Forum Settings
Forums

Netanyahu will adress the Congress without informing the White House

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 5, 2015 12:31 AM

Jan 2014
Criticizing Israel does not mean you are anti-Semitic. But being silent about the far worse practices of the Palestinians and surrounding Arab states is a pretty good indicator that that may actually be the case.

Then again, Iran is the underdog. They can't possibly be aggressors if they are the underdog.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 5, 2015 4:06 AM
Mar 2011
the mondern use if the word Semite is wrong the jews are not the only semite people in the world

alot of that aera has non Jewish semetic roots like the Syrian Christian that will be killed if the FSA wins hell they still pray the the semetic language that that Jesus would have spoke that is Aramaic not Hebrew

Hebrew is Semite language so is Arabic so if a jew kills an arab there being anti Semitic

hell hebrew is only by a distance the third most spoken Semitic tounge with only 1/3 the spekers of Aramaic and over 1/30 of the Arabic Speakers

this is fact not opinion

i hate the fact that anti jew = anti Semite cuase they are not in fact the only Semite in the world
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 5, 2015 4:18 AM

Sep 2009
RedRoseFring said:
Criticizing Israel does not mean you are anti-Semitic. But being silent about the far worse practices of the Palestinians and surrounding Arab states is a pretty good indicator that that may actually be the case.

What are the 'far worse' practices of the Palestinians? Because from where I am standing, you have one group using fairly meagre improvised bombs and rockets versus a well equipped modern army. Sure, terrorism is an immoral practice, but when your land is being occupied by a far stronger army you haven't much alternative.

RedRoseFring said:
Then again, Iran is the underdog. They can't possibly be aggressors if they are the underdog.

Iran is one of the strongest military powers in the region and has some support from Russia. I'm not sure whether you can really call them 'underdogs'.

However, they haven't waged war on a foreign country since they became an Islamic Republic (Iraq invaded Iran),
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Mar 5, 2015 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
You guys really need to learn how to be secretly anti-Semitic.

I mean, let's be clear, we all agree that the end goal is to finally finish what the Führer started, but you can't go out TELLING people that you hate Jews or they might catch on.

Less "Fuck the ZOG war machine!" and more "Palestine shall be free!"

Funny because Palestinians are Semites, many Jews are not.

And stop playing the victim. Zionism is worse than Nazism. Stop trying to use all the Jews as a scapegoat to protect what Israelis do.
End Zionazism
Mar 5, 2015 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
AnnoKano said:

What are the 'far worse' practices of the Palestinians? Because from where I am standing, you have one group using fairly meagre improvised bombs and rockets versus a well equipped modern army. Sure, terrorism is an immoral practice, but when your land is being occupied by a far stronger army you haven't much alternative.

I was speaking more in line about attitude. The denial of children to even visit the other side because that could foster peace. The horrible TV programs that spread hate. And the preference to use resources to wage war instead of caring for people.

Iran is one of the strongest military powers in the region and has some support from Russia. I'm not sure whether you can really call them 'underdogs'.

However, they haven't waged war on a foreign country since they became an Islamic Republic (Iraq invaded Iran),

I was lampooning the belief of some people that Iran is the victim in all this.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 5, 2015 12:13 PM
Apr 2008
Okiura said:
- In the midst of his re-election campaign, Netanyahu arrives today for a speech at the congress. The US administration was not consulted or informed in advance. The invitation came from republican leaders.
- He will oppose a possible diplomatic deal on Iran's nuclear energy
- More than 30 Democrats have threatened to skip the speech. Obama will not receive him.
- As an interviewed Israeli professor said : "Can anyone else stand up in Congress and talk so forcefully against the leader of the United States? This has an effect on voters in Israel. People sit at home and say this man really steps up to the pressure.”

Sources

This politics professor from Harvard summarises well how the Israeli lobby influence the US foreign policy and with Iran in particular.
He brings Japan at the end in an interesting way.

His speech was more empty rhetoric without offering any viable alternative to P5+6. He offer nothing of substance, but just more style points such as equating the Iranian regimes brutality with that of insidiousness of the Holocaust; he also used a Holocaust survivor as a prop in his speech. Whenever Israel is acting in a controversial or a supra-legal manner( continued building of settlements), they use the history of the Holocaust to justify to their actions.
Mar 5, 2015 3:06 PM

Nov 2013
Netanyahu is the biggest racist on Earth lol.
Mar 6, 2015 12:03 PM

Mar 2012
AnnoKano said:

So people who disagree with you do so because they are either racists, or they are easily manipulated sheep.

Pray tell, what are the "legitimate" reasons that people are against Israel?

But what is the basis of Israel's legitimacy?

Legal documents? There is ample room for disagreement about legal decisions which are not based on racism. And if it's not legal documentation, then it isn't legitimate.

Since when did legal documents have the magical power to bestow legitimacy?

NudeBear said:

I never said that.

So what did you mean when you said you were happy Iran was "stepping up their game"?

Mikasa said:
Zionism is worse than Nazism.

