Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 20, 2015 9:48 AM

May 2014
konatachan80 said:
kappasan said:
Why's it that the series' been on a downhill after the first awesome episode?

Right about now the only thing that'd satisfy me is that Yona suddenly realizes that Su-Won is a good person, but soon after sees him getting killed by Hak. Or something as epic...

Maybe you prefer something similar to the top 5 shounen? If so, then maybe this isn't it.

It wouldn't make sense if she suddenly realized something like that now.
She's barely begun experiencing her country.
Thought about that myself. "Is it that I dislike the shoujo genre in whole?" Then again, the typical shounen genre series out there, like Naruto, still feels kind of bull... Well it was cool, a long while back.
I enjoy series that're full of almost every emotion: love, hate, ridiculous joy, ridiculous massacre,.. humour,.,. etc
Mar 20, 2015 7:33 PM
Jun 2012
This show is so freaking good. I can't wait for the final episode next week and I am really hoping for a season 2... What are the odds for it to acually have a season 2? Maybe I should start reading the manga...
Mar 21, 2015 11:35 AM
Apr 2014
wtf was with Yona after they returned to the ship. looked a lot like she took some kind of "drug" or alcohol. can't image it was like that though.

oh man. the discussion when Yona said she was leaving. Especially Haks response to Ki-ja :D Every time you "feel something over there" all I feel is annoyed. xD

Was wondering when Jeaha was revealing himself to Yona. Didn't think he'd follow them for a while before that. Also thought Ki-ja and Shin-ah had to feel his presence if he would follow them because of which for a moment I thought Jeaha didn't actually go through with his plan. And then finally Ki-ja said it :D

This episode was going up and down the whole time. From sad to funny sad and back to funny again.
Mar 21, 2015 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
This episode left me wondering what Su-won needs to do, and why he didn't let the guys see Yona and let her go...
Jae-ha was so funny in this episode making the guys sleep with the music.
Can't believe it's almost over, we need a 2nd season!
Mar 21, 2015 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
Nanashi- said:
wtf was with Yona after they returned to the ship. looked a lot like she took some kind of "drug" or alcohol. can't image it was like that though.

She was still a bit traumatized from her encounter with Su-won, and she was trying to cover it up and put on a happy face. Her mind was a little broken at the time.
Mar 22, 2015 5:05 AM

Oct 2013
The opening scene was so intense and chilling.... argh I'm so pissed Su-won disappeared just like that.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 22, 2015 2:56 PM

Oct 2010
These fu**** are going to make me read the manga XD dahell is wrong with these people? they can't just end the anime like this ..

I ended the 23th episode this morning and I literally cant stop thinking about this :) Im super curious about what is going to happen in the story .. so yeah although im not a big fan of reading mangas x__x im gonna have to do it ..

the things a person has to do to see the beautiful Hak (with yona :3) and the four dragons .. oh well sooo worth it :D
Mar 22, 2015 3:08 PM

Jul 2010
DarkFuryA said:
These fu**** are going to make me read the manga XD dahell is wrong with these people? they can't just end the anime like this ..

I ended the 23th episode this morning and I literally cant stop thinking about this :) Im super curious about what is going to happen in the story .. so yeah although im not a big fan of reading mangas x__x im gonna have to do it ..

the things a person has to do to see the beautiful Hak (with yona :3) and the four dragons .. oh well sooo worth it :D

I am the same exact way. I much prefer watching anime than reading a manga. The good thing about this manga is that the studio adapted it extremely faithfully. When I switched from show to manga, the transition was seamless.
Mar 23, 2015 1:16 AM

Dec 2012
Only one episode remaining :/ I hope to see a 2nd season ! This anime deserves it, the characters are all so detailed.
Mar 23, 2015 8:22 AM

Oct 2008
Yona's shocked because of sudden Soo-Won appearance.
Finally, Jae-Ha joins the gang!
Will wait for 2nd season.

