Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2008 3:22 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i liked the part when Keiichi said, "higurashi no naku koro ni".
hehe. XD
oh, and, takano-san was mysterious back then.
she knew Keiichi actually buried a body.
Mar 6, 2008 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
holy cow , I was not expecting that!! D:
lol does everyone have a turn at being the murderer or what
plus Takano-san is really creepy...
Apr 5, 2008 12:32 PM
Apr 2008
having only watched the series up to this point, i strongly suspect that

Apr 8, 2008 5:29 PM

Apr 2008
I loved this episode :D
Apr 15, 2008 9:50 AM

Feb 2008
No! She can't be possibly Mion. ^_^

Also, why does everyone in this town knows exactly what Keiichi is doing? Hahaha! He's cursed! XD

Keichii: It will be over "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni".

Love that part!

I'm just really amazed by how talented the seiyuus are here in Higurashi. They're just really talented! ^_^
May 28, 2008 12:46 PM

Jun 2007
It was such a relief when Keichi finally caught up Satoko's uncle! I was afraid he escaped..
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jun 4, 2008 10:52 PM

Sep 2007
Plot twist for the win!
Loved when Keichi said "It will be over higurashi no naku koro ni."xD
Though, the mentioning of Keichi going to kill the uncle was sprung onto me kinda fast. :s

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jul 6, 2008 8:17 AM

Jun 2008
Woow... Keiichi... anger management?? xD

But that was mysterious.... a cliffhanger of an ending .__.
And that uncle deserved to die =_=

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 7, 2008 9:02 PM

Dec 2007
Read this only if you've seen Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai all the way through.

#NBHNC
Jul 8, 2008 2:01 PM

May 2008
@ I'll try not to be tempted by that spoiler.

Anyway...It will be over soon! Higurashi no Naku Koro ni! ^.^

But for someone smart Keiichi isn't THAT smart though,he could've given himself away on the phone...at least the uncle is a retard and didn't suspect a thing.
And Takano started to show her creepiness,she somehow knew everything - BUSTED~!! :X
Jul 19, 2008 9:51 PM

Mar 2008
This is the first arc where everyone isnt crazy lol

This is how i think the conversation keiichi had should have gone
Keiichi: "hmm how do i commit the perfect crime...............hey mom!!!!!!!"
his mom: "the first step is to not ask someone how to commit the perfect crime" lmao xD

Jul 22, 2008 5:55 AM

Jul 2008
Right on keichi!!! satoko-chans ucnle doesnt deservere to live grrrr!!

this ep didnt creep me out :o nice nice xD next ep!!!!

Grtz lsumi
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Aug 18, 2008 9:47 PM

May 2008
WTF Keiichi became the crazy one this episode.
Never thought that'd happen.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 1, 2008 9:04 PM

Jul 2008
It's about time Keiichi got his kill on. But for someone that is so smart, he didn't do a good job of covering it up. Mion already knew Keiichi wanted Satoko's uncle dead and then he's mysteriously not around when he goes missing. And carrying around the shovel he used to dig the hole is not very smart. Hmm.. I wonder if he'll get caugt AND killed in this arc.
Oct 26, 2008 5:57 PM

Aug 2008
mitsukuni07 said:
i liked the part when Keiichi said, "higurashi no naku koro ni".
hehe. XD

And now I understand the meaning behind the serie's tittle!!
"The Moment the Cicadas Cry," makes a hell of alot more sence now!

traed said:
This is how i think the conversation keiichi had should have gone
Keiichi: "hmm how do i commit the perfect crime...............hey mom!!!!!!!"
his mom: "the first step is to not ask someone how to commit the perfect crime" lmao xD

ROFL! =D

Keiichi's first kill in a reality! Way to go! Now he is the one messed up, not our little cute lolis! :P
Oct 31, 2008 3:26 AM

Jun 2007
lol wow so we have a girl that's crazy (Rena), we have an ogre girl that has split personality's (Mion), and we have Keiichi who just wants to protect his friends anyway possible. What next? A miko (Rika) that summons spirits to kill people XD?

