Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 5, 2009 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, how conceited can Nakai get? Aoki was right to slap him.
Dec 5, 2009 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
wtf.. nakai's plan sucked ass
Dec 5, 2009 5:58 PM

May 2007
Nakai is such an asshole, I'm glad Aoki slapped him, he deserved it. P:
Also I cant believe they actually got first with that weird gag manga. :O

Dec 6, 2009 3:39 AM

Feb 2007
*insert Nakai is an asshole sentence* Oh wait that's already been said 50 times.

But really, Nakai's behaviour isn't that drastic, considering past events (Aoki's rejection, Nakai's new found love with Natsumi).

Excelsior said:
Everyone seems to be complaining about the art for this chapter, but imo, it's been pretty bad for a long time. Obata's always getting lazier and sloppier. His drawings are either silly or unproportionate nowadays. And I wish the story would stop going through all this romance melodrama bullshit.

hiten said:
Well I went back to check out the art quality to see what all the hullabaloo is about. Yea, some of the boys' expressions look pretty ridiculous now, but it looks more like it's done on purpose than getting lazy (or maybe a bit of both).

However, when the scene's serious, the art gets back on track and looks pretty damn good again, with the exception of that arm slap (but in his defense, it is pretty damn difficult to draw an arm from that angle. Believe me I've tried).

I like to think of it like this: while Ashirogi's mangas are of more serious nature (i.e. Money and Power, Detective Trap), Obata also draws Bakuman to be more serious and detailed to reflect it. However, now they're transitioning to gag manga, so Bakuman's art also starts becoming more gag-like, even going so far as to make light of obvious drama with semi-ridiculous expressions.

I'm sitting on the fence between these two varying opinions of the art and storyline of Bakuman lately. Well, I definitely have to agree that the art has been sloppy for a long time. I feel like rereading some chapters to see if hiten is right. In regards to storyline...well, it reminds me of the time I read a few sentences of My Immortal. Complete idiocy, or epic troll? (aka, I'll reserve my judgement of this arc when it ends)
Dec 6, 2009 9:55 AM

Nov 2009
Poor Miyoshi, everybody is ignoring her.

It's only Aoki, Takagi and Miho now. Though I support takagiXmiyoshi, I think Aoki will make a move now and will be together with Takagi. It's so obvious, unfortunately =(.
Dec 6, 2009 12:33 PM

Aug 2009
candelina said:
oh noes am i the only one rooting for TakagixMiyoshi?? =( It'd make him such a shitbag if he breaks up with Miyoshi after everything Miyoshi does for them. and how she helps out with Mashiro x Miho =(

You're not alone, I agree with you! I always thought Takagi and Miyoshi made a really cute and funny couple, and she has shown that she really really cares for him, I don't want them to break up T.T

Besides if they break up she will disappear from the storyline, or simply go back to be "Miho's friend", which would suck, 'cause she's an awesome character who's actually useful for the plot and makes funny expressions XD
Dec 6, 2009 1:51 PM

Oct 2008
Rezk said:

It's only Aoki, Takagi and Miho now. Though I support takagiXmiyoshi, I think Aoki will make a move now and will be together with Takagi. It's so obvious, unfortunately =(.

You also predicted the gag manga to flunk baaad. But it got first. Or did you mean flunk later?
I don't think a main character gets replaced that easily. Not Miyoshi since she is
1. Azuki's friend. It will be a weird situation if they break up. Miyoshi is Azuki's best friend. Shujin is Saiko's best friend. They'd be bound to meet later again anyway.
2. ... She's annoying like Misa, but without any plot effect. At least up 'till this point.
Plus, Aoki is older than Shujin. Possibly a disadvantage?
Aoki is in such a vulnerable situation >.< I feel sorry for her

hiten said:
Well I went back to check out the art quality to see what all the hullabaloo is about. Yea, some of the boys' expressions look pretty ridiculous now, but it looks more like it's done on purpose than getting lazy (or maybe a bit of both).

However, when the scene's serious, the art gets back on track and looks pretty damn good again, with the exception of that arm slap (but in his defense, it is pretty damn difficult to draw an arm from that angle. Believe me I've tried).