Mar 23, 2015 9:33 AM

May 2010
Man, that daughter/mom bond is really beautiful. So happy that rumors about Yona killing Kumji are spreading around.
Mar 24, 2015 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
The way to do Soo-Won is still a mystery, narrative still showing a minimum of introspection on the character of Yona.
Plot that ended this arc of Jae-Ha, presents the classical canons seen in other TV series.
The entrance of the last dragon will only be a formality because you could not do otherwise, would be a little unusual, but not the first time a character is shown but it makes its entry in the history.
Not bad drawings and animations.
As I thought, no need for a second season, I hope will come soon.
Mar 28, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
Jaeha<3 Weird that the Yellow Dragon didn't appear earlier. o.o
Hope there will be the second season :D
Mar 29, 2015 1:52 AM

Aug 2011
Yona should have stabbed him, but... that wouldn't make much of a storyline in preparation for season 2. Only one episode to introduce the last dragon; that's not cool.
Apr 2, 2015 12:10 PM

Oct 2010
Kalisto said:
I am the same exact way. I much prefer watching anime than reading a manga. The good thing about this manga is that the studio adapted it extremely faithfully. When I switched from show to manga, the transition was seamless.

I realized that too .. which is super helpfull for a person thats in the transition Anime/manga .. especially to the non manga readers ^^
Apr 5, 2015 2:09 AM

Nov 2013
Finally Jea-ha has joined the group! I love him so much. ♥

Only one dragon left! Looks like the last dragon might not get introduced until season 2.

Great episode. This episode seemed like a closing episode to the series but there's still one episode left.

I wonder what might happen next episode?

8/10

Apr 29, 2015 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
I can't imagine any kind of likely background that would make me think Soo-won was justified in killing the king. The end does not justify the means. Doing evil in the name of good is still evil.

That was a good episode, but I'm sad that we won't see much of the fourth dragon. I'm really hoping for more seasons of this. Barring that, I may just start reading the manga.
May 26, 2015 3:03 PM

Feb 2012
loled at drunk Kija
Jae-Ha became one of my fav along with Gi-Gan
loved how he said good bye to the captain and to his friends. "lullaby" lol
I don't care about Suu-Won reasons. Or that what i would have said but its seems like he was forced to do what he have done, because he didn't have time.
But i still dislike that bastard.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 25, 2015 11:19 PM

Aug 2010
Jaeha plays the niko beautifully~

Oh damn looks like Yona still has feelings for Su Won... Will Hak x Yona not happen then TT____TT

Only 1 episode left to introduce the last dragon??? Ehhh why.....
Jul 17, 2015 2:30 AM

Oct 2012
So they did meeting of Yona and Suwon quite well, I guess she wasn't prepared for it and able to act.
Still, I know they think she's dead but it really makes no sense for him to leave her be.

I really don't like how they are trying portraying Suwon. You just can't be ambitious bastard who kills people in a cold blood for his own goals and then suddenly show mercy at someone who tries to kill you. And what's worse, whole series didn't even show us WHY he did that.

I also didn't quite like that Yona didn't tell Hak that she met him but I guess that's understandable given she was taken aback by the meeting so much (as was somehow shown in her careless actions later). I was hoping she at least destroys that trinket but well. Though less amount of subsequent comedy would be a lot better as it really destroyed previous build-up (in fact, that actually applies to this series as a whole - I was always kinda baffled why the heck when there is some important moment to remember, some stupid and needless joke disturbs the atmosphere)

And in a way the parting scene was bit overdone. It almost felt like authors were saying "we want your feelz, now!"
Oct 16, 2015 5:14 AM

Oct 2012
Ah I'm not crying!
Especially when Yona hugged the Captain!
I'm not crying!

Oh poor Zeno
He only have 1 episode of airing time xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 22, 2015 6:41 PM

Jul 2013
As we saw Yona and Su-won were both not prepared for this meeting. I think nobody can understand how it must be to be as near to the killer of your father as Yona was. I felt so sorry for her when Su-won left. He act like everything was normal in the past days.....

Oh man this look of Hak when he saw Yona cry, even Jea-ha was scared of his bloodlust.

Also extremely sad scene at the end with the captain ;_;

Jea-ha finally joined the party and only 1 episode left. The th last dragon will only get this episode?
Hmm....I'm really curious how they will end it. So up to the final episode!

