good Character development
-Character background was good
-Music is impeccable
-The story was so god damn good!
-How you can relate to being the so call "Third Wheel" of the relationship (this is just me)

I just gave it a 9 since the ending was the one I HATED the most! Why couldn't it have been. . . The lie. . . What is this atrocity! I so hated the ending, why? why? though I saw the "sickly girl like mom" cliche ahead, but why the god damn ending? (T_T)
Mar 21, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
9/10.
The positive aspects I like were already mentioned.

It's not a masterpiece, but it's one of my favourite anime series at the moment.

So why no 10/10 rating?
Some negative aspects were already mentioned, but I will repeat the aspects that I didn't like. First, the little gag scenes weren't really good. They were quite annoying. Additionally, the characters were a great [-] point. The only one to develop was Kousei. Kaori's presentation was also good. The brown-hair girl (I don't even remember hier name) was annoying and there wasn't any development. Only boring drama. Her friend was very annyoing and Watari's presence was unnecessary.
Mar 21, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2013
Have never really been a fan of melodrama. Art and music was great though. 7/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 21, 2015 10:27 AM

Jun 2014
Naxrrhid said:
Ranked #15th on MAL and it might go even higher.

Welp, another reason to never let anyone know I use this site. Is shitty melodrama all it takes to be top 20?

haha, it's not like anyone cares you use the website anyway lmfao

deal with it bitches
:3
Mar 21, 2015 10:38 AM

Dec 2013
I love how all of these walls of text in the first page were written by people who haven't finished the series ( hell, some didn't even watch half of it ). And of course, for the most part they have no idea what are they even talking about.
Mar 21, 2015 10:46 AM

Apr 2014
8/10

I wish I didn't watch the last episode, the ending kind of ruined it for me. I had so much feels through this show and really didn't get bored with it even once but the ending kind of killed those feels and left me just feeling; uh that's it, wait what ??

I really liked the characters and Kousei's development was good but I wish there had been more for the other characters like Watari.

The story, I actually really enjoyed it and Kousei's past and current trauma and relationships with Kaori and his friends really made me emotional and that's always a plus because I love getting emotional haha. The story didn't loose it's main purpose which I'm glad for since I feel like that happens in many anime. However, the way he kind of went in to denial rather than overcoming his trauma was really hard to watch it just made so sad and I felt like no one really reached out and wanted to help him I mean how fucking sad is that.

Loved the art and the soundtrack.

And then there is Kaori, I really didn't like her.

I'm not good with words I don't know why I attempted this OTL.
Mar 21, 2015 10:48 AM

Aug 2014
MgMaster said:
+ Fantastic character development for Kousei with a proper closure
+ The supporting cast serves it's purpose well, to help Kousei move forward
+ Kousei's trauma is well portrayed, making for some good drama
+ Overall a well-structured story that didn't loose track of it's main purpose, a.k.a. Kousei's development
+ Good/great classical music performances
+ Good visuals when it matters the most
+ Great atmosphere overall

- Bad and random comedy that ruins the serious dramatic moments
- Show can get awfully melodramatic quite often
- Lacks subtlety when it's the type of show that'd benefit greatly from it, even in some of it's better, non-melodramatic moments
- Obvious emotional manipulation by using the sick girl trope with Kaori, instead of letting the audience decide how they should feel towards her
- Heavy usage of the manic pixie dream girl trope early on in a show that takes itself very seriously. I ended up accepting it in the end but they could've at least tone it down a notch.
- Character interactions weren't very good most of the time, the main offender here being between Kousei & Kaori, which should've been a given

For a while now I've come to embrace the fact that it comes down to how much do the pros & cons weigh for each of us. I value character interactions a lot, and Shigatsu kind of failed at that so it was a big downer for me. I also value the main character(s) development a lot, and Shigatsu did a damn good job at that, so a big plus there. I don't think I need to go on with this, you guys get where I'm coming from.

Now let's talk about teh feelz:

Shigatsu relies a lot on how much feels you'll get after all, way too much I'd say. But it's fun to get lost in the feels, IMO, so just going with it, which is what most of the MAL community did judging by how high it's ranked might not be so bad. I enjoy all teh feelz as well and have no intention of turning into a cold logic bastard - tried it, it had it's charms but then I tried the former as well, it was way more fun.

