Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 16, 2008 3:51 AM

Jun 2007
"Talk about the shows you are most anticipating, or shows you think will be a complete failure."

Mathes said:

Spring Sesssion 2008 - Overview

March:
April:
Yet unknown Date:

And some (HUGE) pictures too:

To much unconfirmed and unknown things to post it as news yet but tell us what you think anyway. :)
atlantizaJul 3, 2008 12:10 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2008 12:11 PM
Sep 2007
I'm definately going to watch Naisho no Tsubomi..
For the rest.. I wait for in-depth previews of all shows but none of them arouses my interest at first glance..
Feb 16, 2008 12:48 PM

Oct 2007
I'll watch BUS GAMER, Amatsuki and Macross F for sure!

Feb 16, 2008 1:26 PM

Jun 2007
Mef said:
I'm definately going to watch Naisho no Tsubomi..
For the rest.. I wait for in-depth previews of all shows but none of them arouses my interest at first glance..

Star Crossed Anime Blog posted first In-Depth Preview
here ;-)
Feb 17, 2008 12:33 PM

Aug 2007
too much anime to watch! 8D
Feb 17, 2008 2:05 PM

Jun 2007
Mao-pyon said:
too much anime to watch! 8D

you mean enough anime to spend some time =D

Well To Love-Ru and Vampire Night got recomanded to me some times now so i'll give it a try.
Code Geass R2 is a must watch and Real Drive, Golge 13, Blassreiter, Crystal Blaze and Kanokon look interesting enough to give them a try too. :)
Feb 25, 2008 8:47 AM

Nov 2007
To-LOVE-ru!
The manga is really good, so this is one of the shows I REALLY want to watch!
Code Geass R2 is definitly an other one!
I will try other ones, but those are the ones I have to watch absolutly.
Mar 1, 2008 5:48 PM

Oct 2007
In this spring season , im intending to watch -

Bus Gamer ;
Chi's Sweet Home ;
To Love-Ru ; { Definate watch }
Kanokon ; { Definate watch }
Nabari no Ou ;
Soul Eater; { Definate watch }
Monochrome Factor ;
Chiko, Heiress of the Phantom Thief ; { Definate watch }
Itazura na Kiss ; { Definate watch }
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki ;
School Days OVA Special: Magical Heart Kokoro-chan ;
Naisho no Tsubomi . { Definate watch }

Might dropp some though ;/.
sandiiMar 1, 2008 5:58 PM
Mar 4, 2008 7:48 PM

Nov 2007
I hope ZnT Season 3 and SHnY season 2 will be announced soon :P

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Mar 5, 2008 3:16 PM

Jan 2008
how about other airing episodes, like Bleach etc., you are not covering longer airing series?

Don't you want to make on the main club's page direct links to information pages on MAL?

yeah, I know...
I will not anymore suggest weired stuff which is not necessary (it is not so difficult to copy and paste and click ok/search)
hahaha
Mar 12, 2008 7:36 AM

Jun 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:
how about other airing episodes, like Bleach etc., you are not covering longer airing series?

this is a group for the actual new airing animes so people can get a overview over those new series and discuss about them in general, recommend, warn and write opinions.
Long Airing Series like Bleach, etc. already have thousands of fanclubs for their own so they don't really fit in here.

So it's march now and we should soon rename into Spring Anime Group. :)
Mar 12, 2008 10:23 AM

Jan 2008
ok, clear regarding longer airing series
Mar 13, 2008 9:00 PM

Aug 2007
Vampire Knight is out on April 7th. :3
Mar 24, 2008 2:53 PM

Jul 2007
ill pretty much watch most of them, but im really looking forward to code geass. soul eater and to love-ru seem interesting too.
Mar 25, 2008 11:01 AM

May 2007
i will also watch most. Mostly looking forward to code geass tho and soul eater.
Mar 26, 2008 3:34 AM

Jan 2008
I do not see anything much promising.
I have a feeling that the whole season will be not so good.
Have to check 1-2 episodes to decide, though.
Mar 26, 2008 7:45 AM

Nov 2007
Gyagu Manga Biyori 3 already started airing since March 17. correction? :)

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Apr 1, 2008 2:43 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
A lot of SF and fantasy anime, which lacked during the last two seasons.....Very promising to me....

MUST WATCH:
Code Geass R2
Macross F (OMG this is it....)

