Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2015 12:15 PM

Aug 2013
Can someone give me a recommendation for the participant challenge?
I'd like a good, not too long (12 or less episodes) either historical or sports anime because I watch these genres rarely so I'd like to give them a try.
Aug 18, 2015 12:50 PM

Jun 2014
EeveeAndFriends said:
I'd like a good, not too long (12 or less episodes) either historical or sports anime because I watch these genres rarely so I'd like to give them a try.

I really wanna recommend Haikyuu! to you, but that's 25 episodes long. It's so good though! Not gonna find too many sports anime less than 2 cours long, though.

Haven't really watched many Historical anime myself.
Aug 18, 2015 1:03 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
EeveeAndFriends said:

If you don't mind horror then I suggest Mononoke. Which is a horror/mystery that takes place in feudal Japan. One of my favorite series ever.
Aug 18, 2015 5:39 PM

Oct 2014
EeveeAndFriends said:
The one sports anime I've watched that is one full cour (12-13 episodes) is Ro Kyu Bu, although that also features a fair bit of ecchi. If you're okay with very short anime Kaichuu! is about archery and it's 16 minutes and Teekyuu is about tennis and it's 24 minutes per season. For Historical anime I've watched Mai Zhu which is 11 minutes and Kujakuou: Sengoku Tensei which is 30 seconds. Girls und Panzer is set in the future, but it's about tanks and has themes based on WWII.

The only anime of these that I actually enjoyed were Ro Kyu Bu, Teekyuu, and Girls und Panzer. Always good to have a lot of options, right?
Aug 18, 2015 9:33 PM

Apr 2011
My random tv trope landed on "Innocent Blue Eyes", so now is finally my chance to watch Seirei no Moribito! Hope it's as good as I always hear it is from everyone.
Aug 20, 2015 8:25 AM

Jan 2010
If someone could help me out - I need an "award-winning work" to watch. Just about anything works.

edit//Nevermind, I found myself something.
NavyCherubAug 20, 2015 11:53 PM
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Aug 21, 2015 1:14 AM

May 2014
brandough said:
Chuunichan said:
Can someone recommend me some anime with
-A non human main character
-Kids
Preferably made before 2010. Chec, out my list before you recommend anything!

Non human - Nanatsu no Taizai (main characters include a fairy, giant, demon, immortal...)
Kids - Usagi Drop

Thanks! Been interested in Nanatsu no Taizai for a while, and both of them looks good!
ChuunichanAug 21, 2015 1:58 AM

Aug 23, 2015 1:00 AM

Oct 2009
hi :)
can anyone recommend me an anime for the recommendation challenge?
if can, horror genre would be nice :D
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

Aug 23, 2015 1:08 AM

Jul 2013
Hi there,
I'd like to get a recommendation too, something I didn't watch yet (I my list is annoying but I'll appreciate help that much more). Otherwise there are no restrictions.
Aug 23, 2015 1:16 AM

Dec 2012
broken-Toybox said:
Hi there,
I'd like to get a recommendation too, something I didn't watch yet (I my list is annoying but I'll appreciate help that much more). Otherwise there are no restrictions.
I didn't see Gad Guard on your list, if you're up for some mech.
Aug 23, 2015 1:19 AM

Jul 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
I didn't see Gad Guard on your list, if you're up for some mech.

I'll gladly take it, since it doesn't coincide with the other titles I have planned for this challenge, thank you very much. :3
Aug 23, 2015 1:23 AM

Oct 2014
broken-Toybox said:
Hi there,
Tonari no Seki Kun

God, you've watched a lot of anime. I've barely watched any substantial anime that you haven't already watched.
edit: Well, you could still use it for the "short anime" or "comedy anime".
Aug 23, 2015 1:28 AM

Jul 2013
zombie_pegasus said:

Tonari no Seki Kun

God, you've watched a lot of anime. I've barely watched any substantial anime that you haven't already watched.
edit: Well, you could still use it for the "short anime" or "comedy anime".

I've almost all of the other categories planned out, but I'll probably go with your recommendation, due to availability issues, thank you. :3
Aug 23, 2015 1:34 AM
Aug 2015
Can someone recommend me a certain anime? I don't know which anime watch right now.
"Those who don't understand true pain, will never understand true peace...." - Pain
Aug 23, 2015 1:51 AM

Oct 2014
XxChidoriXx said:
Can someone recommend me a certain anime? I don't know which anime watch right now.
Grisaia or C would both be good.
Aug 23, 2015 1:56 AM

Jul 2013
haru_chan90 said:

Horror is always somewhat diffcult but how about Mononoke.
Aug 23, 2015 2:17 AM

Oct 2009
broken-Toybox said:
haru_chan90 said:

Horror is always somewhat diffcult but how about Mononoke.

ohh sounds interesting. thanks ! will watch this :D
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

Aug 23, 2015 6:34 AM
Jan 2015
Ok people, does anyone have a recommendation for that part of the challenge? I'd prefer it it could be short (12 episodes), and any genre is fine with me!
Aug 23, 2015 6:44 AM
Mar 2015
aliveatnight said:
Ok people, does anyone have a recommendation for that part of the challenge? I'd prefer it it could be short (12 episodes), and any genre is fine with me!

