Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 15, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
God, that last scene was disturbing. I wonder what happened. Did she really had a good relationship with her brother? Maybe he was abusing her too.

Also, when she say that she want to deal with problem herself, I wonder if it's not her the killer this time. Mion seemed sincere when she said that they weren't the cause of the murder. Sakoto also have a mobile for all the murder before, if like I said, her relationship with her brother wasn't as happy as she try to make believe.

I hope her oncle is the next victim, I hate child abuse.

Oishi was fucking weird in that episode. The more the story, the less I like him.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 15, 2014 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
minouneetzoe said:
God, that last scene was disturbing. I wonder what happened. Did she really had a good relationship with her brother? Maybe he was abusing her too.

Also, when she say that she want to deal with problem herself, I wonder if it's not her the killer this time. Mion seemed sincere when she said that they weren't the cause of the murder. Sakoto also have a mobile for all the murder before, if like I said, her relationship with her brother wasn't as happy as she try to make believe.

I hope her oncle is the next victim, I hate child abuse.

Oishi was fucking weird in that episode. The more the story, the less I like him.
you is right oishi is weird in that episode but she does love her brother a lot he is her protector but he leave and its now shion job... she failed.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 6, 2014 3:26 AM

Jan 2009
sakoto's uncle needs to get cursed already
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 23, 2014 1:12 AM

Sep 2013
Keiichi really has a thing for touching little girls.
Apr 18, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2011
^ Lmao. Maebara Keiichi is amazing, this guy can get worse every arc, he was just so unlikable in this episode. I wonder why did Keiichi give Oiishi the mean look when he just met him for the first time? This guy cannot control his own feelings too, and I laughed every time he apologized. Do you know what people need to apologize for? It is not just a figure of speech, you yourself need to change if you think you're doing the wrong thing. I laughed at how pathetic he was too when he got pushed back by a little kid like Satoko, now that I mention it, Satoko sure has enormous physical strength, she could hit a homerun before, right? That's crazy.
Edit: Satoko's voice acting was pretty bad, huh?

TL;DR
Keiichi sucks.
ToG25thBaamApr 18, 2014 6:20 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 11:12 AM
Feb 2013
Okay, this is a good arc, but compared to the other two I feel that this is a bit weaker in a way, don't know how. Still, wonder who is going to go nuts, Rena or Satoko?
Apr 28, 2014 6:10 AM

Jan 2014
I never liked Oiishi, so this episode reinforces my judge about him.

I always thought that Keiichi sometimes needs to take some steps back, but in this episode was so persistent.
If you see that she had a panic attack because of you touching her, why do you continue to act like it?

And it seems that Satoshi was abusing her too.
So, in the first arc we saw that Satoshi was acting weird at a certain point, like someone was after him, so he felt his life in danger.
Could it be because Satoko's friend were about to kill him precisely because they knew he was abusing her?
Maybe they killed him faking his death as the curse of Oyamashiro, while making Satoko believe that he just ran away.
But Rena?
She was so serious about him being murdered by the curse, so maybe she weren't involved in his assassination, so that the suspects could be Rika and Mion, and maybe even Shion, but my strong suspects are for the Coach.
He is so taken by her, so maybe he knew all of this and slaughtered Satoshi, covered by Mion's family..

I don't know, this show is mindfucking.
May 3, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2014
fishergirl16 said:
Ugh, I just feel so bad for everyone in this show, subjected to a horrible fate. It's none of their faults and yet they're so disturbed by everything.

More than being scary, this show is so full of despair and sadness.
Blaah. So gotta watch a school romance after this XD

And Ooishi turned into such a meanie this arc >:(

I totally agree with you.
Aug 20, 2014 12:14 AM
Dec 2011
so satoko knows what really happen to her brother....! she couldn't pretend anymore that she didn't know anything ! that's what happen!in the end that reaction!... she had to keep it inside and pretend he is just missing by that ran away... she knows what going on in the village. COUCH is away too close to SATOKO after knowing OISHI is after her! :3 also i think OISHI got pissed at keiichi there is a reason for that too ...it will be explain later i hope :3

also i have my suspicions on that "nurse" takano woman .... she is very bold about what she is saying not a bit afraid overly open about things and so easy going that it is creepy also that photographer he is so relaxed about things i have my eye on them we will see what happen next hmmmmm...........!!! :3
Sep 9, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2012
Damn... Satako has it pretty bad. Looks like keichii triggered something connected to abuse , even though what she seemed to see was her brother that she adored? Hmmm
Sep 23, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
Hermit_Chuck said:
cwblackbeard said:

She was probably even raped by her brother as well. This show loves having scenes where they tend to really get messed up.

What? It wasn't sexual abuse was it?

