MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Any good mecha/android anime or manga?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Any good mecha/android anime or manga?

12-01-09, 11:11 PM

Hiya! This is my first post on the forums >.> and I was hoping that someone on the forums could help me find what I was looking for better than the recommendations the site gives me. :p I'm looking for something along the lines of Brigadoon, Kurogane Communication, Steel Angel Kurumi, Casshern Sins, Android Kikaider, or Appleseed. Preferably something closer to Brigadoon. I can't seem to find anything like it. >_< Oh, and if any of you have any recommendations for mangas similar to those as well, that'd be great! ^_^ I like the whole relationship between mecha and human type deal, so please help me find 'em! =D

Here's a list of stuff I've already seen/read similar to this genre so I don't get re-recommendations, lol.

ANIME:

Brigadoon
Casshern Sins
Kurogane Communication
Android Kikaider
Steel Angel Kurumi
Appleseed
Argento Soma
Mahoromatic
Project Arms
Saber Marionette J

MANGA:

Brigadoon
Absolute Boyfriend
A.I. Revolution
Sleeping Beauty
Electric Mermaid

Modified by finalmode, 12-02-09, 1:00 AM

12-02-09, 12:15 AM

Haha,.,.. when I read your title I went here thinking I'd recommend Brigadoon to you, but looks like there's no need XD
http://melanblue.110mb.com. The One and Only Brigadoon Marin to Melan Fansite in the Entire Universe.

12-02-09, 12:23 AM

Blassreiter

Doesn't sound like one if you just read the synopsis, but those "demons" are actually machine-like creatures.

12-02-09, 1:18 AM

Modified by radiantfire, 12-02-09, 1:21 AM

12-02-09, 5:49 AM

For anime,
Armored Trooper Votoms might be of interest. Fyana is a Perfect Soldier, which seems to be some form of cyborg, considering she needs Jijirium to function and all.
And anything Ghost in the Shell.

For manga,
Battle Angel Alita for lots of cyborg action, and some existential questions in Last Order.
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou also deals with androids, though in a rather unusual way. Brilliant manga that one.
And then there's also all the GitS manga.
Modified by Baman, 12-02-09, 5:54 AM
Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

12-03-09, 9:54 AM

Baman said:
For manga,
Battle Angel Alita for lots of cyborg action, and some existential questions in Last Order.

I was just about to recommend this. Fits EXACTLY.

12-03-09, 11:48 AM

Hmm, since you stated you like the whole relationship between mecha and human type deal:

-Chobits (recommend manga, though there is an anime too)
-Hand Maid May (anime)
I think a lot of our social issues would be solved if we all just stayed at home and watched cartoons ~Hias & Oneesamaaa

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices