Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 18, 2015 8:17 PM

Oct 2013
Haven't watched a very good anime series in a long time. I can't seem to get into it recently for about the past 6 months. I can't find any series that I love like I did previously. I'll list a few of my favorite shows that I loved to help give you an idea what I like.

- Code Geass
- Mirai Nikki
- Spice and Wolf
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Higurashi
- Sword Art Online
- Zetsuen No Tempest
- Steins Gate
- Soul Eater
- Claymore
- Elfen Lied
- Guilty Crown
- Deadman Wonderland
- Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
- Zero No Tsukaima (first series I ever watched)

As you can probably tell I like almost all genres. I want an awesome show. Nothing mediocre or decent. I just can't seem to find anything and like I said it's been around 6 months and I've looked..

I feel like I've watched all the amazing shows out there that I would enjoy. I hope I can get an amazing recommendation but I won't get my hopes up lol. Also if you have time please check my list out so you don't recommend me anything I've watched although if it's a very new series I almost definitely haven't watched it.
Mar 18, 2015 8:18 PM

Oct 2012
Ping Pong the Animation was the best show I watched from last year by miles.
Mar 18, 2015 8:25 PM

Oct 2013
Feaor said:

Sports anime isn't really my thing. I've never watched one. Also the art style looks horrible to me. Is it really that good? A show about table tennis?
Mar 18, 2015 9:22 PM

Oct 2012
Black_Silver said:
Feaor said:

Sports anime isn't really my thing. I've never watched one. Also the art style looks horrible to me. Is it really that good? A show about table tennis?
Yes, its only superficially about Ping Pong, its a character drama/coming of age story that is driven by Ping Pong. It is also ranked #41 if that is any indication of its quality.
Mar 18, 2015 9:42 PM

Nov 2013
Hunter x Hunter 2011

Mar 18, 2015 9:53 PM
Apr 2013
Haikyuu! - team work
Ping Pong - personal growth
Mushishi - sleeping pills
Kiseijuu - action + horror
Hunter x Hunter and Seven Deadly Sins for action & teens
Mar 18, 2015 9:56 PM

Oct 2013
Jared3318 said:
Hunter x Hunter 2011

Hey, I know Hunter X Hunter is still airing but I asked for newer series because I wanted something great that I haven't heard of before. Thanks for the recommendation but I've tried HxH before and I just don't enjoy little kids as the MC in most cases. I'm sure it's an awesome show though and will probably one day watch it.
Mar 18, 2015 10:53 PM
Mar 2015
Parasyte -the maxim- ......Ongoing
Your Lie in April ..........Ongoing
Shin Sekai Yori ........Give it a few episodes
5 Centimeters Per second....... The dub is pretty good on this one

Also I noticed Black Lagoon was on you plan to watch list. Not sure if you're one of those ppl who are against the existence of dubs but if not then the Dub for black lagoon was great and I definitely recommend it.
Mar 18, 2015 11:14 PM

May 2012
Parasyte -the maxim
Akatsuki no Yona
Nanatsu no Taizai
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis
Tokyo Ghoul
Junketsu no Maria
Mar 19, 2015 12:14 AM

Nov 2014
Since you enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul you might want to check out Tokyo Ghoul √A
Mar 19, 2015 12:27 AM

Feb 2013
Maria the Virgin Witch
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Noragami
Isshukan Friends
The Eccentric Family
Mar 19, 2015 12:35 AM

Jul 2011
There were quite a few dark series on your list so maybe you will like:

Death Parade, Zankyou no Terror or Psycho Pass.
Mar 19, 2015 2:25 AM
Aug 2014
Mahouka Kokou rettousei. you will enjoy it. it have a nice scifi super power concept.
Mar 19, 2015 2:50 AM

Feb 2013
kiseijuu (for me by far the best anime 2014 )
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Mar 19, 2015 8:19 AM

May 2012
+Kiseijuu
Kill la Kill
Mar 19, 2015 8:25 AM
Mar 2015
I hear that Parayste: The Maxim is good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 8:26 AM

Feb 2015
Poison414 said:
I hear that Parayste: The Maxim is good.

Not quite good....its okkayish.....
Mar 19, 2015 1:55 PM

May 2012
Parasyte = Kiseijuu
Mar 19, 2015 2:03 PM

Dec 2011
Both seasons of Magi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 2:05 PM

Oct 2013
EsiL said:
There were quite a few dark series on your list so maybe you will like:

Death Parade, Zankyou no Terror or Psycho Pass.

