Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 30, 2012 12:32 PM
Dec 2007
Davyu said:
NateXsama said:
How exactly was this anywhere close to the perfect crime, minus that woman.

That's what I thought too. For god sakes he didn't even wear gloves. Also what the hell is with this logic? Yea I think I'm going to just kill my friend's uncle cause he's such an asshole. Always abusing my friend that I only knew for a few months. What the fuck?
In this arc Satoko and Keiichii actually bonded a hell lot...much more than the anime presents actually. Satoko even shows Keiichi her secret playground full of traps and so on. So, Satoko really got attached to him and Keiichi, as an only child felt he had a little sister.

But I guess this is what happens when you rush a long arc into 4-5 episodes.

Also, the point of the "perfect crime" is for the crime "never to be found". That's why he buried him and killed him somewhere no one could see them. Problem was that he messed up so from the start his friends already knew he had done something, there were also witnesses that saw him go to the woods with a shovel and Takano saw him.

As for how come his mother answered so nonchalantly, Keiichi actually asks in the original material about how would a perfect murder be presented in a mystery novel, because his mother loves them. That's why she starts going in detail about how no murder in a Mystery novel is "perfect" and goes into description as to why.
Leon-GunAug 30, 2012 12:38 PM

Aug 31, 2012 9:31 AM
Aug 2012
yakyuu-addict said:
babykeiji said:
No! She can't be possibly Mion. ^_^

Also, why does everyone in this town knows exactly what Keiichi is doing? Hahaha! He's cursed! XD

Keichii: It will be over "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni".

Love that part!

I'm just really amazed by how talented the seiyuus are here in Higurashi. They're just really talented! ^_^

I was thinking the same thing, everyone just seems to know what he is doing all the time.

I would not like to see Satako's Uncle's face.

Probably cuz Keichii is "new" to the town. People moved to the town very rarely and ofc they will "gossip" about the new guy in town.
Sep 21, 2012 6:33 AM

Feb 2011
Keiichi was really badass this ep , it takes guts to kill a man .
Sep 25, 2012 8:20 AM

Jan 2011
Oh no, my inner gumshoe senses are coming out.
Keiichi, this wasn't the perfect crime at all. You messed up from step one.

Oh well, at least you got the job done. :B
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Nov 14, 2012 11:46 PM

Oct 2012
I think am having a theorem of this curse..
It's a myth and people might have been taking the cotton festival as a chance to kill the people who they want ..and then they get some mental illness which makes them kill people every year...
That doesn't explain how people know about him and why some people disappear after being killed and some people's corpses are shown :?
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Nov 18, 2012 7:58 AM
Jan 2012
Wow, Keiichi is the (or one of) psycho this time. :O
Love the scene with him saying "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni".

Also, Takano is creepy as hell. ;O
Feb 5, 2013 11:11 PM

Sep 2012
This is ultra interesting. Screw sleeping. I am going to watch the next episode now!
Apr 18, 2013 11:32 AM
Aug 2011
>16 year old guy.
> Extremely intelligent.
> Has a problem with someone he doesn't know
> "I am going to kill him!",

Wtf?
Apr 20, 2013 6:03 AM
Nov 2012
From creepy to creepier. No wonder I like Higurashi :D

That guy, Keichii is damn stupid. The murder wasn't even properly executed.
Jul 16, 2013 12:44 AM

Feb 2011
Keichi could teach a thing or two to CIA hitmen, dat planning /sarcasm.
Jul 30, 2013 10:10 PM

May 2012
As soon as she said my trunk is full, I knew she murdered someone. The whole murder of the Uncle was pretty shitty, I mean the kid is stupid. Why would he bury a body so close to the road, why did he make the grave so shallow, and the best question, Does he really think the branches aren't suspicious?
I mean its not like its going to get windy and blow that stuff away is it? Also I wonder who filled in the hole he made at first.
Aug 10, 2013 10:01 PM

May 2013
The Satoshi Bat is back! Aaaaand Keiichi just threw it into the river.

Speaking of Satoshi, it was him who killed his own aunt!
And this time, Keiichi killed the uncle!
At least we got to see more of Keiichi's past.

I like this arc a lot. There's more bat swinging and less screaming at girls. Good job, Keiichi.
I also like how Keiichi said, "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni".
I'm still wondering how everyone knows what Keiichi is doing. Especially the mysterious Takano, who apparently killed someone too.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 29, 2013 5:18 AM

Jun 2013
Can someone please tell me why he brought his shovel back? He didn't even make an effort to hide it (or himself..) when the car appeared.
And people are all like "wow how did she know he buried a body??" ....
Nov 16, 2013 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
Keiichi is adapting to this town lol. Already iced someone (fourth episode doesn't count that was self-defense).

