Forum Settings
Forums

To guys: Would you be attracted to the 'tsundere type' in real life?

New
Would you be attracted or sexually interested in a tsundere type of person?
Feb 24, 2015 6:50 AM

Jul 2014
The tsundere type seems to be really loved by a big part of the male MAL community. My male friends have told me time and time again that they like the 'bitchy' kinda girl who plays hard to get. Would you ever be interested in that type of person in real life? If yes, why? Is it the 'hunt'? Do you like being treated well.. quite badly? What is attractive about it? Have you ever dated anybody who'd fit the tsundere criteria?

Please discuss away. I'm immensely curious because I've always felt quite negatively about the tsundere type myself and would like to see what's attractive about it.
And my fellow girls can obviously also answer this.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2015 6:50 AM

Sep 2013
As long as I don't get killed in the process
Feb 24, 2015 6:52 AM
Nov 2014
cupc said:

Feb 24, 2015 6:53 AM

Sep 2012
Yes. I'm a very tolerant guy when it comes to people I like; a tsundere girl would be no different. (although good luck getting me to like a "bitchy" girl instead of just an average tsundere-esq girl.)

When a tsundere girl finally opens up to you, it feels like it's really deserved, you're her special guy, like you've won a competition or something.

cupc said:
That's more yandere than tsundere.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 24, 2015 6:54 AM

Aug 2014
Maybe not

I dont think I will have the patience.
Feb 24, 2015 6:57 AM

Jul 2014
Korrvo said:
Yes. I'm a very tolerant guy when it comes to people I like; a tsundere girl would be no different. (although good luck getting me to like a "bitchy" girl instead of just an average tsundere-esq girl.)

When a tsundere girl finally opens up to you, it feels like it's really deserved, you're her special guy, like you've won a competition or something.

why would you like her in the first place? don't you think that's something off-putting? what type of girl are you usually interested in?
Feb 24, 2015 7:01 AM

Sep 2013
Korrvo said:
That's more yandere than tsundere.

I know my archetypes, and tsunderes can be quite violent too.
Feb 24, 2015 7:05 AM

Oct 2010
yes but there are many buts

if shes just mean and rude and has no interest in me i dont see how am i ever going to reach the dere part. I sort of give up when people give up on me because thats how i am.. but ive had lasting friendships with people only cus they were there and were persistent and came along for the journey, their behavior wasnt always good but it didnt matter cus when theres desire from one side theres desire from my side as well i guess

also when you finally unlock the dere part its all worth it big time anyway~
lots of music -
Feb 24, 2015 7:07 AM
Jan 2014
I dislike tsundere's they get annoying really fast. Either you're a approachable person or I'll lose my interest really fast.
Feb 24, 2015 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
chuuzenjis said:

why would you like her in the first place? don't you think that's something off-putting? what type of girl are you usually interested in?
Depends on the girl; there are several potential reasons I could like her. She may have shown interest in me at whatever point, she may have similar tastes or general personality, I may admire her for any specific reason, she may be sexy as fuck, etc etc.

It may be off-putting, but being a tsundere doesn't mean you're the world's most hostile being ever or a total bitch. There are more mild and subtle ways of showing dislike for someone, and they may not even show dislike at other times, which fits the expectations of a more realistic tsundere.

I'm not masochist (despite how many times I jokingly say I am), I don't like people being cold or aggressive to me, but that doesn't mean my dislike of it is that significant of an emotion, depending on the kind or quantity of dislike I'm receiving.

When I think "tsundere", I'm more focused on the potential love aspect you would receive. It's like a hard earned prize, and the stuff you work for is the most satisfying. The "tsun" makes the "dere" more satisfying, so it's very easy to look past the "tsun".

What type of girl am I usually interested in? Anyone who will express their like for me in a significant way, without taking the "like" part lightly. That's why I like tsunderes, because they aren't* playing whore with their "like" emotion, so the "like" is more meaningful when she finally opens up to you.

edit: I mean't aren't*, I fixed
KorrvoFeb 24, 2015 7:15 AM
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 24, 2015 7:10 AM

Aug 2013
I don't have the patience for stupid mind games.
Feb 24, 2015 7:12 AM

Sep 2012
I'll quote Araragi cause it fits.

"Being kind to everyone just means there's nobody special."

And I want to be that special person.
Feb 24, 2015 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
Korrvo said:
I'll quote Araragi cause it fits.

"Being kind to everyone just means there's nobody special."

And I want to be that special person.

Pretty much this, I want to feel deserving of someone's love, like I earned it and broke down said person's walls.