From the way things are going I don't even think there is "One" true mastermind behind the killings. It all just seems random and spur of the moment.
Nov 2, 2008 12:37 PM

Apr 2008
Great episode! Keiichi actually horrified me some. @.@ And here I thought he was a good boy.

DeathfireD said:
From the way things are going I don't even think there is "One" true mastermind behind the killings. It all just seems random and spur of the moment.

That's what I'm thinking too. The beginning was just a reunion of the surviving killers telling the stories of what they did back then.
Nov 8, 2008 4:38 AM

Feb 2008
DeathfireD said:
lol wow so we have a girl that's crazy (Rena), we have an ogre girl that has split personality's (Mion), and we have Keiichi who just wants to protect his friends anyway possible. What next? A miko (Rika) that summons spirits to kill people XD?

You're right and that's.... Wahahaha! You need to watch it.

PeanutSteak said:
Read this only if you've seen Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai all the way through.

Well yeah, I'm rewatching now. DO NOT OPEN when you haven't finished Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai.

babykeijiNov 8, 2008 4:47 AM
Dec 7, 2008 5:13 PM

Jul 2008
babykeiji said:

Also, why does everyone in this town knows exactly what Keiichi is doing? Hahaha! He's cursed! XD

Love that part!

I'm just really amazed by how talented the seiyuus are here in Higurashi. They're just really talented! ^_^

I was thinking the same thing, everyone just seems to know what he is doing all the time.

I would not like to see Satako's Uncle's face.
Dec 13, 2008 9:56 AM

Dec 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
babykeiji said:

Love that part!

I was thinking the same thing, everyone just seems to know what he is doing all the time.

I would not like to see Satako's Uncle's face.

Keichii is darn stupid oso to bring a shovel along while going home after burrying that guy. That aside, I cant seem to think of a logical explanation why everyone seem to know what Keichii is up to all the time. Unless... its really the CURSE! muhahahaha.....
Jan 21, 2009 3:08 PM
May 2008
What a twist!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Feb 15, 2009 8:32 AM

Aug 2008
this anime is so awesome... i just hope to get some answers about what the curse is really all about, the different story arcs... so much left unanswered!
Apr 12, 2009 5:23 PM

Feb 2009
soo weird i thought this arc would be satoko killing somebody... not keichiii!!

ehmmm why does everyone knows what keichii is doing all around the town?
Jun 8, 2009 3:07 AM
Apr 2009
Keiichi is dumb for asking his mom how to commit the perfect murder. Yeah, because that's such a common conversation-starter.

I know I wanted more bat-swinging, but now I don't know anymore. I was probably the only who kind of hoped that the uncle would escape.

I always found Takano creepy. It's the way she talks...
Jun 14, 2009 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
Finally some bat swing action !
Jun 29, 2009 9:56 PM

May 2009
Well that was creepy, anyway didn't anyone notice keiichi mentioned he misonderstood satoshi? I don't get what that's supposed to mean...
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 16, 2009 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
i had a family guy moment lol
"ah! ah! he said it!"
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Aug 7, 2009 11:58 AM

Dec 2007
Whose bike was in the back of her car?
Aug 8, 2009 8:17 PM
Jul 2009
pacuuuuu3 said:
Well that was creepy, anyway didn't anyone notice keiichi mentioned he misonderstood satoshi? I don't get what that's supposed to mean...

He though Satoshi just ran away from their problem when in actuality he did something about it. By killing the aunt, he drove away the uncle. But in the end, he came back anyway.

Animatronix said:

I don't know but her trunk was loaded.

Kei going all psycho is weird. For someone supposedly smart he's made some big mistakes. For example:
1. The phone call summoning the uncle to the station when he didn't even know where it was.
2. Throwing away the scooter when he could have used it to ferry the body.
3. Losing his hole.
4. The excuse about going to the dam when he was in the complete opposite direction.
5. Not throwing away the shovel. (Though he did get rid of the bat)

Also, he seems to be extremely fond of that bat for using it in a second scenario. That's the third person he beat to death.

Though his mistakes are forgiven because that whole time he was in the act, it had my heart beating pretty fast.

