Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime series or franchise has the most obnoxious or pretentious fandom

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Mar 5, 2015 10:12 PM

Aug 2013
Feaor said:
DrGeroCreation said:
No they were not and it only really started to get hate when it reached the top 20. Fans of it in my experience tend to think people who don't like it are elitists or hipsters or people who don't like fun.
A lot of them are elitists/hipters/people who don't like fun though. And people were hardly going around yelling and screaming its the best thing ever but people were definitely bashing it a lot.
I don't really think so, that is an assumption people make. It only started to get bashed when it reached the top 20 and it was considered this super fun show that shouldn't be criticized at all by fans. It's like the fandom didn't take into account that fun is subjective.
Mar 5, 2015 10:15 PM

Aug 2013
keragamming said:
o123o said:

Bebop's awesome!!!

Its "fine" that's it.

True. It has a lot more competition now and often does not stand up nor stand out.
Mar 5, 2015 10:25 PM

Dec 2014
LoGH fanbase

They ll kill you if you dont agree with them
Mar 5, 2015 10:27 PM

Dec 2013
StevenHu said:
keragamming said:

Its "fine" that's it.

True. It has a lot more competition now and often does not stand up nor stand out.

Nah, in my opinion it's still up there.

I believe it's turned into one of those titles that people dislike/dismiss because of the praise it gets.
"Because I liked something else better, that makes CB average" is the line of thinking.

But hey, it's better off that way.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Mar 5, 2015 10:28 PM

Aug 2014
Lately its the Shirobako fans and giving us their knowledge.
Mar 5, 2015 11:21 PM

Aug 2014
keragamming said:
o123o said:

Bebop's awesome!!!

Its "fine" that's it.

As is AOT (burn)

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 5, 2015 11:30 PM

May 2014
aon, tg, ngnl, sao come to mind
Mar 5, 2015 11:54 PM

May 2014
Skyzblue said:
Inferno Cop haters.
Seriously why can't you see the greatness?

Apparently putting Inferno Cop in your favorites is considered "trying to be funny"

How can people be so inconsiderate... It's the most fun I've had with anime in a good long time.
Mar 5, 2015 11:55 PM
Apr 2014
WrongPriest said:
Skyzblue said:
Inferno Cop haters.
Seriously why can't you see the greatness?

Apparently putting Inferno Cop in your favorites is considered "trying to be funny"

How can people be so inconsiderate... It's the most fun I've had with anime in a good long time.

That joke is getting old now, though.
Mar 6, 2015 12:03 AM

May 2014
Gholy said:
WrongPriest said:

I didn't say it's IC/10 best anime ever, I retain the right to put it in my fucking favorites lol
Mar 6, 2015 12:04 AM
Apr 2014
WrongPriest said:
Gholy said:

I didn't say it's IC/10 best anime ever, I retain the right to put it in my fucking favorites lol

The fact that it's in your favorites already says a lot
Mar 6, 2015 12:28 AM

Jul 2014
ITT: People complaining about circle jerking in a reverse circle jerk thread.
Mar 6, 2015 12:43 AM

Dec 2013
retrogamer32x said:
Cakedog said:

Nah, in my opinion it's still up there.

I believe it's turned into one of those titles that people dislike/dismiss because of the praise it gets.
"Because I liked something else better, that makes CB average" is the line of thinking.

But hey, it's better off that way.

Most of the people who attack Bebop haven't even seen enough anime or western movies it was influenced by to really appreciate Bebop. You average anime fan isn't watching it and catching the callbacks to the green jacket Lupin series, Phillip Marlowe in The Long Goodbye, and on and on. It's fine if people don't like it, but Cowboy Bebop is a show that is far more complex than most people realize.

Though I wholly agree, when you say stuff like that you end up getting reactions such as:
"lol it ain't even that good calm down"
"average"
"elitist"
"episodic sht"
"nostalgia glasses"

I stopped trying to convince people because it's all just nonsense/gibberish to them.

It's just a matter of different generations at this point. Though not all young fans are dismissive of old series, it more often than not is the younger generation who didn't grow up alongside stuff like Pokemon Gen 1 and 2/Digimon/Monster Rancher, Dreamcast, N64, etc. that tend to write them off.

