Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 3, 2009 2:26 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This one is alright, it looks like all the girls are starting to get attracted to Junpei but it's no surprise since it's harem^^ The Kirishima twins at the end are like different, I suppose they are going for more of a comedy path now instead of something serious.
ShanaFlameDec 3, 2009 2:40 PM
Dec 3, 2009 2:53 PM

Oct 2009
I for one liked this episode more than the others because I am a very big fan of those twintails twins. The magical transformation stuff did not fit at all in this series but it did fit in another way of showing the twins job other than their school....like a super hero in disguise. Liked Junpei's present to Akari and the pocky part because Junpei resisted the attacks of that cursed black cat to give energy to Akari. Looks like Junpei got slapped twice by Akari....was a little funny knowing her personality. I also liked how Kotone was stuck with Junpei in that bubble made by the evil cat. Akari has more powers than I though she would. The priest Kei goes to strip clubs? Is it a strip club? Akari looks good with that new gift but I though it was one for each twin......
ShanaFlame said:
This one is alright, it looks like all the girls are starting to get attracted to Junpei but it's no surprise since it's harem^^ The Kirishima twins at the end are like different, I suppose they are going for more of a comedy path now instead of something serious.
No, it might get serious..Jizou's head was knocked out at the end of episode...I smell trouble. Forgot to add some illustrative moments to take a look at if you want: Completely fell in love with Kotone/Akari when they were kids...it was so cute:
The power of Akari was completely off my estimation....she is more powerful than I ever though and here is the best example...she got so much power after 2 pokys?
One of the best parts was the pocky...admit you all that it was such a close kiss with Akari and Kotone was so jealous....
However Kotone got some good hugging/feeling up to Junpei around this part with the bubble and she looked to like it since she is blushing so much
francismeunierDec 4, 2009 3:50 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 3, 2009 2:58 PM

Jul 2008
francismeunier said:
The magical transformation stuff did not fit at all in this series but it did fit in another way of showing the twins job other than their school....like a super hero in disguise.
I like the twins as well so it's nice to see them getting more screentime at the second half^^ but yeah the transformation is just out of nowhere :D

francismeunier said:
No, it might get serious..Jizou's head was knocked out at the end of episode...I smell trouble.
Still, I think they will have a harem ending regardless XD
Dec 3, 2009 5:08 PM

Oct 2009
ShanaFlame said:

francismeunier said:
No, it might get serious..Jizou's head was knocked out at the end of episode...I smell trouble.

I agree with you ShanaFlame but it would be nice to get some serious things like this episode was half serious because there were some dangerous times but the end should be a harem one yes (could still be serious end) and the episode before the last one should be serious somehow to, I would think.

Dec 3, 2009 7:04 PM

Nov 2008
Okay... so AIC has taken a harem rom-com with fantasy elements and added magic girl twins. What's next, mechas? (I guess that Cat Mechas would be okay...)
Dec 4, 2009 2:15 AM

Jul 2008
francismeunier said:
ShanaFlame said:

francismeunier said:

I agree with you ShanaFlame but it would be nice to get some serious things like this episode was half serious because there were some dangerous times but the end should be a harem one yes (could still be serious end) and the episode before the last one should be serious somehow to, I would think.
Yeah it is possible that they will maybe have something serious before the end, but I think the ending won't ended as something serious :D
Dec 4, 2009 6:15 AM

Jan 2008
Yea! How much fun was that?!?! Who'd thought they'd work in some magical girl theme into this?
Dec 4, 2009 6:35 AM

Feb 2008
1/5.

This was pure shit. Even with the awesome twins.
Dec 4, 2009 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
It wasn't unfunny, but it was really bad :/
Dec 4, 2009 7:21 AM

Oct 2009
HoaRy said:
It wasn't unfunny, but it was really bad :/
Huh? I liked it....it was something different and it showed twins doing secret stuff apart from being normal and going to school. Is that bad? Was that forced....yeah that may have been.

Dec 4, 2009 7:31 AM

Sep 2007
It's just a desperate move to try to be not like more than the manga ? <_<
But one problem : I prefer more the manga than the anime.
Dec 4, 2009 7:41 AM

Jun 2009
CAn't believe only 2 more episodes !!
It was funny:)
akari kotone! yay!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Dec 4, 2009 7:44 AM

Jul 2009
*Sigh*..what was that? Not even funny..i should re-watch Kampfer again..well i laugh a little, that was when the monk go out from the club..that's all i can remember

I'm a bit disappointed..adding magical girl or something like that surely failure in my eyes..they should just keep on track..

I like the twins..but not in this kind of setup..

