Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2009 9:04 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh yessss, the Hei we know and loved from season one is pretty much back with this episode (minus his powers). His whole kidnapping scene at the airport was just brilliant, and once again it is perfectly complimented by the amzing soundtrack. Mina = Owned.

I totally didn't see the "Suou is supposed to be dead" twist coming at the end. Poor her, she finally gets to meet her mom and it turns out like that.
Judging from the preview it looks like there was some kind of fire accident involved.
In any case, can't wait to learn more about that...

And...oh hai Amber, long time no see. Still meddling even after your death I see.
Not that I mind that at all. :3
yakisobapanDec 3, 2009 3:03 PM
Dec 3, 2009 11:48 AM

Oct 2008
Aww, you got me all excited thinking that Suou is dead.
Dec 3, 2009 2:45 PM
Aug 2009
oh great the most annoying character is going back.
Dec 3, 2009 3:02 PM

Dec 2008
Tis might've been my fav episode from the whole season thus far.

Dec 3, 2009 3:30 PM

Dec 2007
scandal said:
Aww, you got me all excited thinking that Suou is dead.

Eh, I expressed myself kinda badly in the first post - wanted to go to sleep fast. XD

In any case, it's like this....Suou is able to meet her mother with the help of Kiko, Gai and Oreille (who just mysteriously appears and tells Suou that her mother will arrive by plane at 8.00pm). When they finally meet Suou is called Shion by the mother, and when Suou wants to clear up the misunderstanding her mother is shocked saying that it can't be since Suou died 8 years ago.

This, coupled with the Dr. Pavlichenko thing is pretty much a confirmation of that Shion can somehow create Doppelgängers/Clones or something along those lines with his contractor powers.
Dec 3, 2009 6:03 PM

Apr 2009
Amber.

Amber?

AMBER?

Edit: Well damn, I totally misinterpreted that. Still awesome to hear her voice again, though.

I was not expecting anything from this episode, really. I love me some Kiko and Gai too. Almost actually excited for the Subs.
JustVisiting03Dec 6, 2009 7:00 AM
Dec 3, 2009 6:15 PM

Sep 2009
All sounds very interesting to me.

About Amber though, did she physically reappear, or did she appear in Hei's mind or something? I'm curious. I don't want to get excited for Amber to actually be back to find out she's just like... a voice in Hei's head. :L
Dec 3, 2009 7:45 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was half great! Also half stupid (looking at the detective duo of Kiko and mature male). Kirihara's discovery of the voice is what I though could have been Amber and that CD of Amber....but flashbacks of her and her appearing behind in the monitor when Kirihara accessed the file....can it mean that Amber can be alive somehow as a ghost or really alive.....is it possible that she became a fetus and someone saved her? Half of episodes finding Suou' mom was stupid...it was ridiculous to me, talking about the male detective cat cafe and pink haired girl's room but it was nice to see Hell Gate walls in Ikebukuro. So Shizuki's mom is in the hospital and was the wheel chair guy her father? Best of best + excitment was at 18:10 part when the music start playing and Hei captures Yoko....from Hei's chase by Shizume to Hei beating badly Hazuki with his moves (big fan scream) Glad to see Suou finding her mom but big O_O at her mom thinking she was dead 8 years ago? What in the world happened? My favorite stands at 2 things: first
Amber!
Oh how I missed her! Dear Amber was cute and great and still a powerful power to remember.
Second is for all the fangirls give some great screams for Hei he shaved and is back to how you like him!
Lastly I shed some tears, a little at Suou reuniniting with her mother....was heartwarming until after the ED.

Charliehsv said:
Oh yessss, the Hei we know and loved from season one is pretty much back with this episode (minus his powers). His whole kidnapping scene at the airport was just brilliant, and once again it is perfectly complimented by the amzing soundtrack. Mina = Owned.

