Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry' Receives Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 10, 2015 10:51 AM

Jan 2014
Zeta986 said:
iBeja said:
Why all the hate?

Because Light Novels were Ads while Elitist where Ad Blockers.

Billions of people install Ad blocker in their browser so that`s why Elitist where everywhere to block all the annoying Light Novels (Ads)
Cause they will fix us,plebs who trying to enjoy stuff, and they will save our souls
Mar 10, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
loneywizard said:
Zeta986 said:

Billions of people install Ad blocker in their browser so that`s why Elitist where everywhere to block all the annoying Light Novels (Ads)
Cause they will fix us,plebs who trying to enjoy stuff, and they will save our souls
not trying to be saved anytime soon

lol imagine harem fans going into mushi threads and call it elitist pandering and trashing on it
Mar 10, 2015 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
iBeja said:
Why all the hate?

The supposed lack of originality.

People shouldn't judge a book by its cover, I guess it would be right for them to argue that the anime is bad after watching at least 3 episodes.

Zeta986 said:
iBeja said:
Why all the hate?

Nice point of view sir.
Mar 10, 2015 10:55 AM

Apr 2011
iBeja said:
yhunata said:

The supposed lack of originality.

People shouldn't judge a book by its cover, I guess it would be right for them to argue that the anime is bad after watching at least 3 episodes..

The synopsis doesn't really help it's cause. Doesn't help that there's something with a very similar plotline airing just this season.
Mar 10, 2015 10:58 AM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
iBeja said:

People shouldn't judge a book by its cover, I guess it would be right for them to argue that the anime is bad after watching at least 3 episodes..

The synopsis doesn't really help it's cause. Doesn't help that there's something with a very similar plotline airing just this season.

But that doesn't mean that it's going to be the same thing all over again. We shall wait and see if this anime will become trash like most of the harem-typo animes.
Mar 10, 2015 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
yhunata said:
iBeja said:

The synopsis was written by morons on ANN.
Mar 10, 2015 10:59 AM

Apr 2011
iBeja said:
But that doesn't mean that it's going to be the same thing all over again. We shall wait and see if this anime will become trash like most of the harem-typo animes.

Of course it doesn't. But the amount of LN adaptions following similar stories can make people get fed up with it.
Mar 10, 2015 11:00 AM

Oct 2014
iBeja said:
yhunata said:

Who even wrote that synopsis? It sounds like someone had fun emphasizing the wrong parts of the setting.

EDIT:
ChairForceOne said:
The synopsis was written by morons on ANN.

Urgh... as expected. Are they slowly starting to turn into seventhstyle JUMBO edition?
Mar 10, 2015 11:01 AM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
iBeja said:

Of course it doesn't. But the amount of LN adaptions following similar stories can make people get fed up with it.

Well you're right, I've noticed there was a lot of harems from 2014-2015 but still, at least watch 2 episodes.
Mar 10, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2011
iBeja said:
yhunata said:

Well you're right, I've noticed there was a lot of harems from 2014-2015 but still, at least watch 2 episodes.

I'm gonna give this a try. If this is indeed like Absolute Duo, I do not mind. I actually like AD.

Also, to the guys above. Why does it matter as to who wrote the synopsis. The fact is, people are fed up with this type of stuff and since that synopsis is what they saw, that's what they're gonna react to.
Mar 10, 2015 11:07 AM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
iBeja said:

I'm gonna give this a try. If this is indeed like Absolute Duo, I do not mind. I actually like AD.

Also, to the guys above. Why does it matter as to who wrote the synopsis. The fact is, people are fed up with this type of stuff and since that synopsis is what they saw, that's what they're gonna react to.

Well i haven't watch Absolute Duo, i should give it a try soon, do you recommend it?
Mar 10, 2015 11:09 AM

Apr 2011
iBeja said:
Well i haven't watch Absolute Duo, i should give it a try soon, do you recommend it?

It's sort of a guilty pleasure, so it depends. Still, trying won't hurt.
Mar 10, 2015 11:11 AM

Oct 2014
yhunata said:

The synopsis points out exactly those things that ARE similar to other series and may seems cliché out of context, while leaving out its unique aspects.

