Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2015 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Maybe a silly question but for the "» Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action", does it count if the live action came first?

Challenge says > anime < adapted to > live action <
Doesnt say live action to anime ^^

So no I dont think so, but if you really want to watch it ... it's your own challenge list so go ahead.
Jul 30, 2015 8:34 PM
Jul 2015
I hope this is along the lines of staying on topic.

Can I please promote this challenge to the AA community on Anime Amino?
I like the challenge and I wanna do it but I think there are people on AA that would be interested as well.
I'm not gonna use it if you tell me I can't.
Please let me know if I can use this challenge in AA, I will post a link in my post to the page.
Aug 1, 2015 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
OtakuMV said:
I hope this is along the lines of staying on topic.

Can I please promote this challenge to the AA community on Anime Amino?
I like the challenge and I wanna do it but I think there are people on AA that would be interested as well.
I'm not gonna use it if you tell me I can't.
Please let me know if I can use this challenge in AA, I will post a link in my post to the page.

Try sending a message to the original creator.
Aug 3, 2015 10:45 AM

Jan 2015
Can someone help me find an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field? Preferably 1-2 cour. Thanks in advance!
Aug 3, 2015 11:22 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
pkfire0 said:
Can someone help me find an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field? Preferably 1-2 cour. Thanks in advance!

Gokusen. The main character is a teacher and it is a surprisingly cute show.
Aug 5, 2015 12:29 AM

Dec 2013
Could someone recommend me something, please? Thank you! :D
Aug 5, 2015 4:17 AM

Jun 2013
brandough said:

Haibane Renmei
Aug 5, 2015 9:24 AM

Jan 2015
brandough said:

Gosick
Toradora
Code Geass
Baccano
Baka and Test

Take your pick
Aug 5, 2015 9:48 AM

Dec 2013
Doubledog said:
brandough said:

Haibane Renmei
pkfire0 said:
brandough said:

Gosick
Toradora
Code Geass
Baccano
Baka and Test

Take your pick

Thank you! :D
I'll pick between either Haibane Renmei or Gosick since I haven't seen either of those.
Aug 6, 2015 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
What are some good 3 cour series I could watch for my challenge?
Aug 6, 2015 7:42 PM

Dec 2013
pkfire0 said:

Princess Tutu
Yowamushi Pedal
Revolutionary Girl Utena
A little longer than 3 cours, but shorter than 4:
Great Teacher Onizuka
Aug 6, 2015 9:02 PM

Jan 2015
brandough said:
pkfire0 said:

Princess Tutu
Yowamushi Pedal
Revolutionary Girl Utena
A little longer than 3 cours, but shorter than 4:
Great Teacher Onizuka

Thanks, I'm trying to decide between Yowamushi Pedal and Great Teacher Onizuka
Aug 6, 2015 9:39 PM
Aug 2015
tell me what is the newest released anime?
Aug 6, 2015 10:08 PM

Oct 2014
vrj said:
tell me what is the newest released anime?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/season
These are all of the currently airing 1-2 cour anime + movies, ovas, and specials that will air soon. Switch to the spring season if you want to see anime that finished airing recently.
Aug 7, 2015 3:56 AM

May 2014
Can someone recommend me some anime with
-A non human main character
-Kids
Preferably made before 2010. Chec, out my list before you recommend anything!

Aug 7, 2015 5:28 AM

Oct 2014
Chuunichan said:
-Kids
Non-human main character: "Tamako Market" (the bird is a main character)
Kids: "Yuru Yuri" or "Hanamaru Kindergarten" depending on your definition of kids.
Aug 7, 2015 5:42 AM

Mar 2012
Can some one recommend me an anime please; something you think is missing from my PTW
no sport or music anime please; also nothing longer than 2 cour
Aug 7, 2015 8:42 AM

Dec 2013
Chuunichan said:
-Kids

Non human - Nanatsu no Taizai (main characters include a fairy, giant, demon, immortal...)
Kids - Usagi Drop

Khalan3 said:
Can some one recommend me an anime please; something you think is missing from my PTW

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Aug 7, 2015 9:03 AM

Mar 2012
brandough said:

Khalan3 said:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

ty but already seen that
Aug 7, 2015 9:35 AM

Dec 2013
Khalan3 said:
brandough said:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

ty but already seen that

Woops. I looked at your completed, so I don't know how I missed it. lol.
Anyway..