Next episode on Kana's again?? i guess they really take different path..where is my Mafia Fetish Big Sparkling Eyes Mizuno???
Dec 4, 2009 7:51 AM

May 2009
Wow , seriously ? ...
Dec 4, 2009 8:06 AM
Feb 2009
dbaranyi said:
Okay... so AIC has taken a harem rom-com with fantasy elements and added magic girl twins. What's next, mechas? (I guess that Cat Mechas would be okay...)
lol... this this ep simply not my type...
oblivious is a bliss
Dec 4, 2009 9:20 AM

Jun 2008
I like this kind of random and not generic episodes. Can't get enough of the twins anyway.
It's comedy after all.
Dec 4, 2009 10:50 AM

Sep 2009
I loved this ep. its was funny and i love the awesome twins I LOVE THEM :)
Dec 4, 2009 11:25 AM

Sep 2009
the responses to this episode seem to be polar opposites. ah well, im enjoying this so far. gotta take this series with a grain of salt.
Dec 4, 2009 11:47 AM

Jan 2008
Actually happy with the episode given the lack of attention given to the twins in the manga. Still, the next episode looks like it's gonna build up Kana's character more. Then for the final I'm guessing mainly filler to prepare for hopefully S2 with Mizuno's and Nagi-sempai'c character development.
Dec 4, 2009 12:30 PM

Sep 2007
So tsundere...
Dec 4, 2009 12:35 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
So tsundere...

Power tsundere is powerful.

This episode was OK, just a little unexpected and out in left field. Haven't read the manga, so I'm not going to bitch and moan like everyone in the history of watching anime does.
Dec 4, 2009 12:49 PM

Jun 2008
They are ruing it.
Dec 4, 2009 12:55 PM

Jul 2009
What the hell just happened :|

That was really unexpected but I liked it (although I'm not sure if it works with the anime as a whole), the twins are great so it was nice seeing them kicking ass! When the episode first started, I thought I downloaded the wrong thing for a moment :P
Dec 4, 2009 1:00 PM

Aug 2008
Okay, so how is Akari's power only able to reflect the curse away from her? And something bad is going to happen to Junpei, as hinted by the end of the episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2009 1:13 PM

Apr 2008
It was an OK episode. The whole 7 wonders thing kinda reminded me of Kingdom Hearts II or at least the stairs one did anyway. XD

Dec 4, 2009 1:29 PM

Jul 2009
Even with the "twins" episode, this was the worst (not that it was bad) episode. Did not felt as funny and good as the other episodes. Somehow I felt it lacked something.
Dec 4, 2009 1:39 PM

Feb 2008
only two pocky and shes able to do what she couldn't do the night before? could have done without this episode.
Dec 4, 2009 1:43 PM

May 2008
Wait .....what the hell I've just seen?
Dec 4, 2009 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
pocky power! and she liked that she had to take them from his mouth, he definitely has those twins in the palms of his hands
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 4, 2009 4:04 PM

Apr 2009
MAHOU SHOUJO!! and pocky power!!

i love this episode.. they went out of the generic harem stuff and went out with this thing.. i know it's pointless on the overall plot but for me, the appeal of comedy harems comes from how much they can throw out to us from the filler episodes/arcs..
Dec 4, 2009 4:19 PM
Aug 2009
The MC is cursed and can talk to cats and you're complaining about magic?!?!?!
Dec 4, 2009 4:25 PM

Jan 2009
Twins~
Akari~ and Kotone~
Actually, I don't even mind the usually so annoying mahou shoujo transformation, but since it was Kotone, it was wonderful : D

I want moar of both 'em twins, nao D:

Oh and anyway I think I prefer Akari over Kotone : >
But really, both of them are wonderful : D

And I've got pretty much nothing else to add on this for the time being xD.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 4, 2009 4:50 PM

Jul 2008
tsuntsun

I am with Junpei on the magical girls ("seriously?"). But I do like the twins a lot, so I liked the development with them. Next episode looks pretty funny as well, and I assume something will happen due to the cat statue getting broken again. Hopefully we will actually see something having to do with the curse.
Dec 4, 2009 4:57 PM

Jan 2009
GarLogan78 said:
and I assume something will happen due to the cat statue getting broken again. Hopefully we will actually see something having to do with the curse.

