Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 21, 2020 2:40 AM

Dec 2019
the whole time i couldn’t help but think he was going to kill the wrong person.. and the car going by? hmm..
Mar 10, 2021 7:38 PM

May 2020
What a horrifying episode seeing Keiichi descend down this dark path. I wonder who's bike it was in the back of the car. Based on what we know about Keiichi following a similar path to Satoshi, my guess is that Takano also ran into Satoshi the year before and the bike could be his. Another guess Takano knowing about what Keiichi did is that her car was the one that drove by Keiichi while he was trying to hide the crime. Of course, it could also just be Takano making a dark joke.
Apr 19, 2021 3:36 AM

Jun 2020
My head hurts watching this show. But in a good way. Omg when Keiichi started batting at the uncle I was like o_____________O ok......

Takano totally used the pit that he dug. How else is it gone lolllllol. If it’s like the other arcs & the photographer always dies it’s probably him methinks. What’s up with this crazy bitch!!!!!! So unsettling. Her trunk is full indeed lolllol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 24, 2021 1:58 AM

Feb 2014
In the first chapter I still took everything that happened seriously, so it still was really exciting. When the second chapter started, I thought it's gonna fill some info holes and I was still okay with it, even though the suspense I had felt before declined a lot after getting the feeling that nothing that happened would acutally be of any consequence. By now, the feeling of suspense I feel is pretty much dead. I dont want to drop the anime because it still has a lot of promise, but it's hard to care about what happens when it's not relevant anymore 3 episodes later...
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Jun 24, 2021 7:50 AM

Oct 2016
Ishiryoku said:
In the first chapter I still took everything that happened seriously, so it still was really exciting. When the second chapter started, I thought it's gonna fill some info holes and I was still okay with it, even though the suspense I had felt before declined a lot after getting the feeling that nothing that happened would acutally be of any consequence. By now, the feeling of suspense I feel is pretty much dead. I dont want to drop the anime because it still has a lot of promise, but it's hard to care about what happens when it's not relevant anymore 3 episodes later...

You need to watch completely till the end. Heck, even that wouldn't be enough. You need to watch Higurashi Kai, the second season/sequel, to understand completely, unless you read the visual novel, which covers both the first and second/Kai seasons of the anime.

Try to note the clues and what happened in each "timeline", the questions will be solved as a whole eventually.
Jun 24, 2021 3:13 PM
May 2021
so I'm coming into this series mostly blind, and honestly, keiichi is a much better protagonist than I expected - I was sort of afraid he'd end up being a generic nice guy but he's shown fear and desperation very well and hell, he committed murder for someone this episode!
b]Respect the funyarinpa.[/b]
Jun 24, 2021 3:15 PM
May 2021

You need to watch completely till the end. Heck, even that wouldn't be enough. You need to watch Higurashi Kai, the second season/sequel, to understand completely, unless you read the visual novel, which covers both the first and second/Kai seasons of the anime.

Try to note the clues and what happened in each "timeline", the questions will be solved as a whole eventually.[/quote]

is there any material that isn't necessary to fully understand the story? I want to watch everything that is at least semi-canon
Jun 25, 2021 9:04 PM

Oct 2016
f-funyarinpa said:

is there any material that isn't necessary to fully understand the story? I want to watch everything that is at least semi-canon

I think everything in this season and the next season (Higurashi Kai) are all canon. I haven't watched Kai, though, but I read the synopsis without worry of spoiler, since I finished the visual novel first.

The visual novels for PC are the original source material, consist of 8 arcs (4 question arcs: onikakushi, watanagashi, tatarigoroshi, himatsubushi; 4 answer arcs: meakashi, tsumihoroboshi, minagoroshi, matsuribayashi), and cover both anime seasons above with more details. If you have the money and time, I suggest reading the visual novels. They're quite pricey and time consuming, but it worths all the costs.

There are more visual novels for platforms other than PC (PS2, PSP, NDS, etc.), but since I don't own the other platforms, I only read the PC visual novels. I don't know if they're canon or not.

There are actually more Higurashi anime other than this season and Kai. One of them is titled Higurashi Rei. You can access the information pages from this season's MAL page (https://myanimelist.net/anime/934/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni), under the "Related Anime" tab.

And finally there's the new 2020 "Higurashi Gou". It is said that it's a remake of the first season, but it's actually a sequel after the first season and second season/Kai. I don't recommend watching it unless you finished this season and Kai.