Alas, feels alone won't make a show great for me and even then, Shigatsu has the problem where the feels you get aren't really genuine in that if you don't deliberately let yourself be emotionally manipulated, you might not even get them, or not as much anyway. I did let myself be emotionally manipulated because my purpose was mainly to enjoy the show, rather than criticize it. It worked but there's a limit to how well it worked. So, it got a 7/10 from me though I was strongly debating between that or an 8 right after I watched the final episode, which I though was awesome - but I would've lowered it to a 7 a few weeks or months afterwards, so might as well do it now.

Also, rank 15? Definitely overrated. Shouldn't even be a question about it. But overrated =/= bad.

I agree completely, only instead of a 7 I gave it an 8/10. Temptation after the last episode was too great.

I especially and wholeheartedly agree with the bold, it's pretty much the matter of Shigatsu's rank in one sentence.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 21, 2015 10:54 AM

Feb 2009
robis798 said:
I love how all of these walls of text in the first page were written by people who haven't finished the series ( hell, some didn't even watch half of it ). And of course, for the most part they have no idea what are they even talking about.
Mar 21, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2014
I think TYR0N3's review on the front page summarized my views on this show. It had a ton of potential and I really liked it...at the beginning. It seemed to get worse as it neared the end. The comedy was just terribly placed, ruining the mood and confusing the audience. Am I supposed to feel sad or uplifting? Make up your mind! The monologues were a pain to watch. I don't mind it if its crucial to the plot, but flashbacks over and over and over doesn't help as well as repeating your past. Last but not least, I felt like Kaori wasn't relevant until the last few episodes. She pretty much stayed in the hospital the whole time and served as a plot device. Something goes wrong, refer to Kaori.

As someone who enjoyed dramas such as Clannad AS, toradora, anohana (you know all the big ones), I felt at a loss how this show is rated so high. Not that its a problem, but I expected somewhere around 8.2 -8.3, but definitely not nearing a 9.
Mar 21, 2015 11:21 AM

Apr 2013
Mar 21, 2015 12:33 PM

Feb 2010
robis798 said:

Obligatory nazi analogy:
It's like the Nazis. I wouldn't need to wait until 1945 to tell you that they are bad, it was already clear in the 1930s. Jews fleeing the country back then certainly did the right thing, same goes for me dropping the show early.

And nothing anyone ever said about the show while defending it even hinted at it suddenly making a 180 and dealing with the issues in a more reasonable way, on the contrary. If you have any arguments bring them, but simple saying 'you didn't finish the show' while not even attempting to deal with the issues pointed out is just a lazy and stupid argument. Not to mention that being THAT bad in the first half couldn't be redeemed even if it suddenly became a totally different show, with different characters and themes. Which I still doubt from all my conversations with fans and non-fans who completed the show.

Basically you don't have any counter arguments so you take the lazy way out. I'm also sure people would scream 'but if you hated it so much why did you even finish it' if I did. It's the good old 'you can't win against fanboys' situation. No matter what you do they'll always find a reason to discard your opinion without any actual arguments so it doesn't really matter one way or the other. I shouldn't even waste my time typing this since it's most likely futile, but at least I didn't waste my time watching 10+ more episodes of a show that was clearly terrible at everything that counts, from execution of its main themes to the personality of the main characters.

Also Nidhoeggr did finish the show and TripleS is still watching it so your comment should really be only directed at me.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 21, 2015 12:36 PM

Feb 2010
mattie2710 said:
People need to realise that people like different stuff. I personally love romantic dramas, but i can understand why some people dont. Dont hate on an anime having a high rating if the majority of people enjoyed it?

Implying that everyone who dislikes Shitgatsu dislikes romantic drama in general? That's bullshit, I love a lot of shows from that genre, Shigatsu was just actively offensive, that's all there is to it. It's the first and only time an anime ever offended me, and I've seen a lot so that's quite a feat in itself. It has nothing to do with the genre though.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 21, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
>implying

dude you are so mad right now, your signature... i can see tears and anger in your face.

ty shigatsu, i love you
Mar 21, 2015 12:51 PM

Jan 2015
I understand peoples views are different and can sympathize with them if they didn;t find the show appealing because of melodrama, dialogue, and oteher stuff.

I still don't know why some people think he was unable to play the piano because he was emotionally scarred from abuse though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
7/10

Mediocre plot, story, execution
Very Cliche
Overall mediocre show.

And a minus for being higher rated then Nodame Canatabile on MAL.
Mar 21, 2015 2:35 PM

Jul 2009
I liked it, it was sad and beautiful, and even when Kaori died (I cried a lot, I confess) I still think it was a good end, Tsubaki made a move and I am pretty sure that in time she and Kousei will be together, and it makes me happy.
Kaori was a super special girl, that fought for her life and was able to give Kousei hope. I will always remember the 1st time she played violin, it was beautiful.
For it, I gave it a 9!
Mar 21, 2015 3:14 PM
Feb 2013
HasHash said:
I still don't know why some people think he was unable to play the piano because he was emotionally scarred from abuse though.