Thanks, I'll try Death Parade out. I usually like alot of Madhouse stuff.
Mar 19, 2015 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
xJapaliicious said:
Both seasons of Magi

Already watched Magi. I thought it was good but I wouldn't say I loved it or thought it was awesome.
Mar 19, 2015 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Smooki said:
kiseijuu (for me by far the best anime 2014 )

Started watching Parasyte but I'm not up to date on it so far. I'll finish it eventually.
Mar 19, 2015 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
Gokukoku no Brynhildr - Romance, action, adventure, sci-fi, mysterious anime with gore. It has gore, blood, death bodies, blood and blood, it's romance is not main focus, action is serious. There are ecchi and fanservice as filler arcs which are not that heavy, it's fanservice and ecchi is a bit less than one in Zero no Tsukaima. There are no tsundere like in female MC in ZnT. Ending is good, but they could make a better end. From what i see, ending is reffering as if a new season would appear, but reffers like it's final too so they ended to see whether they make good revenue to make second season, or not.

Zettai Karen Children (Hyoubu Kyousuke) - This anime has 2 different anime TV shows, one is ~50 eps and other one is 12 eps, it's the 12 eps im reffering to.
The anime is like a puzzle, there are comedy at times, but action is the main genre of this show, it has superpower genre (overpowered). Overall, i liked it, but from what i see, you like more like action anime which are serious so this will fit your needs. I am not sure if you will LOVE this, but i believe you will like it at LEAST!. Both of the anime i suggested are good and action-paced anime without tons of episodes. Both anime is new, 2013 and 2014 both.

EDIT: Gokukoku no Brynhildr has drama, while Zettai Karen has less drama (almost zero, just ending a bit nothing more)
Mar 19, 2015 2:13 PM

Feb 2015
- Akatsuki no Yona
- Arslan Senki (Upcoming)
- Nanatsu no Taizai
- Kekkai Sensen (Upcoming)
- Shokugeki no Souma (Upcoming)
- Owari no Seraph (Upcoming)
- Yamada-kun no 7-nin no Majo (Upcoming)
also
- Baccano (well it's rather old but since you like Durarara!! you'd love it cause' it's its predecessor..

Mar 22, 2015 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
Excarius said:
Gokukoku no Brynhildr - Romance, action, adventure, sci-fi, mysterious anime with gore. It has gore, blood, death bodies, blood and blood, it's romance is not main focus, action is serious. There are ecchi and fanservice as filler arcs which are not that heavy, it's fanservice and ecchi is a bit less than one in Zero no Tsukaima. There are no tsundere like in female MC in ZnT. Ending is good, but they could make a better end. From what i see, ending is reffering as if a new season would appear, but reffers like it's final too so they ended to see whether they make good revenue to make second season, or not.

Zettai Karen Children (Hyoubu Kyousuke) - This anime has 2 different anime TV shows, one is ~50 eps and other one is 12 eps, it's the 12 eps im reffering to.
The anime is like a puzzle, there are comedy at times, but action is the main genre of this show, it has superpower genre (overpowered). Overall, i liked it, but from what i see, you like more like action anime which are serious so this will fit your needs. I am not sure if you will LOVE this, but i believe you will like it at LEAST!. Both of the anime i suggested are good and action-paced anime without tons of episodes. Both anime is new, 2013 and 2014 both.

EDIT: Gokukoku no Brynhildr has drama, while Zettai Karen has less drama (almost zero, just ending a bit nothing more)

Thanks for the response man, I appreciate it. I'll definitely try out both. I'll try out Gokukoku no Brynhildr first. (after I've tried Death Parade from a previous recommendation).
Mar 22, 2015 12:09 PM

Oct 2013
Tobinami said:
- Akatsuki no Yona
- Arslan Senki (Upcoming)
- Nanatsu no Taizai
- Kekkai Sensen (Upcoming)
- Shokugeki no Souma (Upcoming)
- Owari no Seraph (Upcoming)
- Yamada-kun no 7-nin no Majo (Upcoming)
also
- Baccano (well it's rather old but since you like Durarara!! you'd love it cause' it's its predecessor..

I'll keep an eye out for some of these, thanks.
Mar 22, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2014
Kiseijuu
Nanatsu no Taizai
Akatsuki no Yona
Death Parade
Mar 22, 2015 12:22 PM

Aug 2012
Go watch Fate Stay Night UBW and join the hype train ChoooChooooo

Mar 22, 2015 12:55 PM
Jan 2009
Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut
Mar 22, 2015 1:44 PM

Dec 2014
+1 Death Parade
+1 Kiseiju

Kuroko no Basket is on its third season which is currently airing, and is by far the hypest show going.
Mar 23, 2015 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
Nyron said:
Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut Rage of Bahamut

Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched Already Watched

More topics from this board

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

67 by Natedog22 »»
2 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
4 hours ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - Apr 19

21 by radrocket »»
5 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 7 hours ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
6 hours ago

» ntr doujin?

3hitcombo - 10 hours ago

1 by Knighty_IX »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.