Annnnnnnnd, I rest my case.
Let's go bowling.
Mar 6, 2015 12:21 PM

Mar 2012
RedRoseFring said:
Criticizing Israel does not mean you are anti-Semitic.

Criticizing Israel is perfectly fine, and in fact sometimes is necessary. No country is perfect and Israel, while a generally decent country, has made terrible mistakes and done terrible things in its past. Believe me, there is much about Israel to criticize.

However, when people completely deny Israel the right to exist, one has to wonder why they've chosen that specific country, out of all the shit-holes in the world. They say it's because Israel does this and that, but I don't see them protesting so strenuously against countries who commit more and worse atrocities.

Anti-Zionists seem to think Israel is even less legitimate than North Korea... and I'm supposed to pretend that there isn't some ulterior motive here?

How many homosexuals have been executed in Israel since their founding?

How many homosexuals have been executed in the surrounding Muslim countries since Israel's founding?

On literally every single social benchmark, Israel is ahead of it's neighbors, and yet somehow, for some reason, they are worse than all of those put together. In fact, they are so bad that they don't even deserve the right to exist.

But yeah, there's no ulterior motive here. It has nothing to do with Israel being full of Jews.

"I don't hate black people! I just hate every place where there is a lot of black people!"

Criticize all you want. But when you let your criticism fall into the realm of lunacy then people like me are going to start wondering what makes Israel stand out so strongly in these people's warped minds. It's not too much of a stretch to find the historically accurate answer and say:

"Jews. They don't like Jews."
Let's go bowling.
Mar 6, 2015 12:24 PM
Mar 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:
RedRoseFring said:

Criticizing Israel is perfectly fine, and in fact sometimes is necessary. No country is perfect and Israel, while a generally decent country, has made terrible mistakes and done terrible things in its past. Believe me, there is much about Israel to criticize.

However, when people completely deny Israel the right to exist, one has to wonder why they've chosen that specific country, out of all the shit-holes in the world. They say it's because Israel does this and that, but I don't see them protesting so strenuously against countries who commit more and worse atrocities.

Anti-Zionists seem to think Israel is even less legitimate than North Korea... and I'm supposed to pretend that there isn't some ulterior motive here?

How many homosexuals have been executed in the surrounding Muslim countries since Israel's founding?

On literally every single social benchmark, Israel is ahead of it's neighbors, and yet somehow, for some reason, they are worse than all of those put together. In fact, they are so bad that they don't even deserve the right to exist.

But yeah, there's no ulterior motive here. It has nothing to do with Israel being full of Jews.

"I don't hate black people! I just hate every place where there is a lot of black people!"

Criticize all you want. But when you let your criticism fall into the realm of lunacy then people like me are going to start wondering what makes Israel stand out so strongly in these people's warped minds. It's not too much of a stretch to find the historically accurate answer and say:

yet again most of the jews in that nation are not semtic there Spahdic jews so say some hates that nation does not make them anti semite
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 6, 2015 8:26 PM

Jan 2014
StopDropAndBowl said:
RedRoseFring said:

Oh I'm very well aware of this.
It's almost cute sometimes to watch some people rant and rave. They claim they aren't anti-Semitic, then ask them why in their lengthy tirade they never once criticized Palestine and the neighbouring countries and they fall silent.
Some have somehow come to believe that Israel is somehow responsible for all the turmoil in the Middle East (and I don't mean only in the "Jews control the world" way either.)

The "legitimacy" issue is one of the more hilarious ones that I hardly bother to address anymore because of how silly some of the assertions become.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 6, 2015 8:35 PM

Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

It's almost cute sometimes to watch some people rant and rave. They claim they aren't anti-Semitic, then ask them why in their lengthy tirade they never once criticized Palestine and the neighbouring countries and they fall silent.

While there has been killing on both sides, Israel has done far worse to the Palestinians.

Mar 7, 2015 3:23 AM

Sep 2009
StopDropAndBowl said:
AnnoKano said:

So people who disagree with you do so because they are either racists, or they are easily manipulated sheep.

Pray tell, what are the "legitimate" reasons that people are against Israel?

But what is the basis of Israel's legitimacy?

Legal documents? There is ample room for disagreement about legal decisions which are not based on racism. And if it's not legal documentation, then it isn't legitimate.

Since when did legal documents have the magical power to bestow legitimacy?

Since that is what legitimate means- "conforming to the law or rules".
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Mar 7, 2015 8:52 AM

Jan 2014
Working_Designs said:
RedRoseFring said:

While there has been killing on both sides, Israel has done far worse to the Palestinians.

If only casualties were the only measure of the guilty party in a conflict.
That would make the US responsible for WWII seeinga s there were more Japanese casualties than American.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 8, 2015 12:10 PM

Mar 2012
AnnoKano said:

Since that is what legitimate means- "conforming to the law or rules".

Conforming to the general moral laws and rules, sure.

Conforming to a piece of paper.... that's absurd. A piece of paper grants nothing.
Let's go bowling.
Mar 8, 2015 12:46 PM

Jan 2011
I'll never understand American love for Israel, bilions of dollars wasted on a den of human trafficking.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.