"The trunk is full..." Takano-san iced someone too that night. Was it Tomitake or someone else I wonder.
Dec 29, 2013 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
Well that was a not so perfect crime...he's already been caught.
Jan 14, 2014 10:06 PM
May 2013
WolfWood37 said:
Well that was a not so perfect crime...he's already been caught.
The village has eyes and ears
Scared Satoko is cute (in a creepy way)
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Keiichi is adapting to this town lol. Already iced someone (fourth episode doesn't count that was self-defense).

"The trunk is full..." Takano-san iced someone too that night. Was it Tomitake or someone else I wonder.
It would be awesome if the genius boy would realize that too .
Jan 15, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
Never go full psycho... Keichi passed that cap.

Weird Takano ghost is back. I'm sure she's the trigger of all the event. Oishi said in the last arc that she was already dead before they found her burned and even before the festival.

So Satoshi killed the aunt, but did he really did only that? I'm sure there's something more behind this.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 6, 2014 3:52 AM

Jan 2009
1. im surprised the mom wasn't even suspcious when keiichi asked about committing the perfect crime.

2. satoko's uncle got it comin

3. tanako is just beyond mysterious...
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 18, 2014 7:07 AM

Jun 2011
No offense but this is getting really stupid. I hope there is a reason to reveal the fact that this Keiichi dude is a genius, because.. obviously, he isn't. I have a lot of problem with Keiichi in this arc. Meh..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 12:07 PM
Feb 2013
Okay, this episode just picked up a bit.
Apr 23, 2014 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
Oh Higurashi, keep going you'll love it.
Apr 25, 2014 5:36 AM

Apr 2013
Actually I have no clue, what's the reason behind all of the murders, I think it really is supernatural and Oyashiro-samas curse.

And for being so smart and gifted, Keiichi is so goddamn stupid...
May 3, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2014
Another crazy episode...
Aug 26, 2014 9:23 PM
Dec 2013
Hory shet! She knows! X_X
Sep 23, 2014 2:43 PM

Aug 2013
I'm only one seeing parts which are puzzling everything into one story?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 31, 2014 12:14 AM

Nov 2013
OHHHH FUCKING SHIT! TAKANO KNOWS!!! I wonder if she just knew he murdered a guy because he was dumb enough to bring a shovel home with him on a rainy day or maybe it has something to do with Oyashiro's curse...3spooky5me

I don't understand why Keiichi could murder that guy and not feel any conflicting emotions while he brutally beat that guy to death. Maybe it was Oyashiro playing with his emotions...

Takano is so creepy yet so sexy.

That murder scene holy shit I got some serious chills...

My favorite episode so far! ABSOLUTELY SAVAGE! 5/5

Nov 3, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
Kept thinking something was going to go wrong... Fortunately it didn't, but that bike will definitely be his downfall.

I reckon Takano buried Tomitake after killing him in the hole that Keiichi had previously dug. But he could also be what was in her car's boot.
Dec 28, 2014 11:14 PM

Dec 2014

Again lol, I love this cap :O
Dec 29, 2014 1:31 PM

Dec 2014
willag said:

Addendum:
Okay, unlike most people on here, I DON'T agree with what Keichii did. I'm not saying the uncle, bastard that he is, didn't deserve being punished, but I dislike it when people take matters into their own hands and feel that they should play the part of judge and executioner. "You're worthless so you die." I'm sympathetic to the plight, but I normally don't agree with it. Or maybe I just don't like Keichii for always being such a stupid idiot (for as much as a "genius" that kid is, he sure doesn't use his brain).

I want to see the uncle's ass hauled off to jail. And Keichii's too. Even though the cop pissed me off in the episode, I was hoping the body would be found so that Keichii would go to jail.

And am I the only one getting creepy vibes from the Coach as well? Thanking Keichii for killing the uncle? Saying he wanted to marry Satoko in the first episode? That he loves her and wants to help her but won't do anything about it (he won't adopt her, which I'm assuming he's hesitant on pursuing because he really does want to marry her; not reporting the abuse, which I'm assuming he doesn't because he doesn't want her to be angry at him for going against her wishes). For some reason, he just screams pedo to me.
I agree. Except keichii doesnt need to go to jail if the police arrest the uncle in the first place. It upsets me when people get this mob like mentality and just agree with each other about KILLING someone. Thats not your place, you have no right. Hes a bad man and he should be punished legally.

