Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2009 1:14 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
what a sad ending, but perfect though. i enjoyed this manga very much, it leaves a bittersweet aftertaste (:
Dec 25, 2009 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah, very bittersweet... It was really good though, for such a short story to make me like the characters so much is really unusual (: Especially Sugisaki. Glad I picked it up, it was a nice read.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 14, 2010 2:46 PM

May 2008
Worth reading plot 7/10.
Jul 6, 2016 12:19 AM

Apr 2016
I found this chapter and this story VERY fulfilling. The ending was bittersweet...

I liked reading Adam's monologue. In the afterlife, Adam continues to sing, and he's not so lonely because Hotaru's cat (Lulu) is with him. :)

I can imagine the kids being very united as they grow up. (LOL, hope they didn't go home, caught for being out late at night...)

It would have been nice if Mizuki remembered the children, thanked them in person, and spent time with them... Yet, I think it's better that Mizuki did not remember the children because that would mean that she would have remembered Adam and that would link with Sayaka... In order for Mizuki to be happy, she needs to live her life to its fullest; she certainly doesn't need her past with Adam to pull her down.

It's also unfortunate to know that Sayaka and Adam did not reunite in the afterlife... Even so, I'm happy that Adam has chosen to watch over Mizuki and wish for her happiness. :) He desired to bring Mizuki to the afterlife with him, but he realized that it could not be. In a sense, I think that helped Adam realize that Mizuki is not like Sayaka; Sayaka was willing to dedicate so much of her life to Adam, but Mizuki simply could not because she had her own life and people who love and need her.

So did Adam really love Mizuki? Even though he, himself, is not sure...I feel that the answer is mostly no, instead of a certain yes. When Adam met Mizuki, it must be because she's Sayaka's reincarnation; the two must share similarities (e.g. maybe their smiles?). I want to think that Adam loved the parts of Mizuki that resembled or reminded him of Sayaka. Arguably, those traits are also Mizuki's, so Adam can say he loves her too. In a way, Adam may have loved both Sayaka and Mizuki...

In a sense, this was a nice story because it influenced so many people - Adam learned to let go, Mizuki chose to cherish and live her life to its fullest, and the children united and will later reflect and develop even more when they open up their time capsule <3 Tomoki must have learned his lesson and is cherishing Mizuki a lot more too. :)

It's a little unfortunate because we don't know how Sayaka is doing in the afterlife... I can only assume that she moved on and is living well in the afterlife since she knows Adam is dead. It is a little interesting that Adam and Sayaka have not and may never meet again...
Cloe900311Jul 6, 2016 12:26 AM
Jan 29, 2020 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
I loved this :'( :'(

shit.. this is so heartbreakingly beautiful

Adam's monologue was so beautiful.. it's scary to think how a person can love and yet at the same time, it's not scary..
Jun 27, 2020 3:41 AM
Oct 2018
I’m just wondering if there was a short story or something where the kids are older and open it???
Nov 22, 2021 8:58 AM

May 2020
Adam's fate is kind of dark honestly. He's stuck in a version of purgatory with only a cat for company. I mean sure, he seems to be a bit obsessive and was definitely a danger to Mizuki, nonetheless, his fate seems pretty harsh to me, for someone who's only "crime" was lacking the will to live during a pretty mentally and emotionally trying time.

Regardless, this was a pretty decent manga. The kids were enjoyable characters and while I think that the whole Tomoki subplot was a little too melodramatic, I think the mystery part was solid enough to make this a genuinely nice read.
Feb 12, 2023 9:15 PM
Dec 2017
by far one of ai yazawa's best works

May 23, 2023 7:58 PM

Oct 2014
wow what a garbage ending to a work that was magnificent for the most part. After literally falling into the depths of despair as implied at the end of the manga because Aya and Tomoki cheated on her we see Mizuki just going back to him afterwards lol

Truly a pathetic conclusion. They didn't even regret what they did but the fact that they told her (not that it would've been any better regardless).

Adam was cool apart from the whole strangling ordeal. In a twisted way it's kind of nice that he loved Sayaka so much he couldn't go on living without her. He was definitely the most tragic character in this series.

Man there were so many good things I could've said about this manga up till about chapter 13 regarding the story, characters, atmosphere, etc. but I just don't feel like it anymore.

6/10 for me
Jun 14, 2023 9:58 PM

Apr 2023
The ending now in retrospect, does kind of leave a sour taste to my mouth.

Otherwise the manga itself was pretty decent overall.

More topics from this board

» Kagen no Tsuki Live Action Movie

BlackMoral - Jul 14, 2011

3 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 14, 2023 9:59 PM

Poll: » Kagen no Tsuki Chapter 15 Discussion

Agarina - Dec 3, 2009

3 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Feb 12, 2023 9:12 PM

Poll: » Kagen no Tsuki Chapter 14 Discussion

Agarina - Dec 3, 2009

3 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Feb 12, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Kagen no Tsuki Chapter 12 Discussion

Agarina - Dec 3, 2009

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Feb 12, 2023 9:03 PM

Poll: » Kagen no Tsuki Chapter 11 Discussion

Agarina - Dec 3, 2009

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Feb 12, 2023 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.