I'll try those too:
Blassreiter
Monochrome Factor
Tower of Druaga
Nabari no Ou
Wagaya no Oirnari-sama

Thanks god we have more action-oriented anime.....The only good things last season were Gundam 00 and Spice and Wolf.....and probably SnS Second.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 5, 2008 1:19 PM
Oct 2007
I'm wondering about YuGiOh? I thought the series should've ended like milleniums ago...

Looking forward to:
Wagaya no Oinari-sama.
Blassreiter

And all the other ones already said.

Apr 6, 2008 3:19 AM

Feb 2008
I'll be watching most of them.

One I won't be watching: Kamen no Maid Guy.
That was just one big 'wtf' for me.
Apr 6, 2008 7:07 AM

Jan 2008
LolitaDecay said:
I'll be watching most of them.

One I won't be watching: Kamen no Maid Guy.
That was just one big 'wtf' for me.

yeah, it looks wtf, exactly
Apr 6, 2008 2:01 PM

Mar 2007
After reading Itazura Na Kiss storyline, it reminded me of one of the japanese/korean dramas I used to watch..definitely the same storyline too and the same main characters ( where the girl is dumb and the guy she fancies is clever)
Apr 6, 2008 3:05 PM

Oct 2007
I'm going for the Wagaya no Oinari-sama (b/c i see miko and fox )

@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Apr 7, 2008 5:43 AM
Jan 2008
i think i'll watch all of them,maybe

Apr 9, 2008 10:36 AM

Sep 2007
Okay, best first episodes so far:
1. Kure-nai
2. Soul Eater
3. Tower of Druaga
4. Code Geass R2

Still looking forward to: Allison and Lillia, Himitsu - top secret, Real Drive, and Toshokan Sensou. Spring '08 is turning out to be pretty fantastic, thus far.
Apr 9, 2008 11:58 AM

Jul 2007
What I've seen so far...

R2: I'm a bit confused, seems like we missed half a season somewhere, but of course I'll watch it until the end. :3

Kure-nai: Delicious. I love the little girl. I don't find her moe or think she is a win loli, she's just awesome. The show is awesome, too...

Chi's Sweet Home: I need it every Monday-Thursday to survive. Simple and sweet. Really sweet.

Itazura na Kiss: I can probably already predict the ending, but it's not too bad. Seems more like a dorama than an anime, but maybe it's just me.

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Apr 9, 2008 12:53 PM

Nov 2006
Code Geass R2 of course, had a nice start already
And waiting for Crystal Blaze, Real Drive, Monochrome factor and Soul Eater. They all looked just as good, but these I'll definitly watch!
Apr 9, 2008 1:25 PM

Feb 2008
So far:

R2- Alot of explaining to do, I like it. This is probably going to be my favorite.

Vampire Knight- Since I never read the manga I'm impressed by the story. Animation is meh but I'm addicted to the ED. Not to mention those Vampire guys...*fangirl moment*

Chi's Sweet Home- Sweet, fluffy, cute, adorable...

Itazura na Kiss - Looks like it could be interesting, character design annoys me though.

xxxholic Kei- It's by Clamp. I love it. Animation's better this time round.

To-LOVE-ru - It's the Rosario + Vampire of this season in my eyes. Could be good when I get past the fan service >.<

I can't wait for the others to be subbed, I watched the Kurenai raw as soon as it came out and it looks really interesting. The little girl is adorable. My opinion will come after watching the sub.
Apr 9, 2008 4:35 PM

Jul 2007
LolitaDecay said:
So far:Itazura na Kiss - Looks like it could be interesting, character design annoys me though.

The manga it's based off of is pretty old, anyway. But if you look at the manga covers, you'll appreciate the design in the anime. xD But... I'm pretty sure we can't fit 9 years of a manga into 26 eps.

Anyway, more shows have been watched.

Druaga no To: It was... a let down from the screens posted. I'd rather just read the screenshots of the funny parts, the show's better that way. I'll give it a few more eps before I drop it, but I have a worse feeling about this one than I did about the first episode of Mokke.

Zettai Karen Children: A lot better than I expected. I didn't plan to watch it all, but I did because I forget which shows I didn't want to watch as far as their names. AND YOU CAN'T BEAT HAVING AYA. But besides that, it looks similar to a Mahou Shoujo series, but I'll watch it anyway.

