Again, thanks for nothing Seattle.

Once again, anybody but:

Green Bay
Dallas
New England

----

FIRE MARVIN LEWIS!!!
GunbladewarriorMar 12, 2015 12:12 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 26, 2015 7:59 PM
Feb 2014
You're welcome.

Feb 27, 2015 3:37 AM

Jun 2014
inb4 Brady 5th ring
Feb 27, 2015 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
"5x worse than ray rice?"

cmon, with so much hype you can't do that to us gunblade
Feb 27, 2015 6:09 AM

Jan 2015
screw the pats.
Feb 27, 2015 2:13 PM
Feb 2014
Darnell Dockett being cut ._.

I want him on my team now on a prove it contract. Guy is a proven leader. He could work out well for us as a 3 technique as well. He's like Red Bryant but better.
Feb 27, 2015 2:46 PM
Nov 2013
Its glorious to go from 2 million in cap space, to over 25 million this year. Priority one should be resigning Brandon Flowers, and hopefully we can sign a deep threat receiver to compliment Keenan Allen.
Feb 27, 2015 2:49 PM
Feb 2014
BTAG said:
Its glorious to go from 2 million in cap space, to over 25 million this year. Priority one should be resigning Brandon Flowers, and hopefully we can sign a deep threat receiver to compliment Keenan Allen.

Could always draft one in the 1st and save money for a good O-Lineman like Rodney Hudson.

I'd re-sign Flowers as well. I'd actually would not be surprised if San Diego ended up with Justin Houston if Kansas City can't resign him.
Feb 27, 2015 3:04 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:
BTAG said:

Could always draft one in the 1st and save money for a good O-Lineman like Rodney Hudson.

I'd re-sign Flowers as well. I'd actually would not be surprised if San Diego ended up with Justin Houston if Kansas City can't resign him.

I don't know who would be there at 17 though. Probably Dorial Green Beckham, but I don't think Tom Telesco would risk drafting a low character guy.

I certainly wouldn't complain about Justin Houston, since he pretty much single handedly kept us out of the playoffs with 3 sacks in week 17.
Feb 27, 2015 6:30 PM

Nov 2010
BTAG said:
TheRealNico said:

I don't know who would be there at 17 though. Probably Dorial Green Beckham, but I don't think Tom Telesco would risk drafting a low character guy.

I certainly wouldn't complain about Justin Houston, since he pretty much single handedly kept us out of the playoffs with 3 sacks in week 17.

DGB, Perrymen or Strong. They'll do their homework on DGB, by all accounts he's managed to turn things around.
Feb 27, 2015 6:38 PM
Nov 2013
Bostonblows said:
BTAG said:

DGB, Perrymen or Strong. They'll do their homework on DGB, by all accounts he's managed to turn things around.

I certainly wouldn't mind taking a chance on DGB. We haven't had a big play WR since V Jax, and to a lesser extent Danario Alexander, who's body just couldn't handle pro football. I guess it all depends on how well DGB's team meetings were at the combine. For his sake, regardless of whether he's a Charger or not, I wish him the best. I hate seeing talented guys throw everything away.
Feb 27, 2015 7:10 PM

Feb 2009
Really hoping the Packers re-sign Randall Cobb. He deserves good money, wondering how many teams will be involved to up the price.
So much cap space ........ PAY THE MAN TED
Feb 27, 2015 7:15 PM

Nov 2010
As for the Giants, i'm hoping they take one of Gregory, Fowler or Shelton, if all of those DL prospects are off the board i'd like to see Parker or Cooper if they are available. Also wouldn't mind Landon Collins, I could also see them trading down for a guy like Dupree. The popular pick for them has been Scherff, but Reese just went on record saying he'll always take the playmaker over the big guy.
Feb 27, 2015 8:45 PM
Feb 2014
I think the Chargers will draft Todd Gurley ultimately.

Giants I could see going Kevin White/Amari Cooper if either are available or an OL.
Feb 28, 2015 9:58 AM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
I think the Chargers will draft Todd Gurley ultimately.

Giants I could see going Kevin White/Amari Cooper if either are available or an OL.

Could also see Waynes or Jalen Collins for SD, although Waynes stock seems to be surging, so he probably won't be there at 17. Gurley is awesome, it almost seems like people have forgotten how good he is because of the injury. I just don't see how the giants would take an OG at 9 if there is a premium receiver or pass rush prospect still on the board, i'm expecting them to sign an OG in free agency (How about some linebackers too?!)
Feb 28, 2015 2:23 PM
Feb 2014
How is Collins? Any good? I don't really know much about him.

