Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 14, 2010 4:03 PM

Nov 2009
poor Satako!!! and wow Satoshi was cute with that evil grin!!! but i wonder what he did to cause it. . . and Satako really is strong!!! she pushed him all the way across the room!!! AMAZING!!! lol i thought Coach was her uncle for a second cuz they got out of the car together... *thank goodness he wasnt!!!* all in all great epi i love learning about Satako!!!
Oct 15, 2010 12:12 AM

Mar 2010
so she barfed on the floor and wend semi berserk

well im started to know the characters a little bit more

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 2, 2010 3:50 PM

Aug 2010
When Satoko flipped I got really freaked out. I mean she pushed Keiichi across the room!!

Ugh more mysteries
Nov 11, 2010 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
Oishi is definitely different in this arc compared to the previous two. Satako must be really strong to push Keiichi across the classroom like that. Also, Takano seemed really weird again when she was talking about Wataganushi.
Feb 17, 2011 7:00 AM

Dec 2010
What's up with Ooshi in this arc? He's totally different to the previous arcs! Still, Rena had some character turns as well, so it's not really that unexpected...

Yep, suspicions of Satoshi are now most definitely raised. Up till now he's been described as almost the 'perfect brother who disappered too young', but, as is pretty much always the case with Higurashi, is not all that he seems. Can't wait to see how this one plays out :-D
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
May 26, 2011 3:51 PM

Jan 2009
Hmm, what an episode! First off, my god, Satoko's really got it rough this arc around! Dx Not just the abuse, but we really see in this storyline and episode just how much of an impact her missing "nii nii" has on her. =T Refusing help for abuse just to become stronger, and for her brother at that... Gosh, hold old is she anyway? Poor kid... And those vacant eyes she had...

Secondly... Is it just me, or does Oishi have a personality for every story arc? First storyline he was a kind and helpful officer trying to keep Keiichi alive. Second time he was kind of weird and asked a lot of questions, creepily so, and didn't manage to keep Keiichi alive... again. Now he's just downright frightening. Dx Like a corrupt cop or something. The way he roughed up Keiichi made me think of a mobster or something. Dx

Third... I think Takano remembers Keiichi, from the last two... arcs. Somehow. When she said "You don't remember me still" or whatever, I thought right off the bat that she was referring to the last two times they had met for the first time. It was a weird feeling. She kinda creeps me out in general though.

Lots more thoughts but I don't want to keep rambling... Onto the next portion of this chapter.
suicune141May 26, 2011 6:27 PM
Jun 4, 2011 11:57 PM

Oct 2008
o_o;
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 5, 2011 1:03 PM
Jul 2010
Why does it seem to me like everyone's psycho in this arc? I mean, besides Rika and Mion, all the other girls had some creepy moment (well, Mion was kinda creepy too when Keiichi went to talk to her in this episode) and even Oishi seems fucked up. Also, I really got the impression that Takano remembers Keiichi from the last two arcs but that would be kinda wired since the scenario seems to reset each time he dies. And Satoko surely is strong, pushing Keiichi across the room!
Jan 12, 2012 2:32 PM

Dec 2009
On each episode I'm getting more and more suspicious of that police officer |:
What the heck happened to Sakoto at the end??
Feb 22, 2012 2:09 AM

May 2009
Lol wth was up with that face he randomly made at Rena for like 2 seconds

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Feb 22, 2012 2:58 AM

Nov 2011
Poor Satoko :'(
I hope this arc will make some things more clear, cus it started to be like that...
And that policeman, Ooishi, is not so nice as he used to be :oo
Mar 12, 2012 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
like others have said before me, Satoko's reaction to Keiichi alludes to some kind of abuse.
I think it might have even stirred some repressed memories as well.
I'm curious to hear more of Satoko's backstory.
It looks like everyone holds some kind of dark past.
Apr 24, 2012 5:04 PM

Jan 2012
ashleywa said:
like others have said before me, Satoko's reaction to Keiichi alludes to some kind of abuse.

