Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 8, 2010 7:38 PM

Jul 2009
willag said:
Just because Mion is not the villain in this arc doesn't mean she doesn't have a "demon" inside of her.

Is it really Mion? Because from what I am seeing, it seems much more that Shion is the one carrying that ''devilish' personnality, whereas Mion looks quite responsible and sane. It seems very twited, but I believe the way they act can be differentiated.
Jul 10, 2010 12:28 AM

Dec 2008
cheerioz said:
willag said:
Just because Mion is not the villain in this arc doesn't mean she doesn't have a "demon" inside of her.

Is it really Mion? Because from what I am seeing, it seems much more that Shion is the one carrying that ''devilish' personnality, whereas Mion looks quite responsible and sane. It seems very twited, but I believe the way they act can be differentiated.

Your good.
Jul 10, 2010 12:57 PM

Jul 2009
Sempie said:
cheerioz said:
willag said:

Your good.

Meh, it would be a so-so
cheeriozJul 10, 2010 1:02 PM
Jul 18, 2010 3:31 AM

Dec 2008
traed said:
This is how i think the conversation keiichi had should have gone
Keiichi: "hmm how do i commit the perfect crime...............hey mom!!!!!!!"
his mom: "the first step is to not ask someone how to commit the perfect crime" lmao xD

THIS!!! I seriously was like, "Yes, the perfect way to ask about how to perform a perfect crime is to just ask about it bluntly." And his mother's right, if a crime is in a detective novel, it can be solved. That's where they get their appeal, durr. :P

Kind of like how this series makes you think... and LOL @ Keichii saying "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" as well.
Sep 18, 2010 4:37 PM

Dec 2009
Perhaps my favorite episode in the series thus far
Such junk...
Oct 11, 2010 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
I actually felt sorry for the Uncle...i dont think he deserved to die..

But given the circumstances, I guess there was really no other route to ensure Satoko's safety.

The depth of the characters and plot is extremely good.

5/5!
Oct 14, 2010 4:37 PM

Nov 2009
HAHA Keichii really messed up!!! shouldnt he know every1 in that town has the power 2 tell the future and stuff lol jkjkjk but it seems like it!!! hehe i liked when he said "When the Cicada's cry its all over." and then they cried and i was like oh noes its all over!!! but it was only the half way point ahaha and WOW he shouldnt have killed that guy!!! i mean how does Keichii KNOW it was that guy hurting her??? it could have just been Satako... but anyway it was pretty funny how everything was going wrong for Keichii!!!
Oct 15, 2010 12:58 AM

Mar 2010
keichi was pretty BA

poor little white hamster i think its a hamster

also i dont see why keichi was so suprised

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 22, 2010 9:22 PM

Sep 2010
yea weird how everyone knows what Keiichi is doing.

Takano sure is creepy

Nov 2, 2010 3:52 PM

Aug 2010
When Keiichi said "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" I couldn't help but just have a giant grin on my face. Clever way to use the title
Nov 11, 2010 3:14 PM

Jul 2009
It was pretty much implied for a while that Keiichi was going to kill Satako's uncle but damn it was brutal as hell. I seriously want to know what Takano has to do with all this soon ;o
Jan 30, 2011 7:11 AM

Oct 2010
Keiichi killed some one !?!
i am starting to think that maybe every one is a killer ?
Feb 11, 2011 4:37 PM

Feb 2011
I loved this episode! I must wait to see the next one, sadly. I wonder how this chapter will turn out! Can't be good, though.
And Keichii's laugh reminded me just a little bit of Light's from Death Note. Don't know why, because Keichii's not NEARLY as evil!
Feb 18, 2011 5:03 AM

Dec 2010
This. Was. Incredible. Best episode of the series so far, no question. And yes, loved "It will be over Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" :-D

The tension and atmosphere in this ep was amazing...and the music for the 'next ep' segment at the end really sends chills down my spine.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
May 6, 2011 11:20 PM

Feb 2010
Yaaaay for Killer Keiichi!!
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

May 22, 2011 9:44 PM

Nov 2010
i'm watching this right now... i think satoko mudered her brother
May 22, 2011 10:17 PM

Nov 2010
Oceansoul said:
It was such a relief when Keichi finally caught up Satoko's uncle! I was afraid he escaped..

that'd be impossible since keiichi always does exactly as satoshi no matter what happens
Jun 5, 2011 12:02 AM