Waynes will probably go to Houston or New Orleans. If Brandon Scherff is still there, I'm pretty sure he'll be taken by the Giants assuming Randy Gregory is also gone. That being said, I'd say the pick would be Randy Gregory, Kevin White, or Amari Cooper if it happened today. Danny Shelton won't be going lower than Chicago, White could be a Top 5 pick, Cooper's stock is slowly slipping, and Gregory if still available will without a doubt be the pick if so.
Feb 28, 2015 8:57 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:

Waynes will probably go to Houston or New Orleans. If Brandon Scherff is still there, I'm pretty sure he'll be taken by the Giants assuming Randy Gregory is also gone. That being said, I'd say the pick would be Randy Gregory, Kevin White, or Amari Cooper if it happened today. Danny Shelton won't be going lower than Chicago, White could be a Top 5 pick, Cooper's stock is slowly slipping, and Gregory if still available will without a doubt be the pick if so.

Yea, Collins is a Height-weight-speed guy who had a really nice combine to boost hist stock from Late 1 - mid 2 to mid 1 - early 2. A lot of people actually think that Marcus Peters is the best corner in the draft, who knows where he goes w/ his character concerns though. (He allegedly choked out one of his coaches, which there have been conflicting reports about).

Edit: and not to mention, one of the top corners was Ifo Ekpre-Olomu before he tore his ACL, so there seems to be some decent depth at the position.
Feb 28, 2015 9:08 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
TheRealNico said:

Yea, Collins is a Height-weight-speed guy who had a really nice combine to boost hist stock from Late 1 - mid 2 to mid 1 - early 2. A lot of people actually think that Marcus Peters is the best corner in the draft, who knows where he goes w/ his character concerns though. (He allegedly choked out one of his coaches, which there have been conflicting reports about).

Edit: and not to mention, one of the top corners was Ifo Ekpre-Olomu before he tore his ACL, so there seems to be some decent depth at the position.

Uhh I know about the Peters story since I attend his college. I think Peters will be a low first in the end, he's too much of a shutdown that team will unlikely pass on him regardless of the severity of what he did. Besides, I'm confident he's moved on, he's focused about making the NFL right now, he had a good combine, I expect him to get drafted somewhere in the first. If he has a good pro day, some people could even be higher on him.
Feb 28, 2015 9:31 PM

Nov 2010
You know, I can't get over this feeling that the giants will take Dupree at 9, even if gregory was on the board. Gregory would need to add like 30 lbs to play 4-3 DE, Dupree is the physical prototype.
Feb 28, 2015 9:57 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
You know, I can't get over this feeling that the giants will take Dupree at 9, even if gregory was on the board. Gregory would need to add like 30 lbs to play 4-3 DE, Dupree is the physical prototype.

Does Dupree remind you a bit of JPP? If you can't retain him, that might just be the right pick.
Feb 28, 2015 10:07 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
Bostonblows said:

Does Dupree remind you a bit of JPP? If you can't retain him, that might just be the right pick.

A bit, JPP is a little more freakish physically but Dupree isn't far behind. The giants have already said if they can't work out a long term deal he's getting tagged. The thing with their situation is that Spagnuolo likes to run a "NASCAR" package which is basically a 4 pass rusher set, and he really doesn't have much to work with right now. JPP and Robert Ayers (who is signed for 1 more year) and Damontre more, and they typically place a pretty high premium on pass rushers. I bet Gregory could put 30 lbs on though, that dude is like 6"6.
Feb 28, 2015 10:18 PM
Feb 2014
I notice that the Giants in the past years tended to kind of go against what experts claim to think of the right pick, usually they'll have their own set of players who fit the right mold of what it takes to become a Giant. Saw a documentary on NFL Network called "Finding Giants" which outlined what they looked for in prospects instead of just talent. It was a really cool watch, and it kind of made me understand what the type of player they were looking for.

I wonder which players their front office has their eyes on this time. It was interesting seeing the extensive scouting and evaluations they did on guys like ODB, Weston Richburg, and Andre Williams. They really seemed keen on those guys from what it seemed.
Mar 2, 2015 7:12 AM

Dec 2013
Dallas Cowboys ftw
Signature removed.
Mar 2, 2015 10:21 AM
Feb 2014
Houston and Thomas get the tags, Suh's good to go in free agency.