She was probably even raped by her brother as well. This show loves having scenes where they tend to really get messed up.
Jun 27, 2012 10:26 AM

Jul 2010
Ugh, I just feel so bad for everyone in this show, subjected to a horrible fate. It's none of their faults and yet they're so disturbed by everything.

More than being scary, this show is so full of despair and sadness.
Blaah. So gotta watch a school romance after this XD

And Ooishi turned into such a meanie this arc >:(
Jul 5, 2012 12:21 PM

Jan 2012
cwblackbeard said:
ashleywa said:

She was probably even raped by her brother as well. This show loves having scenes where they tend to really get messed up.

What? It wasn't sexual abuse was it?
Jul 18, 2012 11:55 PM

Jun 2012
patient_senses said:

There's certainly something going on with Takano as well. I completely forgot how they met in the first arc and she already knew who Keiichi was and in this one she says "you still don't remember me?" I think she has something to do with everything thats going on and why the stories are repeated.

I was thinking something very similar to this too. In the second arc, they said she was immolated 24 hours before they saw her at the shrine, which is already very suspicious. She always knows whats up with everything, but at this point all I can do is speculate.

Also, when Satako snapped, she started saying "I'm sorry" nonstop, just like Rena did in the first arc, so there is definitely a connection. Also, i think I remember somebody saying "I'm sorry" in the second arc too, but they didn't repeat it IIRC.
LarasoJul 18, 2012 11:58 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 19, 2012 7:02 PM

May 2012
atrophaneurae said:
aw, poor Satoko-chan~

but this anime is so weird , I assume there's no linear timeline to explain how the storyline unfolds, but each chapter is supposed to reveal clues to the annual Hinamizawa murders?

also, I will never get used to the 'scary' side of each of the girls , the way their faces contort & their eyes widen.. this is probably the part of the show that freaks me out the most, moreso than all the deaths. o_o
Yep!
Jul 30, 2012 9:02 PM

Feb 2012
Satoko scared me.

I don't understand Oishi this episode.

Is it me or Takano seems to like.. "remember" Keiichi from previous stories? I might just imagine it though.
Nov 14, 2012 10:41 PM

Oct 2012
This was so sad..I feel pity for Satoko..
However I noticed something..Might be unrelated but WTH
At the first few eps (1,2,3 or 4) Rena was out in the rain telling Keichii sorry for like many times
And Satoko did the same..
Could it be that she is the killer this time??
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Nov 18, 2012 6:49 AM
Jan 2012
Oishi-san is ridiculously annoying this time :/ I liked him before. And Satoko is so dumb for rejecting help. I know she had a troubled past and I feel sorry for her, but I can't help but feel annoyed by her character. On a related note, they finally showed Satoshi's face. Or did they show it before? I don't remember. Anyway, I have a feeling he isn't/wasn't a nice person.

On a side note, I think Satoko will be the psycho this time and I hope so. Rena was in the first arc and Mion in the second. If Satoko end up being the crazy bitch now, we will probably see more of Rika in the next one :')
Feb 5, 2013 10:01 PM

Sep 2012
That sucks. She's abused, then denies it. On the other note, she has super strength that threw Keichii to the other side of the room. I wonder what we'll see next?
Apr 15, 2013 12:04 PM
Nov 2012
As usual, I am totally creeped out and have no idea whats going to in this show. Well thats Higurashi for you :p
Apr 20, 2013 10:09 PM

Sep 2009
Poor Satoko-chan.. I wonder why she was afraid at the end?
Jun 27, 2013 3:34 PM
Nov 2012
I love how there are similarities threading through all of the episodes. I can't wait to see how they all tie together in the end.
Jul 15, 2013 11:27 PM

Feb 2011
So Oishi is one of the bad guys now? The madness of this show, don´t get me wrong I love it!
However, I did hate Keichi and his "kill her uncle!!!" bull, really juvenile and stupid. I´m still trying to guess who will be the bad guy here.
Aug 10, 2013 8:52 PM

May 2013
Ooishi seems to be the bad guy.

