Forum Settings
Forums

'Prison School' TV Anime to Premiere Summer 2015

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 4, 2015 8:43 AM

Feb 2013
I have zero expectations for this
Mar 4, 2015 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
I read the synopsis it looks good, but the genres with which it is framed, I do not like.
I've had enough of the TV series in which the component ecchi only serves to make people horny, but that just ruin the narrative. I want stuff pretty tough.

Thanks for the news however...
Mar 4, 2015 9:22 AM

Mar 2014
ArgentiumTea said:
Wikipedia says Madhouse gonna do it. I hope its true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_School
Now it says studio Shaft though
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 4, 2015 9:26 AM

Oct 2014

I 've started skimming the manga an already I can see that this is more like MM times five.
Mar 4, 2015 9:30 AM

Jan 2015
Looks, good. Will definitely be adding this to my list of shows to follow for the Summer
Mar 4, 2015 10:08 AM

Oct 2011
Can't wait
Mar 4, 2015 10:10 AM

Jun 2011
keragamming said:
geralt said:
I honestly can't see this ending up being half as good as the manga, especially because I can't see the art being traduced well in anime form and then there's the whole censoring deal. Still, some good voice acting and a good studio adapting this might prove me wrong.

I have these exact thoughts. Well, let's hope for the best.
same.... half as good would still be great though, but damn it would be amazing if they could do it right, it would easily go into one of my top animes
Mar 4, 2015 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
Readers, what do you think would be better? Madhouse or Shaft?
Mar 4, 2015 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
robis798 said:

Madhouse. While Shaft can adapt unorthodox series, I don't think this one is suitable for them.
Mar 4, 2015 10:25 AM

Feb 2013
I'm in the hype train for the adaptation of one of my favorite manga ever. Can't fucking wait!

Mar 4, 2015 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
robis798 said:

Madhouse. Clearly the most suitable one
Mar 4, 2015 10:34 AM

Oct 2014
They are planning to censor the whole Anime, i think.
Mar 4, 2015 10:45 AM

Jun 2008
Sounds interesting.
Mar 4, 2015 10:58 AM

Feb 2012
Man ain't no way this gonna work on TV, but lets see what they bring out.
Mar 4, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
Censor incoming but I'm still excited for this, would never expect this to get an anime adaptation.
Mar 4, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
loneywizard said:
good to know its soon enough ....This could become a masterpiece or shit,no middle...Need someone good enough to adapt ridiculousness of the manga,SHAFT would be amazing #believe

After Shaft destroyed my first major hype in years (KagePro) I'm not believing in them anymore. Also, they haven't done anything spectacular like Bake or Madoka in years. And wouldn't it be like Nisekoi...You know, not a shinbou-like material with forced and unnecessary symbolism and weird angles.
''Hayao Miyazaki was a mistake''
-Anime
Mar 4, 2015 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
Good news for masochists.
Mar 4, 2015 11:34 AM

Mar 2014
robis798 said:
Shaft is better suited for lighthearted weird shit

Madhouse is better suited for dark weird shit

Madhouse>Shaft in this case
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 4, 2015 11:36 AM

May 2013
Yesterday i started to read this manga and when i did they gonna make an anime for it i'm very luckly :3
Mar 4, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2011
Impala said:
Good news for masochists.
and people with a good sense of humor
Mar 4, 2015 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
I hope it's not like the adaptation of Litchi Hikari Club

Sep 2013
I can't think of anyone but Madhouse, and even they won't be able to do justice to the amazing art

Sep 2011
The manga is hilarious but also extremely risque, it's borderline hentai at some parts. Hopefully it gets a good adaptation by a competent studio but I have serious doubts.

girlycard-saikou said:

ANDREEEEEE!!! Fucking lol'd
Mar 4, 2015 12:03 PM
Aug 2011
I really like this manga but this sounds like light beams and black bars aplenty.
Which is rather saddening to think about but come on now, can't go more than 2 pages without something ~not suitable~ for TV happening lmao.

Z4k said:
Gonna be disappointing if they pick Kirito's VA for the mc.

