Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (124) « First ... « 71 72 [73] 74 75 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2015 4:59 AM

Aug 2014
Agafin said:
Poltergeist18 said:

Well, in my case it was. It wasn't my cup of tea, I guess.

It's no HxH but decent at the very least imo, and I'm talking about the anime which is considered inferior to the manga by most. But I can't see Togashi writing it though.

Well, based on the first season (since I didn't watch the second), it isn't really inferior. It goes a bit faster, but the manga is also fast paced after the beginning. The anime even placed an arc better than the manga. But it just didn't click with me.
Jul 7, 2015 5:02 AM

Jun 2011
Dahaka_ said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-EE_ZEWTlc

crackpot theory time, togashi is illuminati confirmed
Togashi best mangaka, more hardworking than Mashima. Going by the theory, he actually started working on HxH again after he started Tokyo Ghoul in 2011. Mad respect! He's also great at leaving hints. He ended the anime of Tokyo Ghoul anime and manga, and the HxH 2011 anime around the same time. He also started his manga back in 2014 to warm himself up for the TG anime. Mind blown theory.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 7, 2015 5:08 AM

Jun 2012
Dahaka_ said:

Chibi must've been hitting some good kush when he came up with the idea for this video.
Jul 7, 2015 5:13 AM
Oct 2013
Kaimon said:
Dahaka_ said:

Chibi must've been hitting some good kush when he came up with the idea for this video.

Chibi is a self proclaimed HxH fanboy, it´s pretty natural and common for people to wish for their "idols" (people they like) to be better than they actually are.
Jul 7, 2015 5:17 AM

Jun 2014
Sarcasm aside, who's actually the most hardworking of the Big three mangaka? what about shonen mangaka in general?
Jul 7, 2015 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
Oda obviously, he only sleeps 30 minutes a day /s

agree with this:
ToG25thBaam said:

But if we keep it simple, then the award undoubtedly goes to Hiro Mashima. (imo)
tsudecimoJul 7, 2015 5:26 AM
Jul 7, 2015 5:23 AM

Jun 2011
Agafin said:
Sarcasm aside, who's actually the most hardworking of the Big three mangaka? what about shonen mangaka in general?
It's really hard to tell. Quality doesn't indicate anything. There's also how fast one can draw, etc.

But if we keep it simple, then the award undoubtedly goes to Hiro Mashima. (imo)
Jul 7, 2015 5:24 AM

Jun 2014
Kaimon said:
Dahaka_ said:

Views mang, views. Though he still has some way to go before reaching Fornever who always finds a way to shove in the the word "Vs" in all his video titles as some sort of clickbait.
Jul 7, 2015 5:34 AM

Jun 2012
Agafin said:
who's actually the most hardworking of the Big three mangaka? what about shonen mangaka in general?

Everyone is probably going to say Oda lol

other than Big 3 the first one that comes to mind is Mashima, dude is working on FT and it's prequel (along with a FT magazine?), rarely take breaks if at all aside from stuff like Golden Week, pumps out 2/3 chapters at a time every couple months or 30-page chapters while rarely slipping up on art quality and still has time to be pretty active on Twitter/respond to fans and keep up with other things he's into, he and Togashi are like perfect foils.

Isterio said:
Chibi is a self proclaimed HxH fanboy, it´s pretty natural and common for people to wish for their "idols" (people they like) to be better than they actually are.

either way this theory with Togashi being the manga industry's Batman is the perfect thing to start the morning with

Agafin said:
Views mang, views. Though he still has some way to go before reaching Fornever who always finds a way to shove in the the word "Vs" in all his video titles as some sort of clickbait.

And even FNW is still a few tiers below the Clickbait God that is Misty Chronexia
Jul 7, 2015 5:42 AM

Jun 2014
King_of_Devils said:
Agafin said:

Forneverworld finds new ways to shoehorn videos, period.whether it's ranting on some news or randomly pulling out some "theories"

True. I suppose the announcement of Naruto's ending probably made him die a little inside with all the views he was getting. Thinking about it, he's probably happy that Pierrot does fillers .

