Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (124) « First ... « 60 61 [62] 63 64 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2015 11:56 AM

Apr 2014
Syndiciate said:
I like to let Fairy Tail episodes pile up tbh so I can watch it all at once. It's not really a series you should watch weekly.
+1
Jun 2, 2015 12:32 PM

Dec 2012
Your word is as good as the people I asked. I only know actual data for US and France.

Check for yourself:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1384127

From 2013, FT became more popular than One Piece, before that, they were in the same level of popularity.
Jun 2, 2015 12:33 PM

Sep 2013
ghoul91 said:
As someone who lives in Germany.

How about Toriko? seen it around somewhere? anybody talking about it?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10033/Toriko
Jun 2, 2015 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Your word is as good as the people I asked. I only know actual data for US and France.

Check for yourself:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1384127

From 2013, FT became more popular than One Piece, before that, they were in the same level of popularity.

I think viewership views is a better indicator of what's popular than manga sales figures.
Jun 2, 2015 1:20 PM

Dec 2012
More manga are licensed, than anime that has dubs.

Not to mention, aside from Toonami Ratings wiki page, I don't know how to find viewership.
Jun 2, 2015 1:27 PM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:

Not to mention, aside from Toonami Ratings wiki page, I don't know how to find viewership.

In a nutshell. For example I´m from germany, and I´ve recently posted manga sales.
Naruto is over 4 million One Piece is around 4 million and Dragon Ball has 7.

While Fairy Tail roams around 500k.

Those are total sales, Anime DVDs do not sale at all because of streaming and fansubs, it´s literally impossible to catch up with the dubs, which are lazily made in the first place.
Since the middle 2000s.

Germany as a country used to collaborate alot with Japan, alot of Anime were created between german studios and japanese ones and sold in both countries, especially during the 80-90. Those collaborations eventually stopped and nowdays we get shitty dubbed Anime on DVD or TV series with horrible ratios, cause TV is dead.
IsterioJun 2, 2015 1:30 PM
Jun 2, 2015 1:32 PM

Jun 2014
Isterio said:

Germany as a country used to collaborate alot with Japan, alot of Anime were created between german studios and japanese ones and sold in both countries, especially during the 80-90. Those collaborations eventually stopped and nowdays we get shitty dubbed Anime on DVD or TV series with horrible ratios, cause TV is dead.

I'm sure German dubs are better than French ones.
Jun 2, 2015 1:36 PM

Feb 2013
babymimi said:
Isterio said:

Well, they are at least better than dutch dubs. Like Sailor Moon for example: they didn't even translated the Japanese version to make a dub, they just translated the German dub to make the dutch dub, don't even want to know how big the difference is between the Japanese and Dutch version

like they even dubbed the german intro of Sailor Moon into Dutch lmao:
ChampJun 2, 2015 1:40 PM
Jun 2, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
TheNextChamp said:
babymimi said:

Well, they are at least better than dutch dubs. Like Sailor Moon for example: they didn't even translated the Japanese version to make a dub, they just translated the German dub to make the dutch dub, don't even want to know how big the difference is between the Japanese and Dutch version

LOL seriously? This is trash, they don't dub OPs anymore over here, at least not battle shonens's
Jun 2, 2015 2:10 PM
Oct 2013
TheNextChamp said:
babymimi said:

Actually during the era of Sailor Moon the dub producers were pretty dedicated regardign Anime, during the 90s and early 2000 Anime was treated with care, alot of cencorship occured, but if the series wasn´t in need of cencorship the germans were fairly accurate.

Because the germans actually used to get their Anime from the source.

Naruto for example who got translated during 2005 got completely butchered because the television market fired alot of the staff that was responsible for those tasks and they got a bunch of imbeciles, doing new dubs or translations.
Jun 2, 2015 2:49 PM
Dec 2013
ichii_1 said:

How about Toriko? seen it around somewhere? anybody talking about it?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10033/Toriko

Toriko is completely irrelevant here tbh
the only battle shounen anime/manga which get a lot of love here are DBZ, Naruto and One Piece, the others not that much

From what Ive seen, Detective Conan is pretty big here, Sailor Moon is iconic and Pokemon/Digimon have huge fanbases in Germany...I would say those are the most popular anime/manga franchises here (including the Dragon Ball franchise which is definetly Nr.1 amongst anime/manga in Germany, it slays every other franchise since forever)

Isterio said:

In a nutshell. For example I´m from germany, and I´ve recently posted manga sales.
Naruto is over 4 million One Piece is around 4 million and Dragon Ball has 7.

