Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 5, 2009 2:08 AM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Seeing that we only have 4 eps to go, I doubt you will be able to see it, though in the manga there is a flash back that lasts several chapters and introduces us to how Sumika and Ushio became friends, and how Sumika has fallen in love with Ushio.
Hey that is interesting....any chance they might put it in this anime? Also the yuri festival.....is there something like that in the real world and not boys allowed...strange gay festivals everyone is allowed to watch the parade so why not see the Yuri festival?Dunno if guys aren't allowed or not, but there are several yuri related events in Japan where fans can buy yuri doujinshi, manga and such.

Psajdak said:
Actually, I was talking about how Kazama is boring and uninteresting character.

Compared to others (Akemiya included), she had nothing that makes her entertaing in this comedy.

She's too plain; reminds me a little about Nico Robin from One Piece who is also pretty much >>normal<< among her crewmates/friends, but in no way is she just plain and without that something which makes her likeable among fans.
Indeed her comedy aspect isn't really coming over in the anime, then again the whole anime is not a comedy, although the original manga is. She is far more crazy in the original, going after every cute girl she sees. I can only hope that her character gets some development, but since it only happens in the recent manga chapters, the anime will probably not cover it >_>
Dec 6, 2009 10:05 AM

Oct 2007
I enjoy this show but all the characters at one point or another I want to kick in the head. Maybe that's because I am growing old and have become more and more direct with my love interests though I am still learning. Something about Aoi's personality really grates me. I still get that aura from her like she thinks she's better than others. Maybe that's why she was isolated in the first place or why I couldn't stand her reaction to Tomoe at first. At the end, I felt a little bad for her but more so her parents reaction to her loud outburst. Only thing I could see being really good for her character to be there is that Kazama is getting jealous. Hopefully, she'll realize how important Sumi is to her cause at times it seems like she takes advantage without really knowing or thinking she is. I'm hoping that Sumi goes with Aoi to drive that point home.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Dec 6, 2009 2:12 PM

Jan 2009
I liked the episode, it felt... kind of familliar. I wanted to bash with a hammer Aoi's mother at one point - when she mentioned the festival and the "friend". It's not like she did something wrong but she said it at the worst possible time without knowing it, of course, so it made me mad - "been there, done that" as they say... Sometimes our parents can be so cruel without even realising it.

Looking forward to Kazama's jealousy, about time she does something in this show that would make me... uh... notice her?

The code conversation was epic.
Nao-staniDec 6, 2009 2:15 PM
Dec 6, 2009 2:28 PM
Jun 2008
Since you guys seem to like it:

Dec 6, 2009 2:31 PM

Oct 2009
tehnominator said:

Saved! :D

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 6, 2009 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
E
francismeunier said:
tehnominator said:

Saved! :D

Epic xDDD
Dec 6, 2009 4:02 PM

Jan 2009
tehnominator said:

*save as*
Dec 7, 2009 3:14 AM
Feb 2009
tehnominator said:
Kiyori's still the best character in the anime. HA HA HA.

Seriously, for me, the best line in the episode is when Tomoe relayed Kiyori's refusal and mimiced her voice. Ha ha ha!
Dec 8, 2009 8:23 PM

Sep 2009
That .gif is /amazing/. I saved it. Twice.

This episode definitely tugged on my heart strings. Tomoe is still hilarious, and Kazama only spoke like 4 lines (not counting the extensive sign language conversation).

Pretty enjoyable side story thing. Here's to hoping the last few episodes are gold.
-
Dec 9, 2009 8:45 AM
Nov 2008
So I was completely lost on what happened in this episode. Sumi clearly forgot something related to Aoi...but what? Aoi had all these crazy expectations running through her head at the beginning of the vacation, but when did Aoi ask Sumi for anything? And what was she expecting when she approached Sumi with the manuscript? Did I miss it?
Dec 9, 2009 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
I don't remember it really well anymore but it's about the thing she asked her when Sumi was too busy to entertain us with her code messages to Kazama. I didn't notice it either at first, got to rewind there.
Dec 10, 2009 10:53 PM

Dec 2007
Nice development for Aoi so it was good episode.
Dec 16, 2009 6:55 AM

Mar 2009
Liked it it was sad and very funny at the same time.

Dec 18, 2009 10:56 PM

Apr 2008
the front part was epic .. both of them making funny poses xD sign lauguages HAHA

Dec 19, 2009 3:04 AM

Jan 2008

the poster. marimate.