I don't treat it like some kind of "prize". I mean, I've had a crush on a girl who once who told me that she "loved" me, only to find out later that she used that word so carelessly without truly knowing the full extent the power that one single word can hold.

I'd rather a person who doesn't show her affectionate side as often as other women, because once you finally see that side to her, you know that its truly meaningful.

Also, I'm very tolerable of people's personalities, there's nothing a woman could say to me that my best friends already haven't.

I don't know man, its just my opinion.
Feb 24, 2015 7:31 AM
Oct 2014
A girl in high school was a tsun. It was really fun to tease her. I started argument just because it was so funny to see her temper. Her face turned devilish red, you could sense the fire in the air.

Sure tsuns can be attractive, I like a lot of different types of girls, and tsuns is one of them. As long as they are kind, empathatic and wise they are likeable.

Feb 24, 2015 7:34 AM

Jan 2014
- If you mean the classic tsundere who is shy and will act uninterested towards the person they love and who might say one or two harsh things (within reasonable boundaries) to hide his/her embarrassment...

Answer: Maybe.

- If you mean the neo tsundere who acts like a total retard, is a violent and sadistic freak, who treats the person they love like a dog...

Answer: Try it yourself and see just how (un)successful you'll be.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Feb 24, 2015 7:34 AM

Jul 2014
i'm also not talking about feisty.. i can see how that could be attractive. but i dont get the actual tsundere type...
Feb 24, 2015 7:36 AM
Apr 2014
I don`t even like the typical anime-ish tsundere in anime so I don`t see myself liking that kind of girl in real life. I wouldn`t even put the effort to get past the first layer of “tsun” just to get to “dere.”

Jul 2014
Korrvo said:
chuuzenjis said:

Depends on the girl; there are several potential reasons I could like her. She may have shown interest in me at whatever point, she may have similar tastes or general personality, I may admire her for any specific reason, she may be sexy as fuck, etc etc.

It may be off-putting, but being a tsundere doesn't mean you're the world's most hostile being ever or a total bitch. There are more mild and subtle ways of showing dislike for someone, and they may not even show dislike at other times, which fits the expectations of a more realistic tsundere.

I'm not masochist (despite how many times I jokingly say I am), I don't like people being cold or aggressive to me, but that doesn't mean my dislike of it is that significant of an emotion, depending on the kind or quantity of dislike I'm receiving.

When I think "tsundere", I'm more focused on the potential love aspect you would receive. It's like a hard earned prize, and the stuff you work for is the most satisfying. The "tsun" makes the "dere" more satisfying, so it's very easy to look past the "tsun".

What type of girl am I usually interested in? Anyone who will express their like for me in a significant way, without taking the "like" part lightly. That's why I like tsunderes, because they aren't* playing whore with their "like" emotion, so the "like" is more meaningful when she finally opens up to you.

edit: I mean't aren't*, I fixed

i see ok. i can get that much. i'm just very interested in the whole idea of it because it has never been something i would ever think of as attractive. i think feisty and playful is nice. but like i said before my male friends have told me before they dig the 'bitchy' type. but seeing the way you put it does make sense in a way

Nov 2014
Maybe? I don't know. If I feel she is mean to me for no reason I would most probably try to avoid her.
Feb 24, 2015 7:39 AM

Sep 2012
chuuzenjis said:

i see ok. i can get that much. i'm just very interested in the whole idea of it because it has never been something i would ever think of as attractive. i think feisty and playful is nice. but like i said before my male friends have told me before they dig the 'bitchy' type. but seeing the way you put it does make sense in a way
There's a difference between a tsundere and a bitch. A bitch is someone I would personally lay flat out on the pavement.

I have no interest in them; they're for masochists, desperate people, and idiots.
Feb 24, 2015 7:44 AM

Jul 2014
Korrvo said:
chuuzenjis said:

There's a difference between a tsundere and a bitch. A bitch is someone I would personally lay flat out on the pavement.

I have no interest in them; they're for masochists, desperate people, and idiots.

i think a lot of tsundere characters are quite 'bitchy' that's why i wrote that. i'm not saying bitch=/=tsundere
so yeah i got what you were saying.
Feb 24, 2015 7:44 AM

Nov 2013
Agreed. There's a big difference between a flat out bitch and a tsundere. I would make the effort if I think the girl is worth it. It truly depends on how interested you are on the girl though.
Feb 24, 2015 7:46 AM

Nov 2010
don't know any rl tsundere. All girls are nice, without conflicts.
Feb 24, 2015 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
A girl like Kirino? No. Never. Fuck that, please kill me. A girl like Kurisu? Maybe.