How come NO ONE is mentioning the Coach/Director/nurse guy?? I mean I understand an older teen 17, 18, 19 maybe having a crush on a 14, 15year old... but he's a grown man no? like 21+ that makes me very uncomfortable because she looks 12, or 13yrs old. One minute he wants the marry her, then he says oh I want to adopt her and have her clean my house.Thats weird if you are old enough to essential adopt her in a father figure type way, you are too old. How would those bed time stories go? like what a twisted view.
LV_DawnDec 29, 2014 2:28 PM
Please add something new to the Thread. If you are just going to agree with everyone else, and not add anything significant, Please do NOT re-post/re-word/repeat what someone else has said. I hate reading 9pgs of parrots and copycats. #BEORIGINAL
Dec 29, 2014 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
Derpyderp said:
I know that the sroty arcs aren't in chronological order, but are the individual episodes in the arc in order or not? Because Takano already knew Keiiichi in episode 10. And she said: We met a few times on the road''. So is that the scene where Keiichi is picked up by Takano after he buried that corpse?

TRUE, And Someone on this Thread mentioned a singular story emerging between all these arcs I wish they'd share what clues they have seen. I am more so seeing back stories...
Please add something new to the Thread. If you are just going to agree with everyone else, and not add anything significant, Please do NOT re-post/re-word/repeat what someone else has said. I hate reading 9pgs of parrots and copycats. #BEORIGINAL
Jan 24, 2015 6:02 PM

Aug 2014
Keiichi is the worse criminal I've seen.
Jan 26, 2015 7:27 PM

Jan 2014
keiichi's pretty dumb for a genius... didn't even know where the police station was smh
Feb 6, 2015 11:16 PM
Jan 2015
Aw I love this series!
Mar 22, 2015 12:58 AM
Nov 2014
Keiichi what have you done lol.

Takano knew about it too, there will be hell to pay.
Apr 22, 2015 8:15 PM

Feb 2013
Yay, crazy blonde chick is getting more screen time this arc :D. So her trunk is full and she already has a bike in the back of her car, pretty suspicious. I wonder if Keiichi is gonna be the one responsible for her death this time around.

Keiichi has to be the worst murderer Ive ever seen though. Seriously all that crap about the perfect crime....and that was his plan lmao? Also does anyone else find it strange that they never show the mothers face? Its kind of creepy to be honest.
Shape430Apr 22, 2015 8:28 PM
Aug 1, 2015 5:42 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, Keiichi.

Takano has always seemed kind of off to me, but she was just plain creepy in this episode. Her eyes and the way she talks just scream "danger" to me.
Nov 4, 2015 11:02 PM

Oct 2014
Is Keiichi really a genius? It seems like he's not. lol Or maybe it has something to do with his transfer to the village, like he suddenly went stupid.

I feel like somethings up with Takano's full trunk. I hope that it becomes a key in the story later on.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Jan 2, 2016 4:33 PM

Sep 2015
This MC is so incredibly stupid... Really really stupid. And you're telling me that this fool was considered genius back in his previous school?? looololololoool was this motherf*cker actually walking by the side of the road, with a bike on one hand and a shovel on the other, with his clothes all dirty with mud, on a rainy day, (...) AFTER burying someone??!! C'MOON Keichii.... You don't have to try THAT hard to be caught...

Treasure hunting my ass... I hope he doesn't get away with it.
So much BULLSH*T going on... jeez
TchamiJan 2, 2016 4:35 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2017 8:09 AM
Jan 2012
I find interesting that Takano is always present on the right places. Like, she doesn't get a lot of screen time, but she tends to be part of the big moments, in a way or another. So weird. Maybe she is the culprit behind everything. Maybe she is a demon, witch or something. Who knows?

Anyways, I want them to prove me that Keiichi is really smart. So far, he has been making a lot of questionable decisions and not only in this arc, but during the whole show (again, so far).
Mar 8, 2017 8:05 PM

Feb 2016
This episode is a bit weak. They went into significant detail about this supposed brainiac and the amount of fk ups in this botched job is over 9000!

1) Asking mion to take satoko after already asking her to kill satoko's uncle.

2) Worst excuse for asking Mion to take Satoko, I would've at least said the recent violent alteration had made things weird. EVEN AFTER MION IMMEDIATELY SUSPECTED KEI'S ACTIONS AND PROVEN OBSERVABLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE CASE OF SATOSHI.

