Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 22, 2015 5:03 PM

Dec 2013
Satoko got super strenght by carrying all that beer around.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 4, 2015 10:32 PM

Oct 2014
jdimaria3 said:
I'm confused why she was happy he was acting like her brother before, and then she freaked out at the end? Like, what? Guess I'll have to keep watching to find out.

The way the eyes widen and faces contort is so creepy

Same thoughts here, mate.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Nov 24, 2015 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
Doesn't it feel like The main guy is knowing more and handling things more smoother than the past? Like him knowing about the three families thing and not overreacting on the killings. Its almost as if he is remembering little facts o_o
Jan 2, 2016 3:54 PM

Sep 2015
hmm I gotta admit this has been going downhill since the end of the 1st arc (peak of the series so far)....
This seriously needed some sort of cohesion between the different stories they tell each arc. I almost couldn't believe the police detective is a bad guy now...

And the story is kinda getting worse to follow or pay attention because we already know quite a bunch of it. I thought they were going to increasingly add new information that wasn't said previously in the other arcs instead of retelling what we already know, only in a different way...

8/10 so far
TchamiJan 2, 2016 3:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2016 1:10 PM
Mar 2016
Well this show keeps on changing my perspective on characters. Oishi is totally an ass and now I kinda dislike him, a lot.

I didn't trust him from the start, but sort of forgot about my lack of trust for him. Now this comes back to haunt me.
Jan 19, 2017 6:18 AM
Jan 2012
I am thinking her brother abused her too :T Poor Satoko.

Also, maybe the coach isn't that bad? I wonder, but it is soon to tell. Satoko's uncle, though, wish Mion would cut his insides out while he is still alive.
Jan 19, 2017 6:43 AM
Jan 2012
Melcookie96 said:
Doesn't it feel like The main guy is knowing more and handling things more smoother than the past? Like him knowing about the three families thing and not overreacting on the killings. Its almost as if he is remembering little facts o_o
Yeah. It feels like he retains basic memories of other timelines. Not even sure if there are multiple timelines, but it feels like it.
Jan 19, 2017 7:03 AM
Jan 2012
ReilaNimu said:
Oishi-san is ridiculously annoying this time :/ I liked him before. And Satoko is so dumb for rejecting help. I know she had a troubled past and I feel sorry for her, but I can't help but feel annoyed by her character. On a related note, they finally showed Satoshi's face. Or did they show it before? I don't remember. Anyway, I have a feeling he isn't/wasn't a nice person.
LOL, oh my god, I was a heartless bastard four yeas ago.
Apr 20, 2017 11:37 PM

Feb 2014
I feel like Satoshi used to abuse Satoko and that's one of the reasons he ran away. Seeing her snap on MC and their connection at this point makes me think that way.
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Sep 5, 2017 12:24 PM

May 2015
HOW STRONG IS SATOKO?! :D

Little girl lost it.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 13, 2018 1:58 PM

Jul 2016
hm Satoko is the first character to interest me so far
Apr 7, 2018 1:48 PM

Sep 2017
You just had to touch her didn't you? Not once, but thrice. Sometimes I can't help but think Keiichi is a idiot.

And that vomiting was the most gruesome thing I had ever seen. Made me cringe the most. In a horror series with blood and body parts no less.

Everyone's life is pretty shitty. Rena was gf of Satoshi apparently, Mion is the son of the demon, (or daughter, whatever you want to call her), the female photographer is horny, Satoko has brother issues and abuse, and Riko is just innocent. WTF indeed.

But atleast the MC seems to be better at handling things. Also, I bet the horny woman met Keiichi in previous timeline too.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 9, 2018 10:31 AM
Oct 2017
One Punch Satoko lol
Mar 4, 2019 9:39 AM
Mar 2017
I wish I was sad about this episode, but the repetitive excuses made me freak out again (curse's indication?)
May 11, 2019 9:21 AM

Aug 2018
Wtf this episode was so messed up. Mission failed, we could not protect her smile.
This episode was so disturbing, probably more than even the murders. Poor Satoko had such a hard life. It's amazing she was able to be so joyful among her friends before her uncle came back. Also Satoko being able to cook has a new layer with this episode. Poor girl was probably forced to do all the chores in the house since a young age.