Yes Charliehsv and the whole kidnapping was great indeed! Don't forget the music was brilliant also since last episode too. This time it was also good! Cannot wait to get OST of this.
Charliehsv said:
I totally didn't see the "Suou is supposed to be dead" twist coming at the end. Poor her, she finally gets to meet her mom and it turns out like that.
Judging from the preview it looks like there was some kind of fire accident involved.
In any case, can't wait to learn more about that...

Charliehsv, felt the same as you here...fire accident then someone saved her....maybe a contractor that is a pirokenesis
Charliehsv said:
And...oh hai Amber, long time no see. Still meddling even after your death I see.
Not that I mind that at all. :3
Amber! *Big scream* Loved her a lot in first season!
francismeunierDec 3, 2009 7:50 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 3, 2009 10:05 PM

Oct 2009
I can't be more happy, It's so wonderful to see my old Hei back *burst into tears*
Oh, and some great actions... Even if his contractor's ability is not back yet, he's still doing great!
Dec 3, 2009 10:07 PM

Aug 2009
Wai wai the 'real Hei is back XDDDDDD

Ara, Amber? Totally did not expect to see you.

O_O awwwww poor Suou. Totally did NOT see that coming...(well I did sort of guessed her idntity might be confused with her brothers, but the 'seh should be dead' thing?????) O___________________________O

Need moar, now!

Dec 4, 2009 3:25 AM

Oct 2009
I forgot to mention my two problems in this episode first is.....what in the world is this for and has to do with this show...even Wasabi...a person who I know will agree this is retarded:
I am also getting frustrated at what in the world is that flying/hover car for and it seen twice including this time.....

Dec 4, 2009 10:36 AM

Feb 2009
Does anyone know when the subs will be out?
Dec 4, 2009 12:02 PM

Aug 2009
Arachneia said:
Does anyone know when the subs will be out?

http://www.animetake.com/darker-than-black-season-2-episode-9/
Dec 4, 2009 1:02 PM

Feb 2009
Thanks.
Dec 4, 2009 1:03 PM

Sep 2007
Ugh why did they bring back those two loser detectives for. At least Hei is finally getting back to his old self. Cleaning himself up and busting out the old outfit once again. I totally expected the mother to call Suou Shion instead. I'm starting to think Suou is actually a clone of Shion or the real Suou with Suou's memories.

So how many flying cars this time around. BONEs is lacking some serious CG QC or they're actually turning this into some kind of running gag.

Dec 4, 2009 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
Even without his powers he's showing he still kicks ass, even beat a contractor. Take that all those who cries that he lost his powers! Give some credits to Hei since he is not your typical shonen boy who cries when he loses his powers. He is not the Black Reaper for nothing!
Dec 4, 2009 1:26 PM

Feb 2009
AWESOMEEEEEEE!!!
Finaly the old Hei is back and kicking asses ^_^
I realy liked how he owned the swordswoman instantly.
Misaki found some realy interesting data...and Shion should have been dead...!?
Too bad we have only 3 episodes left...there should be some great action cramped there though...
Can't wait next friday :x

semtex said:
Even without his powers he's showing he still kicks ass, even beat a contractor. Take that all those who cries that he lost his powers! Give some credits to Hei since he is not your typical shonen boy who cries when he loses his powers. He is not the Black Reaper for nothing!

Remember...he kicked contractor asses in Heaven's War before obtaining powers...so it's not such a surprise...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 4, 2009 1:33 PM

Sep 2009
I got excited when she collapsed after he touched her. I thought that he got his powers back. Then I realized that he didn't glow or anything and that he actually punched her. WAY TO GET ME EXCITED FOR A MOMENT.

And this episode was good, glad they used the detectives for an actual plot driven purpose. I didn't actually mind them, I thought I was going to get annoyed because I figured they'd spend time wasting time.

I'm wondering how this is going to turn out.