Another. Its horror.
Aug 23, 2015 10:24 AM
Jan 2015
noFaith said:
aliveatnight said:

Another. Its horror.

I'm always up for some good horror! Thank you!
Aug 24, 2015 12:07 PM
Aug 2011
You guys think I can use the Cross in Cross Game as a verb for the verb challenge?
because I can't tell if the title is using it in its noun, adjective, or verb form. :x

Same applies to Touch but i'm already watching that for the age challenge. I'm just going to assume this mangaka loves verbs.

This is the dumbest question yet lmao.

Soooo... any answers?
standAug 26, 2015 12:44 AM
Aug 26, 2015 10:43 PM

Jan 2014
Can someone recommend an anime that's rated 7 or below?

I tried watching Amnesia but I couldn't really stand it.
Aug 26, 2015 10:51 PM

Oct 2014
Transience said:

I used Chuu Bra!! for that challenge. Yama no Susume and Ai Mai Moe Can Change were also low rated anime that I enjoyed. Disgaea is another one cour anime that was decent but poorly rated.
Aug 27, 2015 10:13 AM

Nov 2013
Transience said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/29949/Nami
You all need to watch Nami.

Aug 27, 2015 10:24 AM
Sep 2014
Transience said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2775/Genocyber
Aug 27, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2014
I don't understand that part..
» watch an original anime

what's an original anime?
at first I thought it was something not-mainstream but someone told me it's an anime that hasn't be adapted from a manga/light novel..

so, what is it?
is soul eater not or byousoku 5cm original?
if possible I'd like a couple recommendations to choose from..
Aug 27, 2015 6:16 PM

Oct 2014
_Hisoka said:

at first I thought it was something not-mainstream but someone told me it's an anime that hasn't be adapted from a manga/light novel..

so, what is it?
Original anime means anything that isn't adapted from another source. Some sequels are technically anime original such as Love Live 2 or Tokyo Ghoul root A, but if the first season is adapted from another source that wouldn't count. Some anime with adaptions like K-On or Madoka are original anime that were adapted into anime. Soul Eater NOT is adapted from manga, but 5cm/s is an anime original. Anime adapted from video games also aren't anime original, so watch out for that.
Aug 27, 2015 6:23 PM

Dec 2008
_Hisoka said:

so, what is it?
An original anime is one that wasn't adapted from a manga or light novel or video game, etc. In other words, the anime was the first format the story was published in. A good example is the one you mentioned, Byousoku 5cm. That story first came out as a movie; the light novel later came out, based on the movie. Now, Soul Eater Not! is not an anime original because the manga format was published first for that series.

After looking at your anime list, I suggest you check out the following anime original:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Do not let the pics nor the summary fool you; this anime is actually dark and psychological.

Kyousougiga: I suggest you check out the ONA first, because the TV series is like an extension/explanation of that one. In my opinion, if you don't like the ONA then you wouldn't like the TV series.

Death Billiards: This is one of those anime that it's best not to say anything due to spoilers.
Kino_no_TabiAug 27, 2015 6:51 PM
Aug 28, 2015 6:39 PM

Jun 2015
Hello! I was wondering if anybody could help me, I am looking for a good anime to watch that would fit into the " Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character" category.
All suggestions would be wonderful, this just isn't my type of genre, and I really don't know where to begin to start looking for one that fits. ^_^
thank you!
Aug 28, 2015 9:38 PM

Jan 2015
cbakesalot said:
Hello! I was wondering if anybody could help me, I am looking for a good anime to watch that would fit into the " Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character" category.
All suggestions would be wonderful, this just isn't my type of genre, and I really don't know where to begin to start looking for one that fits. ^_^
thank you!

Toradora - Tsundere
Gosick - Tsundere
Mirai Nikki - Yandere
Angel Beats - Kuudere

Pick your poison, just ask me if you need more suggestions!
Aug 29, 2015 4:40 PM
Jan 2015
Need an anime recommendation. Someone recommended Inu x Boku SS but I just couldn't do it.... not my cup of tea. If you look at my profile to get a feel for my interests that would definitely help me and you out. I need something that's two cour or less. Thanks in advance.
Aug 29, 2015 7:10 PM
Dec 2014
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
Could someone please recommend me a darker romance story, 12 episodes would be preferable but can be up to 24 eps. Cheers.
Aug 30, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
baxter123 said:
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
Could someone please recommend me a darker romance story, 12 episodes would be preferable but can be up to 24 eps. Cheers.

Kurozuka

Really loved the anime, has a good romance, also kinda dark :)
Aug 30, 2015 2:15 PM

Jun 2014
I've failed this challenge. And I watched a 5/10 or below series. Talk about your double screw ups.
Aug 30, 2015 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
Syndiciate said:
I've failed this challenge. And I watched a 5/10 or below series. Talk about your double screw ups.