Reminds me of his HxH episode reviews where he would pretend to be an anime only watcher and do fake "reactions" only to review the latest manga chapter the next day XD.
Jul 7, 2015 5:57 AM

Feb 2013
Agafin said:
Reminds me of his HxH episode reviews where he would pretend to be an anime only watcher and do fake "reactions" only to review the latest manga chapter the next day XD.

I actually liked that aspect of him when I was watching his videos. The last thing I'd want is watching a ideo with some dude disintrested cuz he's read the source or telling me "just wait" or "Next week hype" or some stuff like that
Jul 7, 2015 6:32 AM
Oct 2013
When it comes to hardwork I´d put Oda Kishi and Kubo on the same level.

Hiro certainly is among them he´s not a great writer and he´s aware of that.
He pointed out several times how he doesn´t think he´s good with romance drama or intriguing stories but prefers to write lighthearted goofy stories.

They all go only on Hiatus when they are sick they all have 10+ years on their backs as mangaka.

There is no point in arguing who works the most since we don´t stalk them in their offices.

As for people who call Hiro hard working for double chapters? Did you read those?
Every time he did this the chapters suffered from 2-3 section panels and nearly no dialogue or poor backrounds.
Jul 7, 2015 7:00 AM

Mar 2014
Thoughts on this comment in last weeks issue?

Jul 7, 2015 7:08 AM

Mar 2012
^ lesson of the day is copying HxH then going all out DBZ mages with the most generic art is not as hard as writing a single-digit-chaptered spin-off.

Mind breaking.
End Zionazism
Jul 7, 2015 7:20 AM
Oct 2013
Mikasa said:
^ lesson of the day is copying HxH then going all out DBZ mages with the most generic art is not as hard as writing a single-digit-chaptered spin-off.

Mind breaking.

10 is a single digit now because it´s made up of a 1 and a 0 call the national dictionary association to change that mistake immediately because god´s priest has spoken and his word is truth.
Jul 7, 2015 7:22 AM

Jun 2011
SuperBazz said:

The Gaiden series is giving me all the feels. Finishing it is even worse. I miss reading Naruto weekly. ): As for Kishimoto's comment, I am pretty sure he's feeling lazy after the short break, or so we called it "in the holiday mood" here, which is why it felt more "difficult". XD
Jul 7, 2015 7:24 AM

Mar 2012
I thought they were 8.
But then again Kishi is so comcise a zero on the right is as worthy as one on the left.

Also, you've made a mistake by adding an apostrophe, an s, and thr word priest.
End Zionazism
Jul 7, 2015 8:19 AM
Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
SuperBazz said:

The Gaiden series is giving me all the feels. Finishing it is even worse. I miss reading Naruto weekly. ): As for Kishimoto's comment, I am pretty sure he's feeling lazy after the short break, or so we called it "in the holiday mood" here, which is why it felt more "difficult". XD

It closed the little gaps we still had, besides where the fuck did the Juubimon come from and how does it use space time Jutsu, but that´ll probably answered in the Movie or it´s just some weird experiment yet again.

Actually I like the Novels more than the Gaiden because they give you the details on how chapter 700 came to be.

Enough material for at least another 200 chapters but they all build up the Movie as well. I think some people who´ll just see the Movie will bitch.

When did this happen? And when did they establish that? All answered in the Movies.
Shikamaru for example became apparently a smoker.
Jul 7, 2015 8:55 AM

Sep 2013
Oda over working shouldn't be praised, it's a mental condition.
Kishimoto is about high tier I guess.
Kubo is god tier, he works with a hellish schedule (he said so) even works through sickness and all the while getting abused by jump higher up who give him no advertisement and push shtty series that end in 3 months, disgusting treatment.
Jul 7, 2015 9:07 AM
Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
Oda over working shouldn't be praised, it's a mental condition.
Kishimoto is about high tier I guess.
Kubo is god tier, he works with a hellish schedule (he said so) even works through sickness and all the while [b]getting abused by jump higher up who give him no advertisement and push shtty series that end in 3 months, disgusting treatment.
[/b]

Sounds like a troll but is true.

Objectively speaking I think Bleach took the spot the resent three weeks.
That flashback was good it was efficient and it build tension.