Also, clarification required: Isn't Izanami/Izanagi a japanese myth involving two relatives or something, and the male, (Izanagi I want to say) went into the underworld to rescue his sister Izanami? Did they refer to Shion as Izanagi and Yin is Izanami... so... I'm confused. Odds are I'm misunderstanding and am applying the names to the wrong people or remembered the myth wrong. If possible, could someone enlighten me?
Dec 4, 2009 1:42 PM

Apr 2008
Reasons why this ep was awesome
-Our favorite pink hair otaku Kiko is back along with the great detective Gai.
-Hai is back, shaved up and kicking ass. That sexy bastard XD
-Mao comedy first his reaction to seeing Kiko and Gai then hiding from the cat.
-Oreille knows a lot and I wonder what her true role is.
-Nice to seeing Suou and her mother together again only to have the horror that she believe that Suou was dead.
Dec 4, 2009 1:44 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
Ugh why did they bring back those two loser detectives for. At least Hei is finally getting back to his old self. Cleaning himself up and busting out the old outfit once again. I totally expected the mother to call Suou Shion instead. I'm starting to think Suou is actually a clone of Shion or the real Suou with Suou's memories.

So how many flying cars this time around. BONEs is lacking some serious CG QC or they're actually turning this into some kind of running gag.

O_O I did not notice this many at all. What is with that gag up? Do you know Wasabi? What is the point of this?
JonathanDC said:
And this episode was good, glad they used the detectives for an actual plot driven purpose. I didn't actually mind them, I thought I was going to get annoyed because I figured they'd spend time wasting time.
That was the good part about it yes but it could have been done better...comedy wise it was good but it does not really belong too much....can understand after having Tanya killed this was a good thing to have emotions changed from people seeing that are depressive.

Dec 4, 2009 1:46 PM

Oct 2009
well, there seems to be some plot development... FINALLY! I'm still wondering how they are going to wrap this up nicely, with only three episodes left. I expect anything concerning Yin and Hei will be explained in the OVA's, but there are still a lot of questions unanswered. Still wondering about Suou, I think she is indeed a clone with the original Suou's memories, and that is why her father was working on the ME. they actually said in the second episode that they can get memories from dead bodies. So maybe he has implanted the memories into a clone.

Hei action was badass, I really think they should spent more time on fighting scenes, this one really was a kick and it was over. I really think they could've done a better job, and give us a real fight. AND HE SHAVED, THANK THE LORD. my god was that hobo look grating on my nerves.. the only one who can get away with a hobo transformation is Phoenix Wright, dammit!

and Amber, yaaay!!! more amber :D Kill suou and replace her with Amber. Somebody who really was willing to act. I'm pretty curious as to what her reflection in the computer screen means, and of course the whole izanami/izanagi bussiness. But is Suou Izanagi, or Shion? I don't quite get it.
Dec 4, 2009 1:47 PM

Apr 2008
JonathanDC said:

Also, clarification required: Isn't Izanami/Izanagi a japanese myth involving two relatives or something, and the male, (Izanagi I want to say) went into the underworld to rescue his sister Izanami? Did they refer to Shion as Izanagi and Yin is Izanami... so... I'm confused. Odds are I'm misunderstanding and am applying the names to the wrong people or remembered the myth wrong. If possible, could someone enlighten me?

Izanami was Izanagi's wife and he want in to the underworld to take her back to the living. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izanami-no-Mikoto
Dec 4, 2009 1:48 PM

Oct 2007
Nice to see Hei back to his usual kick-ass self XD thank god he shaved and got his hair cut!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2009 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
Best episode of the season so far, Its starting to piece together nicely and maybe finally we will get to see the true power of the gate.

OMG Amber! I hope she makes an appearance in the flesh! The beginning with Kiko and her friend was so ironic.
Dec 4, 2009 1:54 PM

Sep 2009
metalsnakezero said:
JonathanDC said:

Izanami was Izanagi's wife and he want in to the underworld to take her back to the living. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izanami-no-Mikoto

Ok, that clears that up... but why is Izanami Yin and Shion Izanagi? They referred to Shion as Izanagi during the beginning when they were talking about the rifle they found. And that they don't know if Suou is Shion, which she isn't.