God yuck. I couldn't handle that.
Mar 4, 2015 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
It seems interesting.
Mar 4, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2011
Really is the MC's voice soooo important that you wont watch? its going to be subtitled anyways sheesh.... id put that in the dropping a show for a dumb reason thread :p
Fullmetal89 said:
The manga is hilarious but also extremely risque, it's borderline hentai at some parts. Hopefully it gets a good adaptation by a competent studio but I have serious doubts.

girlycard-saikou said:

ANDREEEEEE!!! Fucking lol'd
Ill never look at andre the same lmao
Mar 4, 2015 12:21 PM

Jun 2013
^1+

Because it's Kirito's voice, people won't watch it. Wow! that's pretty childish to me, unless you have a problem with the seiyuu's voice.
Mar 4, 2015 12:47 PM

Feb 2010
Impala said:
Because it's Kirito's voice, people won't watch it. Wow! that's pretty childish to me, unless you have a problem with the seiyuu's voice.

It's just as silly as people watching a certain anime because one of their favorite VA's in it. Seriously, that's like saying I'm watching a movie, only for the soundtrack.
Mar 4, 2015 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
AL19 said:
Impala said:

It's just as silly as people watching a certain anime because one of their favorite VA's in it. Seriously, that's like saying I'm watching a movie, only for the soundtrack.

I don't see how any of those 2 are stupid.
Mar 4, 2015 1:04 PM
Aug 2011
~3 people or so mention a certain voice actor and now you all are taking this out to places where it doesn't need to be taken.
Can't expect anything less from this website I guess.
Mar 4, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2011
I think if they can get the facial expressions down the show will still be great even with the censor-ness
parfaited said:
~3 people or so mention a certain voice actor and now you all are taking this out to places where it doesn't need to be taken.
Can't expect anything less from this website I guess.
same goes for your exaggerated hatred of a certain voice actor :p
Mar 4, 2015 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
If Madhouse could pull it off in the same gritty fashion they did Ninja Scroll, I'd definitely say give it to them.

Don't see why everyone is worried about censorship though. If we're talking about not including scenes, that's one thing, but light beams and black spots usually are done post-production so the BDs probably won't have it.

Looks cool though. I'll probably check it out.
Mar 4, 2015 2:17 PM
Oct 2011
Z4k said:
I wouldn't choose Madhouse for this since they have a terrible reputation like tampering the source material. They're bad in BD/DVD sales in general which decreases the chances of sequels.
The series will still never get a sequel anyway, and doesn't even need one.

And Madhouse brought High School of the Dead to us, doing this series is the best thing they'd ever do in 2015, especially if it's of the quality of HotD.

NTAD said:
If Madhouse could pull it off in the same gritty fashion they did Ninja Scroll, I'd definitely say give it to them.

Don't see why everyone is worried about censorship though. If we're talking about not including scenes, that's one thing, but light beams and black spots usually are done post-production so the BDs probably won't have it.

The series has a different style of humor compared to other ecchi anime and the ecchi is a big part of it. I doubt there'll be censorship, but people are more afraid of not adapting the humor well enough.
Candor123Mar 4, 2015 2:27 PM
Mar 4, 2015 2:28 PM
Aug 2011
Killaclown said:

Hey, I need that haterade to constantly fill up my sports bottle otherwise I might end up in a hospital due to severe dehydration.
Mar 4, 2015 2:29 PM

Mar 2014
girlycard-saikou said:
You don't have to worry because it won't reach that chapter.
Mar 4, 2015 2:30 PM
Oct 2011
Paulo27 said:
girlycard-saikou said:
You don't have to worry because it won't reach that chapter.
B-butt, Darwin..
Mar 4, 2015 2:30 PM

Jun 2011
parfaited said:
Killaclown said:

Hey, I need that haterade to constantly fill up my sports bottle otherwise I might end up in a hospital with a case of severe dehydration.
True it would be bad for an allihater to get dehydrated
Mar 4, 2015 2:40 PM

Feb 2013
Candor said:
NTAD said:

The series has a different style of humor compared to other ecchi anime and the ecchi is a big part of it. I doubt there'll be censorship, but people are more afraid of not adapting the humor well enough.
Well I wasn't initially considering the ecchi when drawing the comparison to Ninja Scroll, mainly the dark nature which it sounds like it has. I only have other people's recants to go off of since I've never read it, but it seems like most people are concerned about ecchi censorship, which is rarely an issue with post-production unless it was removed from production altogether.