Also the upcoming July 2021 "Higurashi Sotsu" is supposed to be the sequel to Gou.

If you don't want to invest much money and time in Higurashi, you can just finish this season and then go watch Kai.

EDIT: Actually Higurashi Rei is a sequel to Kai and prequel to Gou, but I don't think it's canon, or at least it's not as important as the main seasons.
flashholterJun 25, 2021 9:10 PM
Jun 27, 2021 12:10 PM
May 2021
flashholter said:
f-funyarinpa said:

I think everything in this season and the next season (Higurashi Kai) are all canon. I haven't watched Kai, though, but I read the synopsis without worry of spoiler, since I finished the visual novel first.

The visual novels for PC are the original source material, consist of 8 arcs (4 question arcs: onikakushi, watanagashi, tatarigoroshi, himatsubushi; 4 answer arcs: meakashi, tsumihoroboshi, minagoroshi, matsuribayashi), and cover both anime seasons above with more details. If you have the money and time, I suggest reading the visual novels. They're quite pricey and time consuming, but it worths all the costs.

There are more visual novels for platforms other than PC (PS2, PSP, NDS, etc.), but since I don't own the other platforms, I only read the PC visual novels. I don't know if they're canon or not.

There are actually more Higurashi anime other than this season and Kai. One of them is titled Higurashi Rei. You can access the information pages from this season's MAL page (https://myanimelist.net/anime/934/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni), under the "Related Anime" tab.

And finally there's the new 2020 "Higurashi Gou". It is said that it's a remake of the first season, but it's actually a sequel after the first season and second season/Kai. I don't recommend watching it unless you finished this season and Kai.

Also the upcoming July 2021 "Higurashi Sotsu" is supposed to be the sequel to Gou.

If you don't want to invest much money and time in Higurashi, you can just finish this season and then go watch Kai.

EDIT: Actually Higurashi Rei is a sequel to Kai and prequel to Gou, but I don't think it's canon, or at least it's not as important as the main seasons.

thank you so much, this helps a lot!! when i get the chance, i'll try to get some of the visual novels (when i'm not poor).
Jun 27, 2021 4:43 PM

Oct 2016
f-funyarinpa said:
thank you so much, this helps a lot!! when i get the chance, i'll try to get some of the visual novels (when i'm not poor).

No problem! I'm glad it helps.
Aug 14, 2021 3:03 PM

Jul 2021
I was slowly losing interest in this anime, but this episode reignited the spark. Very tense & well done. I liked the part where Keichi's mom gives him the idea for the murder.
Dec 14, 2021 8:04 AM

Jun 2020
Well Well. This episode had many revaltions. Interesting!

Dec 20, 2021 7:38 PM
Dec 2017
another strange and bizzare episode.

May 31, 2022 10:59 AM
Nov 2020
Bullshit this guy has a high IQ lol would have tried to make it look like an accident or set himself up a decent alibi.
Aug 21, 2022 4:26 PM

Mar 2019
I really like how different all the chapters feel (at least so far). The characters are mostly the same but they all play distinct roles every time. I certainly did not expect Keiichi to be responsible for one of the murders.
Takano could be the one link between timelines, she sounds like she knows what happened in some other scenarios. I sure do wonder why her car's trunk is full. :)))
OωO
Aug 28, 2022 8:43 AM

Feb 2021
Damn, so Satoshi didn't just run away, he had beaten his aunt to death and then run away. The drug addict might have been a passerby who stumbled upon the crime scene.

So Keiichi is a damn smart kid huh? He was bullied for being smart at school. No wonder he was teaching Mion who's older than him in the first episode.

I mean, the murder was wrong, but was it really wrong? Was it morally incorrect? I neither agree nor disagree with this. Idk why.

Takano seems like a lady with some dark secrets but so far, she has been really sweet to everyone. I think she was also hiding a body in the trunk of the car.

Sep 21, 2022 3:04 AM

Mar 2021
Big brain move there.
Oct 24, 2022 1:52 PM
Nov 2021
They literally said "I'm the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni"
Nov 26, 2022 5:52 PM

Aug 2014
Couldnt he have worn a mask or heltmet? And also couldnt he have worn a different attire (given, anime logic of same clothes). Hes supposed to be a high IQ guy, but doesnt look like it.
Jun 28, 2023 11:25 PM

Dec 2020
well damn. keiichi was kinda badass in this ep lol. i really like the voice acting it really fits the characters .. takano is so odd
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.