Who do you think will sign him? Bet is on the Raiders. Fits the definition of a "Raider" to me.
Mar 2, 2015 8:55 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:

Who do you think will sign him? Bet is on the Raiders. Fits the definition of a "Raider" to me.

The Jaguars have to spend sooo much money lol.
Mar 2, 2015 9:17 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
TheRealNico said:

I'd use it wisely. I like how the Jags are building in the draft. Spend it on guys that won't reach 30 by contract's end is what I'd do, and yes, draft smart.
Mar 2, 2015 9:33 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
Bostonblows said:

I'd use it wisely. I like how the Jags are building in the draft. Spend it on guys that won't reach 30 by contract's end is what I'd do, and yes, draft smart.

Apparently due to the "minimum spend rule" the Jags and Raiders must spend at least 50-65M, so we'll see where that goes. I'm hoping the giants make a run at McCourtey, i'd also love to see Mason Foster in blue.
Mar 2, 2015 9:51 PM
Feb 2014
I think McCourty will sign with Tennessee or a New York team and as for Foster I can see Jacksonville or Minnesota.

Giants spent a fortune last offseason iirc, so maybe they'll get both, who knows?

I want Darnell Dockett on the Seahawks badly if he could just sign for cheap like Cliff Avril/Michael Bennett did. Has happened before, sometimes playing for a winner might be what a player wants. I'd also be OK with grabbing some other prove it guys who I can't think of right off. Hopefully Malcolm Smith can sign for cheap. But I'm not keen on re-signing Byron Maxwell. He's slow and can't keep up with fast guys. Gets burned all of the time when a receiver outruns him.
Mar 2, 2015 10:30 PM

Dec 2010
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25089353/look-jj-watts-cabin-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-is-insane

"small cabin in the woods"

"middle of nowhere"

"minimalistic"

Ok, JJ... Ok. You do you.
Mar 3, 2015 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12415886/philadelphia-eagles-trade-lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills

Shiiiiiiiiit. Shady traded to the Bills for LB Kiko Alonso (former Oregon player; tore his ACL last year). Chip Kelley is gonna go HAM this offseason getting all his favs on the Eagles. He's absolutely going to trade the farm for Mariotta (and thank you god as a Browns fan).
Mar 3, 2015 3:54 PM

Apr 2013
lighting a candle for the eagles fans [ * ]

I'm happy with this trade as a gmen fan :D
Mar 3, 2015 4:28 PM
Feb 2014
I honestly think the Eagles won the trade, but at the same time, Buffalo got loads better but still need a QB.

How are they going to get one? They don't pick until the 2nd Round.
Mar 3, 2015 4:41 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
I honestly think the Eagles won the trade, but at the same time, Buffalo got loads better but still need a QB.

They should have signed Josh McCown. Huge mistake.
Mar 3, 2015 5:00 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:

McCown would have been the mistake. He's probably one of the worst starting QB's I've ever seen play, lol

I'd take a QB in the 3rd Round if I were Buffalo. Just like how we did!
Mar 3, 2015 5:05 PM

Nov 2013
Sourire said:
lighting a candle for the eagles fans [ * ]

I'm happy with this trade as a gmen fan :D

this
Mar 3, 2015 5:09 PM
Feb 2014
More like the Eagles defense just got a lot better. I'd actually be scared.
Mar 3, 2015 5:12 PM

Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:

The one player isn't enough to fix the garbage that is eagles defense. They're gonna need a lot more than just him if they want even an average defense
Mar 3, 2015 5:16 PM
Feb 2014
Celestrial2 said:
TheRealNico said:

The one player isn't enough to fix the garbage that is eagles defense. They're gonna need a lot more than just him if they want even an average defense

Garbage defense? Are you telling me guys like Fletcher Cox, Connor Barwin, Trent Cole, Mychal Kendricks, Cedric Thornton, and Bennie Logan are trash? That's a good Front 7 if you throw Kiko Alonso to the mix. And all teams should fear that.

They're likely to spend big on secondary guys and maybe draft a few DBs. So running the ball on Philly would be a huge mistake. Plus, they're hard to complete passes against, they got the sack dances ready whenever applicable.
Mar 3, 2015 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
deanzel said:

McCown would have been the mistake. He's probably one of the worst starting QB's I've ever seen play, lol

I'd take a QB in the 3rd Round if I were Buffalo. Just like how we did!