I notice many Bebop fans have resorted to the "IMO" card because nowadays nothing can be considered a masterpiece. "Nothing can be done objectively right."

Either you think everything is subjective or you're an idiot.
Opinions on anime can only be subjective, because nothing is "black and white".
^Oh how ironic that statement is.

With this kind of widespread mindset, how can you not just succumb to it and go with the flow, and go, "whatever".
CakedogMar 6, 2015 12:47 AM
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Mar 6, 2015 12:44 AM

May 2014
retrogamer32x said:
Sinyan said:
ITT: People complaining about circle jerking in a reverse circle jerk thread.

Pretty much. There are jerk fans of every series, more popular series have more jerks. /thread

Wait, if two people bounce of each other about circle jerking in a reverse circle jerk thread...

Does that make this

People circle jerking about people circle jerking in a reverse circle jerking thread?
Mar 6, 2015 1:55 AM

Mar 2012
Update, One Piece overtakes Type Fat whatever in votes.
End Zionazism
Mar 6, 2015 2:30 AM

Jan 2015
Milky_way1886 said:
Mushishi fanbase
u wot m8?
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Mar 6, 2015 4:53 AM
Mar 2012
Cakedog said:
retrogamer32x said:

Most of the people who attack Bebop haven't even seen enough anime or western movies it was influenced by to really appreciate Bebop. You average anime fan isn't watching it and catching the callbacks to the green jacket Lupin series, Phillip Marlowe in The Long Goodbye, and on and on. It's fine if people don't like it, but Cowboy Bebop is a show that is far more complex than most people realize.

Though I wholly agree, when you say stuff like that you end up getting reactions such as:
"lol it ain't even that good calm down"
"average"
"elitist"
"episodic sht"
"nostalgia glasses"

I stopped trying to convince people because it's all just nonsense/gibberish to them.

It's just a matter of different generations at this point. Though not all young fans are dismissive of old series, it more often than not is the younger generation who didn't grow up alongside stuff like Pokemon Gen 1 and 2/Digimon/Monster Rancher, Dreamcast, N64, etc. that tend to write them off.

I notice many Bebop fans have resorted to the "IMO" card because nowadays nothing can be considered a masterpiece. "Nothing can be done objectively right."

Either you think everything is subjective or you're an idiot.
Opinions on anime can only be subjective, because nothing is "black and white".
^Oh how ironic that statement is.

With this kind of widespread mindset, how can you not just succumb to it and go with the flow, and go, "whatever".

Sorry but if you want to argue that that Bebop is good then pointing out how it references western movies is very much the wrong way to go about it - not Bebop still isn't on my list because I'm undecided on how I feel about it. It's a good series, it's an enjoyable series and it's definitely worth of its place in anime history but it's also not really my kind of thing and I don't think it's aged too well - though better than most for sure.

Whether you like it or not, most of the people who say they prefer older anime often come across as elitist - mainly because they're the one's who are lamenting the 'death' of anime which never happened. Bebop is the flagship for old series so naturally it takes the brunt of this, just like series like NGNL which is enjoyable but takes the brunt of the hate from old anime elitists. Really the best anime fans are those who can enjoy all ages of anime, I wouldn't be included there because I really tend to dislike the art style in older series...

Now, there's nothing wrong with IMO - it's required because you are giving your opinion. Bebop is a brilliant example of the genre and of the quality older series can have - that doesn't make it the best anime of all time. If you can't deal with the fact that opinion is opinion then you shouldn't be arguing about anime, or anything really unless it's straight up technical. Of course not everything is subjective, Bebop is well animated, the soundtrack fits and the way it does its story is good, or rather without flaws - there are many non-subjective elements in anime.

But there are also many subjective elements too. Opinions are, by there very nature, subjective - else they would be facts.
Mar 6, 2015 5:20 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Locked.
This topic encourages spam, trolling, flaming and abusing certain users and/or groups of users, all of which violates the Site & Forum Guidelines. This thread is already full with all these things so I'm locking it before it gets worse.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 22

20 by aanj1n »»
7 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

48 by BatoKusanagi »»
9 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

45 by aanj1n »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

38 by BatoKusanagi »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

27 by Coaghim »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.