Stop breaking my heart Higurashi. The beginning chapters of each arc where they gives us cheerful slice of life moments just adds salt to the wounds.
<Insert clever quote>
Jun 14, 2019 5:13 AM
Apr 2016
Child abuse, huh. Seems like the detective is getting more and more aggressive and evil each time Keiichi dies. I wonder how long this loop will continue.
Dec 31, 2019 12:20 AM

Dec 2013
Man, Ooishi is getting worse in every episode. But I feel bad for Satoko! She looks so traumatised! I thought that Sonozaki family can really choose the target of the curse. But it seems that a lot of things started to unveil.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 15, 2020 7:43 AM
Sep 2019
When I thought, in a surprising turn of events, that the MC had actually some brains, wanting to involve child protection... He turns to the resident mafia family to have the situation sorted. Ok.
Even though I have to admit the made up story of past abuse by Satoko's stepfather could somehow justify the reluctance of involving the police. Still, kudos to the teacher who tried!
I always feel with this anime that there is always too much on the plate. In the current story arc:

- violent police
- the creepy nurse
- child abuse
- stepfather backstory
- possibly sexual abuse by Satoko's brother? Considering her reaction at the end of the episode, I think that's the hint they are giving. But why snapping now? It's not the first time Keiichi showed her some affection

I am losing faith in this anime. Completely independent microstories packed up with information, but with only a span of few episodes, where there is not enough time to get a decent development. I hope to be wrong.
Apr 24, 2020 12:00 AM

Feb 2018
Keiichi and friend want to help Satoko.
May 16, 2020 4:27 PM
Oct 2019
Yo Keiichi, Satoko pushed you away multiple times, threw up on the floor, started crying and freaking out for a reason. Wisen the f up and back off for a second, bruh.

And there's that repetitive "I'm sorry. I'm sorry" again that has something to do with the Oyashiro demon dude.

More pedo coach. And this copper is looking sketchier.

Not sure which this timeline is heading as of now...
May 24, 2020 4:07 AM
Oct 2011
I didn't realise that Satoko had super human strength
May 25, 2020 5:39 AM

May 2018
And this is why you should not head pat lolis
Jul 8, 2020 8:44 PM

Aug 2018
I feel so bad for Satoko, hope her uncle will stop abusing her.

Aug 27, 2020 11:43 AM

May 2016
Poor girl I really feel bad for her.
Never thought Oishi would ever be such a jerk.
Sep 7, 2020 11:43 AM

Apr 2013
Every time I think Keiichi's stupidity is maxed out, the surprises me. How dumb does someone have to be to accuse one of his friends to be involved in a murder plot, wth?
Oct 1, 2020 2:54 PM

Nov 2018
Miyo is too suspicious to be not be some kind of mastermind.
She dies in every route , but there's never any proof that she is truly dead.
I hate everyone equally
Oct 1, 2020 3:05 PM

Nov 2018
''You still haven't remembered my name?''
Sounds like it's his 3rd life already and Miyo also knows it.
I hate everyone equally
Oct 10, 2020 1:33 AM

Jan 2020
Keiichi seems to resemble Satoko's "Nii Nii" A LOT. They already revealed in the first arc that Keiichi did the same things as Satoshi right before he "transferred out". The story keeps getting more and more interesting.
Oct 13, 2020 7:47 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my poor Satoko-chan

Also what's going on with Oishi-san, it's kinda sus bro...

And how the fuck can Satoko-chan pushed Keiichi across the classroom lol
davidyodo24Oct 13, 2020 7:51 AM
Oct 18, 2020 11:42 PM

Apr 2020
I was also thinking that he should tell Mion to kill Satoko's uncle.
Was the last part her remembering Satoshi or a bad memory?
--AbiSa--
Oct 22, 2020 8:09 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A fine setup, a bit lessen the tension compared to the second episode at the first two arcs. Oh well, Satoko said sorry! I smelt a trance, there!