I don't get that either. The show goes out of its way to make it clear that its the death of Arima's mother and the role he thought he played in it that pushes him over rather than the actual physical abuse. I also don't get why people think Kaori was the only person that Arima relied on to get over his issues when Hiroko had played a large role too.
Mar 21, 2015 3:38 PM

Sep 2012
5/10, very interesting ideas, an amazing start, good performances, and then a lot of intrusive subplots, horrible comedy in-between drama scenes, too many monologues and a severe lack of dialogues. Plus the sidecast was barely developed, and even when they tried (Tsubaki), it came off as annoying because it was meddling with the main plot. It's a show that failed to put everything together correctly when it tried. The ending wrapped everything pretty nicely, but it doesn't excuse all of the other issues this anime has. The show didn't take itself seriously and was dealt with in an immature way most of the time, coming off as pretensious when these 14-year olds sound like they are adults or something
Mar 21, 2015 3:45 PM

Feb 2014
Varus said:
7/10

Mediocre plot, story, execution
Very Cliche
Overall mediocre show.

And a minus for being higher rated then Nodame Canatabile on MAL.

So what you're saying is you would give an 8/10 to an average show?

There is an option for a "5/10" you know?
ddenpaMar 21, 2015 8:23 PM
Mar 21, 2015 3:47 PM

Sep 2014
7/10, read my review.
Mar 21, 2015 4:22 PM

Apr 2014
icontinuetofight said:
>implying

dude you are so mad right now, your signature... i can see tears and anger in your face.

ty shigatsu, i love you

pmsl
Mar 21, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2014
i enjoyed it i gave it a 8/10 i can see how ppl can over and underrate this series. if u want to be critical u can find many flaws with the romance, characters unnatural behavior, a1's cutting corners with animation, and many more. but at the same time u gotta also appreciate the fact that these are kids who probably only experiences so much in life. the melodrama was there but hey anime is suppose to evoke emotion its a simple literary and visual tool.

for what its worth its a really nice series and idc where its ranked on mal cuz mal doesnt dictate my opinions what so ever.
Mar 21, 2015 4:43 PM

Apr 2014
it was a nice anime and I enjoyed it for the most part (not to mention how beautiful the art was) but I really do not think it deserves the top 20...I was actually shocked it went up so high in ranking. it was a 7/10-8/10 for me, nothing was that shocking or new. the drama was a bit too much and some things were getting repetitive. also one thing that annoyed me was that they were middle schoolers and yet they acted so knowing and clever. maybe if it was a 12 episode anime it would have been better

BUT, it wasn't bad at all so I also don't understand people who insist on rating it very low. the art alone should make it at least 7/10 lol
Mar 22, 2015 4:23 AM

Nov 2011
It's shit because it's shit.

No other reason.
Mar 22, 2015 4:29 AM

Apr 2013
zetsu_shoren said:

No other reason.

Invalid.
Mar 22, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2014
zetsu_shoren said:

No other reason.
i dont recommended enter this thread if your're still in elementary school.

@topic i rate it 10(9.5)/10 bcuz of beautiful story with outstanding music + Excellent execute.
GensanMar 22, 2015 5:26 AM
Mar 22, 2015 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
i dun recomend u enter here 2
Mar 22, 2015 5:41 AM

Jul 2014
zetsu_shoren said:
i dun recomend u enter here 2
i dont like talking with unreasoning person so let just drop it here.
Mar 22, 2015 5:49 AM

Mar 2014
8/10
+ the art,animation is really good
+ really liked the soundtrack, music
+ good story but sometimes boring even thought it made me cry for a couple times.
- didn't like the ending (not bcoz it was sad. im a fan of sad ending)
cuz you fucking cant tell somebody you like them after you die, think about
the other person.
if someone i like do it to me, probably i would feel really really bad.
- Kaori was really violent towards Kousei even tho he has a mentally problem.
i mean like wtf.
- after Kaori death Kousei act so cool and calm - why why why. even if you say
its bcoz "he grew up to be adult" still, you can't just pass over it like its nothing.
- that childhood friend is stupid as fuck - i dont want even to explain why bcoz
there are so much problems in that girl. jeez.
- cliche cliche cliche everywhere.

but i gave it 8/10 bcoz a really big part of it is enjoyment so
Rin-ichiharaMar 22, 2015 6:07 AM

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mar 22, 2015 6:16 AM

Jul 2014
HasHash said:

So, that he was not emotionally scarred (never mind the fact that he was emotionally scarred) somehow condones his mother's abuse and the show's subsequent treatment trying to justify, rationalize and even add supposed good intentions to the action? Bravo, then.

