Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2009 6:38 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
NEW CHAPTER OUT

AWESOMENESS

They got first in both the early and the final results.

But Nakai can fucking rot after what he did. And i hope Kato realises what hes like, he deserves NO ONE

And Miho is a total cow, she is being unreasonable, and not even reply, shes over reactging and i hope she dies too.
Dec 3, 2009 6:45 AM

Feb 2009
"It's tough being popular." - nakai

wtf :D
Dec 3, 2009 6:56 AM

Sep 2007
That pile of man blubber got what he deservced in my opnion.
Dec 3, 2009 7:11 AM

Nov 2007
lol.... Nakai thinks he's popular? the 30 something year old fat guy still by himself that can't do anything on his own? hahah loved him getting slapped. natsumi needs to turn him down to for more lols.
Dec 3, 2009 7:12 AM

Feb 2008
Drama just gotten better/worse (depends on your view)

But besides that, did anyone else notice that the artwork took a massive nosedive at this chapter especially at the 18th page when a blubber got slapped and I'm not referring to the detail of the blubber too. Sure the details of the previous chapters weren't really the same when compared to the first few "majestic" chapters but this one really got on my nerves when I saw Aoki's hand and her expression at that page >_>
Dec 3, 2009 7:14 AM

Oct 2008
So much drama in Bakuman lately...
"Miyoshi, what a child" :D
Seriously. No consequences of taking everything in Shujin's life into Aoki's manga? Well, I guess it's good he's not mad or anything. Makes ShujinxAoki more possible >_> Other relationships at halt. Aoki, now's the time to make your move!
Oh and, Nakai is horrible :D Who could have thought he'd be so bad in the beginning? Wow. Hidoi..

Gz on getting first! How unexpected.

Nayah said:

But besides that, did anyone else notice that the artwork took a massive nosedive at this chapter [...]

Noo..? I liked it. The art felt cosy. Altough, panels felt messier ...
NipponsoppaDec 3, 2009 7:19 AM
Dec 3, 2009 7:15 AM

Sep 2009
well deserved slap.
but they should stop this argueing, one way or another. But this i don't call you, i don't tell you sucks.
Devils don't ask Gods for favors!
My Youtube Channel with german Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/belarion87
LP: SMW Hacks, Terranigma 2, Aquaria
Dec 3, 2009 7:15 AM

Nov 2008
Kaya's softening up after seeing Miho and Saiko in trouble, so she and Takagi will probably make up. I think he and Iwase would make a way more interesting couple, but that works too.
Hiasubi said:
And Miho is a total cow, she is being unreasonable, and not even reply, shes over reactging and i hope she dies too.

Youre over reactging and i hope you die too.
Dec 3, 2009 7:31 AM

Sep 2007
Mammoth said:
Kaya's softening up after seeing Miho and Saiko in trouble, so she and Takagi will probably make up. I think he and Iwase would make a way more interesting couple, but that works too.
Hiasubi said:

Well that will happen to me its jsut a matter of time :P
Dec 3, 2009 7:37 AM

Mar 2008
Yesssssss. Go for it, Aoki! In your face, Nakai.
Never thought he would actually pull this stunt. I mean, wth? Condition? You're better off without him, Aoki!
I'm still for TakagixAoki. Is that bad? And considering Takagi's 'Miyoshi. What a child.'... maybe, maybe or am I just imagining things? Nah, we'll see.
Anyway, nice chapter! Looking so forward to the next ♥
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Dec 3, 2009 7:41 AM

Oct 2009
Those "so stubborn" lines made me LOL.XD

Even tough looking like that Japanese guy carrying around his moe pillow everywhere, Nakai's just not that bad and is a nice character, basically. I liked his style up till now, especially when he was drawing outside in the freezing winter. So I want the old Nakai back!D=
Dec 3, 2009 7:53 AM
Oct 2009
tomin said:
I want the old Nakai back!D=

Yeah, I really liked the guy in the first chapters, but then I couldn't care less. Now I despise him with all my might. Oh, and this "romantic comedy arc" is actually not bad, it's funny to see the confusions and break-ups everywhere. I just hope Bakuman doesn't become too focused on that for several chapters.
Dec 3, 2009 8:05 AM

Oct 2008
tomin said:

Even tough looking like that Japanese guy carrying around his moe pillow everywhere, Nakai's just not that bad and is a nice character, basically. I liked his style up till now, especially when he was drawing outside in the freezing winter. So I want the old Nakai back!D=

I agree, the old Nakai was nice. It feels as if Ohba-sensei is changing the character's just to fit the story. There are several who's had turn arounds. Like Miura was the genki genki hyper editor, then he suddenly got obsessed with gags. It bothers me.
Dec 3, 2009 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
Nakai turned into something evil! How could he?!
Dec 3, 2009 8:45 AM
Nov 2007
"seriously, that kind of stuff happens?"

i lol'd. but yes, epic chapter.
LOL @ JERK NAKAI. fail

why is aoki so pretty :3
Dec 3, 2009 8:47 AM

Feb 2009
What happened to the old Nakai?
He used to be humble and earnest. now he's trying to get Aoki in the sleaziest way possible.