To the person that said they suspected that Takano to be Mion:
I don't know where you could come up with that after seeing Them both in the same scene during the Mion-Shoin Arc.
Aug 12, 2009 7:19 PM

Aug 2007
Wow my heart was pounding when he was killing that poor bastard.
omg twist ending. AMAZING.
Sep 5, 2009 10:50 PM

Aug 2009
Finally, Keiichi's grew some balls! lol

unlisted said:

Kei going all psycho is weird. For someone supposedly smart he's made some big mistakes. For example:
1. The phone call summoning the uncle to the station when he didn't even know where it was.
2. Throwing away the scooter when he could have used it to ferry the body.
3. Losing his hole.
4. The excuse about going to the dam when he was in the complete opposite direction.
5. Not throwing away the shovel. (Though he did get rid of the bat)

I think throwing away the bat was a horrible idea! Or at least he shoulda thrown it somewhere far away from the crime scene, not right along with the scooter. It had Satoshi's name on it. If they ever found it, it would be easy to piece the clues together (or maybe detectives would blame Satoko).

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Sep 12, 2009 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, Keeiichi really grew some balls in this episode and earned some crazy points as well =O

Looks like he had quite a troubled past too though, anyway I wonder if he will manage to escape death is this arc =P
Sep 25, 2009 11:08 AM

Jun 2009
unlisted said:

Animatronix said:

I don't know but her trunk was loaded.

I think it's the photographer's (what's his name again?) bike in the back and body in her car trunk.

And yes, it is nice to see Kei-chan to have some balls and go crazy. It was during this episode that I understood I didn't like him to always be a victim surrounded by pokemonos. I really cheered up when Keichi was in the bat action.
Nov 26, 2009 3:32 PM

Oct 2009
Creepy episode O:

I wasn't expecting this
Jan 6, 2010 3:27 PM

Sep 2009
If that was the photographers bike in the back does that mean takano killed him?
and it was awesome as when Keichi beat satokos uncle to death with the bat
what an ass
cant blame him if i was in the same situation id go that far

Feb 5, 2010 5:55 PM

Jan 2008
that was the worst "perfect crime" ever... you need to give yourself at least a week or so to prepare, and once you get into it you can start murdering more regularly...but i must admit he's got the laugh molded to perfection
Feb 28, 2010 12:18 PM

Jan 2010
Keichi is smart? Seemed pretty freaking stupid through out this episode.
Mar 17, 2010 4:56 PM
Feb 2010
I have a question about the scene where Keiichi calls Mion:

Anyway, great episode! And the scene where he kills the uncle is one of the most intense episodes in the series. Loved it! ;)
Mar 19, 2010 7:33 PM

Mar 2010
Why is everyone so creepy o_0

Beside I dont know what did she said but i think she said something really scary
Mar 30, 2010 6:48 PM

Aug 2008
Keiichi is a terrible liar, but I guess it doesn't matter when everyone knows what you're going to do anyway.

edit: Now that I think about it, what was Takano doing out there? Did she fill in the hole he left?! O_o
Apr 1, 2010 2:16 PM

Jan 2010
jesus keiichi went nuts now?O.o
but that a**hole deserved it :

i swear takano is the creepiest character of all O.o

she's like a combination of Alicia-san of Aria and Near of Death Note O.o

PS:oh and i forgot...this episode was so entertaining that i was like O_O when i saw it ended,i seriously thought that it was only 10 minutes into it :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 14, 2010 2:19 PM

Jan 2010
Keichii... for doing this... I will forever love you.
That is all.
Apr 21, 2010 2:56 PM
Apr 2008
All I have to say is finally he is doing something smart.
Apr 22, 2010 4:04 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode! But why didnt he throw the shovel into the swamp too ?
And I really wonder if it will be explained somehow why everyone always seems to know everything, besides keichii...
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 24, 2010 4:29 PM

Aug 2008
Whoops, meant to put this under Episode 12 discussion... oh well.

Ugh, I seem to hate Keichii more and more as the series goes on. He's had anger management issues throughout the whole series, so I'm not surprised. "WAH, I hate you, I hope the Oishii curse gets you. RAWR, you bastard, I hope you die. WRY ME?!"