One Piece was borderline trash to mediocore and Gaiden was bad to good, but felt like a
major cocktease for the Movie.

You wanna see Naruto and Sasuke going godmode? Y wait till August you piece of shit!
Jul 7, 2015 9:15 AM
May 2015
Agafin said:
Oda works the most (sleeps 3 hours a day) but has the lowest efficieny (takes more breaks than the other two). Kubo doesn't draw backgrounds and Kishi's art became ugly/unpolished lately (just marathoned the war arc, ugh) while Oda's art is still good. I give it to Oda.

Mashima's double issues are just full of white backgrounds and bewbs, no sorry, that's not hardwork.
Jul 7, 2015 9:23 AM

Jun 2011
Isterio said:
You wanna see Naruto and Sasuke going godmode? Y wait till August you piece of shit!
I want this so much!! Gaiden has that at the beginning, but

Marco86 said:
Kishi's art became ugly/unpolished lately (just marathoned the war arc, ugh)
That's what I noticed. I don't know what happened, but Kishimoto fixed that in the Gaiden series.
Jul 7, 2015 9:25 AM

Apr 2013
Saying Mashima does not work hard is laughable. Pumping out a chapter every week with almost no breaks, sometimes even 2 and then even releasing a chapter of Fairy Tail Zero once in a while is impressive no matter how I look at it.
Whether the content is good or not is a different discussion.

And I won't believe Oda sleeps 3 hours a day regularly till he uploads an unedited recording of his everyday life that lasts a month.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 7, 2015 9:29 AM

Jun 2011
geralt said:
Saying Mashima does not work hard is laughable. Pumping out a chapter every week with almost no breaks, sometimes even 2 and then even releasing a chapter of Fairy Tail Zero once in a while is impressive no matter how I look at it.
Until I see a 24/7/365 unedited recording of Mashima's everyday life, I won't believe he's working alone (with no substitutes) while pumping out all that double issues.
ToG25thBaamJul 7, 2015 10:15 AM
Jul 7, 2015 9:47 AM

Jan 2014
Until I see the birth certificates of each mangaka, I won't believe that they actually exist.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 7, 2015 9:49 AM
Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
geralt said:
Until I see a 24/7/365 unedited recording of Mashima's everyday life, I don't believe he's working alone (with no substitutes) while pumping out all that double issues.

He has 3 or 4 assistants, which all major mangaka have.
There is nothing wrong with that.
Oda doesn´t draw all his stuff by himself either, the only confirmed one is Togashi and we know how that ended.

Btw where are all those badly drawn chapters?
I only know a steady decline during the Kakuzu arc and he wrote that he had hurt his back during that arc which was why he made some poor backrounds and made them fight in a wasteland.

But this was one of the greatest panels I´ve seen in the series.

I was severly pissed off when I saw the butchered Pierrot verssion of this fight.
IsterioJul 7, 2015 9:56 AM
Jul 7, 2015 10:04 AM

Dec 2012
Butchered? Episode 329 is one of the best (sakuga) episodes, animation was very good and consistent.

I've particularly liked the usage of OST in it, very memorable.
Jul 7, 2015 10:28 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Butchered? Episode 329 is one of the best (sakuga) episodes, animation was very good and consistent.

I've particularly liked the usage of OST in it, very memorable.

In the Manga it was still better and ended with 13 pages on a good cliffhanger but you´re right it was the other Bijuu screen that they butchered I mistook it.

It was this one who had horrible slow animation and the scene that I liked so much was but was butchered was this one. Both climactic scenes imo.

Jul 7, 2015 9:40 PM

Oct 2013
Berserk manga returns on July 24 as a monthly manga. www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-08/berserk-manga-confirmed-to-resume-as-monthly-series-this-month/.90187

First d grayman now berserk? What next hxh?
Jul 7, 2015 10:27 PM
May 2015

Wooooooo hyped! hype! hype!