Dec 3, 2009 9:09 AM
Jan 2009
Wow that jerk, what happened to him? How could he treat Aoki like that -___-

This manga is just so interesting! What a epic chapter, can't wait for next week's chapter :D
Dec 3, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
I think the artwork is brilliant in this chapter and the relationships are getting even more complicated. I'm liking where this manga is going.

Also Nakai's a loser.
Dec 3, 2009 11:51 AM

Jul 2008
so they got first, but damn their stubbornness! they should just make up with their girlfriends and tell the truth.
and anyone els think nakai might have been asking for a little too much?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 3, 2009 12:03 PM

Jul 2009
Even gag manga can get the first..but wonder how it will go in serialization

WTF Nakai??! arrogant bastard..i hope Natsumi dump him

And yeah Mashiro x Azuki still stubborn as usual and Takagi x Miyoshi think it's all their fault..quite situation we got there XD
Dec 3, 2009 12:30 PM

Feb 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NAKAI YOU SILLY MAN

Ok the stage is set for the two Nakai love interests to simultaneously dump him and start their own yuri relationship. Aoki x Tako ftw
Dec 3, 2009 1:21 PM

Jul 2008
Nakai is feeling himself a little bit after seeing Aoki's manga and being involved with another girl so that's actually explainable if you ask me, I don't think anythings "heppened" to him, he's just being a guy and we are the dumbest creatures at times lol. And I can relate to the whole stubborn part of Takagi and Azuki's little argument because neither one of them wants to "back down" from there positions, Takagi feels like he hasn't done anything wrong but Azuki feels like he's holding something back and both of them are sticking to there guns, it's just a typical lovers quarrel lol.
Dec 3, 2009 2:07 PM
Jan 2009
Nayah said:
Drama just gotten better/worse (depends on your view)

But besides that, did anyone else notice that the artwork took a massive nosedive at this chapter especially at the 18th page when a blubber got slapped and I'm not referring to the detail of the blubber too. Sure the details of the previous chapters weren't really the same when compared to the first few "majestic" chapters but this one really got on my nerves when I saw Aoki's hand and her expression at that page >_>

Yeah, I noticed that a little. it was her arm that bothered me as she slapped him.

With this chapter, I'm getting back on the fence for if Aoki should be with Nakai or Takagi. I know at this point, that Takagi is the better choice, but I'm just hoping that Naki regrets what he said.

What he said just made him a total ass in my book, but I hope he regrets that. I don't want him to be a jerk for the next upcoming chapters, he was so awesome in the beginning...
Dec 3, 2009 2:22 PM

Jul 2008
DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM !!!
lolz so much conflicts related to love >_> XD
Dec 3, 2009 2:46 PM

Sep 2008
I want more Iwase... but I have absolutely no idea where Aoki is going... just hoping she doesn't end up with Nakai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2009 3:55 PM

Jan 2008
Ahh! what the heck happened to him?! It's hard to believe he's such a bad guy now.
Dec 3, 2009 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
WTF was that with nakai hes a dumb as!!!! I hate him fat bastard

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
Dec 3, 2009 4:49 PM
Nov 2009
Great chapter! I really liked how Aoki and Shujin are almost pretty much set for one another, with their mutual respect and compliments and everything. I do feel bad for Miyoshi though, and how she tends to blame everything on herself.

And of course, time to address the part everyone is talking about. What happened with Nakai? Wow, that was quite the sharp character change. He fully deserved that slap. God, everything about his character is dead to me now. Aoki is wholly right in calling him disgusting.