Ao Haru Ride
Gankutsuou
Gin no Saji
Hachimitsu to Clover
Nanatsu no Taizai
Natsume Yuujinchou
Noragami
Rainbow
Samurai Champloo
Sidonia no Kishi
Aug 8, 2015 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
brandough said:
Khalan3 said:

ty but already seen that

Woops. I looked at your completed, so I don't know how I missed it. lol.
Anyway..

Ao Haru Ride
Gankutsuou
Gin no Saji
Hachimitsu to Clover
Nanatsu no Taizai
Natsume Yuujinchou
Noragami
Rainbow
Samurai Champloo
Sidonia no Kishi

thank you, I'll pick one of them (maybe more)
Aug 8, 2015 9:21 AM

Jan 2015
Would Kamisama no Memochou count for an anime with children in it? A main character is like 12 or 13 or do the children have to be like elementary age (8-10)?
Aug 8, 2015 4:06 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Hello :3 I need to be recommended a series! I had planned for one, but things happened and I need a new recommendation :3

I want something no longer than 2 cours and I watch pretty much everything. Sol is probably a bad choice cause I am too picky with what kind of sol I like, so better not something like that. Maybe avoid rom coms, cause I have rejected most I haven't seen xD

*waits* :|
Aug 8, 2015 7:39 PM

Oct 2014
Here is a "medium" level challenge form I have composed of the shortest anime I could find. If you want to use the anime of any of the categories for anything, feel free. The total length of all the anime is 334 minutes (roughly 14 episodes worth). Tell me if you want to use the whole form to marathon the challenge because that would make me feel awesome.
zombie_pegasusAug 12, 2015 8:55 AM
Aug 8, 2015 7:54 PM

Jan 2015
Maffy said:
Hello :3 I need to be recommended a series! I had planned for one, but things happened and I need a new recommendation :3

I want something no longer than 2 cours and I watch pretty much everything. Sol is probably a bad choice cause I am too picky with what kind of sol I like, so better not something like that. Maybe avoid rom coms, cause I have rejected most I haven't seen xD

*waits* :|

Seto no Hanayome - Comedy
Full Metal Panic - Military, Action
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - Drama
Medaka Box - School, Action, Ecchi
Hataraku Maou-sama! - Comedy, Demons
Ben-To- Action, Comedy
Campione - Action, Ecchi
Akame Ga Kill - Action

Take your pick!
Aug 9, 2015 5:32 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
pkfire0 said:

Seto no Hanayome - Comedy
Full Metal Panic - Military, Action
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - Drama
Medaka Box - School, Action, Ecchi
Hataraku Maou-sama! - Comedy, Demons
Ben-To- Action, Comedy
Campione - Action, Ecchi
Akame Ga Kill - Action

Take your pick!

I should have mentioned I dislike ecchii :P My mistake!! The drama attracts me more these days since I am in the mood for something like that, but appearance-wise I am not sure, hmmm. I think I'll decide between that and Hataraku, though at some point I should finally check out FMP!

Thanks a lot for recommending :D
Aug 12, 2015 8:51 AM
Jun 2012
Hey, could you guys please recommend me something for:

» Watch an anime that does not take place primarily in Japan, but is still within our universe ->
 » Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field (e.g. doctor, detective)
 » Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character (e.g. megane, tsundere)
Watch an historical Anime
#1-4:I had the feeling to kill myself
#5:Ok, would never watch it again #6: Nice Time
#7:very satisfying, easy to watch, interesting themes, good Enjoyment, good Feeling
#8-9:even better
#10:Kept me the whole time on the edge of my bed. Content to think about. Just awesome.
##It heavily depends when I watched it. So something from five years ago would get now definitely an different Score than then.
##Dislike most Comedy-Shows and over the top wimp-guys. #"wrong" behavior in important Situations. #Characters who always have the same dumb personality/or want to help the enemy
Aug 12, 2015 8:56 AM

Oct 2014
What3v3r said:

» Watch an anime that does not take place primarily in Japan, but is still within our universe ->
 » Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field (e.g. doctor, detective)
 » Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character (e.g. megane, tsundere)
Feel free to use this post for recommendations (if you're willing to watch short anime). http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1362809&show=800#post837
Aug 13, 2015 6:48 AM
Jun 2012
zombie_pegasus said:

[/quote]Feel free to use this post for recommendations (if you're willing to watch short anime). http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1362809&show=800#post837[/quote]

Thanks, but no.
I set an rule for me that every entry has to be at least 250mins long :)
#1-4:I had the feeling to kill myself
#5:Ok, would never watch it again #6: Nice Time
#7:very satisfying, easy to watch, interesting themes, good Enjoyment, good Feeling
#8-9:even better
#10:Kept me the whole time on the edge of my bed. Content to think about. Just awesome.
##It heavily depends when I watched it. So something from five years ago would get now definitely an different Score than then.
##Dislike most Comedy-Shows and over the top wimp-guys. #"wrong" behavior in important Situations. #Characters who always have the same dumb personality/or want to help the enemy
Aug 13, 2015 7:59 AM

Apr 2015
What3v3r said:

» Watch an anime that does not take place primarily in Japan, but is still within our universe -> Le Chevalier D'Eon (France)
 » Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field (e.g. doctor, detective) -> Himitsu: The Revelation (detective)
 » Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character (e.g. megane, tsundere) -> Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Watch an historical Anime -> Samurai Champloo
Aug 13, 2015 4:15 PM
Oct 2014
Question: does this:http://myanimelist.net/anime/5593/Dogs:_Bullets_&_Carnage
Count for the challenge, does not take place primarily in Japan but still in this universe?
Aug 13, 2015 7:41 PM

Jun 2014
Did anyone use Darker than Black for their challenge? If not, I need a little help on what challenge I can use for it. Here's my list.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1362808&show=450#post461
Aug 13, 2015 10:28 PM

Jul 2015
MillieAndretti90 said:
Did anyone use Darker than Black for their challenge? If not, I need a little help on what challenge I can use for it. Here's my list.

This person used Darker than Black for the challenge (for the non-Japanese title one).

And I could use a recommendation for an anime to watch, preferably 1 cour (2 or 3 isn't much of a problem), easily accessible for streaming (Netflix, Crunchyroll, Hulu, etc.) or under $20 on eBay or Amazon, and either a psychological thriller or something along the lines of Welcome to the N.H.K. or Oregairu/Oregairu 2.

Two-Hand said:
Count for the challenge, does not take place primarily in Japan but still in this universe?
^ And I wish to know the answer to this question as well.

Thank you to anyone who provides assistance in the future!
ghostarooAug 13, 2015 10:34 PM
You think the worst of all is far behind
The Vampyre of time and memories has died
I survived.
I speak, I breathe,
I'm incomplete
I'm alive - hooray!
You're wrong again
'Cause I feel no love

Aug 14, 2015 7:05 AM

Jun 2014
ghostaroo said:
MillieAndretti90 said:

This person used Darker than Black for the challenge (for the non-Japanese title one).

And I could use a recommendation for an anime to watch, preferably 1 cour (2 or 3 isn't much of a problem), easily accessible for streaming (Netflix, Crunchyroll, Hulu, etc.) or under $20 on eBay or Amazon, and either a psychological thriller or something along the lines of Welcome to the N.H.K. or Oregairu/Oregairu 2.

Thanks! And for a psychological/thriller, I would recommend Zankyou no Terror. You have some good ones in your PTW list as well. Haven't watched too many other anime like Oregairu, though. And I never seen NHK yet.

ghostaroo said:
Two-Hand said:
^ And I wish to know the answer to this question as well.

Thank you to anyone who provides assistance in the future!

From the premise, it takes place in a European City, so yeah, go for it!
MillieAndretti90Aug 14, 2015 7:08 AM
Aug 14, 2015 7:26 AM

Feb 2008
ghostaroo said:

Not sure if it's available on the sites you've mentioned, but you could check out Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade.

