Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 10, 2015 12:07 AM
Jul 2010
Guys, go contribute to the berserk wikia, it is highly underveloped in my opinion, but berserk is one of the most popular manga. Weird because highly popular manga like One Piece, Bleach and Naruto all have really overdeveloped wikias, with loads and loads of info. Everyone lets do our fair share, and contribute to the Berserk Wikia! Develop some summaries for chapters, develop a character's background, even small minor characters, lets make the Berserk wikia, a great one!

http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Mar 10, 2015 9:54 PM

Nov 2010
Nah, don't wanna.

VongolaXEspada said:
Weird because highly popular manga like One Piece, Bleach and Naruto all have really overdeveloped wikias, with loads and loads of info.
Not that weird. They are newer and more popular manga without all the hiatus and with younger and more devoted fans.
Mar 12, 2015 12:06 AM
Jul 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Nah, don't wanna.

Don't want to*
Mar 12, 2015 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
Haven't looked at it in a while, looks like they updated the layout a bit. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can edit anything in.
Mar 12, 2015 8:36 PM

Nov 2010
VongolaXEspada said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Nah, don't wanna.

Don't want to*
wanna*
Mar 15, 2015 7:35 PM
Jul 2010
So many people are contributing! Great!
Mar 15, 2015 10:38 PM
Oct 2012
Looks like that character list could be expended by like... 100 more characters
Mar 18, 2015 12:32 PM
Jul 2010
rickylrico said:

Defiantly, and the characters already on the wikia, could be expanded a lot, defiantly not enough info on some of them.

The chapters have very good summaries.

The story arcs, have almost no summaries or info, if anyone would like to expand on them here it is

http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Berserk_Story_Arcs

Those are all of the story arcs

This is the link to the first story arc

http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Vlad_Tepes_Arc
Mar 18, 2015 12:35 PM

Nov 2010
VongolaXEspada said:
rickylrico said:

Defiantly, and the characters already on the wikia, could be expanded a lot, defiantly not enough info on some of them.

The story arcs, have almost no summaries or info, if anyone would like to expand on them here it is

Definitely*
Mar 18, 2015 8:41 PM
Jul 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
VongolaXEspada said:

Definitely*

:/
Mar 19, 2015 10:17 AM

Dec 2014
The story arc's are not even listed right.

Till now there are 5 arc's.

Blackswordsman arc->Golden age arc->Conviction arc->Millenium Falcon arc->Fantasia arc.

Besides that Miura has a structure when it comes to listing Arc's and Chapters.

So what we call Chapters are actually called Episodes. The whole chapter stuff referr's to a smaller section of the story. A Chapter consists of multiple episodes and a Arc consists of multiple chapters. For example: “Conviction Arc - Lost Children Chapter: Jill” or “Fantasia Arc - Elf Island Chapter: Ghost Ship(1)”. The episodes being “#97 Jill” and “#308 Ghost Ship(1)”. This may be strange because most other mangas are not as complex when it comes to organizing their content and each release is commonly referred to as a “chapter”.

On contributing on the wiki, i changed some sutff, but is such a big mess. It takes too much time, which i don't have. At this point i only recommend sullknight.net when you have to look something up.
Mar 23, 2015 3:04 AM
Jul 2014
Because Berserk's story layout is so complex that's what makes it hard to understand. I have never liked skullknight.net and wouldn't recommend it. I believe the wikia covers Berserk better.
Mar 23, 2015 12:15 PM

Dec 2014
B17 said:
Because Berserk's story layout is so complex that's what makes it hard to understand. I have never liked skullknight.net and wouldn't recommend it. I believe the wikia covers Berserk better.

It doesn't, because it has several misconceptions listed. F.e the name of the beast of darkness. They call it ''Hellhound'' on the wikia, a term that never appeared in the Manga.

There is alot of stuff which is wrong thats why it's a shit wikia.
Mar 29, 2015 9:21 AM
Jul 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Nah, don't wanna.

VongolaXEspada said:
Weird because highly popular manga like One Piece, Bleach and Naruto all have really overdeveloped wikias, with loads and loads of info.
Not that weird. They are newer and more popular manga without all the hiatus and with younger and more devoted fans.