I think (based by her reaction) it was :|
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 28, 2014 10:46 PM

Dec 2014

Good police 2
Bad police 1

:'v
Jan 24, 2015 2:07 AM

Aug 2014
I hope the uncle dies the most gruesome death. Was her brother also abusing her?
Jan 25, 2015 6:02 PM

Jan 2014
So I'm assuming satoshi abused her too? And damn is satoko strong xD
Mar 21, 2015 4:07 PM
Nov 2014
Poor Satoko but damn she's strong enough to push Keiichi away with such force lol.
Mar 28, 2015 10:58 AM
Mar 2013
Let me guess she killed her brother.
Apr 22, 2015 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
Is it me or is Ooishi slowly becoming more of a bad guy with each arc? First arc = good cop, second arc = neutral cop, third arc = bad cop. His personality seems to be gradually changing with each reset.

Also Satoko throwing Keiichi around like that was ridiculous, this kid needs to start lifting weights or something lmao.
Shape430Apr 22, 2015 4:15 AM
May 16, 2015 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
Bruh... I can't believe a small girl like Satoko freaking pushing him so hard he hits the desks? Sounds like Pain's repel move from Naruto. Not to mention that she did it twice.

I'm at a loss now that the police detective dude is the bad guy now. These arcs really are total recall. Or are they? It's hard to tell at the moment. But as everyone mentioned, there should be some sort of continuity here...

If it was Satoshi that was discovered in the bags, that would definitely bolster the continuity theory.

Indeed, one of the most grotesque scenes so far...Satoko at the end.
Aug 1, 2015 5:18 PM

Oct 2014
I'm confused why she was happy he was acting like her brother before, and then she freaked out at the end? Like, what? Guess I'll have to keep watching to find out.

The way the eyes widen and faces contort is so creepy
Oct 11, 2015 4:17 PM

May 2015
DANG. That little girl can sure throw a punch.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 22, 2015 5:03 PM

Dec 2013
Satoko got super strenght by carrying all that beer around.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 4, 2015 10:32 PM

Oct 2014
jdimaria3 said:
I'm confused why she was happy he was acting like her brother before, and then she freaked out at the end? Like, what? Guess I'll have to keep watching to find out.

The way the eyes widen and faces contort is so creepy

Same thoughts here, mate.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Nov 24, 2015 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
Doesn't it feel like The main guy is knowing more and handling things more smoother than the past? Like him knowing about the three families thing and not overreacting on the killings. Its almost as if he is remembering little facts o_o
Jan 2, 2016 3:54 PM

Sep 2015
hmm I gotta admit this has been going downhill since the end of the 1st arc (peak of the series so far)....
This seriously needed some sort of cohesion between the different stories they tell each arc. I almost couldn't believe the police detective is a bad guy now...

And the story is kinda getting worse to follow or pay attention because we already know quite a bunch of it. I thought they were going to increasingly add new information that wasn't said previously in the other arcs instead of retelling what we already know, only in a different way...

8/10 so far
TchamiJan 2, 2016 3:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2016 1:10 PM
Mar 2016
Well this show keeps on changing my perspective on characters. Oishi is totally an ass and now I kinda dislike him, a lot.

I didn't trust him from the start, but sort of forgot about my lack of trust for him. Now this comes back to haunt me.
Jan 19, 2017 6:18 AM
Jan 2012
I am thinking her brother abused her too :T Poor Satoko.

Also, maybe the coach isn't that bad? I wonder, but it is soon to tell. Satoko's uncle, though, wish Mion would cut his insides out while he is still alive.
Jan 19, 2017 6:43 AM
Jan 2012
Melcookie96 said:
Doesn't it feel like The main guy is knowing more and handling things more smoother than the past? Like him knowing about the three families thing and not overreacting on the killings. Its almost as if he is remembering little facts o_o
Yeah. It feels like he retains basic memories of other timelines. Not even sure if there are multiple timelines, but it feels like it.
Jan 19, 2017 7:03 AM
Jan 2012
ReilaNimu said:
Oishi-san is ridiculously annoying this time :/ I liked him before. And Satoko is so dumb for rejecting help. I know she had a troubled past and I feel sorry for her, but I can't help but feel annoyed by her character. On a related note, they finally showed Satoshi's face. Or did they show it before? I don't remember. Anyway, I have a feeling he isn't/wasn't a nice person.
LOL, oh my god, I was a heartless bastard four yeas ago.
Apr 20, 2017 11:37 PM

Feb 2014
I feel like Satoshi used to abuse Satoko and that's one of the reasons he ran away. Seeing her snap on MC and their connection at this point makes me think that way.
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Sep 5, 2017 12:24 PM

May 2015
HOW STRONG IS SATOKO?! :D

Little girl lost it.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 13, 2018 1:58 PM

Jul 2016
hm Satoko is the first character to interest me so far
Apr 7, 2018 1:48 PM

Sep 2017
You just had to touch her didn't you? Not once, but thrice. Sometimes I can't help but think Keiichi is a idiot.