I prefer my girls cute and fluffy though.
Feb 24, 2015 7:50 AM

Feb 2015
if I know she is interested in me tsundere acts may add a little spice, but only in this case obv:
Shiratori-san said:
- If you mean the classic tsundere who is shy and will act uninterested towards the person they love and who might say one or two harsh things (within reasonable boundaries) to hide his/her embarrassment...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2015 7:51 AM

Jul 2014
RollTheJoint said:
if I know she is interested in me tsundere acts may add a little spice, but only in this case obv:
Shiratori-san said:

ok this i can fully understand.
Feb 24, 2015 7:54 AM
Apr 2014
I would be put off by the first layer of tsun.
Feb 24, 2015 8:10 AM

Feb 2015
chuuzenjis said:
Have you ever dated anybody who'd fit the tsundere criteria?

My class m8 in highschool. We never dated but she totally was tsun. We were both class representatives. Both good at school and always competing with eachother, always arguing about something (ALWAYS). We studied together too and spent a lot of time together or even on the phone in general. We were really cute.
Neither of us confessed when it was the time and after a while she started looking at other guys older than me.
When I realized I was just being friendzoned I dropped every little bit of relations we had because I was stupid and angry. She cried and I was happy and after a while I wasnt interested anymore.
We took separate ways and lost eachother for good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2015 8:42 AM
Apr 2014
Tsunderes are overrated man….
Feb 24, 2015 8:43 AM

Oct 2011
Not even in the least. Bitchy women are just not attractive to me and if I have to jump through hoops and hurdles to get their affection, then they can shove up their own ass.

If there is one thing men all around the world can agree on is that nagging/complaining/bitching is not attractive in the least.
Feb 24, 2015 8:45 AM
Dec 2010
Sounds like it'd be a bother. pls no
Feb 24, 2015 8:45 AM
Apr 2014
To be honest, Tsundere only works if they are attractive or at the very least cute. And even then, it puts off a lot of people.
Feb 24, 2015 9:03 AM

Jul 2014
One of my best friends is a tsundere. Wouldn't date her though
Take care of yourself

Feb 24, 2015 9:08 AM

Jan 2015
A tsundere can also change their attitude towards you as you two know more each other and your relationship deepens. As long as they're not so violent that they can cause trauma lol
Feb 24, 2015 9:24 AM

Mar 2014
NOOOOOO!!!

until it's Senjougahara of course.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Feb 24, 2015 10:01 AM

Jun 2011
well it generally depends but nah that doesn't really sound attractive
Feb 24, 2015 10:04 AM

Apr 2012
Hell no, Id bitchslap a twat like that to the moon. Tsundere is the 2nd worst character a girl could have in real life, right after Yandere.
Feb 24, 2015 10:14 AM

Dec 2013
If she doesn't physically abuse me I might give it a try...
Feb 24, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2014
if she's a slight one, like Kurisu, then sure
shit like Louise from zeroo no tsukaima, no way in hell
Feb 24, 2015 10:18 AM

Mar 2012
I think I'd like it. But only if it's extreme.
End Zionazism
Feb 24, 2015 10:26 AM
Dec 2014
Yeah, it would be nice :D
j
Feb 24, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
nah
Feb 24, 2015 10:54 AM

Dec 2013
I'm pretty sure I know a tsudere-like person in rl, and I would gladly smack her.

So no.
Feb 24, 2015 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
Borgov said:
Not even in the least. Bitchy women are just not attractive to me and if I have to jump through hoops and hurdles to get their affection, then they can shove up their own ass.

If there is one thing men all around the world can agree on is that nagging/complaining/bitching is not attractive in the least.

you see i agree with that but i've had male friends tell me that they like the bitchy-ness in some girls. so lmao
Feb 24, 2015 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
Lol i dont even like them in anime of course not
Feb 24, 2015 10:57 AM

Dec 2013
I can't stand it in anime, let alone real life
BAN ME
Feb 24, 2015 11:01 AM

Nov 2008
No, but it seems China and HK have quite a few women like this as most videos featuring real life tsunderes originated from those places.

Feb 24, 2015 11:11 AM

Sep 2012
I'm not a fan of domestic abuse.
Feb 24, 2015 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
What's up with all these tsundere questions lately o.O

They would if she's hot. But no hot girls would ask them out in the first place.
Feb 24, 2015 11:22 AM

Oct 2012
cupc said:

only if i get killed in the process

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 1 hour ago

6 by PostMahouShoujo »»
12 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - 2 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
15 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 7 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
29 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

54 by Meusnier »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

52 by Meusnier »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.