Feb 2, 2016 2:58 PM

Aug 2014
why do i get the feeling that su-won is on the clock ie that he is going to die not because of someone killed him but because his was ill or smth. ju-do's words brought this all.

this felt like a last episode rather than the one before the last.
May 18, 2016 7:34 AM

Jun 2013
Soo-won protected Yona... Maybe he isn't really the enemy. SO I'M CONFUSED.

Her agony though... At least Hak and the rest of the group are there for her.

This is an emotional episode. Final episode next.
Aug 23, 2016 9:11 AM

Jul 2014
Nice to see how much these people have grown as characters.
Sep 26, 2016 3:10 AM
May 2016
SOoo call me dumb but now im wondering why he didnt kill her..
Dec 1, 2016 5:35 AM

May 2015
So, wait. THey gave last dragon only 1 episode. Looks like it.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 16, 2017 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Kinda dissapointed Yuri didn't join the party. Something about the way she was introduced made me think she might, and she is an interesting character. It would also reduce the sausage fest level of the party.

DTiger6 said:
SOoo call me dumb but now im wondering why he didnt kill her..

Because he doesn't hate her, nor Hak. He hated her father, but still has fond memories of their shared childhood.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 6, 2017 11:18 AM
Apr 2017
Nice anime, i like this and i wait for s2 this anime
May 23, 2017 3:09 PM

May 2015
If I was in Yona place, I would have returned the ornament to Su-won via a stabb in his kidney or neck...

Seriously though, what was the sense of him acting so relieved for anyway? Hypocritical Bastard... Let’s say that Su-won belief that the kingdom needed a good ruler to survive was correct... I believe that he should have just married Yona ASAP to become ruler rather than lead a coup to kill his uncle, the king... Perhaps time was not on his side... but there is no denying that he selected that route (alienate his loved ones) I am hoping that Yona shoots him next though... even if he thought that he had to do what he did... there is no crossing back from that line... Karma has a way to make you equal in the scales...

On a side note:
23 episodes so far and they still don’t have every dragon... But where that other dragon at? How the hell is everything going to be resolved in one episode?!
Jun 1, 2017 2:38 AM

Sep 2011
Wow that was a great arc!
Aug 23, 2017 1:15 AM

May 2013
I want moooaaarrrrrr D':

lol Yona is so naive. OF COURSE Soo-won will be able to feel you move around if you're in his cloak like that and ESPECIALLY if you grab his weapon =____=' like how ppl can feel the ends of their hair being touched. The sensation is too sensitive not to notice ~____~ silly girl.

Mama Gigan and Yona are so sweet :')
Sep 22, 2017 7:43 AM

Jul 2016
Roy_Focker said:
If I was in Yona place, I would have returned the ornament to Su-won via a stabb in his kidney or neck...

Seriously though, what was the sense of him acting so relieved for anyway? Hypocritical Bastard... Let’s say that Su-won belief that the kingdom needed a good ruler to survive was correct... I believe that he should have just married Yona ASAP to become ruler rather than lead a coup to kill his uncle, the king... Perhaps time was not on his side... but there is no denying that he selected that route (alienate his loved ones) I am hoping that Yona shoots him next though... even if he thought that he had to do what he did... there is no crossing back from that line... Karma has a way to make you equal in the scales...

On a side note:
23 episodes so far and they still don’t have every dragon... But where that other dragon at? How the hell is everything going to be resolved in one episode?!

Su-Won is an asshole.
Feb 5, 2018 4:31 AM
Oct 2017
Where's the Yellow Dragon ლ(¯ロ¯"ლ)
Anime is almost over
May 3, 2018 5:04 AM

Mar 2016
I can't help but feel PISSED OFF at the events in this episode!
Yona was so shocked that she's helpless to do anything! Su-Woon literally just acknowledge the fact that Kumji has been eliminated by the pirates and off he goes while treating Yona like a powerless girl she seems to be. ( when she, in fact, shot and killed Kumji herself)

To top it off, the events that followed that is completely different from what just happen. Yona acting clumsily with a somewhat broken mental state but nope... She still normal!