And that vomiting was the most gruesome thing I had ever seen. Made me cringe the most. In a horror series with blood and body parts no less.

Everyone's life is pretty shitty. Rena was gf of Satoshi apparently, Mion is the son of the demon, (or daughter, whatever you want to call her), the female photographer is horny, Satoko has brother issues and abuse, and Riko is just innocent. WTF indeed.

But atleast the MC seems to be better at handling things. Also, I bet the horny woman met Keiichi in previous timeline too.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 9, 2018 10:31 AM
Oct 2017
One Punch Satoko lol
Mar 4, 2019 9:39 AM
Mar 2017
I wish I was sad about this episode, but the repetitive excuses made me freak out again (curse's indication?)
May 11, 2019 9:21 AM

Aug 2018
Wtf this episode was so messed up. Mission failed, we could not protect her smile.
This episode was so disturbing, probably more than even the murders. Poor Satoko had such a hard life. It's amazing she was able to be so joyful among her friends before her uncle came back. Also Satoko being able to cook has a new layer with this episode. Poor girl was probably forced to do all the chores in the house since a young age.

Stop breaking my heart Higurashi. The beginning chapters of each arc where they gives us cheerful slice of life moments just adds salt to the wounds.
<Insert clever quote>
Jun 14, 2019 5:13 AM
Apr 2016
Child abuse, huh. Seems like the detective is getting more and more aggressive and evil each time Keiichi dies. I wonder how long this loop will continue.
Dec 31, 2019 12:20 AM

Dec 2013
Man, Ooishi is getting worse in every episode. But I feel bad for Satoko! She looks so traumatised! I thought that Sonozaki family can really choose the target of the curse. But it seems that a lot of things started to unveil.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 15, 2020 7:43 AM
Sep 2019
When I thought, in a surprising turn of events, that the MC had actually some brains, wanting to involve child protection... He turns to the resident mafia family to have the situation sorted. Ok.
Even though I have to admit the made up story of past abuse by Satoko's stepfather could somehow justify the reluctance of involving the police. Still, kudos to the teacher who tried!
I always feel with this anime that there is always too much on the plate. In the current story arc:

- violent police
- the creepy nurse
- child abuse
- stepfather backstory
- possibly sexual abuse by Satoko's brother? Considering her reaction at the end of the episode, I think that's the hint they are giving. But why snapping now? It's not the first time Keiichi showed her some affection

I am losing faith in this anime. Completely independent microstories packed up with information, but with only a span of few episodes, where there is not enough time to get a decent development. I hope to be wrong.
Apr 24, 2020 12:00 AM

Feb 2018
Keiichi and friend want to help Satoko.
May 16, 2020 4:27 PM
Oct 2019
Yo Keiichi, Satoko pushed you away multiple times, threw up on the floor, started crying and freaking out for a reason. Wisen the f up and back off for a second, bruh.

And there's that repetitive "I'm sorry. I'm sorry" again that has something to do with the Oyashiro demon dude.

More pedo coach. And this copper is looking sketchier.

Not sure which this timeline is heading as of now...
May 24, 2020 4:07 AM
Oct 2011
I didn't realise that Satoko had super human strength
May 25, 2020 5:39 AM

May 2018
And this is why you should not head pat lolis
Jul 8, 2020 8:44 PM

Aug 2018
I feel so bad for Satoko, hope her uncle will stop abusing her.

Aug 27, 2020 11:43 AM

May 2016
Poor girl I really feel bad for her.
Never thought Oishi would ever be such a jerk.
Sep 7, 2020 11:43 AM

Apr 2013
Every time I think Keiichi's stupidity is maxed out, the surprises me. How dumb does someone have to be to accuse one of his friends to be involved in a murder plot, wth?
Oct 1, 2020 2:54 PM

Nov 2018
Miyo is too suspicious to be not be some kind of mastermind.
She dies in every route , but there's never any proof that she is truly dead.
I hate everyone equally
Oct 1, 2020 3:05 PM

Nov 2018
''You still haven't remembered my name?''
Sounds like it's his 3rd life already and Miyo also knows it.
I hate everyone equally
Oct 10, 2020 1:33 AM

Jan 2020
Keiichi seems to resemble Satoko's "Nii Nii" A LOT. They already revealed in the first arc that Keiichi did the same things as Satoshi right before he "transferred out". The story keeps getting more and more interesting.
Oct 13, 2020 7:47 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my poor Satoko-chan

Also what's going on with Oishi-san, it's kinda sus bro...

And how the fuck can Satoko-chan pushed Keiichi across the classroom lol
davidyodo24Oct 13, 2020 7:51 AM
Oct 18, 2020 11:42 PM

Apr 2020
I was also thinking that he should tell Mion to kill Satoko's uncle.
Was the last part her remembering Satoshi or a bad memory?
--AbiSa--
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.