Since it's a more character-focus series, they should have said more about the characters and less about the setting, IMO.
Mar 10, 2015 11:15 AM

Apr 2011
Grey-Zone said:
yhunata said:

The synopsis points out exactly those things that ARE similar to other series and may seems cliché out of context, while leaving out its unique aspects.

Since it's a more character-focus series, they should have said more about the characters and less about the setting, IMO.

Does it matter? The question was why there was so much hate. The fact that the synopsis leaves out important details means little in this context.
Mar 10, 2015 11:19 AM

Oct 2014
yhunata said:
Does it matter? The question was why there was so much hate. The fact that the synopsis leaves out important details means little in this context.

A lot of posts were quoting the synopsis and telling why that makes it a "won't even try it"-series. So yes, it does matter.

If the synopsis were different, they may have instead used the 3-episode rule or something like that.
Mar 10, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
Grey-Zone said:
yhunata said:

A lot of posts were quoting the synopsis and telling why that makes it a "won't even try it"-series. So yes, it does matter.

Sorry. I worded that wrong. I meant that, when they read the synopsis, the generic LN Harem comes to everyone's mind. That's why they, fed up with the torrent of generic LN Harem, complained about it. The fact that the synopsis may not be highlighting it's more unique aspects usually won't go to their mind, which is why it means little as far as the question is concerned.
Mar 10, 2015 11:24 AM

Jun 2011
yhunata said:
Grey-Zone said:

Sorry. I worded that wrong. I meant that, when they read the synopsis, the generic LN Harem comes to everyone's mind. That's why they, fed up with the torrent of generic LN Harem, complained about it. The fact that the synopsis may not be highlighting it's more unique aspects usually won't go to their mind, which is why it means little as far as the question is concerned.
there is also the 1 review that's not too flattering (even with the good scores).
maybe you should write a review grey
Mar 10, 2015 12:12 PM

Oct 2014
yhunata said:

Well, it's true that most people have this mindset. I still think that a small amount of people may have reacted different if the synposis was more character focused, though as you noticed that amount of people would be considerably limited.

Killaclown said:
there is also the 1 review that's not too flattering (even with the good scores).

Are you refering to the LN review by the user "ArcLeak" here on MAL or are you refering to something else? Because ArcLeak got it mostly right and even gave it a 9 overall. The story really is not that strong, as this is a character focused story. But it's true that the review a bit too short and the score for enjoyment and character somehow seem higher than his actual text description would make you think.
Mar 10, 2015 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
I finished reading all scanlated chapters now.

It's not the synopsis' fault it sounds so generic, the entire manga is actually pretty terrible. It's nice that they get a few developments done with early on, but it is is still riddled with the worst kind of tropes and does really nothing to shake off the feeling that this is just another nail in the big coffin that is known as LN adaptions.
So to nobody's suprise the synopsis was actually spot on....

I guess I could start with the LN, but lol thanks. I think i read far enough into it.
NidhoeggrMar 10, 2015 12:18 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 10, 2015 12:17 PM

Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

It's not the synopsis' fault it sounds so generic, the entire manga is actually pretty terrible. It's nice that they get a few developments done with early, but it is is still riddled with the worst kind of tropes and does really nothing to shake off the feeling that this is just another nail in the big cross that is known as Ln adaptions.

I guess I could start with the LN, but lol thanks. I think i read far enough into it.
but it had so much potential

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 10, 2015 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
Most of the LN adapted has this kind of theme after all, so nothing surprising. It certainly sounds generic. Although I've seen synopsis giving a very wrong impression of a title before, this sure doesn't look like the kind of title I would enjoy. I said it before, but to people who dislike harem/ecchi/School life typical stories, if you want to encounter LN to your taste , you're better off reading them than waiting for an hypothetical adaptation.