Oct 2008
Wow.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 6, 2011 12:02 AM
Jul 2010
This becomes more twisted each episode. Instead of "anyone can die" it seems like we have a "anyone can kill" trope here. Besides, Tanako is wired. I've been saying that for a couple of episodes now but the sensation becomes worse in each episode. I think she's the one who filled Keiichi's hole, aka. she killed someone and buried him.
Sep 29, 2011 2:25 PM

Aug 2011
I know that the sroty arcs aren't in chronological order, but are the individual episodes in the arc in order or not? Because Takano already knew Keiiichi in episode 10. And she said: We met a few times on the road''. So is that the scene where Keiichi is picked up by Takano after he buried that corpse?
Oct 31, 2011 3:02 PM
Oct 2011
The bat strikes again :P
Jan 12, 2012 6:51 PM

Dec 2009
Interesting, Keiichi went even more insane now lol
Jan 14, 2012 6:48 PM

Aug 2008
My favorite part of this episode was the conversation with his mother. I wonder if that conversation means more to the rest of the series than it did in just this episode.
Mar 15, 2012 1:35 AM

Nov 2011
ExquisiteDefect said:
My favorite part of this episode was the conversation with his mother. I wonder if that conversation means more to the rest of the series than it did in just this episode.

I think that was clever, how it appeared the mom was talking about something unrelated yet she was referring the confusing introduction behind "this" mystery novel, and how it is vital to the overall story.

On another note, heavy character development on the part of Keiichi.Also really good to see he's not always the victim (Hopefully I don't jynx the next ep) and finally getting an evil laugh of his own.
Apr 24, 2012 5:50 PM

Jan 2012
Since the very beginning I always held Takano as a suspect and when I knew this show hd "arcs" and she always turns up to be found "missing" i knew she wasn't missing and somehow every arc with every creepy turn has something to do with her.

Plus she always does that weird face expression so something was up. Love how this show makes me get involved is like I am a detective xD
Jul 6, 2012 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
How exactly was this anywhere close to the perfect crime, minus that woman.
Jul 19, 2012 12:28 AM

Jun 2012
I think everyone is forgetting that he already added 2 to his kill count at the end of the first arc...

So this means Kechii is up to 3 kills now. I wanna see if he can get to 4!
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 27, 2012 4:54 AM

Dec 2011
For some inexplicable reason, when Takano said her car's boot was already full... I had this horrible sensation that there was a body inside it (maybe Tomitake's?)
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Jul 31, 2012 10:43 PM

Feb 2012
This episode stressed the crap out of me...

Takano is scary.
Aug 30, 2012 11:08 AM

Dec 2009
NateXsama said:

That's what I thought too. For god sakes he didn't even wear gloves. Also what the hell is with this logic? Yea I think I'm going to just kill my friend's uncle cause he's such an asshole. Always abusing my friend that I only knew for a few months. What the fuck?
Aug 30, 2012 12:32 PM
Dec 2007
Davyu said:
NateXsama said:

That's what I thought too. For god sakes he didn't even wear gloves. Also what the hell is with this logic? Yea I think I'm going to just kill my friend's uncle cause he's such an asshole. Always abusing my friend that I only knew for a few months. What the fuck?
In this arc Satoko and Keiichii actually bonded a hell lot...much more than the anime presents actually. Satoko even shows Keiichi her secret playground full of traps and so on. So, Satoko really got attached to him and Keiichi, as an only child felt he had a little sister.

But I guess this is what happens when you rush a long arc into 4-5 episodes.

Also, the point of the "perfect crime" is for the crime "never to be found". That's why he buried him and killed him somewhere no one could see them. Problem was that he messed up so from the start his friends already knew he had done something, there were also witnesses that saw him go to the woods with a shovel and Takano saw him.

As for how come his mother answered so nonchalantly, Keiichi actually asks in the original material about how would a perfect murder be presented in a mystery novel, because his mother loves them. That's why she starts going in detail about how no murder in a Mystery novel is "perfect" and goes into description as to why.
Leon-GunAug 30, 2012 12:38 PM

Aug 31, 2012 9:31 AM
Aug 2012
yakyuu-addict said:
babykeiji said:
No! She can't be possibly Mion. ^_^

Also, why does everyone in this town knows exactly what Keiichi is doing? Hahaha! He's cursed! XD

Keichii: It will be over "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni".

Love that part!

I'm just really amazed by how talented the seiyuus are here in Higurashi. They're just really talented! ^_^

I was thinking the same thing, everyone just seems to know what he is doing all the time.

I would not like to see Satako's Uncle's face.