Aug 14, 2015 10:16 AM

Dec 2008
ghostaroo said:

For psychological thrillers, I suggest you check out Gunslinger Girls. It is available on Hulu, and it used to be on Netflix for streaming but I'm not sure if that's still the case. Hope it's what you're looking for!
Aug 14, 2015 1:32 PM

Oct 2014
What3v3r said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Feel free to use this post for recommendations (if you're willing to watch short anime). http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1362809&show=800#post837[/quote]

Thanks, but no.
I set an rule for me that every entry has to be at least 250mins long :)[/quote]Do you want some help with your time requirement? The "ONA" you listed is a TV anime, not an ONA. "Hetalia Axis Powers" is an ONA that is over 250 minutes long. "Chi's Sweet Home" is a short anime over 250 minutes long (your short anime is only 39 minutes).
Aug 14, 2015 9:25 PM

Jan 2015
Could I use PriPara for the "anime with children" and set it as completed since I've seen 33 episodes (of the 52 subbed) this year? It's longer than two-cours and might still be airing after December 31, so it fits the rule, right?

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question but I'm just trying to make sure.
This ship is canon and no one can convince me otherwise.
Aug 14, 2015 10:13 PM

Jan 2015
I haven't watched a single anime since this challenge.
Aug 14, 2015 10:19 PM

Oct 2014
3DChaos said:
I haven't watched a single anime since this challenge.
You could start the challenge again or make your own challenge. The "manga reading challenge" has some challenges that would work for anime but aren't included in this challenge.
Aug 14, 2015 11:11 PM

Dec 2012
So glad the TVTropes challenge landed on Fruits Basket, I am loving this show so much.

ALRIGHT. I wanted to save this one for last but let's brainstorm some ideas ahead of time. Can anyone recommend me a series for the participant challenge? No limits, no preferences, just throw down whatever comes to mind (provided I haven't seen it, click my sig if you need to see my list and then just ctrl + F). Thanks in advance.
Aug 14, 2015 11:27 PM

Oct 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
So glad the TVTropes challenge landed on Fruits Basket, I am loving this show so much.

ALRIGHT. I wanted to save this one for last but let's brainstorm some ideas ahead of time. Can anyone recommend me a series for the participant challenge? No limits, no preferences, just throw down whatever comes to mind (provided I haven't seen it, click my sig if you need to see my list and then just ctrl + F). Thanks in advance.
How about Girls und Panzer?
Aug 15, 2015 5:40 AM

Dec 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

How about Girls und Panzer?
I've been eyeing that up on and off for a while, might be the push I need to finally go for it. Plus hey I've seen cute girls in the air (Strike Witches) and cute girls in the sea (Kantai Collection), so might as well complete the set. Thanks.
Aug 15, 2015 7:44 AM

Jan 2014
Hey there!
Can someone give me a recommendation?
Aug 15, 2015 7:51 AM

Feb 2008
Aug 15, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2014
corwin_r said:
@Transience
How about Sword of the Stranger?
Thanks for the suggestion, corwin. But I'm unsure as I haven't seen a lot of historical anime.
Aug 15, 2015 1:20 PM

Dec 2012
Transience said:
corwin_r said:
@Transience
How about Sword of the Stranger?
Thanks for the suggestion, corwin. But I'm unsure as I haven't seen a lot of historical anime.
I see you recently PTW"d Fate/Zero. I recommend that. It's debatable whether you should watch Fate/Stay Night before F/Z, but I watched F/Z first and loved it on its own.

I also recommend Psycho-Pass - http://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
Aug 15, 2015 8:55 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Transience said:

Just and FYI while the historical setting in Sword of the Stranger is nice it isn't super important it is more about the action.
Aug 16, 2015 12:34 AM

Jan 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Transience said:
I see you recently PTW"d Fate/Zero. I recommend that. It's debatable whether you should watch Fate/Stay Night before F/Z, but I watched F/Z first and loved it on its own.

I also recommend Psycho-Pass - http://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
Brand said:
Transience said:

Just and FYI while the historical setting in Sword of the Stranger is nice it isn't super important it is more about the action.
Thanks for that, guys. :D
I'll decide on one based on my schedule.
Aug 16, 2015 12:12 PM

Apr 2011
@yhunata
I used Death Parade from your list for the "watch something someone else watched for this challenge" section and LOVED it. Really glad I decided to check that one out.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 4 hours ago

9 by TRC_Randy »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 6 hours ago

22 by Maou_heika »»
4 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 9 hours ago

9 by velvetnyan »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - Yesterday

46 by GentleDragonite »»
12 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

70 by Pikmin404 »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.