I'm reading good LN and novels from japan, lastly. lots of very good findings in fact. none of them has an anime, not even a manga, I think. Complaining about the anime made from LN is pretty idiotic imo. If you dislike that kind of genre, like me you're not in the main "category" of anime watchers, so it's natural that most anime don't have theme/stories pleasing you. Seeing that several of you can be seen on every single of those threads complaining, you must really enjoy to whine~
Just watch the "irregular" adaptations and don't bother about the adaptation of harem/ecchi/school life, problem solved...
Mar 10, 2015 12:27 PM

Apr 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
Nidhoeggr said:

It's not the synopsis' fault it sounds so generic, the entire manga is actually pretty terrible. It's nice that they get a few developments done with early, but it is is still riddled with the worst kind of tropes and does really nothing to shake off the feeling that this is just another nail in the big cross that is known as Ln adaptions.

but it had so much potential

Nid's gotta read the LN, it gets better later.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 10, 2015 12:34 PM

Sep 2013
baki502 said:
ichii_1 said:

These sorts of manga/novels always have a slow and cliche starts to warm people into the story, how about waiting till the 3rd or 4th volume for real developments.

So basically its garbage for 2 volumes, and the anime adaptation is likely going to be 1 cour, probably only animating the shit parts.

On the bad side the anime is shit, on the good side you still get to defend it by saying :"I swear it gets good, right after the anime ends"

No but seriously, slow starts are completely fine, bad starts are not. Getting good sometime later on is no excuse at all, and does not make the product as a whole good. A good anime/manga/LN is good from start to finish. Masterpieces are brilliant from start to finish. Just having 2 bad volumes out of currently 4(?) is not good at all and makes for a in total bad product.

And who is saying it's a masterpiece? it's a good series.
By slow I mean it has relaxing pace that develops the casts personalities so you can like them, it's only bad cause you hate women being sexy.
Berserk only has 5 or 6 good volumes so I guess berserk is garbage.
Mar 10, 2015 12:39 PM
Sep 2014
Why is there so much hate.
Mar 10, 2015 12:42 PM

Dec 2012
DemonsBarrelo said:
Why is there so much hate.

Insecure people, wanting to be elitist to feel better about themselves.

'Tis the internet, live and let live doesn't apply here.
Mar 10, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2011
Grey-Zone said:
Killaclown said:

Are you refering to the LN review by the user "ArcLeak" here on MAL or are you refering to something else? Because ArcLeak got it mostly right and even gave it a 9 overall. The story really is not that strong, as this is a character focused story. But it's true that the review a bit too short and the score for enjoyment and character somehow seem higher than his actual text description would make you think.
that one, was a high score but doesnt really make you want to watch it and yes the text made it seem like it would be lower
Mar 10, 2015 12:51 PM

Aug 2011
Synopsis said:
Ikki Kurogane, dubbed as the "Failure Knight" for having no talent in modern-day magic, is a repeating student in an institution for Mage-Knights because of his failing grades.

As always.

It amazes me how authors can get away with having such similar stories without another guy going, "you stole my idea!"

I'm not exactly happy this is getting adapted, but I'll still watch episode one when it comes out, just to see if it breaks the mold like everyone says. If not, it's not like there won't be another series hyped up to be unique.

Mar 10, 2015 1:16 PM
Jan 2013
"It's not a harem guys, really! The main character gets the girl really early in like in SAO, and that wasn't a...wait.."
"Okay but really, this one is different! I know I said that about Blade Dance, Absolute Duo, Trinity Seven, Mahouka, and SAO, but for real this time, it's different!"
"Seriously guys you gotta believe me!"
"I literally eat shit!"

Yeah just look at this DEEP PLOT and INTERESTING CHARACTERS that are TOTALLY NOT IN SOME SHITTY GENERIC MAGIC HIGH-SCHOOL LIGHT NOVEL HAREM WITH A MISUNDERSTOOD-BUT-ACTUALLY-BADASS OVERPOWERED GARY STU MC AND A REDHEADED TSUNDERE WITH TWIN TAILS AS THE 'MAIN' LOVE INTEREST.