Failed what challenge?
The anime challenge as a whole? - You can still finish it.
Aug 30, 2015 2:23 PM

Jun 2014
PrOxAnto said:
Syndiciate said:

Failed what challenge?

I can't. I can't force myself to watch shows I actually like that are below a 9 let alone meet the requirements on the list.
Aug 30, 2015 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Syndiciate said:
PrOxAnto said:

Failed what challenge?

I can't. I can't force myself to watch shows I actually like that are below a 9 let alone meet the requirements on the list.

You cant force yourself watching shows ... even though you like them ... because of MAL's rank system?

... you're being strange, just watch shows you like, or think you'll like.
Aug 30, 2015 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
PrOxAnto said:
Syndiciate said:

You cant force yourself watching shows ... even though you like them ... because of MAL's rank system?

... you're being strange, just watch shows you like, or think you'll like.

No I mean even if I like an anime I can't force myself to watch it for some reason.

I can only watch shows I enjoy enough to rate a 9 or 10. Or what I previously would have rated a 9 or 10.
Aug 30, 2015 3:04 PM

Oct 2014
Syndiciate said:

No I mean even if I like an anime I can't force myself to watch it for some reason.

I can only watch shows I enjoy enough to rate a 9 or 10. Or what I previously would have rated a 9 or 10.
Find enlightenment. I consider 6 to be a good rating. The more you watch the lower your standards will become. After watching a bunch of really shit shows the 9s and 10s will seem all the better. I even feel great after watching an 8 show even though some people consider that to be a low rating. I actually did set up a challenge list that you could watch all in one sitting if you felt like it, but I think a lot of those anime would be fairly painful to watch.
Aug 30, 2015 3:58 PM

Jan 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
Syndiciate said:

Find enlightenment. I consider 6 to be a good rating. The more you watch the lower your standards will become. After watching a bunch of really shit shows the 9s and 10s will seem all the better. I even feel great after watching an 8 show even though some people consider that to be a low rating. I actually did set up a challenge list that you could watch all in one sitting if you felt like it, but I think a lot of those anime would be fairly painful to watch.

Exactly just watch shows not expecting anything at all, you'll enjoy it more!
If you like them, you like them, no matter what rating you'll end up giving it, or just keep going untill you do find that one show that's going to be a 9 or 10.

I've had a fair amount of shows that surprised me a couple episodes in, but then again, also shows that dissapointed me :)
Aug 31, 2015 5:44 PM

Jan 2015
What are some good anime that start with P?
Aug 31, 2015 5:46 PM

Nov 2013
pkfire0 said:

You can't beat the classic Pokemon.
Aug 31, 2015 6:47 PM

Oct 2014
pkfire0 said:
The only ones I've watched are Panty & Stocking, Penguin Musume, Plastic Memories, and Plastic Nee-San. You can look at their descriptions.
Aug 31, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2011
pkfire0 said:

Planetes
Pokemon: The Origin
Pumpkin Scissors
Sep 1, 2015 7:43 PM

Jan 2015
Any good anime with a tsundere lead that I haven't watched?
Sep 1, 2015 8:18 PM

Oct 2014
TsunderePrince said:
Did you change your username for that challenge? That is not cool!
Anyway, OreImo has a tsundere lead. I don't know just how much you'll like it, but the first season is the best part of the series anyway.
Sep 1, 2015 8:39 PM

Jan 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
TsunderePrince said:
Did you change your username for that challenge? That is not cool!

Nah, I had been planning to change it for a while because an account from another website that had the same name as my previous name (pkfire0) ended up getting hacked, and since I use the same password for everything, I didn't want anyone to be able to get into all of my accounts I've ever created. It took me forever to try to figure out a new username because I've been using Pkfire for 3 years. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I will check out OreImo.
Sep 2, 2015 5:58 AM

Dec 2012
I'd appreciate any recommendations for this challenge: » Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships

I'm probably overthinking it, but nothing ever comes to mind.
Sep 2, 2015 8:23 AM

Sep 2014
^
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita/Toaru Majutsu no Index/Owari no Seraph

I need any recommendation to the quest "» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant:"
Max 26 ep, though I prefer 12/13 ep. (2006+, all genres expect yaoi/sports) Something interesting pls.
Sep 2, 2015 10:02 AM

Oct 2014
Xaveny said:
^
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita/Toaru Majutsu no Index/Owari no Seraph

I need any recommendation to the quest "» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant:"
Max 26 ep, though I prefer 12/13 ep. (2006+, all genres expect yaoi/sports) Something interesting pls.
I like your taste.
Yama no Susume and Girls und Panzer are both cute anime that are adventure and action respectively. Yama no Susume has 39 episodes total, but you can think of it as 16 episodes because the episodes are short. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is about a future major earthquake that will take place in Tokyo. It's 11 episodes and I believe the story takes place over four days. It's an interesting watch.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

9 by Luchipher-Zen »»
5 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

31 by WatchTillTandava »»
21 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

56 by RantingMarauder »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

18 by Daviljoe193 »»
44 minutes ago

» peak piece

Cyborgium - Mar 28

6 by SnipeStrike »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.