Forum Settings
Forums

Why are there so many complaints about fanservice when there's just as much manservice too?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 11, 2016 11:41 PM

Nov 2009
DoctorSexy said:
flannan said:

Apparently, it's a young man with a gun barricaded with boxes of anime figurines.
The sign on the barricade reads "no girls allowed", and the whole image seems to intensify this slogan, as sexy things and anime paraphernalia are believed to ward off women.

Because we men want to have safe spaces too.

lol safe spaces
the cry of feminists who cant
take criticisml

Haiku is a fine way to necro a thread, but why necro it in the first place?

Also, I can't be bothered to take criticism all the time. Sometimes I just want to watch tentacle hentai / cute girls doing cute things / ecchi harem in peace.

TitanAnteus said:
Mamster-P said:
because...

sexualize men:

no one says anything

sexualize women:

OH GAWD WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

ITS DISTRACTING!!

ITS SEXIST!!

YOU CAN'T GET A REAL GIRL!!

THEY RUINED THE SHOW!!

or insecure teenage girls get butthurt....

get...

the fuck....

OUT..... -___-

Dude... You've become a lot more cynical since I've been away XD.

Calm down. Lots of these people are just new to anime anyway. They're coming in with the mindset they've had regarding other shows. I don't think anyone who's seen more than 5 shows won't really think like that.

Anyways... just calm down.

Actually, his answer in February in this thread is pretty much the same:
Mamster-P said:
its called double standards, people in the US don't care if men are sexy but theres outrage if women are, its fucking ridiculous

if we want equal rights, everything should apply EQUALY to both sexes

men with their shirts off = no one cares

women showing skin = WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

------------------
Realible said:
True, i lost count how many yaoi fangirls i saw in the comment section about anime like Free :P, when there's a ecchi anime airing, no man in this world can say it is good or he'll be called a pervert or something along those lines... logic?

Well, yaoi fangirls are perverts, but what's the point of telling them about it? I'm sure they know it already.

CherryLover said:
Lobinde said:

Well likewise lots of people are quick to draw the "fanservice!" card, just because a female character is wearing a skirt for example, doesn't make it automatically fanservice.

More often than not, it is fanservice since those skirts are being used to do a "pantsu display," which is quite disgusting. This is clearly pandering to the taste of overly meninist pigs.

Girls wearing short skirts are a lot more frequent than panty shots. Probably because girls usually wear short skirts IRL. (Pantyshots are still more common in anime than IRL)
I wonder why nobody said it before?
flannanMay 11, 2016 11:58 PM
May 11, 2016 11:57 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@flannan

lol damn, this thread is this old? i forgot what i had said... xD

shows you just "creative" MAL has been the past few months
May 12, 2016 12:02 AM

Nov 2009
Mamster-P said:
@flannan

I have to admit, MAL makes a lot of threads, but many of them tackle the same issues.
But when you notice a new thread is already 5 pages long, it's a good idea to check if it is in fact an old thread.
(that's hypocritical of me - the necro post was a response to my post, so I already knew that I have written to it)
May 12, 2016 12:06 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
flannan said:
Mamster-P said:
@flannan

I have to admit, MAL makes a lot of threads, but many of them tackle the same issues.
But when you notice a new thread is already 5 pages long, it's a good idea to check if it is in fact an old thread.
(that's hypocritical of me - the necro post was a response to my post, so I already knew that I have written to it)

oh no no no, i knew this wasn't a new thread lol

i had just forgotten how old it was
Jun 27, 2016 9:44 AM

Feb 2015
I think its when the fan-service is too much and overly obvious. Man-service is in a way more normal because theres literally nothing sexual about it
Jun 27, 2016 12:46 PM

Aug 2010
fanservice is a waste of time if you ask me. Manservice is just as much of a waste.

men are way less sexualised than woman (which isnt something im saying is good about our world, its just how it is atm) its why people pay less attention to nude men.
though i would say that there are a ton of "pretty boy" anime.

I find looking at cartoon boobs and panties doesnt add anything to my experience. It often takes away from the story and pacing imo. Besides, if i wanted to look at boobs, i got the internet, i can do it anytime and anywhere, and theyll be real....
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Jun 27, 2016 1:30 PM

Jun 2016
I actually don't complain about fan service BECAUSE there is man service :P Not that I was a huge complainer of fan service anyway. At this point its everywhere so much to the point where if it was an issue for me I probably wouldn't still be into anime.
Jun 27, 2016 2:04 PM

Dec 2009
Because there isn't enough good animes without fan service.
Jun 28, 2016 9:25 AM

Jun 2016
Sociologists from the University of Delaware has predicted the sex of anime fans, and found out that many of them are heterosexual males. Straight guys are okay with sexualizing women, but feel uncomfortable when they are sexualized. It's quite hypocritical, if you ask me. Im a straight male, even though I am not attracted to manservice, I acknowledge that other people do like it and move on with my life. I don't mind manservice or fanservice, I think they're both fine :)

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Jul 2, 2016 7:41 AM

Feb 2016
As for me I could go without any of these.
Sep 27, 2016 8:28 PM
Aug 2015
http://aminoapps.com/page/anime/8471145/a-post-about-ecchi-and-labels

I love how people complain about fan service and yet there's always 3X more "man service" shows coming every season then fan service shows
Sep 27, 2016 8:36 PM

Jul 2015
I think there should be a little of both in anime
Sep 27, 2016 8:38 PM

Nov 2008
Yuri on Ice for example shouldn't be watched by straight men.

