Forum Settings
Forums

Anyone feel like Tower of God is dropping in quality after timeskip?

New
Mar 8, 2015 2:44 PM

Jan 2015
> Less dark then before the timeskip, no one dies anymore plot armor out the ass
> Boring games (all workshop arc) compared before timeskip
> Wayyy to many new characters with no development
> Less focus on completing floors with interesting rules/game, first two floors were better than anything after timeskip
> Again character development is so bad for every character but bamm and Khun somewhat
> Lazy character designs, blue/green/ect.., repainted humans so creative
> Battles are boring to watch most the time, very anti-climactic
> Story is becoming drawn out chasing rachel a extremely dull character for her world shattering explanation to bamm, ohh so hyped..., bamm stop being a beta fuck
> All the good lore is in fucking the credits page of the arthur, put it in the webtoon
> Art is really too simple, with lots of background with nothing but a color, no detail
> No interesting powers besides like two

I love ToG even if I have alot of complaints. The world building is incredible! Whats outside the tower? What is the tower? If you hit floor 100 do you really get any desire you want? ect.. So many great mysteries. Thats why I get upset when it can be more then what its become. Any agree?
Mar 9, 2015 5:07 AM

Aug 2012
Yea, wish it had the same intensity as season 1. Battles aren't that great anymore and too many new characters that I don't really care about want the old group back already.
Mar 11, 2015 12:04 PM

Jul 2011
Yea I agree too but I guess give it sometime and hopefully things will start picking up again :)
Mar 11, 2015 12:07 PM

Feb 2010
A fucking thread title like that spoiled me about the timeskip in another series before and while I personally don't care for Tower of God, others probably do. It's not even a manga so why are you spoilering people with the title in the Manga Discussion forum? At least put it in the Music & Entertainment section & change the thread title.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 11, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
A fucking thread title like that spoiled me about the timeskip in another series before and while I personally don't care for Tower of God, others probably do. It's not even a manga so why are you spoilering people with the title in the Manga Discussion forum? At least put it in the Music & Entertainment section & change the thread title.

Relax...someone clearly doesn't like Manhwas...But yes his title should be changed because it's clearly spoiling the storyline.

Go copy and paste your hate to every other single Manhwa discussion that's posted here in the Manga Discussion section.
Mar 11, 2015 2:09 PM

Jan 2015
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Other manwha get discussed here also I see other ToG threads so whats the problem? Also a timeskip is barely a spoiler, as much as saying the title is ongoing. What can a timeskip spoil except the MC gets older nothing else
Mar 11, 2015 3:17 PM

Oct 2012
While I don't feel ToG has dropped in quality necessarily, I do feel it's become quite repetitive. I admit it's a little frustrating to see so many new characters each season that are too similar in personality and have very little impact on the overall plot.

I also want to add that I'm finding the Hell Train arc to be a whole lot better than the Workshop arc (which I consider to be the nadir of the series personally).
Mar 15, 2015 8:16 PM

Mar 2015
I'll give it some time this new arc is going kind slow tho.
Apr 6, 2015 9:32 PM

May 2014
I never actually thought that the first part is so great. Regardless, I enjoyed it more than the story after the timeskip. Just like you guys said, it now mainly focus on Rachel and how much of a b*tch she is. It was so slow which I think is a stupid thing to do since the first part has a great pace. Slow as it is, the artist keeps on adding more characters and it's confusing me. As for the art, I sometimes think that he's becoming lazy sketching out Bam's face and the others' as well. Well, it isn't actually that great but the quality of the art is definitely declining.
Apr 11, 2015 12:23 AM

Sep 2013
Saying that there is time skip is not a spoiler. Its friggin ridiculous that someone thinks so.

Oh, and I like S2 a bit more than S1.
Apr 12, 2015 4:52 PM

Mar 2012
The problem with this manhwa is how utterly slow the story progresses. For example: Presently, it has taken the characters 6 weeks to climb a damn staircase. The plot would go faster if SIU doesn't waste so many scenes on one-dimensional side-characters and their irrelevant fight scenes that interrupt the main storyline.
Apr 12, 2015 9:35 PM

Nov 2013
While it isn't as good right now, I can't say that it's bad. I always felt Tower of God was rather good with managing its expanding lore, a feat that very few authors can manage in manga without contradicting themselves or making everything OP.

But maybe that's just me? I'm following a good deal of shounen manga that are more cliched, like Bleach, so Tower of God's pace isn't as bad as it could be.

It's still good enough that I'm not pissed, so I can stay with it. Hope SIU gives us some good stuff in the near future. I was on the edge of my seat during the Reflejo fight.
Oct 13, 2015 10:53 PM

Mar 2012
Update: I gave this comic 6 months to see if it could become something, but it still hasn't.
It's still very slow, and that's saying something because I feel like it's progressing even more slowly week by week.

Second, the comic is essentially 60% mindless action scenes. This isn't like the beginning of the comic where the action was held by a good plot like the throne game or the hide and seek.
Now it's just pure 100% action panels filling up most of the page that easily become repetitive. This is because there is literally no stakes, and I seriously call BS on the whole motif of "few survive the tower", because every single major protagonist and side character is still alive. There is no tension whatsoever. Guy has his limb dismembered and is about to be skewed by a sword, Nope! Our protagonists come by after maximum buildup and cliffhangers to save the day. Hell, they even use their magic powers to reattach the limb. Everything is A-okay!

This comic is not about the 99% of the weaker participants, it's all about the 1% that are the strongest. Now, this in itself doesn't mean the comic has to be bad, and can be a interesting premise if they play it right, just look at HunterxHunter! Nope, instead these characters are all generic as crap. It's the same martyr hero syndrome like every other generic comic/manga/cartoon.
This is the biggest problem: It's cliche as crap, and the author is intent on making it continue as such. Every single week, there appears the same old hero protagonist trope that infest this genre.

It's a comic filled with long-term mystery, but so much short disappointment that it ruins the whole thing. To explain, the problem is I am interested in the outcomes of this comic and how the mysteries will be explained, but the road to the conclusion is just so terribly painful.

I feel as if there is a demographic change since the end of the fantastic first arc. It feels like a damn generic saturday morning western cartoon. This frustration is exacerbated by the mindless praise this comic gets for it's 'twists' and 'gritty story'. I feel like I'm in audience with a demographic of pre-teens discovering their first PG cartoon. Won't be surprised if that's actually the case.
In any case, I have dropped this at long last.
Oct 17, 2015 5:32 AM

Oct 2015
not only the artwork has lost its inpact from season 1, but also the pace of the season 2 has changed dramatically from season 1
Dec 29, 2015 7:21 AM
Dec 2015
I started reading tower of god a few days ago n just passed the time skip. I just couldnt feel like after it. Its weird usually story gets interesting after time skip. Maybe its because I don't like the new characters.
Dec 29, 2015 7:23 AM
Dec 2015
Anyone know any good manga to ready. I really liked the gamer.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1042 by codelyok13 »»
2 hours ago

» I need help finding a manga that I have forgotten

codelyok13 - 2 hours ago

0 by codelyok13 »»
2 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

17 by Oofmastre9000 »»
10 hours ago

» Do you ever skim through your Manga?

zaganGao - Jan 23

26 by Zimmu »»
Today, 8:38 AM

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 15

22 by Lucifrost »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.