Special A: Definitely just the opposite of almost every other romance. Can't wait for more.
atlantizaApr 9, 2008 5:14 PM

Apr 10, 2008 10:02 AM

Feb 2008
atlantiza said:

The manga it's based off of is pretty old, anyway. But if you look at the manga covers, you'll appreciate the design in the anime. xD But... I'm pretty sure we can't fit 9 years of a manga into 26 eps.

Ahhh I see xD

Druaga no To: LOL. That's really all there is to it. I thought it was hilarious. It better stay as a parody. Finally Gonzo coughs up something worthy of my praise :\

Special A: Love it. It reminds me of Ouran. The siblings are funny :P

Kanokon: Probably dropping this. The male leads looks about 10 :\ -cringe-

Kurenai: WIN. This one looks really good, that girl is adorable >.<

Zattai Karen: AYA IS IN IT. And her character reminds me a little bit of Konata <3 I think this could turn out to be a good watch.

Need to watch Monochrome Factor, Soul Eater and Neo Angelique.
Apr 12, 2008 5:10 PM

Jul 2007
Soul Eater was a lot better than I expected. Nice character designs, music (TMR <33), animation, everything. Hope the quality doesn't go down at all by the time it ends a year from now.

Apr 13, 2008 6:10 AM

Feb 2008
atlantiza said:
Soul Eater was a lot better than I expected. Nice character designs, music (TMR <33), animation, everything. Hope the quality doesn't go down at all by the time it ends a year from now.
Yup same. The VAs were great as well.
Apr 13, 2008 4:40 PM

Sep 2007
I have started :
Soul Eather - great one
Itazura na Kiss - nice shoujo for now
Tower of Druaga - so-so I hope to get better in future
Macross F - the first ep was nice xD
Blassreiter - the animation is pretty cool the story is not bad either
Kure-nai - I think this one will be one of my fave xD,I adore the chars
Nabari no Ou - the fighting scenes are great and the story is acceptable
Kamen no Maid Guy - this one is hilerious but only that
Neo Angelique Abyss - I have seen pleanty of this kind so I don't think it will impress me with something
and of course Code Geass and Vampire knight I don't need to comment these two xD.
And so far for now.
Apr 14, 2008 6:52 AM

Feb 2008
Sweet_Touch said:

Neo Angelique Abyss - I have seen pleanty of this kind so I don't think it will impress me with something

I'm watching that purely for the tons of bishies.
Apr 14, 2008 11:58 AM

Oct 2007
I'm watching Nabari no Ou just for the cute Lelouch-look-a-like in there =OwO= he's adorable!
Apr 14, 2008 2:19 PM

Feb 2008
Saati-Chii said:
I'm watching Nabari no Ou just for the cute Lelouch-look-a-like in there =OwO= he's adorable!
What? WHAT?
Apr 15, 2008 7:17 PM

Aug 2007
So far if I had to put the ones I've seen into Tiers, it would look like this:

Tier 3:
Kanokon
Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Tower of Druaga

Tier 2:
Soul Eater
Special A
Nabari no Ou
Vampire Knight

Tier 1:
Kure-nai
CGR2

Kure-nai and Code Geass R2 have been exceptional so far. I'm loving them both! The ones I have in the 2nd tier are probably all keepers, as they all are fairly interesting. Tier 3 are my possible drops, so we'll see if things get any better with those.....
Apr 16, 2008 8:50 AM

Feb 2008
I already dropped To-LOVE-ru and Kanokon.
Apr 17, 2008 12:21 PM
Dec 2007
hi everyone!

I'm watching:

- vampire knight - story reminds me of Zombieloan.. but the bishies are better this time XD no idea where the story is going, but I'm guessing lot of hearts will be broken
- tower of druaga - after the shock the first episode gave me I was able to comprehend the story and enjoy. (you have to admit that first episode was one huge "wtf")
- soul eater - is very good as well, the animation is different from other anime's. Which is a good thing, and I like the story as well.
- wagaya no oinari-sama - any anime with foxy gods in it will do for me XD
- neo angelique abyss - bit of cliche. we all know how it will end.. LETS SAVE THE WORLD XD
- blassreiter - very interesting anime. I especially enjoy the design of the so called 'demons' and the story, it's a bit of a mystery where it's going.. which is something I like.

so... erm.. that's about it for me XD
Apr 17, 2008 2:17 PM

Sep 2007
Okay, time for an update! I like KakashiGaiden's tiered format, so I'll be stealing it.