But why do they say "monthly manga" as if that matters for a hiatus friendly manga lol.
Jul 8, 2015 7:22 AM

Sep 2011
keragamming said:
Berserk manga returns on July 24 as a monthly manga. www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-08/berserk-manga-confirmed-to-resume-as-monthly-series-this-month/.90187

Let's hope this time it isn't another mistranslation.
Jul 8, 2015 8:40 AM

Sep 2013
3 chapters tops, then another hiatus, calling it :)

And it looks like Bleach Brave Souls game has done 200.000 in pre orders :O
Hmmm hope it breaks a million in a month or 2 when it's released.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1356000
Jul 8, 2015 9:26 AM

Sep 2011
ichii_1 said:
3 chapters tops, then another hiatus, calling it :)

And it looks like Bleach Brave Souls game has done 200.000 in pre orders :O
Hmmm hope it breaks a million in a month or 2 when it's released.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1356000

Looks okay, still playing Jump Stars. Doing Ichigo's campaign, decent game though the playable character roster is pretty limited.
Jul 8, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2014
Who cares about the game. The new Bleach fanbook's release date is less than a month away, and according to scans from the back of the last volume, it features among other things a LONG KUBO INTERVIEW.

Like, what's a game next to that?
Jul 8, 2015 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
Finally got around watching dragon ball super. It was ok. Need some getting use to the Japanese voices. Are these voices from the original dragon ball z cast voices?
Jul 8, 2015 11:15 AM

Jun 2014
keragamming said:

I just pray that Miura is in good health when drwaing these chapters. Don't want him overexerting himself.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 8, 2015 11:32 AM

Sep 2013
SuperBazz said:
Who cares about the game. The new Bleach fanbook's release date is less than a month away, and according to scans from the back of the last volume, it features among other things a LONG KUBO INTERVIEW.

Like, what's a game next to that?

If the game is huge hit it will benefit bleach greatly :(

More info on the 13 BLADEs Fanbook
-256 pages (unmasked had 230 pages btw)
-Short manga story from Kubo
-Short story by Ryougo Narita (durarara and baccano author, also previous bleach ln's)
-Polls
-Other Mangaka messages/illustrations
-Illustrations by Kubo
-long interview with Kubo
http://i59.tinypic.com/ad17gi.jpg
Jul 8, 2015 4:10 PM

Feb 2013
Kizaru sounds pretty black
Jul 8, 2015 4:39 PM

Jan 2014
gedata said:
Kizaru sounds pretty black
[yt]Rwov_wuPe-E[/y t]

I actually like the voice even though he's not doing the drawl, but the Sentoumaru one was off-putting.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 8, 2015 5:01 PM
Jun 2015
keragamming said:
Finally got around watching dragon ball super. It was ok. Need some getting use to the Japanese voices. Are these voices from the original dragon ball z cast voices?

Yeah I think so
DBZ is the only anime that I prefer to watch in English Dub
Goku's Japanese granny voice is just too much for me
Jul 8, 2015 5:06 PM
Jun 2015
Poltergeist18 said:
Dahaka_ said:

Fun theory, watched it this morning. But the sheer thought of Togashi degrading himself to TG is very laughable.

I would say upgrade seeing as how medicore HxH was (for me at least)
Really don't see how its suppost to be this groundbreaking Shounen

OP and Naruto (minus the war arc maybe) are a lot better in my opinion
Maou293Jul 8, 2015 5:11 PM
Jul 8, 2015 5:18 PM

Mar 2015
Marco86 said:

Wooooooo hyped! hype! hype!

But why do they say "monthly manga" as if that matters for a hiatus friendly manga lol.

Finally !! :D

Let's hope for some consistent chapter releases

8animet said:
Poltergeist18 said:

Fun theory, watched it this morning. But the sheer thought of Togashi degrading himself to TG is very laughable.

HxH simply takes some of the general shonen cliches and toys with them, but eh...I guess some people just can't appreciate interesting things
Jul 8, 2015 5:25 PM

Jun 2013
MightyM16 said:

HxH simply takes some of the general shonen cliches and toys with them, but eh...I guess some people just can't appreciate interesting things

It's a lot more complex than that. HxH almost acts like an animated retelling of Togashi's eccentric stream of consciousness, in which the horribly grotesque can be easily interwoven with childlike bliss and freedom. And the only real modicum of a "narrative thread" holding everything together is the relationship between the two primary characters, Killua and Gon, as they both try to test the bounds of their own journeys for the sake of reaching both their tangible and emotional goals.

