Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry' Receives Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2015 7:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Moodie said:
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
Light novel is definitely going to be better than the anime in the end.
source materials in general are always superior to their adaption counterpart its a common fact
99% of the time at least
Mar 9, 2015 7:47 AM

Jun 2014
Well i guess there has to be at least 1 generic Ln adaptation each season...
:3
Mar 9, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
Sounds booooring

Mar 9, 2015 8:11 AM

Jul 2010
mayukachan said:
Ooh, the salt is real here.

Kinda funny to read these comments.
Mar 9, 2015 8:13 AM

Sep 2013
Lol nobody cares, but there's 5 pages of caring already XD let's hit 15 pages by the end of the day guys ;)

Insta- watch 9/10, hmmmmmm red head <3
Mar 9, 2015 8:32 AM

Jan 2014
SweetCoconut said:
I now wonder why theres alot of LN consisting a carbon-copy red haired "You'll be my slave!" is being animated?
this time "girl" becomes slave
Mar 9, 2015 8:39 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
loneywizard said:
SweetCoconut said:
I now wonder why theres alot of LN consisting a carbon-copy red haired "You'll be my slave!" is being animated?
it's much more interesting when the girl's in control though :/
Mar 9, 2015 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
More generic crap. why can't they addapt the good shit? Holyland? GE: Good Ending?
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Mar 9, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2015
Dunno if I'll watch it. Reminds me of all the other stuff airing this Winter

...but cute red haired character though lol
Mar 9, 2015 8:50 AM

Apr 2014
When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes

*clap* *clap* Brimming with originality....NOT
Mar 9, 2015 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
HaXXspetten said:
loneywizard said:
but thats done in like every ecchi anime...i mean,look at all those people,100 comments and almost all thinks this will be "harem MC becomes tsundere redhead's slave,she kicks him calling him baka"

Prejudice level over 9000

This thing will be the most unique thing harem/ecchi/magic/action tags will allow....
Mar 9, 2015 9:20 AM

Feb 2012
Never seen anything original like this one before, might be one of the best LN adaptions in recent memory
Mar 9, 2015 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
For a moment I thought I was reading the Absolute Duo synopsis again. Seriously, this sounds practically the same as Absolute Duo, and that's already generic as hell.

This is going to be absolute trash.
Mar 9, 2015 9:27 AM

Jul 2013
I love how every LN synopsis starts with a somewhat interesting premise, and then it ends with something like this:

...when Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes....forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki's relationship evolve?

*Sigh
Mar 9, 2015 9:43 AM

Apr 2014
Now I hate generic LN haremshit as much as the next sensible person, but from what I've heard this is in the higher end of the spectrum. The main girl isn't a total insufferable bitch and her relationship with the MC is actually developed. I've heard that the MC is good too. But this is all just based on what I've read. Plus the illustrations are nice and the main girl is pretty hot.

It's garbage, but it's slightly less garbage than what we've been getting lately. I guess.
Mar 9, 2015 9:43 AM

Jan 2014
Moodie said:
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
Light novel is definitely going to be better than the anime in the end.
source materials in general are always superior to their adaption counterpart its a common fact

Its obvious, because adaptation is already one-sided interpretation. The one who adapts brings subjectivity and makes his own interpretation of it. However, when people read the book they are making their own interpretation of everything, thats how imagination works.
And the comments on the forum crying about that makes me consider people silly thinking, because this fact is unavoidable. Simple conclusion - dont watch anime, read the book if you cant stand that.

if we are getting so much school-magic "generic" (as you say) LNs that means some people are enjoying them.

OP: ill watch, it doesnt get boring for me.
TapuTapuuMar 9, 2015 9:50 AM
Mar 9, 2015 9:55 AM

Apr 2009
Moonchipz said:

It's garbage, but it's slightly less garbage than what we've been getting lately. I guess.

So, maybe even a 2/10? Just wonderful...