Tier 3
Blassreiter
Crystal Blaze
Kamen no Maid Guy
Kanokon
Kyouran Kazouku Nikki
To Love-Ru

Tier 2
Itazura na Kiss
Nabari no Ou
Special A
Tower of Druaga
Vampire Knight
Wagaya no Oinari-sama
xxxHolic - Kei
Zettai Karen Children

Tier 1
Allison & Lillia
Code Geass R2
Kure-nai
Soul Eater

Apr 19, 2008 6:30 AM

Apr 2008
yea theres soo much anime to watch this spring zomg im going to be home like all the time now :P
Apr 21, 2008 5:08 PM

Feb 2008
Soul Eater, Nabari No Ou, and Amatsuki for me
Apr 22, 2008 8:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So far after watching 2 or 3 episodes of each show:

Top shows:
-Kure-nai: OMG this is the anime of the season for me....
-Code Geass R2: what can i say about cliffhangers at every episode...
-Macross F: epic space-epera + good animation + classics sequel

Medium shows (has potential but are not that great):
-Wagaya no Oinari-sama: first ep. sucked but 2nd ep. was very funny and redeemed my interest.
-Vampire Knight: unfortunately big disappointment since i'm a manga fan, this is really bad compared to the manga. Too many things made TOO obvious right at the first episode.
-Nabari no Ou: not that original at all but characters are funny sometime....may drop if nothing good happens.
-Monochrome Factor: same thing as Nabari no Ou....

Other than the top 3 for me (which are very very enjoyable), the rest are actually really boring and I feel like I'm forcing myself to watch them for my job or something....

Other series I "planned" to watch but now remains suspicious...
-Tower of Druaga: the trailer looked SO AMAZING but reviews for the first ep. completely turned me down....
-Blassreiter: looked interesting at first but now it seems to lack originality....

Series that is good but I won't watch:
-Soul Eater: i know it's unique because I've read the manga. But because of that I don't want to repeat the story over again. It's a good anime (probably in my tops) but I won't watch it simply because I know the story already....
wakka9caApr 22, 2008 8:06 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 1, 2008 9:21 AM

Aug 2007
Top shows:
- Allison & Lillia: interesting characters +Nana factor; totally enjoyable
- Kyouran Kazoku Nikki: too weird that it's awesome~ best ensemble cast this season.
- Toshokan Sensou: Marina+Miyukichi duet~ so far it's great.
- Itazura na Kiss: a lovely shoujo never fails
- Code Geass R2: well, it's Code Geass

Lovin' it:
- kure-nai: Miyukichi pwns this season
- 20-mensou no musume: Aya's best role to date. Classic!
- Kaiba: I was sold to the cast at first, but it turned out to be a strong anime
- Zettai Karen Children: not as great as Hayate no Gotoku, but live up to my expectations.
- Soul Eater: Nice style. Please, please, end this in 52 eps

Watching anyway:
- Vampire Knight: Hocchan doing good, quite enjoyable too
- ToLoveRu: For a Tomatsu Haruka love.
- Oinari-sama: Yukana has a divine voice.
- Kanokon. Guilty pleasure for any Noto-kawaii/Ayachi fan *_*
- Nabari no Ou: Miharu's anti-Naruto-ness keeps me watching this
- Druaga no To: 1st ep was hilarious. But it becomes a mediocre from ep 2 onwards.
- Himitsu: Looks OK but I'm scared of the potential yaoi going on.
- Amatsuki: ditto.

Dropped:
- Kamen no Maid Guy. I just didn't get it.
- Special A. Boring & Gotuza-sama should stop singing.

and that's it.
jouttexMay 1, 2008 9:25 AM
May 13, 2008 4:12 PM

Sep 2007
Hmm. I think currently these are my top 10 picks this season, in this order:

1. Macross Frontier: Macross was one of the formulative series for my early days as an otaku, after Yamato.
2. Code Geass R2: Good mecha fun plus CLAMP designs, really enjoyed the surprises in series 1.
3. Kure-nai: Compelling acting and directing, reminds me a bit of the old neo-realist Italian directing style I learned about in film school. I've heard that unlike most anime shows, the dialogue is recorded before the animation, which allows for greater expression in the animating of the dialogue.
4. Nabari no Ou: Contemporary ninja yarn action is fun, but Miharu steals the show!
5. Tower of Druaga: Yay for legal simulataneous release! Loving the setting and the comedy. Plus the story was written by the creator of Full Metal Panic!
6. Soul Eater: Very stylish and I like Maka a lot (even with the awkward voice). Story seems a little too shounen for me so far though. We'll see.
7. Kyouran Kazoku Nikki: Just too damn bizarre to not watch. Feels somewhere between Elf Princess Rein and Dokkoida, lol.
8. Real Drive: this would be higher, but I feel the writing is really uneven so far. But I dig the transhumanist themes and some of the hard SF elements. Don't really like the character designs, though.
9. Kamen no Maid Guy: The show itself is really, really, REALLY bad, but the title character is so hilarious, I'd watch just about any show you dropped him into. Kukuku...
10. Toshokan Sensou: Still need to watch more to really assess this one, but I liked the start.
May 13, 2008 7:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Added:

top shows:
-Kyouran Kazoku Nikki: the next Haruhi is born...What else can I say?
-Toshokan Sensou: spiritually similar to FMP but quite different. Very social/political at the same time very very funny. The humour is just right and the elements of soft SF is just right too.....
-Nijuu Mensou Musume (daughter with 20 faces): very good show overall. Gives you a mid 20th century feeling. Thieves, mafias and rogues... Plus the main protagonist (the girl) is a prodigy....She will grow up to be a legendary figure certainly....This mood is very "a la Jules Verne" with slight steampunk references and Nijuu Mensou trying to recover and destroy ancient artifacts and ridicously advanced weaponry for that time....
-Chi's sweet home: just cute no matter what you say.....

Medium shows:
-Tower of Druaga: not as bad as I thought. Funny moments really are funny while serious moments are quite refreshing.

plan to start Kaiba soon....
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
May 30, 2008 6:50 PM

Sep 2007
I was kind of surprised so few people listed Macross F (even though a lot of folks listed similar genre shows such as Code Geass--is it the CLAMP appeal there rather than the mecha? ^_^;). I hope people are at least checking it out, even if it isn't in their top tier of must-sees (for me it is, but then the original Macross was one of the shows that got me so deeply into anime back in the day, so I'm happily biased there). Don't let the prior history of the show scare you off, this one's really nice as a stand-alone work in itself (of course appreciation of the old shows won't hurt either, though I never liked Macross 7, meh).

It's a great season, in any case...so many great series to choose from, it's a nice problem to have!

/steps off Macross F cheerleading pedestal
May 30, 2008 9:25 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Akari_House said:
I was kind of surprised so few people listed Macross F (even though a lot of folks listed similar genre shows such as Code Geass--is it the CLAMP appeal there rather than the mecha? ^_^;). I hope people are at least checking it out, even if it isn't in their top tier of must-sees (for me it is, but then the original Macross was one of the shows that got me so deeply into anime back in the day, so I'm happily biased there). Don't let the prior history of the show scare you off, this one's really nice as a stand-alone work in itself (of course appreciation of the old shows won't hurt either, though I never liked Macross 7, meh).

It's a great season, in any case...so many great series to choose from, it's a nice problem to have!

/steps off Macross F cheerleading pedestal

Macross Frontier is one of the best series in this season. The only problem it has is that it is being outsourced....so animation quality is not consistent. Episode 7 was epic "anime movie" quality while the following episode is "generic anime series" quality....
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Jan 21, 2015 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
Not picking up much next season, most of it feels repetitive, almost like I've already seen it.
Maybe I'll try Amatsuki, since I've read the manga.
Jul 9, 2015 10:05 AM

Apr 2014
nozetsu said:
Not picking up much next season, most of it feels repetitive, almost like I've already seen it.
Maybe I'll try Amatsuki, since I've read the manga.

Yo this thread is from 7 years ago.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Trailers!

atlantiza - Sep 20, 2007

23 by NearSky »»
Jul 9, 2015 10:14 AM

» winter anime schedule!

arcnae - Jan 21, 2015

0 by arcnae »»
Jan 21, 2015 6:14 PM

Sticky: Poll: » Winter 2013 Season Favorite

Kvakond - Mar 31, 2013

15 by Devlin »»
Feb 7, 2014 10:53 AM

» Fall 2013 Prospects

Harout - Aug 30, 2013

2 by Tomislavr7 »»
Nov 24, 2013 10:22 AM

Sticky: Poll: » Best of 2012 Voting

Kvakond - Feb 17, 2013

16 by bwub »»
Oct 22, 2013 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.