I really liked the entire addition of drama in Bakuman. I think it works really well. Bakuman has become my most eagerly awaited weekly release ever since the AokixShujin thing started. The entire story should just focus on Shujin, in my opinion because everything relating to the MihoxMashiro shipping.
Dec 3, 2009 5:57 PM

Apr 2008
How did this happen?! Hard-working, dedicated Nakai has become a jackass!
Dec 3, 2009 6:20 PM

Jun 2009
Aoki's gonna get hurt badly. I wouldn't be surprised if she turned lesbian when Takagi flattens her crush. That or end up and old cat lady.
Dec 3, 2009 6:34 PM

Jun 2009
Laevantein said:

WTF Nakai??! arrogant bastard..i hope Natsumi dump him

Yeah I hope so...He's a bastard...
Dec 3, 2009 8:26 PM

Apr 2008
I'm sick of this romance drama only because it's so dumb. They didn't do anything so just tell the girls that and if they don't understand then peace. Sheesh.
And damn, they came in 1st. I don't like the gag manga, ugh. And Nakai at the end, lmao. Good job Aoki.
Dec 3, 2009 8:33 PM

Dec 2007
Hiasubi said:

Mammoth said:

This made me laugh
Dec 3, 2009 9:04 PM

Aug 2008
Um..... WOW!!!!! Epic chapter is Epic Chapter!!! Man what an awesome chappie... maybe the panels were a quite messy, the ordering was unusual... Maybe the art wasn't as good as it been (but this can be caused by the scans too), but heck, the story is awesome!!!

Miho + Moritaka getting even rockier.... Lovers quarrel ongoing.... Both being stubborn as hell... LOL that's so funny but annoying at the same time XD.... But imHo our dear Saiko is the one that should apologie... just because he's the man... no other reason.... he has to make Miho happy... so then the only way possible is apologizing and making up with her.... Just as Shujin and Miyoshi say... I just hope this lame argument between them brake Miho + Saiko apart!

It's awesome all the great manga got good final ratings.... But it wasn't Aoki's manga title "The Time of the BLUE Leaves" Why they're green now? been green is obvious... I think the translators made some mistakes... YAY!!! Tanto 1st!!! A gag first huh? who would thought it... and True Human 2nd!! HUH! Looks like a rival!! Oh and Aoki in 3rd... nice....

Oh wow... I gotta agree with everyone who said that Aoki Ko is soooooo cute... :3.... Man how could he... Nakai you bastard... You broke her heart!! In fact she's the one who was wrong first.!!! I mean... being all stuck up with the guy... he obviously got hurt... I gotta agree with the one who said that Men can be the dumbest creatures in the Universe... WE DO stuff like that!! Ugh.... but that bastard.... Taking advantage of Aoki's situation... it's even worser man.... Now that she has fallen for Shujin... Oh man... Poor Aoki...

But anyone remember the time when we hated her? All because of Nakai... it's funny... but it's a fact... we hate him now because what we he did to her... but we hated her first... for the things she did to him!!! LOL!!! Oh gosh... what will happen to her manga now?

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2009 11:44 PM

Nov 2007
Uh oh, everything is still getting pretty messed up relationship-wise and Aoki is weakened right now, she might just depend a little too much on Takagi! Not saying that's a bad thing though but still =/
Dec 4, 2009 12:15 AM
May 2009
Stupid Nakai.. Go rot in the dumpster.. Aoki x Takagi isn't that bad either, hmmm?
Dec 4, 2009 1:27 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
a lulz chappie this week :]

MetallicZ said:
Stupid Nakai.. Go rot in the dumpster.. Aoki x Takagi isn't that bad either, hmmm?
no no no no no you have it all wrong. Aoki x Takagi is the worst pairing ever.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Dec 4, 2009 8:12 AM

Nov 2008
I HATED Nakai in this chapter.
Serieusly, Aoki is already doubting men. He didn't help it.
Doftljus said:
tomin said:

I agree, the old Nakai was nice. It feels as if Ohba-sensei is changing the character's just to fit the story. There are several who's had turn arounds. Like Miura was the genki genki hyper editor, then he suddenly got obsessed with gags. It bothers me.

I thought It was imagining it, But others notised it too. Huh?
Dec 4, 2009 10:04 AM

May 2007
Although everyone keeps saying that Nakai's an asshole, and that he had it coming, people seem to forget that it was Akio's fault after all.

It's true, he is an asshole, but if Akio didn't dump him and she confessed her feelings, things wouldn't have gone this way.

About the artwork being worse, I totally agree. I even took the effort to compare the first chapters with the latest, and I have to say that the first ones were even better.

I guess they're trying to achieve a comic effect, but I prefer the clean artwork more.
Dec 4, 2009 11:10 AM
May 2009
rethardus said:
It's true, he is an asshole, but if Akio didn't dump him and she confessed her feelings, things wouldn't have gone this way.