I like to think of it like this: while Ashirogi's mangas are of more serious nature (i.e. Money and Power, Detective Trap), Obata also draws Bakuman to be more serious and detailed to reflect it. However, now they're transitioning to gag manga, so Bakuman's art also starts becoming more gag-like, even going so far as to make light of obvious drama with semi-ridiculous expressions.

Or maybe I'm just overanalyzing things. All I know is when Nakai was cooler, Obata drew him better, and now that he's become a doofus, he looks like a doofus

Just look at that silly man's face!

AokixTako 4life!

That's what I thought too :] Because Obata thinks of details, he ages his characters and really cares about the story. He rearranges the panels and makes the layout really great (though this chapter was messy). I don't think he's lazy. I think he's just making us think that the gag manga actually fits Ashirogi.
And fff. Everybody is complaining about the arm. I really admire Obata for daring such a hard angle. It's probably the hardest angle to depict a slap, but he did it grrr8.
NipponsoppaDec 6, 2009 2:02 PM
Dec 6, 2009 4:55 PM

Jul 2008
ugh nakai ftl.
go aoki!

i have no idea who to cheer for, miyoshi or aoki. Such a hard decision! Their both pretty awesome
Dec 6, 2009 9:56 PM

Jul 2009
I want to cheer for Miyoshi. I don't really know why, but I do like her character. I just hope that Takagi will call her and explain everything.

On the other hand, I love drama, so... We shall see.
Dec 7, 2009 8:39 AM

Aug 2009
I think Miyoshi will make up with Takagi, but Saiko and Azuki will stay insulted for each other in a next few chapters. Maybe Aoki is nice girl but I don't like her. She's stiff. Greatest character is Eiji or Hiramaru. They always do something abnormal;D

"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead."
Dec 7, 2009 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
Doftljus said:
Rezk said:

You also predicted the gag manga to flunk baaad. But it got first. Or did you mean flunk later?
I don't think a main character gets replaced that easily. Not Miyoshi since she is
1. Azuki's friend. It will be a weird situation if they break up. Miyoshi is Azuki's best friend. Shujin is Saiko's best friend. They'd be bound to meet later again anyway.
2. ... She's annoying like Misa, but without any plot effect. At least up 'till this point.

Yeah I agree that she's a character that can't be replaced.

But I do think she has some plot effects. Like she played a huge role 30 chapters ago, in summer vacation when Takagi and Saiko broke up. Takagi couldn't come up with any stories and Miyoshi played a big role in it, making Takagi fall in love with her even more and, in a way, making the two mangaka's come back together once again.

Yeah, I meant that the manga would probably flunk later. The way I see it, this isn't really the manga they were hoping to do. They even want an anime, something huuuge. And Azuki must play in it, I don't think Saiko or Azuki herself would want to do a role in such a gag manga.
Rather a dark anime with some romance and a wee bit of comedy, maybe something like Death Note. I think Azuki would want to do that, so would Saiko for her.
RekshoDec 7, 2009 1:21 PM
Dec 7, 2009 1:32 PM

Oct 2009
Rezk said:
Yeah, I meant that the manga would probably flunk later. The way I see it, this isn't really the manga they were hoping to do. They even want an anime, something huuuge. And Azuki must play it, I don't think Saiko or Azuki herself would want to do a role in such a gag manga.
Also, while Detective Traps heroine was influenced mostly by Azuki, the teacher in that gag manga is more of Aoki. So there's not a big possibility it will get far enough to animation, since it would be disgraceful if Azuki had to synchronize a character based on Aoki. I'm predicting more chapters than Trap had, we all know it was the hiatus what was the main reason for loss of it's popularity, so 30, maybe, maximally 50 chapters. Hopefully. Anyways, that much would be the minimum, considering their first place on Tezuka and how long a gag manga can last if it does good (Doraemon, Gintama, whatever you like).
Dec 7, 2009 1:44 PM

Oct 2008
Rezk said:
Doftljus said:
Rezk said:

Yeah I agree that she's a character that can't be replaced.

