Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 11, 2022 1:46 AM

Feb 2021
So this underground village was more theocratic with how it maintains security unlike the village Simon and Kamina came from
Sep 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Mar 2022
Animation as I predicted is back to normal and this episode is focusing on a particular village that sees the gunmen as gods. And honestly as fast paced as Gurren Lagaan can be, I’m glad we get a more slower episode focusing on the world itself not that the action is a bore, it isn’t, it’s more or less the fact that we haven’t focused on the world we are in at this point in the show. Really liked the sort of monochrome for the entire episode apart from when Simon and Kamina combined to make Gurren Lagaan which I thought was a pretty neat touch there to contrast the dark caverns that make up the village.

Yoko pretty much being told to cover up was amusing. XD Anyways this episode was definitely an improvement over episode 4, definitely a beautiful episode and engaging I feel. Plus team gurren has 3 new members in the form of Rossiu, Gimmy, and Darry. It sounds like this show is going to get serious but for now I prefer it’s comedic tone as a whole for the time being anyway. Otherwise a beautiful episode like I’ve said before and definitely something we needed as a change of pace in terms of Gurren Lagaan episodes so far anyway.
Feb 28, 9:02 PM

Dec 2022
covering up Yoko for most of the episode really drove home just how bad things are down there
based forehead boy did the right thing
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1151 by Spiral26 »»
Apr 8, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.