Wouldn't it make sense for Hei to be Izanagi in that case? I see no correlation between Shion and Yin. *shrugs*
JonathanDCDec 4, 2009 1:57 PM
Dec 4, 2009 1:58 PM

Jun 2009
I thought the ep was going to be craptastic due to the two detectives, but it turned out to be the best so far.
Dec 4, 2009 2:05 PM

Jun 2008
Oh Hei I missed you. thank God he is finally back in action!
..such a plot twist in this episode. Suou, you poor thing. Her mom thinks that she's dead? wth?
I just watched this episode and want next one already, ""orz ;w;
Dec 4, 2009 2:06 PM

Feb 2009
H3i said:
I thought the ep was going to be craptastic due to the two detectives, but it turned out to be the best so far.

QFT.
Dec 4, 2009 2:37 PM

Feb 2009
Yay Amber! :D
Dec 4, 2009 2:39 PM

Jul 2008
yes!!! hei is back! and kicking ass like he used too.
but suou died 8 years ago, what the hell is going on?
plus detective and pink hair girl show up once again
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 4, 2009 2:46 PM
Jul 2008
Well, it was a great ep. See that hover cars are still around ... =.=" The logical assumption would be that Shion can create clones and his father puts memories into them. Yay for Hei action! Of course he kicks contractors ass, since from heaven's war he's been doing that. Besides did he really lose his powers, or is he just not using them?

And Amber intervenes again, the problem is, who's on which side? The Madame is almost like Amber, I hope she's helping Hei. It was a really good episode considering we had the two idiot detectives from S1 in it, not bad at all for all the info.
Dec 4, 2009 2:54 PM

Feb 2009
I forgot...

Mao looks realy badass xD

Zepwich said:
Best episode of the season so far, Its starting to piece together nicely and maybe finally we will get to see the true power of the gate.

Yeah,that would be great...and i want a scientific explanation of Hei's true power too.
I mean...it's not just electric shocks,right.With it his sister made the 1500 kilometer impenetrable wall around Heaven Gate.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 4, 2009 3:10 PM

Jan 2009
Oh, Amber, that's a sweet voice that I haven't heard in a long time : o

Also, that's the right response to Kiko's approach: Suou falling asleep (or actually fainting) and July.. actually looking contemptuous xD And of course, Mao hiding and going "Oh noes not her again."

: O! Hei shaved and cut his hair! And then picked up his coat and his daggers : >

And so Izanagi is Shion, but they don't know whether Suou is Shion or if Shion is with the doctor. And Izanami.. Yin~ Want moar! D:

And what the heck did the comic relief-team do to July D:
And wth.. No seriously, those people are not what we needed now D:
They're not even fun.

So Shion mustn't meet Yin? I surely wouldn't mind either of the possibilities (meeting or not meeting) as long as I get more Yin D:

And what's Madame Oh Really up to then?

Hei you sneaky guy : > Great going : D
This is how it should've been all the time : >
Damn it he's awesome : >
Although Hei still doesn't have his powers back D: He should get them back already >.<

Oh well, I guess we don't have to see the stupid detectives anymore (hopefully). This show couldn't handle more comic relief with this few episodes left.

What's more interesting, Suou's mom thought she's Shion. This'll be interesting, no?
Oh lol, what happened 8 years ago, I wonder..
Suou died.. Then who was phone Suou?