The next episode is the last... But not the end of Yona's and her followers' journey to... [Insert Objective Here]
The character developments of multiple characters are really well done though...
Feb 26, 2020 2:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The best episode of the season...
The meet in the street between Su-won and Yona was intense...
The Yona tears when she left the village was sad....
Oct 17, 2020 1:23 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
So he did not hand her out to the guards .... but he knows she is coming for him.
What does he have to do?
Why there isnt a Season 2 ahhhhhhhh

Last ep I am coming T____T

Oct 17, 2020 1:23 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
So he did not hand her out to the guards .... but he knows she is coming for him.
What does he have to do?
Why there isnt a Season 2 ahhhhhhhh

Last ep I am coming T____T

Oct 19, 2020 4:02 PM

May 2016
Yona still haven’t seen Souon as her enemy...

Jehea lullaby was funniest and best moment.
Mar 7, 2021 5:05 PM
Nov 2014
I know i’m years late on this one but this episode pissed me TF off... the fact that Yona didn’t even say a word during that encounter made me completely check out. What even is the point of her/this adventure if she regresses all the way back to the first episode at the first sign of a curveball..? Im sorry I was just completely triggered after that scene I needed to rant/vent. Now that im no longer as emotionally invested after that point....on to 24....
Apr 5, 2021 10:12 PM

Jun 2020
I teared up when they bade farewell to the kind & silly pirates & when the captain told Yona not to catch a cold I lost it (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

Loved the scene which showed young Jaeha with the captain. I wish they went more into detail with his past, they did show brief flashbacks but it was a little brief. I’m sure Jaeha is a very complex guy. Shin-ah had such a fleshed out back story as compared to his.

24 episodes is too little......we only get 1 more episode with the last dragon & Suwon plot will definitely not be resolved. I’ll have to get into the manga then! Shame it didn’t get a full adaptation, what a compelling tale.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 15, 2021 1:07 PM

Aug 2018
Jae-ha acting all tsundere this episode XD

"the path im going just happens to be the one you are too" XDD

Jul 25, 2021 12:36 PM
Apr 2018
Lol I was shocked in disbelief when I saw this. At Yonas in consequence that is.
So she bumbs into her old friend Son Woo who killed her father and she still plays the damsels in distress.
If I were her I would have pulled a knife on him or tryed to gauge his eyes out for killing her father and usurping the throne.
Feb 20, 2022 9:57 AM
Nov 2020
must've been hard for my girl yona, i mean- he was her first love afterall also don't fckin blame her if she still haven't move on from him, you can't just force to unlove someone easily.. i can't wt y'all
Dec 20, 2022 5:35 PM

Apr 2017
Laionidas said:
Kinda dissapointed Yuri didn't join the party. Something about the way she was introduced made me think she might, and she is an interesting character. It would also reduce the sausage fest level of the party.

You can't have that in this anime. Why should the main character, who's a girl, have to deal with another woman. The other woman might get attention and take some of her spotlight!

On a serious note, I hate this trope in Shoujo. The brightest star syndrome where the main character has to be the only prominent woman. It's why I prefer Mahou Shoujo compared to regular Shoujo. That subgenre seems to understand that multiple girls isn't a bad thing and won't dim the light of the main girl.
Feb 17, 2023 10:36 AM

Nov 2021
Welp, with this ep their stay at Awa ends and a new journey begins...
Really liked the granny tho, she was a great character.
Oct 29, 2023 9:18 AM

Apr 2016
That was an underwhelming reunion and way too silly for the type of relationship they have right now :/ they dragged this whole pirate thing, just like when they were in that cave, and now everything feels lethargic.
Nov 6, 2023 7:46 PM

Dec 2022
Bastard deserves to get beaten to pulp stealing Yona's happiness.
Feb 9, 1:14 PM

Jul 2008
Su Won could have ended it right there, talk about plot holes...

And 1 episode left for Yona to kill Su-Won and end it right? RIGHT?!?!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2015

231 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 12:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.