Damn, you all sure got me! I guess this IS different after all.
Mar 10, 2015 1:24 PM

Sep 2013
enginesofdemise said:
Irrelevant dribble

Damnnnnnnnn

Looks AMAZING, will definitely be watching this.
Hope the art style and the animation is good in the anime.
Mar 10, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
ichii_1 said:

By slow I mean it has relaxing pace that develops the casts personalities so you can like them, it's only bad cause you hate women being sexy.

I dont hate women being sexy, I hate awful characters. Learn the difference. The "Doc" from Texhnolyze for example can be "sexy", but she still is a great character. Emma Guzman from Garo can be sexy, she is great character. And thats just what immediately comes to mind. Granted there are not many women "being sexy" I like in anime, cause most of them are not done well. I do not consider a woman going "kyaah b-baka you saw me naked!" and throwing a hiss a good character, nor in fact sexy.
Mar 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Sep 2013
^doc's childish side is as awful as any cliche.
Why don't you bash her when she does that? bias.

The official website has launched
http://www.ittoshura.com/

A twitter account too
https://twitter.com/@ittoshura

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1360950

Anime Key Visual
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1360914
ichii_1Mar 10, 2015 2:19 PM
Mar 10, 2015 2:31 PM

Oct 2014
Every time someone calls Ikki a "Gary Stu", I have to facepalm.
Mar 10, 2015 2:38 PM

Apr 2012
ichii_1 said:
^doc's childish side is as awful as any cliche.
Why don't you bash her when she does that? bias.

What are you talking about? You havent even seen the anime?
Mar 10, 2015 2:39 PM

Oct 2014
enginesofdemise said:
"It's not a harem guys, really! The main character gets the girl really early in like in SAO, and that wasn't a...wait.."
"Okay but really, this one is different! I know I said that about Blade Dance, Absolute Duo, Trinity Seven, Mahouka, and SAO, but for real this time, it's different!"
"I literally eat shit!"

Yeah just look at this DEEP PLOT and INTERESTING CHARACTERS that are TOTALLY NOT IN SOME SHITTY GENERIC MAGIC HIGH-SCHOOL LIGHT NOVEL HAREM WITH A MISUNDERSTOOD-BUT-ACTUALLY-BADASS OVERPOWERED GARY STU MC AND A REDHEADED TSUNDERE WITH TWIN TAILS AS THE 'MAIN' LOVE INTEREST.

Very "intelligent" post you wrote shouted there. Too bad most of it is objectively wrong. Try baiting harder next time.
Mar 10, 2015 2:49 PM

Oct 2014
baki502 said:
ichii_1 said:

I dont hate women being sexy, I hate awful characters. Learn the difference. The "Doc" from Texhnolyze for example can be "sexy", but she still is a great character. Emma Guzman from Garo can be sexy, she is great character. And thats just what immediately comes to mind. Granted there are not many women "being sexy" I like in anime, cause most of them are not done well. I do not consider a woman going "kyaah b-baka you saw me naked!" and throwing a hiss a good character, nor in fact sexy.

Well good thing Stella is written realistic believable enough that the shock actually makes her unable to immidietly retaliate like that. Moreover her "grudge" ends immdietly after the first chapter and she is never being violent towards Ikki after that (in contrast to all the series that try to preach some BS Double Standards to the audience, which not only includes LNs, but other source material media as well).

In general the relationship between Ikki and Stella is, imo, adressed in a rather 'innocent', but still 'mature' way (don't kill me for using that word). It does show that they ARE in fact sexually frustated and inexperienced teenagers. Something that most other LNs fail horribly at.
Grey-ZoneMar 10, 2015 2:53 PM
Mar 10, 2015 3:00 PM
Jan 2013
Grey-Zone said:
enginesofdemise said:
"I literally eat shit!"