In HxH, the journey is far more important than the destination, and by truly showcasing character weakness, along with allowing characters to vastly manipulate the world around them, the narrative intrigue is heavily bolstered, as the results of one fight, and the stakes therewith, can vary exponentially between different arcs, and even scenes.

Overall, it just deviates from typically overused and drab shounen tropes in a way that manifests itself comfortably within the confines of what is ostensibly a world-building adventure tale.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Jul 8, 2015 5:31 PM

Jan 2014
8animet said:
Poltergeist18 said:

A lot of the time, the reason given is that it is because it does some aspects different from other shounen.
Different has never equaled good for me, so I wasn't as impressed either.

There's also an elitist aspect to it because it's not as popular, and it's a remake so it doesn't have to deal with fillers and such, but all that's a different topic.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 8, 2015 5:31 PM

Mar 2015
YandereTheEmo said:
MightyM16 said:

It's a lot more complex than that. HxH almost acts like an animated retelling of Togashi's eccentric stream of consciousness, in which the horribly grotesque can be easily interwoven with childlike bliss and freedom. And the only real modicum of a "narrative thread" holding everything together is the relationship between the two primary characters, Killua and Gon, as they both try to test the bounds of their own journeys for the sake of reaching both their tangible and emotional goals.

In HxH, the journey is far more important than the destination, and by truly showcasing character weakness, along with allowing characters to vastly manipulate the world around them, the narrative intrigue is heavily bolstered, as the results of one fight, and the stakes therewith, can vary exponentially between different arcs, and even scenes.

Overall, it just deviates from typically overused and drab shounen tropes in a way that manifests itself comfortably within the confines of what is ostensibly a world-building adventure tale.

Basically this

Thanks for the more complex exploration of the matter

HXH is refreshing and unique in a way just a few other series are, the problem is the frequency...it puts a really big damper on things
Jul 8, 2015 6:57 PM

Apr 2013
Eh, to me the relationship between Gon and Killua is far from being the best aspect of HxH. The plot progression and how the story isn't structured around fights, the very interesting villains, the thrilleresque situations and a well thought out power system are what makes it stands out.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 8, 2015 6:58 PM

May 2015
I cry whenever I think about HxH still being on hiatus #FuckTogashi
Jul 8, 2015 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
The only reason I enjoyed Hunter x Hunter,

Jul 8, 2015 11:33 PM

Jun 2013
geralt said:
Eh, to me the relationship between Gon and Killua is far from being the best aspect of HxH. The plot progression and how the story isn't structured around fights, the very interesting villains, the thrilleresque situations and a well thought out power system are what makes it stands out.

You misunderstood me. I'm not saying their relationship is the best aspect of the show, but that their relationship is what drives and maintains the majority of the plot. Without them, the story itself doesn't have much grounding, but because they only frailly hold everything together, quite a bit of room remains for Togashi's creative freedom.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Jul 9, 2015 9:33 AM

Sep 2013
Shounen Jump Issue 33:
Best Blue (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Boku no Hero Academia
One Piece
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Black Clover
Sesuji wo Pin! to (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Gintama
Haikyuu!!
Devilyman
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Toriko
Kagamigami
Sekai no Kurosawa (One Shot)
Isobe Isobee Monongatari (CP)
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Bleach
Lady Justice

Nisekoi (suddenly absent cause of author's illness), World Trigger (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 34:
Cover, Lead CP: Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
CP: Black Clover, Best Blue, Golden Future Cup Entry #1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Bye bye lady justice, it would have been good to see how the story evolved if it wasn't gonna get cancelled :'(
Atleast your sacrifice will sustain bleach for now.
-Kagamigami ain't looking so good either, shame.
-Hinomaru zumou's sales are too low :'(
Pages (124) « First ... « 71 72 [73] 74 75 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

46 by TitanOfPlasma »»
4 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

66 by PostMahouShoujo »»
8 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 11 hours ago

38 by Absurdo_N »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - Yesterday

17 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
26 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 9 hours ago

9 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.