Anyway all that's left now is just more Yin~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 4, 2009 3:28 PM

Aug 2008
The first half of the episode was boring, save for the brief moment Amber appeared. The second half was AWESOME! Hei is back with his bad-ass shaved self. I love the airport scenes with Hei. Lol @ the swordswoman getting owned instantly... WITHOUT Hei's powers. If Hei had his powers... she'd be dead :)

Also, nice plot twist at the end.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 4, 2009 3:30 PM

Apr 2009
the conversation between Kiko and her friend at the beginning saying that they shouldn't focus on comedic characters when the show has become so serious was hilarious.
Dec 4, 2009 3:39 PM
Nov 2009
Wait wait. So Yin + Shion = apocolypse?
Dec 4, 2009 3:42 PM

Nov 2007
Misaki's feelings for Hei have become even more evident.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 4, 2009 4:36 PM
Mar 2009
OLD HEI IS BACK YEAH!!
bit of amber she still doin her mysteriousness thing still
suou's supposed to be dead?!?!?

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Dec 4, 2009 4:45 PM

May 2008
Hrm, never liked Amber.

Dec 4, 2009 4:50 PM
May 2008
"You're already dead."
LOL PLOT TWIST

Dec 4, 2009 4:52 PM

Mar 2008
I was expecting her mother to pull out a weapon at the end of the episode. And of course, Amber's back.
Dec 4, 2009 4:54 PM

Sep 2009
CEOBallin said:
Wait wait. So Yin + Shion = apocolypse?

Apparently. I don't understand why either.
Dec 4, 2009 4:58 PM

Jan 2009
Xizel said:
And of course, Amber's back.

Well I don't see why she wouldn't come back, I mean.. She clearly has no sense of time whatsoever.
She could aswell go "Oh, I'm supposed to be dead? Hihi I forgot ^^;"
OosranDec 4, 2009 5:26 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 4, 2009 5:02 PM
Jan 2009
The return of the flying car! I actually laughed at it this time.\/

But oh man, the plot twist at the end. I just want to finish the whole season right now... my brain is going hyperactive thinking about it.
aminorsus2Dec 4, 2009 5:16 PM
Dec 4, 2009 5:21 PM

Apr 2009
I still think Hobo Hei was better. Not because I just like it that way, but that he was realistic and naturalistic.

He turns back into the old Hei and he fools Sawasaki with complete ease to start with, until conveniently, she notices when he can escape with her. IT just seems to 'Hollywood'. I was enjoying the more 'human-like' Hei.

The twist with Suou though was good stuff. Although I didn't like Gai and Kiko's appearance.
Dec 4, 2009 5:25 PM
Dec 2008
It's foreshadowed something is gonna happen to Hei, hope he doesn't die. Anyway, Hei finally cleans himself up, though I prefer his hobo look; he looks more intimidating.

[coat] - check
[daggers]- check

now all we need is the damn mask and his contractor powers XD

I think Yin might have something to do with the incident 8 years ago. We saw her spectre thing in the beginning of the episode.
Dec 4, 2009 5:27 PM

Jul 2008
I thought Amber's voice was just on the CD. Why does that mean she is alive?

The "supposed to be dead" thing threw me for a loop too, but I am really excited for the next episode now. I wonder what Hei is planning. I didn't understand the part with the old man though...
Dec 4, 2009 6:05 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my goodness.

I was like, "WUT?" in the last part. That was an unexpected twist after a heart-warming reunion. I wonder if that's true.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?? :

Its just too cute. *sigh*
Dec 4, 2009 6:42 PM

Nov 2009
OftheFlesh said:
I think Yin might have something to do with the incident 8 years ago. We saw her spectre thing in the beginning of the episode.

Nah, don't think so. She was just a doll. At the end of 1st season she, and many others probably, began to change.

Liked the ep. but i was disappointed there was less from Hei :( and Kurasawa and Kiko took the entire screen time <_<. At least their appearence wasn't totally pointless!

The picture with July and Suou is extremely cute ^_^. The first thing that crossed my mind was "A boyfriend with his girlfriend". His look is like "If you touch her i'll kill you. She's my girl." xD
bakuramariksDec 4, 2009 6:45 PM
Dec 4, 2009 6:54 PM

Jul 2009
Every episode brings up more questions than answers. No way the series is resolved by ep.12.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.