But she doesn't love him. She just told him the truth and he couldn't stand it. Pitiful.

Anyway, chapter was great. Nakai is indeed asshole.
Dec 4, 2009 2:21 PM

Feb 2008
Doftljus said:

Nayah said:

But besides that, did anyone else notice that the artwork took a massive nosedive at this chapter [...]

Noo..? I liked it. The art felt cosy. Altough, panels felt messier ...

I felt the art has dropped. They're making too much "funny faces" and some of the "whole body" drawings were too sketchy and caricatured.... At first it was funny, but now it just seems lazyness from Obata.

So, about the chapter. It's unreasonable that Miho got angry about Saiko. After all, it's Takagi and Miyoshi's fight! And just because you're dating and you have to trust each other doesn't mean that you have to tell EVERYTHING to each other ¬¬' especially because it's Takagi's problem. It has nothing to do with Saiko.
But I think Takagi should talk to Miyoshi and explain everything. Because she won't apologize... It's all Takagi's fault! Come on!

If things stay like that, I think Takagi will start having something with Aoki.

^^ About their manga... I was so happy they got first!! \o/ although the story wasn't really appealing to me... I still prefer Trap <3

Nakai is a jerk ¬¬ I though he was someone really kind, especially because of the things he got through, but come on. Stop thinking that you're the best, you're not. He doesn't deserve Kato anymore. Stupid fat boy ¬¬'''

Anyway, can't wait for the next chap! *-*~
Dec 4, 2009 5:08 PM

Jul 2009
rethardus said:
Although everyone keeps saying that Nakai's an asshole, and that he had it coming, people seem to forget that it was Akio's fault after all.

That's exactly why i said he is a bastard..he mixed between personal issue and job..he is seriously arrogance just because he think there is a girl i presume Natsumi like him(I don't think so) he become so arrogance that even Aoki might fallen for him and play hard to get shit..he just use dirty way to get Aoki..all fair in love and war but i despised this kind of guy..like seriously i hope he get dumped by Natsumi..and wake up from his dream
Dec 4, 2009 5:41 PM

Sep 2009
Nakai you dum...you have to stock up with girls not lose em!!!
Dec 4, 2009 8:23 PM

Oct 2007
Pretty dick move to ask something like that. He deserved that slap.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Dec 4, 2009 8:59 PM
Feb 2009
That fat guy is a pretty huge dirtbag.
Dec 4, 2009 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
Honestly if I were Aoki I would have beat the shit outta Nakai

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Dec 4, 2009 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
Nakai is an asshole now. He used to be pretty okay, but now he hit an all-time low. Probably got cocky with all the attention he got from Kato. He was announcing his undying love for Aoki earlier, and he doesn't have any feelings left?

But the TakagixAoki was super sweet <3 She's so much happier ever since she started talking with him.
And Azuki is overreacting. Way, way too much.
Dec 4, 2009 9:45 PM

Jul 2007
oh noes am i the only one rooting for TakagixMiyoshi?? =( It'd make him such a shitbag if he breaks up with Miyoshi after everything Miyoshi does for them. and how she helps out with Mashiro x Miho =(
Dec 5, 2009 1:27 AM
Sep 2007
Everyone seems to be complaining about the art for this chapter, but imo, it's been pretty bad for a long time. Obata's always getting lazier and sloppier. His drawings are either silly or unproportionate nowadays. And I wish the story would stop going through all this romance melodrama bullshit.
Dec 5, 2009 2:30 AM

Feb 2009
Well I went back to check out the art quality to see what all the hullabaloo is about. Yea, some of the boys' expressions look pretty ridiculous now, but it looks more like it's done on purpose than getting lazy (or maybe a bit of both).

However, when the scene's serious, the art gets back on track and looks pretty damn good again, with the exception of that arm slap (but in his defense, it is pretty damn difficult to draw an arm from that angle. Believe me I've tried).

I like to think of it like this: while Ashirogi's mangas are of more serious nature (i.e. Money and Power, Detective Trap), Obata also draws Bakuman to be more serious and detailed to reflect it. However, now they're transitioning to gag manga, so Bakuman's art also starts becoming more gag-like, even going so far as to make light of obvious drama with semi-ridiculous expressions.

Or maybe I'm just overanalyzing things. All I know is when Nakai was cooler, Obata drew him better, and now that he's become a doofus, he looks like a doofus

Just look at that silly man's face!

AokixTako 4life!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.