While Fairy Tail roams around 500k.

thank you, I was too lazy to do research
Jun 2, 2015 2:52 PM
Dec 2013
and btw Attack on Titan has gained a massive fanbase here, but no one cares about my beloved HxH (I cri everitim)
Jun 2, 2015 3:31 PM
Oct 2013
ghoul91 said:
and btw Attack on Titan has gained a massive fanbase here, but no one cares about my beloved HxH (I cri everitim)

Yes and no Attack on titan hasn´t released numbers yet but you can judge it through looking at store sales. I´ve seen both Toriko and AOT in regular book stores, the amount of volumes I´ve seen being sold though is higher on AOT.

First of all Toriko volumes are big thick books and more expensive then the small Tankobons Naruto or One Piece are which may be a reason why they sell less.
Jun 2, 2015 5:22 PM

Jan 2014
I just can't get enough of the dynamic between Law and Doflamingo

In other news, Rock Lee vs Kimimaro was so flames man, they really pulled all the stops for that, and the prior fight between Neji and the Spiderman had one of if not the best inspirational moments from Naruto. I was surprised by how impactful it was.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 2, 2015 11:38 PM

Dec 2012
Isterio said:
tsudecimo said:

In a nutshell. For example I´m from germany,

Weren't you from Greece?
Jun 3, 2015 4:14 AM

Dec 2012
France's manga sales:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1389877

For anyone that is curious.
Jun 3, 2015 5:46 AM

Jun 2012
RedRoseFring said:
I just can't get enough of the dynamic between Law and Doflamingo.

It's probably the best arch-enemy relationship in the series, since both sides have done plenty of damage to each other and they share a good chunk of history. It doesn't feel as one-sided and hopeless as Nami/Arlong or Vivi/Crocodile

tsudecimo said:
France's manga sales:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1389877

Honestly surprised OP is doing so well over there and Bleach is nowhere to be seen.
Jun 3, 2015 9:21 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:

In a nutshell. For example I´m from germany,

Weren't you from Greece?[/quote]

I´m born in greece, but I´ve grown up in germany, I just refered to it as my living place.
I´ve seen both cultures and the Anime dubs in both countries.

Germany always was superior in it, because in the past there was an industry behind them, they hired quality voice actors and made their own openings.CD songs for children, sailor moon song cartridges, merchandise. Greece TV just took them in since release and translated them randomly. You may hear a child with a dark voice and the grownup would have a pitch high voice for no reason.

German voice acting is around american level at it´s peak, but no one voices Anime anymore. For example the voice actress of Sailor moon for the first 60 episodes used to be the same as for Lisa Simpson.

Naruto´s voice acting though is something I´d compare with the four kids dub in America.

Anime actually has a big culture in germany. Like I mentioned in an earlier post there were several examples of collaboration beteen Japan and germany in terms of Anime.

There is Alfred J. Kwak which was a parody towards Adolf Hitler through an Animalistic cartoon telling life lessons, like protect the earth, don´t be racist and be good too each other in a non preachy way.
IsterioJun 3, 2015 9:50 AM
Jun 5, 2015 8:40 AM

Sep 2013
Toiko cover and color page <3

Shounen Jump Issue 28:
Toriko (Cover, Lead CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
One Piece
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Black Clover (CP)
Devilyman
Naruto Gaiden
Warai no Kamigami (One Shot)
Haikyuu!!
Lady Justice
Nisekoi (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Onsen-gai no Medusa (Special Chapter)
Gintama
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Kagamigami
Bleach
Ultra Battle Satellite
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

World Trigger (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 29:
Cover, Lead CP: Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
It will have a special announcement next week, possible anime adaptation or live action?

P.S. can we change the title to "shounen jump discussion" or "shueisha anime discussion" instead of the big 3?
Jun 5, 2015 10:25 AM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:

Shounen Jump Issue 28:
Toriko (Cover, Lead CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
One Piece
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Black Clover (CP)
Devilyman
Naruto Gaiden
Haikyuu!!
Lady Justice
Nisekoi (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Kagamigami
Bleach
Ultra Battle Satellite
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

World Trigger (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 29:
It will have a special announcement next week, possible anime adaptation or live action?

P.S. can we change the title to "shounen jump discussion" or "shueisha anime discussion" instead of the big 3?

I have a question. If a series sells poorly but does great in this ranking, will that save it from getting cancelled?
Jun 5, 2015 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
keragamming said:

I have a question. If a series sells poorly but does great in this ranking, will that save it from getting cancelled?

Yes, hinomarou zumo for example is selling 40k or so but has been around for a year now, vice versa too, hxh and bleach get low rankings but are still around.

JD2411 said:
isn't the guy who writes toriko a paedophile?