Also, a quick research revealed a yandere imouto, tsundere female MC and some obvious hax powers of the male MC. Yeah... pinnacle of originality right here.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 9, 2015 10:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hey yandere imoutos aren't all that common... actually yanderes in general are pretty rare tbh
Mar 9, 2015 10:03 AM

Nov 2008
Meh, can't we have something different than this.

Mar 9, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
Moonchipz said:

Also, a quick research revealed a yandere imouto, tsundere female MC and some obvious hax powers of the male MC. Yeah... pinnacle of originality right here.
She's actually a pretty decent tsundere from the chapters I've read. Her and MC get together pretty quickly. I wouldn't really call this a harem, but it is incredibly generic.
Mar 9, 2015 10:11 AM

Dec 2013
Anime are often just a publicity in Japan, for many titles.

Before judging a novel, one should read it. Don't judge it from the anime, which is another thing, 90% of the time with half the story missing and with 1/3 of explanation/reasoning/details.
The anime only serves to raise awareness of the title, but if you want to KNOW the title, novels is required.

For example Absolute Duo, as novel is something else than the anime, much better.

That said, I don't think I will see this series.
Ramiel00Mar 9, 2015 10:18 AM
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Mar 9, 2015 10:43 AM

Aug 2009
I decided one should not judge a work by its cover, as the saying goes. Since I am, unfortunately, a bit short of time lately, I couldn't dedicate a day to the LN, so I went for the next best option, the manga. Of course, I was fully aware that the manga would most likely fail to capture more nuanced aspects of the LN, but what can one do. Anyway, I checked the first six chapters of the manga and, to my shock and surprise, it turned out it was as good as I expected it to be. And then some.

The opening pages introduced me to a beautiful maiden, one of the main characters.
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/04/14/r/read534bba7ccbec0/img000003.jpg

A few pages later, I saw character development and plot (in the last panel, mainly)
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/04/14/r/read534bba7ccbec0/img000029.png

There was some more PLOT development later, mostly thanks to clever angle and marvelous art
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/04/14/r/read534bba7ccbec0/img000045.png

But, not to think everything was focused on the female side of the characters and her plot(s), I encountered some deep stuff focusing on the male protagonist
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/04/14/r/read534bba7ccbec0/img000057.png

After the deep stuff, it was time to lighten the mood, so the second chapter focused on a brilliantly executed comedy, while providing quality fanservice and furthering the character relationships
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/05/04/r/read5366220726f48/img000022.png
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/05/04/r/read5366220726f48/img000023.png
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/05/04/r/read5366220726f48/img000002.png

Although I very much enjoyed the respite from all the serious and tense stuff, I was also glad that several pages later after the above, we were treated to a flashback that skillfully provided a glimpse into the MC's past and his motives
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/05/04/r/read5366220726f48/img000033.png

Just as I was getting used to the idea this would focus on the dynamic between the male protagonist and his female roommate, the author decided to shake that idea
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/06/07/r/read539349e0ca2e7/img000039.png
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/06/07/r/read539349e0ca2e7/img000041.png

Later on, more bonding ensued
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/07/08/r/read53bb679baf8eb/img000036.png
http://img.bato.to/comics/2014/07/08/r/read53bb679baf8eb/img000045.png

I do not wish to bore people any further, as I am sure I demonstrated the high quality of this piece of fiction. Also, I couldn't read any more for the fear of brain aneurysm.
Mar 9, 2015 10:43 AM

Aug 2011
Wow! I swear I've heard the same synopsis ten other times.
Mar 9, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2012
I'm glad that they are making more and more action/magic/echii anime. These types of anime are always good
Mar 9, 2015 10:51 AM

Jan 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
Moonchipz said:

i think you should delay your ranting until at least anime comes out...What you guys doing is worse than people making reviews after watching just 1 episode which i despise...
Mar 9, 2015 12:40 PM

Feb 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
billybob300c said:
-these hate comments above me... i love it. ppl are able to recognize predictability when they see it. but looks can be deceiving.