But I do think she has some plot effects. Like she played a huge role 30 chapters ago, in summer vacation when Takagi and Saiko broke up. Takagi couldn't come up with any stories and Miyoshi played a big role in it, making Takagi fall in love with her even more and, in a way, making the two mangaka's come back together once again.
Lol, but wasn't she the reason for that in the start?
She took a lot of his time with "her" novel, lmaooo.... TT__TT

Rezk said:
Yeah, I meant that the manga would probably flunk later. The way I see it, this isn't really the manga they were hoping to do. They even want an anime, something huuuge. And Azuki must play in it, I don't think Saiko or Azuki herself would want to do a role in such a gag manga.
Rather a dark anime with some romance and a wee bit of comedy, maybe something like Death Note. I think Azuki would want to do that, so would Saiko for her.

Well, the way I see it, the only end of their mangas will be flunks. until they write the prefect story that fits Ashirogi. And everybody hates this gag manga, no way it'll be their perfect story.
Although Hiroshi Gamou that is speculated to be you-know-who had a break through with Tottemo that is a gag 6_9 And Ashirogi has already had one success. There's so many things that can weigh in. But bottom line, it didn't flunk in the start, and flunking is the only way they're gonna quit this shit so they can start writing on maybe "money and intelligence" or something like it.
Bottom line, we seem to think the same~ well, on this part >_>

tomin said:
Also, while Detective Traps heroine was influenced mostly by Azuki, the teacher in that gag manga is more of Aoki. So there's not a big possibility it will get far enough to animation, since it would be disgraceful if Azuki had to synchronize a character based on Aoki. I'm predicting more chapters than Trap had, we all know it was the hiatus what was the main reason for loss of it's popularity, so 30, maybe, maximally 50 chapters. Hopefully. Anyways, that much would be the minimum, considering their first place on Tezuka and how long a gag manga can last if it does good (Doraemon, Gintama, whatever you like).

Calling it disgraceful, but why? Aoki is a wonderful person. She might get along well with Azuki, and if she got together with Shujin it'd be fine no? Are you MiyoshiXShujin?
I don't think the heroine will be inspired by Azuki later on, considering how Trap's heroine was. In that case, they'd have to use "another side" of Azuki. Maybe the bitchy side we've seen now. But that's not a very nice heroine >__> ...
NipponsoppaDec 7, 2009 1:49 PM
Dec 7, 2009 3:05 PM

Oct 2009
Doftljus said:
Calling it disgraceful, but why? Aoki is a wonderful person. She might get along well with Azuki, and if she got together with Shujin it'd be fine no? Are you MiyoshiXShujin?
I don't think the heroine will be inspired by Azuki later on, considering how Trap's heroine was. In that case, they'd have to use "another side" of Azuki. Maybe the bitchy side we've seen now. But that's not a very nice heroine >__> ...
I doubt Aoki and Azuki could get along well, at least as long as Azuki and Miyoshi stay best friends. Of course, TakagiXAoki would spice up things, so I'm not rooting against it, just that I prefer Miyoshi in that case.
And I agree, a stubborn heroine wouldn't be any fun. But the character doesn't have to be always selected based on current love influences, does it? Ok, maybe that's the way Bakuman goes, but then they would run out of heroine types pretty fast.
Dec 8, 2009 12:08 PM

Nov 2009
So, pretty much, we all agree that this will not be the manga that will be made into an anime and have their dreams come true and end the main story of Bakuman =p.

Well, if you think about it, Aoki is pretty suited as the ultimate heroine. I mean she's very ladylike, almost completely pure and has a heart that would never mess with someone.
If someone told me 10 chapters ago that Azuki was none of these, I would immediately tell him that even a character that's drawn on paper can lie better than you. But yeah, Aoki pretty much fits the picture.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Feb 3, 2010 4:35 AM

Oct 2008
Nakai is one desperate dude. T__T Hate guys like that.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 27, 2010 7:04 AM
Mar 2009
"Women Are Crazy" - Guys around the world
Apr 13, 2010 10:34 PM

Nov 2009
Nakai is such a creeper e__e

So glad he got slapped, go Aoki *o* I'm actually starting to warm up to the whole Takagi x Aoki pairing myself, but i still like Miyoshi too~