"overdeveloped wikias" shouldn't that be a good thing since there is a good amount of information? Naruto and One Piece Wikia's started in 2006, and Bleach in 2007. Berserk Wikia started in 2008, so that's more "newer". Because those wikia's have devoted fans they have more information. The Berserk Wiki has information to update all of its articles. So what it really needs is the users to help add that information to pages.
Mar 29, 2015 9:36 AM
Jul 2014
Mangetsu1010 said:
B17 said:

It doesn't, because it has several misconceptions listed. F.e the name of the beast of darkness. They call it ''Hellhound'' on the wikia, a term that never appeared in the Manga.

You want change? HELP US CHANGE. Until then stop bitching and complaining.
Mar 29, 2015 12:54 PM

Dec 2014
B17 said:
Mangetsu1010 said:

First of all stop being an immature little fuck. If you would have read what i wrote earlier in this thread then you would have seen that i changed stuff (especially at the beast of Darkness section) and i also explained that i don't have alot of time to spend on that wiki. It has so much wrong stuff, you would have to start that wiki all over again. Besides that I pointed out that people should visit sk.net for berserk info instead of a wiki filled with misconceptions and wrong stuff whilst you recommended it.
IntersticeMar 29, 2015 1:04 PM
Mar 29, 2015 12:55 PM

Jan 2015
I'd contribute but my English sucks lol.
Mar 29, 2015 3:49 PM
Jul 2014
Mangetsu1010 said:
B17 said:

First of all stop being an immature little fuck. If you would have read what i wrote earlier in this thread then you would have seen that i changed stuff (especially at the beast of Darkness section) and i also explained that i don't have alot of time to spend on that wiki. It has so much wrong stuff, you would have to start that wiki all over again. Besides that I pointed out that people should visit sk.net for berserk info instead of a wiki filled with misconceptions and wrong stuff whilst you recommended it.

"stop being an immature little fuck" Er what? I pointed out if you want something too change. Make it happen instead of complaining from the sidelines. Now, I didn't know that it was you who mentioned about "hellhound" being wrong, so thank you. Next thing, I don't expect anyone to fully commit themselves to helping us 24/7. We the Berserk Wiki are currently trying too re-build are reputation and are asking for just a Little bit of help. If no one wishes to help us that is perfectly understandable. I recommend Wikia's because if someone wanted to read whole history of a certain character such as Guts, a wikia can cover it. Skullknight.net is a forum website designed for discussions rather than information coverage.
TheBestyMar 29, 2015 3:56 PM
Mar 29, 2015 3:59 PM
Jul 2014
Clockwerk93 said:
I'd contribute but my English sucks lol.
Any mistakes can be fixed. So if you could help us, we'd be really thankful for it.
Mar 29, 2015 7:04 PM

Dec 2014
B17 said:
Mangetsu1010 said:

"stop being an immature little fuck" Er what? I pointed out if you want something too change. Make it happen instead of complaining from the sidelines. Now, I didn't know that it was you who mentioned about "hellhound" being wrong, so thank you. Next thing, I don't expect anyone to fully commit themselves to helping us 24/7. We the Berserk Wiki are currently trying too re-build are reputation and are asking for just a Little bit of help. If no one wishes to help us that is perfectly understandable. I recommend Wikia's because if someone wanted to read whole history of a certain character such as Guts, a wikia can cover it. Skullknight.net is a forum website designed for discussions rather than information coverage.

Putting all this stuff aside, here and there i try to edit stuff although i am having a hard time with some sections. I thinck it would be better to only list the 5 major arc's then work on them. I have a hard time editing the story arc section, since i would like to not include all those falsely named arc's of the story, but rather use some of those summary's. Then of course delete them for not causing any big confusion. It would be more detailed and more simple. Bigger arc's such as the millenium falcon arc could be divided in the actual chapters.

Like we would have a post for the millnium falcon arc, then a summary section for the Falconia chapter in that post.

Miura did this kind of structure for a purpose and not following it would be an example of not following the source material.
Mar 29, 2015 7:52 PM

Oct 2013
Can we change ''Chapter 337 is the latest chapter of the series.'' to last chapter of this year..

Goddammit Miura, start working your ass off already.

Jul 9, 2015 11:37 AM

Mar 2013
I would but wikia won't unban me.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 110 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

23 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 104 Discussion

28 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 103 Discussion

30 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 102 Discussion

49 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 101 Discussion

41 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.