Tomitake and Takano appear again, but there's still something weird about Takano.

I feel sorry for Satoko, but that push was very strong.
I guess she's the one for this arc because she kept apologizing in the end.
And we all remember how Rena apologized in the first arc.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 12, 2013 11:07 PM

Jun 2011
Cesar-sama said:
I always laugh at the part where Satoko screams and pushes Keiichi. It's ridiculous! XD

And it's so funny to read everyone's comment! XD

I wish I could forget everything about Higurashi and watch it all over again... sigh... -_-

Same here :(
Nov 16, 2013 11:43 AM

Jun 2013
And Ooishi shows his true colors.

I'm guessing all this "abuse" story isn't quite what it seems...

Nice Boat two episodes away?
Dec 28, 2013 12:44 AM

Jul 2008
Oishi was pissong me off before but now i wish he was the one getting killed. And it looks like Satoshi was abusing Satoko as well...just lovely.
Jan 14, 2014 10:00 PM
May 2013
I guess all people from village are mad ...
Jan 15, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
God, that last scene was disturbing. I wonder what happened. Did she really had a good relationship with her brother? Maybe he was abusing her too.

Also, when she say that she want to deal with problem herself, I wonder if it's not her the killer this time. Mion seemed sincere when she said that they weren't the cause of the murder. Sakoto also have a mobile for all the murder before, if like I said, her relationship with her brother wasn't as happy as she try to make believe.

I hope her oncle is the next victim, I hate child abuse.

Oishi was fucking weird in that episode. The more the story, the less I like him.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 15, 2014 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
minouneetzoe said:
God, that last scene was disturbing. I wonder what happened. Did she really had a good relationship with her brother? Maybe he was abusing her too.

Also, when she say that she want to deal with problem herself, I wonder if it's not her the killer this time. Mion seemed sincere when she said that they weren't the cause of the murder. Sakoto also have a mobile for all the murder before, if like I said, her relationship with her brother wasn't as happy as she try to make believe.

I hope her oncle is the next victim, I hate child abuse.

Oishi was fucking weird in that episode. The more the story, the less I like him.
you is right oishi is weird in that episode but she does love her brother a lot he is her protector but he leave and its now shion job... she failed.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 6, 2014 3:26 AM

Jan 2009
sakoto's uncle needs to get cursed already
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 23, 2014 1:12 AM

Sep 2013
Keiichi really has a thing for touching little girls.
Apr 18, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2011
^ Lmao. Maebara Keiichi is amazing, this guy can get worse every arc, he was just so unlikable in this episode. I wonder why did Keiichi give Oiishi the mean look when he just met him for the first time? This guy cannot control his own feelings too, and I laughed every time he apologized. Do you know what people need to apologize for? It is not just a figure of speech, you yourself need to change if you think you're doing the wrong thing. I laughed at how pathetic he was too when he got pushed back by a little kid like Satoko, now that I mention it, Satoko sure has enormous physical strength, she could hit a homerun before, right? That's crazy.
Edit: Satoko's voice acting was pretty bad, huh?

TL;DR
Keiichi sucks.
ToG25thBaamApr 18, 2014 6:20 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 11:12 AM
Feb 2013
Okay, this is a good arc, but compared to the other two I feel that this is a bit weaker in a way, don't know how. Still, wonder who is going to go nuts, Rena or Satoko?
Apr 28, 2014 6:10 AM

Jan 2014
I never liked Oiishi, so this episode reinforces my judge about him.

I always thought that Keiichi sometimes needs to take some steps back, but in this episode was so persistent.
If you see that she had a panic attack because of you touching her, why do you continue to act like it?