Azuki is being unreasonable =/
Oct 24, 2010 8:56 PM

Jun 2009
LOL that was a dramatic-comedy love quarrel.
The quality of drawing here was getting like the show beaves and butthead but still funny
and finally 1st place

Omg! I understand Nakai, when you're 1st love starts at age 35 or so.. you would tend to get full of yourself and became more cocky, saying so should I choose you or her?
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 10, 2010 7:15 PM
Jul 2010
Nakai deserved it :p
Dec 25, 2010 10:57 PM

Aug 2010
FALCON POWWNCH!!...Seriously respect lost for Nakai. Now that he has no chance with her i hope he gets shot down by Natsumi as well :L
Jan 2, 2011 7:54 PM

Oct 2009
Dude Nakai, not cool man... not cool.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2011 7:26 PM

Apr 2009
Nakai sucks, I hope he ends up with neither of them.
Dec 6, 2011 5:12 PM

Nov 2011
Nakai's smug smile when he said 'it's tough being popular made me giggle', but when he was at the restaurant, he was an absolute jerk and deserved that slap >: ( I was really shocked, I literally thought 'wtf?!?!?!'
Dec 12, 2011 11:15 PM

Jun 2011
Man, Nakai is the worst assistance ever, possibly the worst men ever Aoki Ko ever met..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 2, 2012 11:32 AM

Mar 2011
I admire Nakai for at least trying to trade up. Even if his approach lacked tact, at least he was honest and asked for what he wanted.
Mar 10, 2012 4:18 PM
Mar 2010
nakai turned into an asshole
beegyx8ball.deviantart.com

Jun 24, 2012 7:38 AM

Oct 2008
In your face, Nakai! He totally deserved that! I hate people like him! Good thing Aoki is back to her senses. Kato should do the same.

I know that they got first but I'm not quite happy about it. I guess I haven't fully accepted the idea of them doing comedy. Or maybe Eiji's words had a huge impact on me.
Dec 27, 2013 12:03 AM

Aug 2012
Well, Nakai acted really stupid. He deserved that slap.
Can't wait to read more.
Jul 25, 2014 3:26 AM

Dec 2013
That damned Fatso..
Apr 5, 2015 3:27 PM
Sep 2014
I want to read their manga now :( still so happy they got 1st, even tho it is a gag manga...
May 28, 2016 6:29 PM

Jan 2016
Should've hit him harder.
Dec 10, 2017 7:47 AM

Aug 2015
I've never felt so good after seeing a character hitting someone else's face. Fucking Nakai deserves to rot alone.

I don't like the idea of them being successful with a gag manga, I mean, I want them to be successful, but with a serious one, with a gaga manga they'll never beat Eiji. :(

Artwork was fine as always this chapter, it's just that the characters made more goofy faces than usual. I don't like when they do these kind of faces (see in the spoiler below) to be honest, feels kinda out of place, most of the time it isn't really funny. Is Ohba's and Obata's editor like Miura, saying they need to up their comedic tone or something like that?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Jun 9, 2019 4:02 PM

Dec 2018
Damn that ending. That guy is a scumbag.
Nov 12, 2021 3:58 AM

Dec 2007
2 male characters who fails with girls in this chapter:

mashiro - he is just too stubborn, from experience in real life, girls do not like when their man is putting them a "prove' she was wrong too. true that miho is stubborn and so mashiro, but mashiro handled the situation much worser, instead of apologising and try to calm the winds he's raising them higher. again, miho is not that great either, but she's reasonable as girls can be. and yeah i mean the whole stupid line of "there's different between hiding things to not worry between hiding things they are ashamed of", i mean, WTH? still, mashiro just don't know about women. takagi is not better either.

nakai - just arrogant fool thinks he's "popular" with women. i get the whole "lonely and adult" thing of him so he wants a girl, but he contradict that long time ago when wanting manga than aoki's desire as a writer, and now he's preferring being assistant to being with that kato that probably doesn't even thinks about that. it may seem like kato enjoying his company, but she sure do not see him in that way. nakai is just fool who doesn't know what he wants from himself anymore. feels like hit or miss of ohba, but guess that from the minute nakai got into "kato" situation, he couldn't took it to the other side.

oh and the art of the slap was just weird. felt like obata had other things in his head while writing this.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.