It would help if someone could give me a show to possibly compare it to so I know what kind of show this should be like. Is it violent with dark/crude humor and a touch of ecchi like HotD, since that was the first show you mentioned?
Mar 4, 2015 2:46 PM
Jul 2012
Noo! Sometimes it's just better for a manga to stay a manga.
Mar 4, 2015 2:52 PM

Feb 2013
Hehe..............Looks like Johj is gonna be giving some censorship classes
Mar 4, 2015 3:40 PM

Oct 2013
NTAD said:
Candor said:
Well I wasn't initially considering the ecchi when drawing the comparison to Ninja Scroll, mainly the dark nature which it sounds like it has. I only have other people's recants to go off of since I've never read it, but it seems like most people are concerned about ecchi censorship, which is rarely an issue with post-production unless it was removed from production altogether.

It would help if someone could give me a show to possibly compare it to so I know what kind of show this should be like. Is it violent with dark/crude humor and a touch of ecchi like HotD, since that was the first show you mentioned?
Not quite, imagine Death Note's lel-so-epicz-moments with a lot of tits and black humor along with a decent plot

The comedy comes from ultra-dramatized scenes regarding stupid shit like thursting your dick in a plastic bottle to have your first kiss
Mar 4, 2015 3:58 PM

Jul 2009
Not sure if I will check it out, it's too appellative for me for the bit I have seen of the manga...
Mar 4, 2015 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
UnoPuntoCinco said:
NTAD said:

Not quite, imagine Death Note's lel-so-epicz-moments with a lot of tits and black humor along with a decent plot

The comedy comes from ultra-dramatized scenes regarding stupid shit like thursting your dick in a plastic bottle to have your first kiss
Fascinating. Haven't seen DN either, though. I guess I could use SYD as a basis for the type of humor to expect?

NTADMar 4, 2015 4:10 PM
Mar 4, 2015 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
Seems cool, I'm gonna watch it
Mar 4, 2015 4:26 PM

Sep 2013
ooh. I just hope the adaptation won't be horribly censored or just adapted horribly generally. I'd hate for the series to lose it's comedic appeal over a shitty anime adaptation.
Mar 4, 2015 4:28 PM

Jul 2012
another otaku anime for summer madhouse would be fitting since they love to pander to western otakus
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 4, 2015 6:21 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Well this just sped up my plans of reading the manga. I want to be ahead before the anime starts.

I heard it's really really good. And the MC is an Ass Man, which is awesome.
Mar 4, 2015 6:24 PM

Oct 2013
NTAD said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:

Fascinating. Haven't seen DN either, though. I guess I could use SYD as a basis for the type of humor to expect?

Not yet, it's more like NichijouxDeath NotexTo Love Ru Darkness
Mar 4, 2015 6:27 PM

Feb 2013
UnoPuntoCinco said:
NTAD said:

Oddly enough, I haven't seen Nichijou yet, but love my SoL. I should probably get on that. I assume you're referring to Nichi's over-the-top kind of humor though? And you can't go wrong with TLDR-esqe ecchi...depending on the studio. Sounds good enough for me.

Maybe I'll start reading the manga first to get a better idea.
Mar 4, 2015 6:29 PM

Oct 2013
NTAD said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Oddly enough, I haven't seen Nichijou yet, but love my SoL and you can't go wrong with TLDR-esqe ecchi. Sounds good enough for me...depending on the studio.

Maybe I'll start reading the manga first to get an idea.
The manga has Vagabond-tier art so the adaptation will very likely go wrong, do read the manga
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
7 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.