His inability to play piano stems from a combination of the abuse and his guilt. If it was solely from guilt, then he probably wouldn't have left the piano since that was after all the thing his mother would have wanted the least. He clearly states at one point that he played the piano because of his mother and he had no reason to continue onwards after her death. You must be retarded to think a psychosomatic disorder is solely the product of momentary guilt, when the underlying trauma in the first place is the only reason he has to shift all the blame to himself.

Hell, sometimes, even shows like this can't spell everything out for you; his tendency to always shift the blame around to his own person in itself is representing of trauma. His mother's treatment - abuse and subsequent trauma because of that is the only conceivable explanation for his dangerous lack of self worth. But the most cardinal sin is how the other characters treat him for it -- it's insulting, degrading, disturbing and inhumane. Instead of assuring him that he has no reason to blame himself, that he wasn't at the wrong all of the time - they tried to spill oil to flame, to debilitate his mental state and take advantage of the encumbered man to achieve their ends - be it getting him back to something he only pursued by the abuse of his mother or to get him away from it after he actually found appreciation for the art.
Mar 22, 2015 6:56 AM

Jun 2008
HasHash said:
fst said:
Most people consider being beaten to be a form of trauma but if you want to argue semantics....

Definition of trauma: "a deeply distressing or disturbing experience"
If he didn't feel deeply distressed or disturbed by it how is it trauma?

Oh and in Japan and Asian countries in general it's common to see beatings as a form of discipline. Speaking from experience.

fst said:
HasHash said:

lol read the arguments beforehand again if you didn't

Oh wow ok I see what you're saying now. The way that we was just able to go about life afterwards without having to be institutionalized or anything, go to school, hang out with friends, etc just like normal means that he didn't suffer at all from what his mother did to him. Absolutely no lasting consequences at all from any that.

I'm so sorry I didn't read your post carefully, but now that I understand, I absolutely and completely agree with you.

lol, sonny I see you have a long path in life to learn. Because, correct me if Im wrong, but if you are implying that Kousei was not traumatized by what his mother did to him, than let me tell you again...you still have to go a LOOOOONG way in life until you learn about PAIN and suffering.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 22, 2015 6:59 AM

Jul 2014
Takiya_Oomine said:
zetsu_shoren said:

No other reason.

@topic i rate it 10(9.5)/10 bcuz of beautiful story with outstanding music + Excellent execute.
Lol, it seems elementary kids have better grammar than you then
Mar 22, 2015 7:03 AM

Mar 2014
Terapin said:
Takiya_Oomine said:

lolololol u just got burn

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mar 22, 2015 7:06 AM

Aug 2013
Terapin said:
Takiya_Oomine said:

B A I T E D B O Y S
Mar 22, 2015 7:50 AM

Apr 2010
PinkSheep said:
7/10 I feel like it got rated high only because Kaori died

People are addicted to/just plain love feels. Clannad:AS doesn't really belong in the top 10 but it's so feely so it has to be ranked high by people carried away with their emotions at the time. Shiggers is getting the same treatment. It's not a bad series, but it's not good either, it's average.
Mar 22, 2015 8:05 AM

Aug 2013
antonnn said:
PinkSheep said:
7/10 I feel like it got rated high only because Kaori died

People are addicted to/just plain love feels. Clannad:AS doesn't really belong in the top 10 but it's so feely so it has to be ranked high by people carried away with their emotions at the time. Shiggers is getting the same treatment. It's not a bad series, but it's not good either, it's average.

its funny cuz you really think that your opinion is more valueable than 186277 ratings
Mar 22, 2015 8:16 AM

Nov 2008
The feels, mate, the feels.
Mar 22, 2015 8:25 AM

Apr 2011
chardsixteen said:
Most of the show is 7/10 material - great art and music, but overdone character narration and flashbacks.

The bittersweet but emotionally satisfying ending, however, bumped it up to 8/10 for me.

Felt the same way here.
Mar 22, 2015 9:14 AM

Apr 2010
icontinuetofight said:
its funny cuz you really think that your opinion is more valueable than 186277 ratings

I don't, not at all, but anyone with a brain on MAL knows the rankings aren't to be taken all that seriously. They aren't completely incorrect, though. Anyway I'm free to express my opinion how I want, and you're more than welcome to disagree, but there's no need to spit crap like that.