Dec 20, 2009 4:04 AM

Aug 2008
I may be a little generous giving this a 4, but I did enjoy this episode. Murasame being there at the end for Aoi was a special moment. Aoi did a decent job carrying this episode.

DKJ

DKJ!
Jan 16, 2010 1:13 PM

Dec 2007
tehnominator said:

I just love it XD It's even funnier to see it animated.

Sumi decides to fullfil her-kind of- promice to Aoi and sacrifices seeing Kasama in a swimsuit. Such a nice person she is.
Dec 19, 2011 5:49 AM

Dec 2011
imho:
3/3=MainPlot
1/1=SidePlot
3/3=Lack of Bland Moments
3/3=Art/Vid/Mus
2/2=Voices(Original)
12/12=Total->[A+]
Signature:
Mar 11, 2012 12:52 PM

Aug 2010
My heat broke in half, I think I'm too involved in this.
Jul 26, 2012 11:23 AM

Feb 2012
Emotive, but felt superfluous. Just get back to the main story, damnit, Janet.
Jan 28, 2013 5:16 PM

Oct 2011
god, I really dislike Aoi, and this extrem overreaction o.O as if it was that big of a deal that Sumi forgot something..
and now Ushio has to suffer because Sumi forgot about her because of Aoi <.<
Aug 16, 2014 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
I feel so bad for Aoi. She finally met someone she can relate with only to be ignored and forgotten :/ It's not overreaction at all, it's completely normal. She was passionate about something but she doesn't have anyone to talk to about it. In comes Comrade Sumi-chan whom she thought totally gets her. Then it falls apart. If anything, Ushio deserves to suffer. Sumi-chan's been there for her from the start but she's just too dense to realize that. Don't know what you got til it's gone.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 23, 2014 10:40 PM
Bunnies ๐Ÿ“

Jan 2013
I felt bad for Aoi, Sumi forgot about the event, but good thing she apologized at the end. All that writing, editing, brainstorming, printing, I'd be mad and sad if my partner refused to help me. I am curious if Aoi's been doing that every year.

Aug 8, 2015 12:26 PM

Nov 2011
I feel strangely pissed off at Aoi

BUT HEY

That's what she gets for being a lonely bastard HAHAHAHA

#thuglyf #dontbeamangaka
Sep 26, 2015 2:42 PM

Aug 2013
saxophone15 said:
A very nice episode for Aoi. I hope we see a lot more of her.

I don't care about her, totally don't care. I don't like her at all, she is boring.
I even skipped some parts with her.
rsc-plSep 26, 2015 2:46 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 18, 2015 7:10 PM

Dec 2013
Kazama and Murasame's charade was really funny lol. Episode for Aoi, quite sad for her since she don't have much friends. Let's see what will happen to the yuri event

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Nov 6, 2015 8:31 PM

Jun 2010
An unexpected hit for this somewhat bland series. Aoi could easily have been the obnoxious otaku stereotype who won't shut up about her fantasy yuri novels but instead it gives her a very sympathetic treatment as a lonely and creative girl.

I like that she's apparently not another lesbian, lest this show fall into the Every Girl is Gay thing a typical yuri show does. Her love for typically non-sexualized yuri stories seems to indicate an interest in close female friendship which makes perfect sense for someone with no friends.

It got too heavy-handed in places, like outright stating that she has no friends and the screaming and crying, but it was a successful personal story in general.
Nov 25, 2015 3:07 PM

Feb 2010
Fronzel said:
An unexpected hit for this somewhat bland series. Aoi could easily have been the obnoxious otaku stereotype who won't shut up about her fantasy yuri novels but instead it gives her a very sympathetic treatment as a lonely and creative girl.

I like that she's apparently not another lesbian, lest this show fall into the Every Girl is Gay thing a typical yuri show does. Her love for typically non-sexualized yuri stories seems to indicate an interest in close female friendship which makes perfect sense for someone with no friends.

It got too heavy-handed in places, like outright stating that she has no friends and the screaming and crying, but it was a successful personal story in general.

That's interesting. I thought she was was "pure" lesbian (asexual or just not interested so much as Sumi).

@episode
... uh, this scene with Aoi & sign language was artificial & dumb. They make Sumi some kind of person without feelings. She was with Akemiya because she felt pity for him. Now she ignored Aoi.
May 28, 2016 9:46 PM

Jan 2016
This is the second bland episode in a row. It's going to be a challenge for me not to drop this series at this point. Call it subjective, but there was absolutely nothing in this episode to like until the last couple of minutes. Same girl they threw in without reasoning, expected plotline, uncomfortable and boring as heck to watch, and a grand total of 8* seconds of Ushio's appearance...a main character. Touched my heart at the last couple of minutes, but that was the only thing that prevented this episode from being a complete blunder.