Sep 27, 2016 8:39 PM
Jun 2014
Because if it's not in an anime you virgins will never let the world here the end of it.
Sep 27, 2016 8:40 PM

Feb 2015
Is this a threat like ISIS ruining something?

Both exist, either you like one aspect and don't like one, or both... Or neither...

Mhhh... Its a old thread.. Why did it poped-out?

A dead must remain dead.
Sep 29, 2016 12:19 AM

May 2015
Selenium_Thorium said:
Sociologists from the University of Delaware has predicted the sex of anime fans, and found out that many of them are heterosexual males. Straight guys are okay with sexualizing women, but feel uncomfortable when they are sexualized. It's quite hypocritical, if you ask me. Im a straight male, even though I am not attracted to manservice, I acknowledge that other people do like it and move on with my life. I don't mind manservice or fanservice, I think they're both fine :)

A lot of straight women also have problems when they are sexualized. There's your problem right there - why are people disliked being sexualized?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 7, 2017 1:04 PM
Apr 2015
CherryLover said:
Please, the amount of anime with fanservice is so much greater than the amount of manservice. It is not even a viable comparison. In fact, the reality is that much of the community will call something "manservice" or "Shoujo AI" just because the series has handsome males.

That all being said, there was no real reason to bump this thread other than to "bait" other feminists like myself.

wait why would they it call shoujo ai because it has males? i think you mean shonen ai
Jan 11, 2019 4:43 AM

Dec 2015
Way to revive a thread.

OT: it's because female bodies are always seen as sensual while male bodies usually aren't. Women have to be way more concious because of this.
Jan 11, 2019 4:56 AM

Oct 2012
Muscular men as protags aren't typically there to make you horny, they're there as a male power fantasy. Basically you're supposed to want to be them not fuck them. It's not really fan service in the same way.

However its completely legitimate to critisize unrealistic male body standards and stuff but at least understand what you're critisizing.
Jan 11, 2019 5:14 AM

Oct 2013
WTF is this word "manservice" ?
Fanservice is for both genders
Jan 11, 2019 5:31 AM
Apr 2018
Because fan service is less common then manservice
And has been for the last 8 to 10 years
Jan 11, 2019 5:32 AM
Jul 2018
fanservice my ass in attack on titan they didn't animated Levi's abs
Jan 11, 2019 9:36 AM
Feb 2014
That's a blantant lie and ignorance, there definitely isn't as much manservice as there is fanservice,
guys ripping/taking their shirts off is seen as a normal thing and not in a sexual way since even in real life it's pretty common to see shirtless guys walking about and nobody says a thing, shirtless girls on the other hand....

Plus, i can bet that the majority of girls(including me) prefer slender bishounen to overtly muscular baras so someone like Son Goku ripping off his shirt would do nothing for them.

The majority of guys being shown naked in anime are played for comedy and often the males in question are butt ugly and likely not to arouse anyone, like, for example, in Shaman King, we see full backside nudity including the butts of Ryu and his gang while their are washing themselves, i can bet almost no one found that erotic in the least.

The only good examples of manservice i have seen have been in Shokugeki no Souma(Isshiki mostly) and Servamp(Snow Lily) off the top of my head.

If there was anything else i must have forgotten.
DauphineJan 11, 2019 9:49 AM
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jan 11, 2019 9:40 AM

May 2016
There is nowhere near as much manservice as fanservice. Not by a long shot. It's not even a contest. The ratio is, like, 75 to 1.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 12, 2019 11:41 PM

Jul 2014
I guess because a lot of people from older generations would say: "BUT THEY'RE JUST CARTOON CHARACTERS." Lol. Sorry, had to say it.
Jan 19, 2019 11:25 AM
Nov 2018
There are a whole lot more womenservice than manservice but the main complaint is the nonsense it has in the story.
Mar 21, 2023 1:42 AM
Sep 2021
Well, too much manservice is also not comfortable like Fairy Tail & Golden Kamuy guys often hv their wieners exposed

If u want comfortable manservice, One Piece would be a good example
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

13 by BitChilly »»
1 minute ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

18 by SwordBreaker36 »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

16 by SwordBreaker36 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

51 by SwordBreaker36 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 22

28 by SwordBreaker36 »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.