Nico, I've noticed that sometimes you have a hard time recognizing my very harsh sarcasm (many times about Miami Heat bandwagon fans). I know just how god awful McCown is. As a Browns fan, I'm absolutely horrified that we signed him to $5 million/year contract for 3 years.

And the Eagles defense did get better but it's still putrid. And from the looks of it, they won't have the draft picks this year to fix it if they trade for Mariotta.
dankzelMar 3, 2015 5:30 PM
Mar 3, 2015 5:22 PM
Feb 2014
I know you're being sarcastic, I just felt like explaining myself. 15 Million for 3 years??? Is that a joke??

Odds are the Jets will get Mariota as of now. This implies if the Titans are all over Leonard Williams like they seem to be right now.
Mar 3, 2015 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
I know you're being sarcastic, I just felt like explaining myself. 15 Million for 3 years??? Is that a joke??

Odds are the Jets will get Mariota as of now. This implies if the Titans are all over Leonard Williams like they seem to be right now.

Good to know!! Titans will definitely take Williams but I doubt Mariotta falls to the Jets. He's going to light up his pro day. I feel like some team will trade up before the Jets to grab him (perhaps with Jacksonville or the Raiders).
Mar 3, 2015 5:37 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:

Good to know!! Titans will definitely take Williams but I doubt Mariotta falls to the Jets. He's going to light up his pro day. I feel like some team will trade up before the Jets to grab him (perhaps with Jacksonville or the Raiders).

I can see the Jags trading down in all honesty. Question is, with who? Buffalo would need to sacrifice their entire draft I feel lol. And it sort of would be a win win for both teams.

Raiders with Texans is another possibility I have in mind.

I'd be scared if you're a QB and drafted by the Jets in all honesty though. The New York media seems to get the best out of Sanchez, Tebow, and Smith and turns them from achievers to scrubs.
Mar 3, 2015 5:51 PM

Sep 2014
Go Pats
Mar 3, 2015 8:49 PM
Feb 2014
http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/48265/Report--Many-former-coaches-doubt-Bears-can-win-with-Cutler/Default.aspx

This is very interesting. Considering I've always considered Cutler to be the whole root of Chicago's problems, it does not surprise me that a ton of former staff think this way. We can all at least agree Cutler doesn't deserve a single dime on that extension past say, 60 Million or so. 2015 is the make or break year for him. Otherwise the Bears need to get a new QB once and for all.

I've never seen such a selfish QB though. Why are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and the like all hated for leading their teams? If anything, people should be hating on an egotistical "me first" QB who thinks he runs the entire team.
AqutanMar 3, 2015 8:53 PM
Mar 3, 2015 9:26 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Chip Kelly trading all the way up to get Mariota. I'm calling it now.
Mar 3, 2015 9:28 PM
Feb 2014
KingYoshi said:

Maybe if they can somehow unload Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks, Zach Ertz, and Nick Foles to the Jets they might, might be in luck.
Mar 3, 2015 9:33 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
TheRealNico said:
KingYoshi said:

Maybe if they can somehow unload Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks, Zach Ertz, and Nick Foles to the Jets they might, might be in luck.

Nah, they could make it much easier than that by making it a 3-way trade. Eagles trade their pick with someone in the 9th-13th range. Eagles trade that pick to the team in position to draft Mariota (Skins/Jets)
Mar 3, 2015 9:38 PM
Feb 2014
KingYoshi said:
TheRealNico said:

Nah, they could make it much easier than that by making it a 3-way trade. Eagles trade their pick with someone in the 9th-13th range. Eagles trade that pick to the team in position to draft Mariota (Skins/Jets)

How would an Eagles-Vikings-Redskins trade work out? Could see something like that with those teams since I think the Vikes are a team that could trade down.
Mar 3, 2015 10:08 PM
Sep 2014
49ers sign Australian Rugby Superstar, we're going to the Super Bowll boys!!!!!!

. . . . . . . . said no one ever -_-
Mar 4, 2015 6:18 AM

Apr 2013
The Philadelphia Ducks are going to the Bowl. Book it.

In reality, if Alonso has recovered fully from his ACL tear and returns to his rookie year form, Kelly got a solid trade (not even taking into account the added cap space). However, there is no guarantee of that. Now I'm a little disappointed that I cut Sproles in my auction dynasty league although Polk will get more run. But they'll probably draft a RB as this draft is loaded with them and anyone could be successful behind their o-line when it's healthy.
dankzelMar 4, 2015 6:27 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.