Okay, at this timeline, Satoko's uncle back from his escape, only to torture and gave a mental illness to Satoko. God must be damn! At this point, i even didn't surprised at all, if Keiichi die again. Because of his wrong act to be too kind to Satoko, and crossed the borderline to awakened her paranoia. Or another scenario possible happened like Satoko killed herself, his uncle, and then Keiichi because he had a similarity like his older brother.

Oh well, this was completely different from before. I didn't even feel any connections from the previous one, especially with the zombie thingy. Also, thats some great information, Rika. I really appreciated that! And whats the role of the doctor coach here? Okay. Patience is the key. So i should pretend nothing happened big here and let me see the next. The festival!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 28, 2020 2:36 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, Oishi acting kinda evil in this arc. Satoko has lived a shit life so far, gaddamn. Parents dead, brother missing, uncle abusing her. Give Satoko some happiness ;(. On another note Miyo is very sus.

Damn, does Satoko have super strength cause she just yeeted Keiichi with ease lmao. But, fuck man what type of shit did she remember about her brother to act like that :(.
Nov 5, 2020 9:36 PM

Nov 2012
Based on what she said I'm guessing Takano was possessed this episode. That or she remembers the last two arcs somehow.

Kind of surprising to see the Keiichi of this route wishing death to Satoko's uncle, but I guess it with good reasoning since he wants to protect her from the abuse. Saotoko's reaction when Keiichi touched her hints that Satoshi might not have been such a good brother either.
VanishingKiraNov 5, 2020 9:40 PM
Nov 20, 2020 7:05 PM

Mar 2019
Finally the part i was waiting for....

Now i wanna see how the 2020 version will manage this part/arc...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 10, 2021 2:34 PM

May 2020
Looks like Ooishi is getting worse and worse each arc. The first four episodes he was basically a pure guy, the second arc he tried to covertly use Keiichi as an excuse to raid the Sonozakis, and now he's just bad right from the get go. I also wonder if they'll be able to solve this predicament, as Satoko herself is suffering but she just refuses from any help. Judging from how the neither of the last two arcs had particularly happy endings, I'm think it will be really interesting how this one will end as well.
May 21, 2021 1:20 PM

Mar 2014
Poor Satoko, seeing her breakdown at the end of the episode was heartbreaking.
Dec 20, 2021 7:38 PM
Dec 2017
another creepy episode i think

May 30, 2022 10:14 AM
Nov 2020
This anime is actually not that scary or creepy for me tbh. The only thing that scares is those reintroductions everytime. They are introducing themselves as if we don't know them. And btw I just noticed something, in each story characteristics of the characters changes. Their behaviour changes. And who is that creepy bald principal of that school, shi. that guy is sus ngl.
Aug 24, 2022 8:45 AM

Feb 2021
So Keiichi is the heir of the Maebara residence here? So in this reality, he's a descendant of a famous family like the Sonozaki?

Damn, this reality's Oishi is a dick. He was threatening a fricking kid like bruh.

Poor Satoko and Satoshi had to go through child abuse. I'm glad that bitch aunt died.

That fucking asshole uncle is back and that mf is abusing Satoko. I really hope he gets brutally torture-murdered.

Seems like the Sonozaki's have no power over controlling the murders in this reality.

It breaks my heart to see Satoko like that. Poor kid is traumatised.

Jun 28, 2023 10:59 PM

Dec 2020
hm so we have a weird pedo, an abusive uncle, and a little girl with ptsd. really curious as to how this ones gonna play out after that opening.... poor satoko:(
Jul 30, 2023 10:11 AM
May 2020
Last scene be like "the worst she can say is no"
Mar 18, 4:04 PM
Feb 2022
Keichi is a stupid prick. He knows that Satoko is being abused. He also knows that he touched her head, and as consequence, she snapped. So naturally, he keeps trying to touch her making her panic more and more. Great going...
Mar 21, 9:56 AM
Dec 2023
i dont like puke haha
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.