3/10
Jan 26, 2017 10:31 PM

Sep 2013
tehnominator said:

Best part. Hahahaha and I haven't even finish the episode.
Jul 30, 2017 11:37 AM

Jun 2013

I like your reading of Azusa in this episode. I think the episode wasn't paced too well, and so it kind of prevented me from really feeling her struggle, which is too bad.

I was just as out of the loop as you were, and had to go back after the episode ended to find out what Sumika forgot. The sign language bit, as funny as was, distracted me from the thing that Azusa was saying.
LeeTailorJul 30, 2017 11:40 AM
Oct 25, 2019 2:12 PM

Oct 2015
am I the only person who thinks Aoi is highkey annoying?
Apr 3, 2020 5:43 AM

Aug 2018
So some known by Azusa girls refused to make some journal in the past?.. Well, not known, what it's about, really - was it hobby, or some project, or something.. So will hope for more info..
Well, I enjoy Azusa as a character a lot, really.. She has all kinds of dreams.. I like that her imagination world is vast like this.. Must be nice feelings to dream about stuff here and there like this.. And be dedicated, inspired by your hobby so much.. It's admirable, really..
Also it's interesting, if she'll succeed in trying to write.. Even if won't, I still like when people try writing something.. I did that myself after all.. More in the past.. Very rarely now, now I'm more consuming, really.. Which is also nice.. ;p
Well, people not sharing your hobby to extents you like - is also relatable, really.. Yeah, people I know like anime.. But like different genres.. Or watch it not so often.. So it's a bit disappointing that I'm doing some of these watches just by myself.. There are other ways, though, I guess.. Like there are rewatches.. But again as Azusa would like someone doing the way she likes.. I'd also more would appreciate watching series in my pace, not necessary in episode per day.. Even if I know that it leads nowhere.. And even if I tried the other way, by some rules.. In the end I'm still more or less am alone with watching my anime, I guess.. Oh well..
In the end, I guess, I don't take it as sadly as Azusa took.. Not that there is anything wrong in either way, really.. Just that a bit of uniqueness.. For Azusa it's much more important.. To have a soul mate.. And it's quite a lot, isn't it?.. Just that I am personally content with what I have.. And try, initiate conversations about anime, and stuff, but in the end still being alone majorly, it feels.. Still it's norm for me.. I just think that's how hobbies work.. Soul mates are almost impossible, I personally feel..
Well, I very enjoyed this episode as well.. I like Azusa's character.. Enjoying your hobby on a deeper level is very interesting and very relatable topic to me personally.. So I quite enjoyed all the feelings Azusa had.. Both happy ones, and sad ones.. In the end, it seems, she still maintained a good friendship with Sumika.. Where she'll be able to express dear to her feelings and thoughts that her hobby gives to her.. Glad for her, I think.. And again - nice episode.. Important..
Sep 1, 2021 1:40 PM

Feb 2020
Very powerful and emotional episode. Poor Aoi. That scene where she started to cry was so depressing. Fortunately, the ending was much more happy. ^^

Aoi's imagination. <3

SerafosJan 5, 4:55 AM
Mar 25, 2022 9:17 AM
Aug 2021
The insert song was pretty good.
The problem with this series is that, the characters are not realistic, nor deep, nor unique enough to keep the fuel burning.
The comedic, sol moments are fine, if not memorable, and occurs the most screentime (at least startimg from episode 3). Some of the gimmicks, dialogues, and events are also way too lame and predictable.
But aside from these, this anime was fun to watch, and definitely had some good moments.
Apr 11, 2022 7:22 PM

Jun 2014
It hurt to see Aoi cry like that. I'm glad that Sumi went to see her.

So, how is Sumi going to that event and the beach at the same time?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarcyD - Dec 30, 2009

127 by euls »»
Apr 14, 12:16 AM

» Who the $@#% thought this was a good way to end this series?!?

KingYoshi - Apr 8, 2013

10 by stockhousing »»
Jan 31, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 4 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 28, 2009

45 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 2, 2023 9:26 AM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 12 Discussion

Proselyt - Dec 23, 2009

31 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 11, 2022 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Dec 16, 2009

58 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 11, 2022 8:17 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.