Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 22 23 [24]
Jan 1, 2016 1:56 AM

Jun 2014
Shigure said:
Ha. I forgot I signed myself up for the challenge since maybe halfway through the year. I'm not even close to finishing it.

Chuunichan said:
*sigh* I failed this challenge. Mostly because of school and Mogeko games. Better luck next this year.

Welp, hope y'all will join and pass it this year! This was definitely fun. :D
Jan 2, 2016 4:44 AM

Sep 2012
I finally found the time to edit my sign-up post.
Yes! I have completed the challenge and it feels good!
(although I have to say I was pretty close to not being able to finish it by an anime or 2 XD I literally finished last anime on dec 31 haha, that was close.)

I really hope there would be a challenge similar to this one for 2016 since it was really fun and helped me decide which ones to watch and made me watch ones that I would never choose by myself and actually like some of those!
Jan 2, 2016 4:53 AM

Dec 2009
There is a discussion for the manga 2016 reading challenge, but I'm sad to say that no such topic has been started for the anime 2016 challenge.

Would be nice to have a some what organized place to trade ideas and flesh out any changes people have to suggest.

Jan 2, 2016 10:47 AM

Sep 2014
AudioTsunami said:
Miragee said:

I do agree on this one. I personally really disliked the "rewatch" challenge because it is very counter-intuitive to what the challenge actually wants you to do: Explore new anime. Currently, because I haven't watched a lot, there is still a lot out there I want to watch before I would consider rewatches to be worth my time.

That's weird, I thought the rewatch challenge was one of the better ones. I got to run back a show I'd already seen, and I used the opportunity to show my girlfriend who is just sort of getting into anime a really cool movie I watched a while ago(Redline). We made popcorn and snuggled on the coach and watched the dubbed version. I got to something pretty good dubbed and my girlfriend got to see something completely fresh. 2 birds with 1 stone. Good challenge.

I can see how this works, those are very specific circumstances though. I watched a few of my entries with friends as well. It's also not that I didn't enjoy rewatching one of my favourite shows. It's just that I actually wanted to watch something new instead.
Jan 4, 2016 7:52 AM

Oct 2014
I'm new to the whole banner thing... so since I've completed my challenge, how do I get my banner?
Jan 4, 2016 8:10 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
I feel like the re-watch worked best for someone like me who has been watching anime for 20+ years. I was able to go back and watch stuff that I hadn't seen in like over a decade. Though I did choose short stuff for this because I wanted to spend more time watching new stuff.
Jan 4, 2016 10:28 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
The_AMV_Broker said:
I'm new to the whole banner thing... so since I've completed my challenge, how do I get my banner?

You have to right-click the banner and choose "Save image as..."

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 4, 2016 10:36 AM

Oct 2014
The_AMV_Broker said:
Here's my beautiful banner if you want to use that http://puu.sh/kr2U7/cfdd2da6c2.jpg
Jan 4, 2016 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
The_AMV_Broker said:
Insert the image url into BBCode and add it to your signature or profile or something.

BBCode for the official banner with a link to the challenge sign up:
[url=http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1362808][img]http://i.imgur.com/8NWVn51.png[/img][/url]

You can replace the sign up topic url in the code with the direct link to your sign up form if you wish.
aifukolaJan 4, 2016 10:54 AM
Jan 5, 2016 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
Brand said:
I feel like the re-watch worked best for someone like me who has been watching anime for 20+ years. I was able to go back and watch stuff that I hadn't seen in like over a decade. Though I did choose short stuff for this because I wanted to spend more time watching new stuff.
I kind of agree - my problem was that, all my "early" shows that I watched were med./long and I kind of didn't want to sit and watch a 24+ series >.<;; which I ended up doing anyway, but it made picking something from the past pretty hard~ haha
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 22 23 [24]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 19 minutes ago

7 by kizumi91 »»
31 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

121 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
3 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

208 by PurplePants »»
3 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

982 by xaacaa »»
3 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

31 by Lhundrup »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.