16 year old prostitutes are not consider pedophilia.
She was of age in Japan and the charges were dropped as well.
ichii_1Jun 5, 2015 11:03 AM
Jun 5, 2015 10:55 AM

Apr 2013
JD2411 said:

Wait what, I wanna know more about this
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 5, 2015 10:57 AM

Feb 2013
JD2411 said:

He banged a 16 year old. Not exactly Pedophilia
Jun 5, 2015 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
geralt said:
JD2411 said:

Wait what, I wanna know more about this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsutoshi_Shimabukuro
Jun 5, 2015 11:01 AM

Jun 2014
That accusation was retarded.
Jun 5, 2015 11:27 AM

Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:

Shounen Jump Issue 28:
Toriko (Cover, Lead CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
One Piece
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Black Clover (CP)
Devilyman
Naruto Gaiden
Haikyuu!!
Lady Justice
Nisekoi (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Kagamigami
Bleach
Ultra Battle Satellite
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

World Trigger (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 29:

I'm glad Sesuji wo Pin! to is doing decent in the rankings so far. Hope it doesn't get axed.
Jun 5, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2012
Z4k said:

I'm glad Sesuji wo Pin! to is doing decent in the rankings so far. Hope it doesn't get axed.
It isn't going to be ranked for the next three weeks, those are just its placements in the toc for until the eighth week since its debut.
Jun 5, 2015 12:47 PM

Apr 2014
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Z4k said:

It isn't going to be ranked for the next three weeks, those are just its placements in the toc for until the eighth week since its debut.

Ah I see. I wasn't familiar with how the rankings for the new series in WSJ worked.

Thanks for making it clear.
Jun 5, 2015 12:57 PM
Oct 2013
Z4k said:
Ah I see. I wasn't familiar with how the rankings for the new series in WSJ worked.

Thanks for making it clear.

The ranking system was explained by Oda in an SBS once. In a Nutshell it completely depends on what the chief Editor thinks that keeps the magazine running. He and his staff decide how everything get´s ranked not the readers.

That´s why Oda made that passive aggresive remark towards Jump when Naruto ended. Because they gave the color page to Ass room.
Jun 5, 2015 2:03 PM

Jun 2014
Dresrossa is still far shorter than Arrancar, Shinobi war or CA arcs.

And wow if DB didn't get the cover, then nothing can. Well except maybe One Piece.
AgafinJun 5, 2015 2:06 PM
Jun 5, 2015 2:07 PM

Nov 2008
The only one I kind of still like is Bleach because I love anime with themes of the afterlife and such.
Shinigami rock. :"D

Jun 5, 2015 2:24 PM

Jun 2014
Bleach is on Netflix. Time to binge.
Jun 5, 2015 2:25 PM

Mar 2014
Syndiciate said:

The full thing dubbed?
Jun 5, 2015 2:32 PM
Oct 2013
Agafin said:

And wow if DB didn't get the cover, then nothing can. Well except maybe One Piece.

Yes but it instills fear that the Last arc may roll down in a similar way. I bet that the pretentious One piece fans espeicially the ones that dropped Naruto during the war arc or donvote it are gonna claim how awesome the Final war in One Piece is.
Although it literally does the same Naruto does.

Marineford were 30 chapters that´s why it was good paced. And still I didn´t dig the whole Oz sidestory it was out of nowhere and pointless. I mean I kinda liked that character but his story was well yeah Ace gave me that hat that´s why I´m able to sacrifice myself for him.

I´m calling that now, the peek of One Piece is Marineford, same as the Pain arc was the peek of Naruto, I hope Oda pulls something nice it´s not like the Naruto War arc was bad and I´m expecing One Piece Final war to be good, but it´s hard to deliver with so much promise the promised amount of greatness.

IsterioJun 5, 2015 2:37 PM
Jun 5, 2015 2:37 PM

Nov 2010
sullynathan said:
Syndiciate said:

The full thing dubbed?
The same 65 episodes(up to the end of Soul Society) like they used to have. Naruto is back too. I believe both have the dub track, you get to choose with Netflix now I believe.

Isterio said:
Although it literally does the same Naruto does.
I know right, they should just admit the final war arc that hasn't even came out yet is the literal exact same thing as the Naruto war arc. Fuckin fanboys.
IntroverTurtleJun 5, 2015 2:40 PM
Jun 5, 2015 2:46 PM

Sep 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
sullynathan said:

The full thing dubbed?
The same 65 episodes(up to the end of Soul Society) like they used to have. Naruto is back too. I believe both have the dub track, you get to choose with Netflix now I believe.

Neon Valley has up till 316 dubbed and has the full subbed version :)
Jun 5, 2015 2:50 PM

Nov 2010
Isterio said:
Agafin said:

I´m calling that now, the peek of One Piece is Marineford, same as the Pain arc was the peek of Naruto, I hope Oda pulls something nice it´s not like the Naruto War arc was bad and I´m expecing One Piece Final war to be good, but it´s hard to deliver with so much promise the promised amount of greatness.