He's always whining, complaining, yelling, apologizing for yelling, or just being an arse. He has moments where he's okay, but they become inconsequential to the number of times he can't resolve his issues correctly.

Then again, I guess that's the whole point of the series. Everyone, in some way, is screwed up, and with each arc we get to see how he/she is screwy. Just because Mion is not the villain in this arc doesn't mean she doesn't have a "demon" inside of her. Just because Rena wasn't the main villain in the last arc doesn't mean she still isn't a psychotic wretch quick to snap. And just because we never got details on Satoko's past and issues in the previous arc doesn't mean she wasn't abused and deeply traumatized over it. Each arc handles things differently and takes a different path, but each one has the same characters with the same personalities (or so I believe).

In every arc, Keichii has always had anger management issues and is quick to yell, blame, and take action. Mion is always outwardly loud and outgoing on the outside, and uses that to try and throw people off that she's manipulating them and is often domineering/controlling things behind the scenes (kinda have to when you rule over a mob). Rena has always been perceptive of others and hates being lied to. Satoko pretends to always be in control and trying to protect others when really she's lost and damaged. And Rika I don't know enough yet. The chief (forget his name) was always a manipulative bastard willing to have Keichii do his dirty work. And... so on and so on.

Of course, these are just my perceptions.

Does anyone else get disturbed by how apathetic some characters can be? Like Satoko was crying this episode about her uncle, and Rika walks away with her trying to be comforting, and then Mion and Rena are all, "Well, Keichii we're gonna do stuff after school today. It's going to be fun!" I think it's stuff like this that truly shows how disconnected they can be emotionally. Keichii's anger is at least something understandable.

lol, "my trunk is full" says the one lady (whose name I'm also forgetting). I'm gonna predict it's stuffed with a dead body.

Well, anyways, I look forward to watching the two answer arcs. I know this arc won't be resolved unless I see Kai, so I may just spoil myself on the ending. We'll see.

-------

Addendum:

Okay, unlike most people on here, I DON'T agree with what Keichii did. I'm not saying the uncle, bastard that he is, didn't deserve being punished, but I dislike it when people take matters into their own hands and feel that they should play the part of judge and executioner. "You're worthless so you die." I'm sympathetic to the plight, but I normally don't agree with it. Or maybe I just don't like Keichii for always being such a stupid idiot (for as much as a "genius" that kid is, he sure doesn't use his brain).

I want to see the uncle's ass hauled off to jail. And Keichii's too. Even though the cop pissed me off in the episode, I was hoping the body would be found so that Keichii would go to jail.

And am I the only one getting creepy vibes from the Coach as well? Thanking Keichii for killing the uncle? Saying he wanted to marry Satoko in the first episode? That he loves her and wants to help her but won't do anything about it (he won't adopt her, which I'm assuming he's hesitant on pursuing because he really does want to marry her; not reporting the abuse, which I'm assuming he doesn't because he doesn't want her to be angry at him for going against her wishes). For some reason, he just screams pedo to me.
willagApr 24, 2010 5:21 PM
Jun 12, 2010 8:04 PM

Jun 2009
Good job Keichii! Changing it up, at least you haven't died...yet.
Jun 15, 2010 4:25 PM

Jun 2009
I just heard Keichi's first pyschopatic laugh after 10 episodes in this anime.

Also good job for him, for once, he killed someone who deserved it.
Jul 2, 2010 2:51 AM

Dec 2009
Keiichi's moments didn't last too much ... Teh blondie sure is creepy for someone who is supposed to die , or not ..
Jul 2, 2010 8:06 AM

Apr 2010
wooooohohoho *evil face* and Keichii becomes murderer. But no matter how smart he is - why on earth is he acting so stupid? He did the phone call without preparation! The baka even forget where he disinterеd the hole!!! X@ And it looks like the uncle is even more stupid... Anyway, he made a great move with killing the bastard. He's brave to do such a thing and I like it *evil LAUGH* XD
Jul 7, 2010 3:52 AM

Mar 2010
I was shocked that Keiichi didn't hesitate at all and killed him in an instant.I thought he would back down.Be he was quite pro..Didn't lose his focus at all.It was as if he had done it before..
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.