Probably cuz Keichii is "new" to the town. People moved to the town very rarely and ofc they will "gossip" about the new guy in town.
Sep 21, 2012 6:33 AM

Feb 2011
Keiichi was really badass this ep , it takes guts to kill a man .
Sep 25, 2012 8:20 AM

Jan 2011
Oh no, my inner gumshoe senses are coming out.
Keiichi, this wasn't the perfect crime at all. You messed up from step one.

Oh well, at least you got the job done. :B
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Nov 14, 2012 11:46 PM

Oct 2012
I think am having a theorem of this curse..
It's a myth and people might have been taking the cotton festival as a chance to kill the people who they want ..and then they get some mental illness which makes them kill people every year...
That doesn't explain how people know about him and why some people disappear after being killed and some people's corpses are shown :?
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Nov 18, 2012 7:58 AM
Jan 2012
Wow, Keiichi is the (or one of) psycho this time. :O
Love the scene with him saying "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni".

Also, Takano is creepy as hell. ;O
Feb 5, 2013 11:11 PM

Sep 2012
This is ultra interesting. Screw sleeping. I am going to watch the next episode now!
Apr 18, 2013 11:32 AM
Aug 2011
>16 year old guy.
> Extremely intelligent.
> Has a problem with someone he doesn't know
> "I am going to kill him!",

Wtf?
Apr 20, 2013 6:03 AM
Nov 2012
From creepy to creepier. No wonder I like Higurashi :D

That guy, Keichii is damn stupid. The murder wasn't even properly executed.
Jul 16, 2013 12:44 AM

Feb 2011
Keichi could teach a thing or two to CIA hitmen, dat planning /sarcasm.
Jul 30, 2013 10:10 PM

May 2012
As soon as she said my trunk is full, I knew she murdered someone. The whole murder of the Uncle was pretty shitty, I mean the kid is stupid. Why would he bury a body so close to the road, why did he make the grave so shallow, and the best question, Does he really think the branches aren't suspicious?
I mean its not like its going to get windy and blow that stuff away is it? Also I wonder who filled in the hole he made at first.
Aug 10, 2013 10:01 PM

May 2013
The Satoshi Bat is back! Aaaaand Keiichi just threw it into the river.

Speaking of Satoshi, it was him who killed his own aunt!
And this time, Keiichi killed the uncle!
At least we got to see more of Keiichi's past.

I like this arc a lot. There's more bat swinging and less screaming at girls. Good job, Keiichi.
I also like how Keiichi said, "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni".
I'm still wondering how everyone knows what Keiichi is doing. Especially the mysterious Takano, who apparently killed someone too.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 29, 2013 5:18 AM

Jun 2013
Can someone please tell me why he brought his shovel back? He didn't even make an effort to hide it (or himself..) when the car appeared.
And people are all like "wow how did she know he buried a body??" ....
Nov 16, 2013 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
Keiichi is adapting to this town lol. Already iced someone (fourth episode doesn't count that was self-defense).

"The trunk is full..." Takano-san iced someone too that night. Was it Tomitake or someone else I wonder.
Dec 29, 2013 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
Well that was a not so perfect crime...he's already been caught.
Jan 14, 2014 10:06 PM
May 2013
WolfWood37 said:
Well that was a not so perfect crime...he's already been caught.
The village has eyes and ears
Scared Satoko is cute (in a creepy way)
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Keiichi is adapting to this town lol. Already iced someone (fourth episode doesn't count that was self-defense).

"The trunk is full..." Takano-san iced someone too that night. Was it Tomitake or someone else I wonder.
It would be awesome if the genius boy would realize that too .
Jan 15, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
Never go full psycho... Keichi passed that cap.

Weird Takano ghost is back. I'm sure she's the trigger of all the event. Oishi said in the last arc that she was already dead before they found her burned and even before the festival.

So Satoshi killed the aunt, but did he really did only that? I'm sure there's something more behind this.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 6, 2014 3:52 AM

Jan 2009
1. im surprised the mom wasn't even suspcious when keiichi asked about committing the perfect crime.

2. satoko's uncle got it comin

3. tanako is just beyond mysterious...
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 18, 2014 7:07 AM

Jun 2011
No offense but this is getting really stupid. I hope there is a reason to reveal the fact that this Keiichi dude is a genius, because.. obviously, he isn't. I have a lot of problem with Keiichi in this arc. Meh..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 12:07 PM
Feb 2013
Okay, this episode just picked up a bit.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.