And it seems that Satoshi was abusing her too.
So, in the first arc we saw that Satoshi was acting weird at a certain point, like someone was after him, so he felt his life in danger.
Could it be because Satoko's friend were about to kill him precisely because they knew he was abusing her?
Maybe they killed him faking his death as the curse of Oyamashiro, while making Satoko believe that he just ran away.
But Rena?
She was so serious about him being murdered by the curse, so maybe she weren't involved in his assassination, so that the suspects could be Rika and Mion, and maybe even Shion, but my strong suspects are for the Coach.
He is so taken by her, so maybe he knew all of this and slaughtered Satoshi, covered by Mion's family..

I don't know, this show is mindfucking.
May 3, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2014
fishergirl16 said:
Ugh, I just feel so bad for everyone in this show, subjected to a horrible fate. It's none of their faults and yet they're so disturbed by everything.

More than being scary, this show is so full of despair and sadness.
Blaah. So gotta watch a school romance after this XD

And Ooishi turned into such a meanie this arc >:(

I totally agree with you.
Aug 20, 2014 12:14 AM
Dec 2011
so satoko knows what really happen to her brother....! she couldn't pretend anymore that she didn't know anything ! that's what happen!in the end that reaction!... she had to keep it inside and pretend he is just missing by that ran away... she knows what going on in the village. COUCH is away too close to SATOKO after knowing OISHI is after her! :3 also i think OISHI got pissed at keiichi there is a reason for that too ...it will be explain later i hope :3

also i have my suspicions on that "nurse" takano woman .... she is very bold about what she is saying not a bit afraid overly open about things and so easy going that it is creepy also that photographer he is so relaxed about things i have my eye on them we will see what happen next hmmmmm...........!!! :3
Sep 9, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2012
Damn... Satako has it pretty bad. Looks like keichii triggered something connected to abuse , even though what she seemed to see was her brother that she adored? Hmmm
Sep 23, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
Hermit_Chuck said:
cwblackbeard said:

What? It wasn't sexual abuse was it?

I think (based by her reaction) it was :|
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 28, 2014 10:46 PM

Dec 2014

Good police 2
Bad police 1

:'v
Jan 24, 2015 2:07 AM

Aug 2014
I hope the uncle dies the most gruesome death. Was her brother also abusing her?
Jan 25, 2015 6:02 PM

Jan 2014
So I'm assuming satoshi abused her too? And damn is satoko strong xD
Mar 21, 2015 4:07 PM
Nov 2014
Poor Satoko but damn she's strong enough to push Keiichi away with such force lol.
Mar 28, 2015 10:58 AM
Mar 2013
Let me guess she killed her brother.
Apr 22, 2015 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
Is it me or is Ooishi slowly becoming more of a bad guy with each arc? First arc = good cop, second arc = neutral cop, third arc = bad cop. His personality seems to be gradually changing with each reset.

Also Satoko throwing Keiichi around like that was ridiculous, this kid needs to start lifting weights or something lmao.
Shape430Apr 22, 2015 4:15 AM
May 16, 2015 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
Bruh... I can't believe a small girl like Satoko freaking pushing him so hard he hits the desks? Sounds like Pain's repel move from Naruto. Not to mention that she did it twice.

I'm at a loss now that the police detective dude is the bad guy now. These arcs really are total recall. Or are they? It's hard to tell at the moment. But as everyone mentioned, there should be some sort of continuity here...

If it was Satoshi that was discovered in the bags, that would definitely bolster the continuity theory.

Indeed, one of the most grotesque scenes so far...Satoko at the end.
Aug 1, 2015 5:18 PM

Oct 2014
I'm confused why she was happy he was acting like her brother before, and then she freaked out at the end? Like, what? Guess I'll have to keep watching to find out.

The way the eyes widen and faces contort is so creepy
Oct 11, 2015 4:17 PM

May 2015
DANG. That little girl can sure throw a punch.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.