What you gonna do next? Go to my profile and find an anime you don't like that I personally rated high and then make fun of me about it like you did earlier in the thread? Go hard kid.
Mar 22, 2015 9:58 AM

Apr 2010
PinkSheep said:
At least Clannad AS wasn't this predictable There are animes better than this rated lower
I didn't get enough feels when Kaori died probably because she wasn't one of those super likeable characters

Mar 22, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
Terapin said:
HasHash said:

So, that he was not emotionally scarred (never mind the fact that he was emotionally scarred) somehow condones his mother's abuse and the show's subsequent treatment trying to justify, rationalize and even add supposed good intentions to the action? Bravo, then.

His inability to play piano stems from a combination of the abuse and his guilt. If it was solely from guilt, then he probably wouldn't have left the piano since that was after all the thing his mother would have wanted the least. He clearly states at one point that he played the piano because of his mother and he had no reason to continue onwards after her death. You must be retarded to think a psychosomatic disorder is solely the product of momentary guilt, when the underlying trauma in the first place is the only reason he has to shift all the blame to himself.

Hell, sometimes, even shows like this can't spell everything out for you; his tendency to always shift the blame around to his own person in itself is representing of trauma. His mother's treatment - abuse and subsequent trauma because of that is the only conceivable explanation for his dangerous lack of self worth. But the most cardinal sin is how the other characters treat him for it -- it's insulting, degrading, disturbing and inhumane. Instead of assuring him that he has no reason to blame himself, that he wasn't at the wrong all of the time - they tried to spill oil to flame, to debilitate his mental state and take advantage of the encumbered man to achieve their ends - be it getting him back to something he only pursued by the abuse of his mother or to get him away from it after he actually found appreciation for the art.

He can't play the piano solely because of his guilt. Everything in the show points to this. His mom beating him is meant to show conflicting views between parent and child, it doesn't condone abuse.

You can say something when you watched more than 5 anime because if you don't know how expanded emotions and situations play a role in this type of media then you don't even know the basics of the foundation of anime. I'm not saying I'm a guru on the subject but you shouldn't be arguing because you don't know what you're watching.

Your "this show fails to portray this clearly" statement in other words is just saying that "yea, the anime portrays this but I can't find an example for some reason."
Orulyon said:

lol, sonny I see you have a long path in life to learn. Because, correct me if Im wrong, but if you are implying that Kousei was not traumatized by what his mother did to him, than let me tell you again...you still have to go a LOOOOONG way in life until you learn about PAIN and suffering.

This is just hypothesizing that Kousei is traumatized because there's no proof in everything that was said.

You yourself said there are two types of traumatized people (shut-ins and people who aren't but hide it). You're just assuming that Kousei is the outgoing hide it under everything type.
Mar 22, 2015 1:43 PM

Sep 2011
6/10. It hardly had any music for a music themed show. The main character (girl) was a really annoying character—scratch that, both girls were annoying. The ending was not satisfying at all and I felt zero emotion. Only good thing was the Music played, OST, OP and art. Oh, and a very predictable death doesn't help (Even before reading the manga, I knew it was going to happen).

The 8.90 rating is beyond overrated for the show. I can see it being 8.5 max, but 8.90? Hah.
TyrelMar 22, 2015 1:46 PM
Mar 22, 2015 2:07 PM

Dec 2013
Tyrel said:
6/10. It hardly had any music for a music themed show. The main character (girl) was a really annoying character—scratch that, both girls were annoying. The ending was not satisfying at all and I felt zero emotion. Only good thing was the Music played, OST, OP and art. Oh, and a very predictable death doesn't help (Even before reading the manga, I knew it was going to happen).

The 8.90 rating is beyond overrated for the show. I can see it being 8.5 max, but 8.90? Hah.

your post in the manga sub-forum says otherwise?
Tyrel said:
The feels are real. Sad and depressing end. The author really did do it nicely with that letter. 9/10.
Mar 22, 2015 2:10 PM
Feb 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
mattie2710 said:

Implying that everyone who dislikes Shitgatsu dislikes romantic drama in general? That's bullshit, I love a lot of shows from that genre, Shigatsu was just actively offensive, that's all there is to it. It's the first and only time an anime ever offended me, and I've seen a lot so that's quite a feat in itself. It has nothing to do with the genre though.

If this anime offended you, i really hope you can seek help for that.

Nothing in this anime is offensive lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
2 hours ago

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Is this worth watching even if you got spoiled on the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Mister_WD - Apr 23, 2022

70 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.