" I swear Absolute Duo is different!"
"Blade Dance really breaks the mold!"
"SAO/DxD/Mahouka gets good after this arc, really!"

Stop with the bullshit excuses. Modern LN are 90% crap and everyone except some pathetic otaku knows it. We get the same posts everytime a new Ln is announced and everytime it turns out that the Ln adaption is just as bad as expected.

Face it: LN CAN be judged by the cover, and that is honestly part of the problem. When your series is so generic that people are tired of it even after only looking at the cover, you as a creator did something wrong.
If you consider 90% of anime as shit, you can say that "I can tell by the cover that this will be shit" and in your opinion you will be right 90% of times; that doesn't make you a person magically able to judge an anime by its cover, it only makes you look like an elitist unable to enjoy anime that underrates and shit-talks mainstream stuff to keep up his facade...
Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw.

Ratohnhaketon said:
You have much to learn if you have not joined the witch hunt to down vote every anime that rises above our underrated favorites. I am currently on a campaign to get Training with Hinako into the top 12. Shit taste is hard to fight though, it's like trying to talk sense to an army of hallucinating loonies.
Ty-Ki said:
It's hilarious to see morons wasting more time with the series they hate so much than the fans of it.
Mar 9, 2015 12:49 PM

Nov 2011
i am hyped for this.
Been reading the manga and i really like it.
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 9, 2015 12:55 PM
Nov 2010
Well, the synopsis certainly sounds familiar. I might check it out, though.
Mar 9, 2015 1:00 PM

May 2014
It sounds generic, but I'll give it a try.
Mar 9, 2015 1:05 PM

Nov 2008
PKX said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Stop with the bullshit excuses. Modern LN are 90% crap and everyone except some pathetic otaku knows it. We get the same posts everytime a new Ln is announced and everytime it turns out that the Ln adaption is just as bad as expected.

Face it: LN CAN be judged by the cover, and that is honestly part of the problem. When your series is so generic that people are tired of it even after only looking at the cover, you as a creator did something wrong.
If you consider 90% of anime as shit, you can say that "I can tell by the cover that this will be shit" and in your opinion you will be right 90% of times; that doesn't make you a person magically able to judge an anime by its cover, it only makes you look like an elitist unable to enjoy anime that underrates and shit-talks mainstream stuff to keep up his facade...

However, you can judge many LNs that get adapted these days by their title or synopsis and if not (in the case of word salad titles or something with a vague synopsis) it could be used as sign to proceed with caution, for example if a title contains Imouto in the title (or if you are familiar with the author and they did a younger sister LN and you didn't like it or aren't into it) you may want to read the synopsis, read one chapter just to be sure or stay away if you aren't into younger sisters or tsunderes. They are getting too predictable and the ones that are adapted and are something even remotely different or just a breakthrough in something generic, their titles, synopsis, characters, or all of the above stand out like a sore thumb.

Mar 9, 2015 1:09 PM

Nov 2014
Just read the first couple chapters of manga after seeing this thread and I will definitely love this. Generic, but will definitely be enjoyable and that's what matters most.

Already love the main female Stella.

Can't wait!
Mar 9, 2015 1:18 PM

Aug 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
billybob300c said:
-these hate comments above me... i love it. ppl are able to recognize predictability when they see it. but looks can be deceiving.

...Hitsugi no Chaika. Argument is now invalid.

Well, I love generic ecchi harem so I'm already on board.
Mar 9, 2015 1:55 PM

Feb 2013
arsonal said:
One day, Ikki encounters a half-naked girl

Dropped
Mar 9, 2015 2:09 PM

Jan 2014

Well sort of, but still it's not smart to judge even after 1 chapter, because some stories gets interesting much later. For example, blade dance got amazing and interesting much further in the story.
Mar 9, 2015 2:19 PM

Jan 2014
gedata said:
arsonal said:
One day, Ikki encounters a half-naked girl

Dropped
GAY
Mar 9, 2015 2:56 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:

Well sort of, but still it's not smart to judge even after 1 chapter, because some stories gets interesting much later. For example, blade dance got amazing and interesting much further in the story.
As far as seemingly generic LNs go then yeah I think Blade Dance is the most extreme example. What little the anime covered is really totally misleading for how amazing the latter volumes are
Mar 9, 2015 3:06 PM

Jan 2014
Overall I'm loving the manga,so I'm quite hyped for the anime!
Mar 9, 2015 3:11 PM

Jan 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

As far as seemingly generic LNs go then yeah I think Blade Dance is the most extreme example. What little the anime covered is really totally misleading for how amazing the latter volumes are
it sounds like a joke to some people but Blade Dance really starts to get interesting right after the part anime covered
Mar 9, 2015 3:32 PM
Mar 9, 2015 3:35 PM
Jul 2013
basically SAO in a Mahouka setting
main couple born at end of first volumn of LN engaged by the third volumn
will still watch though
Mar 9, 2015 5:15 PM

Apr 2014
loneywizard said:
HaXXspetten said:
it sounds like a joke to some people but Blade Dance really starts to get interesting right after the part anime covered
Oh, I'm sure.
Mar 9, 2015 5:17 PM

Apr 2011
Hmmm...Okay.

Will try to watch. It looks interesting.
Mar 9, 2015 5:24 PM

Jan 2014
Moonchipz said:
loneywizard said:
Oh, I'm sure.
LN's name is "Blade Dance" and fukin Blade dance starts after that point...You need to know more?
Mar 9, 2015 5:31 PM

Sep 2011
Oh my god yes this sounds like my favorite anime mahouka, instant PTW, I hope arms animates it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 9, 2015 5:33 PM

Nov 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

this +1

Nidhoeggr said:
Moonchipz said:

yeah just research not actually reading it, hax powers yeah right, that power got too many loopholes...

many people judge only the synopsis...

loneywizard said:
HaXXspetten said:
but thats done in like every ecchi anime...i mean,look at all those people,100 comments and almost all thinks this will be "harem MC becomes tsundere redhead's slave,she kicks him calling him baka"

Prejudice level over 9000

This thing will be the most unique thing harem/ecchi/magic/action tags will allow....

this +1

like he said blade dance got really interesting in the novel after the anime ended..
Mar 9, 2015 5:41 PM

May 2013
If I got a Euro everytime somebody on MAL tells me that a LN totally gets better after volume x, I would be a rich man now.

This show will be cancer, exactly like most of the other garbage LN shows that came before it, and the many more we will get until this most recent fad in anime dies its well deserved death. All the actually good ones have already been adapted, so now there is only piss left in the boot.

Mar 9, 2015 5:49 PM

Nov 2008
Ventris said:
If I got a Euro everytime somebody on MAL tells me that a LN totally gets better after volume x, I would be a rich man now.

This show will be cancer, exactly like most of the other garbage LN shows that came before it, and the many more we will get until this most recent fad in anime dies its well deserved death. All the actually good ones have already been adapted, so now there is only piss left in the boot.

It's the opposite, very few of the good ones were adapted and the studios are adapting the bottom of the shit barrel because they think it will have a better chance of being a hit. Blame the studios for being far too safe.

Mar 9, 2015 6:04 PM

Sep 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

I like how the synopsis is all the same too "MC is the only guy who can wield this power solely women can use" or "The MC sucks at *insert whatever here*" and the covers are basically some moe female with revealing clothes.

Although some LN to anime adaptions are superb like Drrr!!,Spice and Wolf (even if I only saw 2 episodes of season 1), and Hataraku Maou Sama!. I'm sure there are amazing LNs out there, but the studios animate the same generic trash.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 9, 2015 6:13 PM

Mar 2014
I like how people are like "this is not like the tired tropes from 10 years ago! These tired tropes are fresh!"
Mar 9, 2015 8:18 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Sounds like Absolute Duo again. Well, we can expect a Magika no Kenshi to Vasreus and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk adaptions later, right?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.