Very "intelligent" post you wrote shouted there. Too bad most of it is objectively wrong. Try baiting harder next time.
I'm sorry, does the truth hurt? You're acting like Bakemonogatari fanboys "it's more than just a harem!"
Ugh.
Mar 10, 2015 3:08 PM

Jan 2014
enginesofdemise said:
My-bait-didnt-work-so-lets-bait-for-some-monogatari-fans-instead
Ugh.lmao 10/10 gr8b8m8
Mar 10, 2015 3:11 PM
Jan 2013
loneywizard said:
enginesofdemise said:
My-bait-didnt-work-so-lets-bait-for-some-monogatari-fans-instead
Ugh.lmao 10/10 gr8b8m8
You seem like a Monogatari fanboy, so I understand your reaction, but really. It's just a harem. I hate it when people try to look soo deep into it and think it's art or some shit, it's a HAREM that tries way too hard to try and act like it isn't one, and all the pseudo-intellectuals flock over it because of 'muh CRAZY shaft visuals' and 'haha they're talking so much and so fast it's so cool'
Mar 10, 2015 3:18 PM

Jan 2014
enginesofdemise said:
Grey-Zone said:

I'm sorry, does the truth hurt? You're acting like Bakemonogatari fanboys "it's more than just a harem!"
Ugh.

You won, good job i guess

Mar 10, 2015 3:19 PM

Jan 2014
enginesofdemise said:
blabla
So "its a harem" is supposed to be a insult?Its a HAREM,more importantly its unique and fun as fuck...But ofc its crap for you because its HAREM right?Cause HAREM=Shit?

Prejudice level over 9000,i pity such people...

I cant even describe how i feel about you with simple words...Its along the lines of a strong desire to puke,cry and lol at the same time...
LoneWizzyMar 10, 2015 3:23 PM
Mar 10, 2015 3:23 PM
Jan 2013
loneywizard said:
enginesofdemise said:
blabla
So "its a harem" is supposed to be a insult?Its a HAREM,more importantly its unique and fun as fuck...But ofc its crap for you because its HAREM right?Cause HAREM=Shit?

You think Monogatari is unique?
hehehehehe
Mar 10, 2015 3:27 PM

Aug 2013
No hate from this girl! I just stated that the story sounds similar to Absolute Duo. I kinda like Absolute Duo. I'm totally not an elitist. :D
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Mar 10, 2015 3:27 PM

Jan 2014
enginesofdemise said:
loneywizard said:

hehehehehe
Madoka is "magical girls doing cute things",Oregairu is "generic romcom crap",Steins gate is "Tryhard time travel moeblob" right?

sad...Is it that hard to imagine other people enjoying something you didn't enjoy?you are cancer of the internet
LoneWizzyMar 10, 2015 3:30 PM
Mar 10, 2015 3:32 PM
Jan 2013
loneywizard said:
enginesofdemise said:
hehehehehe
Madoka is "magical girls doing cute things",Oregairu is "generic romcom crap",Steins gate is "Tryhard time travel moeblob" right?

sad...Is it that hard to imagine other people enjoying something you didn't enjoy?you are cancer of the internet
You're the one that's getting flustered and upset here, mate. I'm just stating facts.
And for the most part, what you said about those series is right, especially about Steins;Gate.
Mar 10, 2015 3:35 PM

Jan 2014
enginesofdemise said:
fact:You think Monogatari is unique?
hehehehehe
yup,you have totally no bad intentions

[size=40]and this coming from a guy who thinks Haganai is unique and original...lmao
Mar 10, 2015 4:01 PM

Oct 2014
enginesofdemise said:
Grey-Zone said:

Ugh.

Hurt? Does it hurt you when someone says that clouds in the sky are green?
Mar 10, 2015 6:04 PM

Nov 2014
my god, this tread has transformed into something more um 'stuff'
Mar 10, 2015 6:30 PM

Jan 2014
enginesofdemise said:
"I literally eat shit!"

Female on the fifth picture looks damn fine.
Mar 10, 2015 9:01 PM
Jan 2010
Look at enginesofdemise go! He's going all out. Be careful, you might explode. :D
Mar 11, 2015 3:53 AM

Jan 2014
Orix said:
Look at enginesofdemise go! He's going all out. Be careful, you might explode. :D
Like a wise doctor once said:"Oh yeah,look at it go"

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.