Although it never got fixed, as in.. really repaired. Junpei just adjusted the head so it didn't look broken.
So some meanie went and knocked it over D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 4, 2009 4:59 PM

Apr 2008
I got some "Pretty Cure" vibes from this episode and I hated that show. Although I like the twins, this episode was the worst of all.
Dec 4, 2009 5:59 PM

May 2008
Kotone was so funny wanting to hug Junpei

Not a funny episode but istill liked it maybe cause of the twins

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 4, 2009 6:32 PM

Apr 2008
isn't so bad ... hoping a good ending

Dec 4, 2009 7:31 PM

May 2009
Seriously, Akane is nothing but a pure BITCH (and also a witch)!! During the whole episode, Junpei acted as a real gentleman and did NOTHING wrong, still he gets slapped and treated like an asshole? I mean cmon, that's just annoying to watch! i can accept tsunderes acting bitchy when there's a decent misunderstanding, but NOT in this case!
2/5
Dec 4, 2009 8:41 PM
Mar 2008
lolol, pocky magic XD
Dec 4, 2009 8:53 PM

May 2009
It was stupid and silly, but in a fun and cute way. Every episode of Nyan Koi manages to put a smile on my face and this one was no different - even with the "where the heck did this come from?!" element with the magical girl transformation, etc. Having it center around the twins did help a lot. Also, gotta love Junpei. He's a really a nice guy and unlike some other shows of this type, I can see why the girls like him.
Dec 4, 2009 9:49 PM
Mar 2009
I was seriously considering dropping this series before it even got to the OP, and this series is on my FAL team.

This episode was the crap, it didn't fit in at all with the entirety of the series so far.

The only part that I actually laughed at was when the girls started jumping from roof to roof and Junpei simple went "Seriously?" with an "yeah, I can't believe they pulled this shit in such a good series either look on his face.

Jizo's head got knocked off, big whoop. What I wanna know is why Junpei got a warning from it happening, and if it means that someone else has just knocked it off as well and he's gonna have competition to the other cats thus making it harder to break the curse in time, or if his times almost up. Either way they'll probably have him turning into a cat in the last episode and just before the transformation finishes he'll do the last wish fulfilment. Which'll suck and be completely clichéd.

And the next episodes on Kana? God dammit, they better have something worth while in there or I will drop this series. What the hell happened to all the awesome comedy the cats gave this series in the first episode?

Dec 4, 2009 10:48 PM

Sep 2008
Out of feel for the show, but not horrible considering it was a parody of the typical magical girls. The Pretty Sammy keychain-thing hinted at it.

Akari resisting to take the pocky because of the implied kiss. 'Twas wondering why he didn't just let go of it after she'd bitten it, but I guess they had to do it for the harem-ness of the show.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Dec 4, 2009 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
Really weird at first when watching this episode (Akari/Kotone jumping roof to roof & perform some kind of magic) but it's okay episode for me. More love to twins is appreciated even though it's out of place. Haruhiko scheming with the priest cracked me up XD
Ohh..what will happen to Junpei since Jizuo broken head had been discovered?
Dec 5, 2009 12:12 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Twins~
Akari~ and Kotone~
Actually, I don't even mind the usually so annoying mahou shoujo transformation, but since it was Kotone, it was wonderful : D

I knew you would love it....guess we both love the twins and was about time they had a episode of 90% being about them! :D

Dec 5, 2009 1:20 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Twins~
Akari~ and Kotone~

I knew you would love it....guess we both love the twins and was about time they had a episode of 90% being about them! :D

So, there's something we agree on, cool.
Now I'm just waiting for you to turn you love into hatred for Yuka.
Dec 5, 2009 1:28 AM

Sep 2009
I didn't really mind the magical girl stuff....I thought it was funny, especially when Junpei said "seriously". This is just a comedy/harem show so I don't mind some random stuff.
Dec 5, 2009 2:36 AM
Feb 2009

awww
Dec 5, 2009 2:41 AM

Jan 2009
Setsia said:

awww

^That, was what I was looking forward to the whole week after the preview from last week..
Then I forgot to mention it in my post yesterday D:
Dec 5, 2009 2:46 AM

Nov 2008
Yay for so much screentime for the twins :P
You just gotta love them x3

Kotone is the same as always xD

The magical thing there wasn't bad either. Loved those outfits.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Dec 5, 2009 3:23 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Twins~
Akari~ and Kotone~

So, there's something we agree on, cool.
Now I'm just waiting for you to turn you love into hatred for Yuka.

Wait until she does something bad and maybe it will happen.
toragon said:

Kotone is the same as always xD

Her eyes remind me of Yuka in 11 eyes a little but Kotone was cute here too! :D

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nyan Koi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Dec 17, 2009

218 by Gabetin »»
Nov 29, 2023 7:52 PM

Poll: » Nyan Koi! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2009

111 by Capivara936 »»
Jan 28, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Nyan Koi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 1, 2009

202 by Red_candy_03 »»
Nov 6, 2022 7:26 AM

» Nyan Koi! is the best harem anime out there! (And recommend me similar shows)

herofelix77 - Dec 21, 2021

2 by soumyadipexe »»
Dec 22, 2021 9:23 AM

» Did this anime jinx itself by not having a second season?

binoyvargas - Jul 23, 2021

0 by binoyvargas »»
Jul 23, 2021 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.