3) Asking her mother about the perfect crime instead of doing your own damn investigation, even doing it at home, online is preferrable. The first thing detective Oishi will ask her mother (probably the first to be asked) is what conversation did you have in the few days before Satoshi's uncle went missing and anything weird.

4) Walking around the main road with a shovel. Not suspicious at all genius in a horribly rainy day and covered in mud. In this day and age, the only acceptable reason for the average citizen to be hauling around a shovel is on their own damn property, dutifully working on their garden most likely.

5) The grave is literally 10 METRES AWAY FROM THE ROAD. You know those dead bodies you find years after an investigation hit a dead end? They were kilometres deep into the forest and only an observant hiker found nuances on the ground or the body had started to stick out for whatever reason.

6) It can't be helped, but at least some attempt at an alibi would be nice. Taking a long time alone in finishing the job doesn't ring any alarm bells on a festive day in a small village? It should be a quick job so that people can vouch for your presence and sneaking out at night to clean up the mess. Not ON A FKIN' FESTIVAL DAY, WHERE YOUR LACK OF PRESENCE IS IMMEDIATELY NOTICEABLE AMONGST A GROUP OF TIGHT NIT FRIENDS.

Johan laughs at your attempts Kei-chan.
Cloud_IllusionsMar 8, 2017 8:10 PM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Sep 5, 2017 3:26 PM

May 2015
Keichi. You are gonna die again, do you? :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 7, 2018 2:28 PM

Sep 2017
mitsukuni07 said:
i liked the part when Keiichi said, "higurashi no naku koro ni".

Title drop. The end.

Keiichi did a NICE killing of the uncle. But yeah, I knew something was up with that horny woman. I didn't believe Keiichi would actually carry a shovel. That hole getting filled really made me know that something was up.

Seems like I was right on the parallel universe stuff. The cycle in the back is Keiichi's cycle from the previous timeline, and that horny woman is probably Higurashi's equivalent of the Doctor from Doctor Who.

I think that the horny woman is actually Satoshi's mom. Both are blonde. Doesn't it make sense? And in the previous timeline, she never met Satako, right?

Higurashi+Keiichi getting laid=School Days+mystery.
JeremiahOrangeApr 7, 2018 2:31 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 11, 2019 10:16 AM

Aug 2018
I bet there was a damn corpse in the trunk of the car as well. Maybe of the cameraman.
Keiichi may be smart but he's not smart enough. He screwed up too much, he even left the bicycle near the crime scene. Also he's lucky that it started to rain so the blood would get washed away. I mean what was his plan to hide the blood? Seriously who the hell thinks beating a person to death with a bat would be the perfect crime? Also lmao Keiichi's mother seems like an expert in murder.

He's already a murderer so he might just decide to kill that lady, steal her car and run away. Maybe they'll team up or something, who knows.
My body is not ready for the next episode, Keiichi is gonna die again isn't he.
<Insert clever quote>
Jul 23, 2019 10:21 AM
Apr 2016
Goddamn Keiichi did such a horrible job doing it, he killed him fine, but covering it up...insanely choppy.
Aug 31, 2019 5:00 PM

Mar 2019
Now I understand Keiichi's behavior better because I know his traumas. I have the theory that Satoshi may be some kind of Keiichi from another timeline or something like that. I'm confused @__@
Nov 18, 2019 3:43 AM

Feb 2019
the uncle well deserved this, too bad keiichi got caught somehow
Dec 31, 2019 3:14 AM

Dec 2013
Why does Keiichi needs to think about killing someone when he can do something different to have that uncle imprisoned or what? Like framing him up?

Anyway, Keiichi acts really suspiciously so I would not be surprised if people will find out. Aside from that he should have thrown out the shovel too.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 31, 2020 5:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wasn't he supposed to be super duper smart? Throw the shovel away in the first place and think of an excuse later on, man.

Pretty tense episode, nonetheless. Having serious doubts over this clinic lady. Mion in disguise? Would certainly add up to Arc 2's finale but then for what motive? Besides, she's been a little too tame this arc so there's definitely something wrong there, I reckon.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 23, 2020 8:56 AM

Sep 2018
For a supposed genius, Keiichi sure left a lot of holes in his supposedly perfect plan. There's gonna be fingerprints all over that crime scene, and he spent days beforehand acting shifty as all hell. And seriously, he didn't even think to come up with a cover story for why he was walking home in the rain without an umbrella, covered in mud, with a shovel in hand?
Apr 24, 2020 12:01 AM

Feb 2018
This is an fking family, lol.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.