How can Marineford be the peak of One Piece when it has no adventure in it? Even Oda called Marineford arc a sidetrip.
One Piece was at it's peak during Skypiea/CP9. Skypiea for the adventure, W7 for the story and EL for the action.
Jun 5, 2015 2:51 PM

Nov 2010
Dahaka_ said:
How can Marineford be the peak of One Piece when it has no adventure in it? Even Oda called Marineford arc a sidetrip.
One Piece was at it's peak during Skypiea/CP9. Skypiea for the adventure, W7 for the story and EL for the action.
Post Marineford arc for the heart.
TyrelJun 5, 2015 3:21 PM
Jun 5, 2015 2:55 PM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Isterio said:
Dragon Ball > Hunter X Hunter > One Piece > Bleach
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Random act of aggression here. I will not succumb to your taunts tiny man with the polka dot hat.

Dahaka_ said:
Post Marineford arc for the heart.

I said One Piece was better than Bleach. OP is good but the DB manga and the original Dragon Ball anime were stellar.
Jun 5, 2015 3:00 PM

Nov 2010
Waifu_Strangler said:
I said One Piece was better than Bleach. OP is good but the DB manga and the original Dragon Ball anime were stellar.
While saying DB and HxH are better than it, those are fighting words.

And ok, you're free to your opinion. I'd say Dragonball was good, DBZ was above average, and One Piece is God/Oda's best work on this planet. We've already been through this. Nothing new ever pops up.
Jun 5, 2015 3:02 PM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
While saying DB and HxH are better than it, those are fighting words.

And ok, you're free to your opinion. I'd say Dragonball was Godlike, DBZ was good, and One Piece is good. We've already been through this. Nothing new ever pops up.

What about HxH?
Jun 5, 2015 3:04 PM
Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Oda's best work on this planet.
I'm pretty sure it's Oda's only work outside of random one-shots. It's hardly an achievement really
Jun 5, 2015 3:04 PM

Nov 2010
Waifu_Strangler said:
What about HxH?
Between DBZ and DB.

JD2411 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Oda's best work on this planet.
I'm pretty sure it's Oda's only work outside of random one-shots. It's hardly an achievement really
Jun 5, 2015 3:11 PM

Nov 2008
Seeing as there are lot of DBZ fans in here, maybe one of you might know..........

What's up with the brand-new opening for Kai on the Toonami block? Did Toei animate that recently to update it? It certainly is different from CHA-LA-HEAD CHA LA. XD I watched the show uncut on the International channel YEARS ago. The quality of the original was soooooooo awful. It felt like watching an old VHS tape. lol

Jun 5, 2015 3:12 PM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
What about HxH?
Between DBZ and DB.

JD2411 said:

Why do you like One Piece so much?
Jun 5, 2015 3:13 PM

Nov 2011
Chiibi said:
Seeing as there are lot of DBZ fans in here, maybe one of you might know..........

What's up with the brand-new opening for Kai on the Toonami block? Did Toei animate that recently to update it? It certainly is different from CHA-LA-HEAD CHA LA. XD I watched the show uncut on the International channel YEARS ago. The quality of the original was soooooooo awful. It felt like watching an old VHS tape. lol

The show came out in 1989 you know. I haven't seen it since I'm more a fan of the original but probably updated it. DBZ was like 7 years old when it first aired in america.
Jun 5, 2015 3:18 PM

Nov 2010
Waifu_Strangler said:
Because it's the best.
Jun 5, 2015 3:20 PM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
Because it's the best.
So it has nothing to do with the colorful characters or the adventure?
Jun 5, 2015 3:22 PM
Oct 2013
Dahaka_ said:

Many people have voiced that Skypea is among the worst arcs of One Piece, others love it.
Nothing speaks louder then sale numbers and TV ratings.

We´re not talking about individual preference here but of how the majority of people have perceiced those arcs. I do not have TV rating numbers but judging by mangasales.

Marineford was the favorite for the One Piece community. I don´t think personally that it was the best arc, but the whole package that lead up to it was Odas best writing imo.
Impel Down, Sabos Flashback, Shabondy and the introduction of the Tenryubito and so on.
Jun 5, 2015 3:24 PM

Jun 2014
Lord, Hajime no Ippo's funny YT videos are so ... um funny... and pervy. I nearly died watching "Ding ding dong." Probably the only series with vulgar humour that actually makes me laugh, so much.
ichii said:
*shivers*
Pages (124) « First ... « 60 61 [62] 63 64 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 9 hours ago

35 by Ratris_Decision »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

37 by ChrisBlitz »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

93 by PostMahouShoujo »»
6 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

59 by SpeedyAlchemist »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by TheSFHero »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.