Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 20, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn...the grim atmosphere of this episode.

It's interesting to see Producer try to keep everyone together though for this generation. Idk how I feel about Mio honestly. She can apologize if she wants but she has to believe in herself again. Not much music this episode..but I'm glad Mio is able to return. :D
Feb 20, 2015 7:30 AM

Nov 2014
Ohh... Shiburin is almost quit too (affected by Mio?)

But as I expected, everyone is returned

And another 876 cameo
Feb 20, 2015 8:08 AM

Nov 2008
New Generations is back, hopefully Mio starts growing up from now on.

Ep 8 is on the 6th of March.

Feb 20, 2015 8:12 AM
Mar 2014
omfg.. 11/10 truly an epic episode. so much manly tears you know? i thought the grey clouds being gloomy and then brightening up at the end was super deep and almost ikuhara level symbolism. i cant handle this. this episode reminded me of american romcoms and thats the best genre so yeahaahh.. thank you so much a1 pictures!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 20, 2015 9:13 AM
Nov 2013
Someones say the drama in the end of the ep 6 is forced, but i dont think that.
Maybe the problem start for one mistunderstand and have much ways of solution, but the producer respond the way he only can do.

I really enjoy this episode because the grow the producer and Mio do.
Feb 20, 2015 9:35 AM

Feb 2008
It's quite obviously Mio will returned back again, but I never cared much about her thought.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 20, 2015 9:57 AM

Apr 2011
I'm glad it worked out fine in the end even thought I know the outcome, it was worth watching how it goes. I'm not fond of Mio, but without her, New Generations won't be the same.
Feb 20, 2015 2:54 PM

Dec 2011
I like it, but... isn't really catching me? The same happened with the other Idolmaster, and this is only the second time that happen to me.

Quality still a letdown, Rin still the best.
HeresiyaFeb 20, 2015 3:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2015 11:33 PM

Nov 2012
wah, so much drama this week. :| at least it was all resolved and new generations are back on track. mio is still a shit though.
at least uzuki remained her usual cheerful self this episode, thank god.
Feb 20, 2015 11:59 PM

Jan 2011
Character development yay! idolmaster really likes to set the atmosphere by making it rain for days lol same thing happened in the movie

still fuck you Mio(was hoping the cat girl would lay her out but whatevas)nonetheless i'm glad everyone's back to normal
Feb 21, 2015 12:52 AM

Jul 2014
It's sad to think that the Producer is by far the best character in this show at this point.

And why does Mio still think she has the right to be leader? If anyone, it should be Uzuki who is leader, but does an idol unit really need a leader? It just seems so petty to me.
Feb 21, 2015 12:52 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
First half was kind of painful for me to watch... I personally thought it got better when Producer-san was moved by Uzuki's optimistic attitude. Really gotta admire Producer in this episode. What a hardworking guy and he'll never let this idol unit disband.

Well I'm so glad it all worked fine in the end and New Generations isn't gonna disband anymore. I can't say that I'm fond of this drama that happened though... I really like the iDOLM@STER series so I hope to see them perform in more gigs. This situation may have been necessary for their character development but I hope the drama doesn't end up being...."cheesy" again. Well, for me, it was, but just my two cents...

Nevertheless, I wanna see where this is going because I personally love these girls and I'd like to see them all performing together in the grandest stage!
Feb 21, 2015 1:31 AM

Aug 2008
Back to the status quo. I just hope they don't pull off another Mio in the future. Meh, we'll see.

Oh, and Shimamura is the best girl. Always sweet.

danieltortoisee said:
It's sad to think that the Producer is by far the best character in this show at this point.

And why does Mio still think she has the right to be leader? If anyone, it should be Uzuki who is leader, but does an idol unit really need a leader? It just seems so petty to me.

Yeah, you and me both man. You stole the words right out of my mouth there.
Feb 21, 2015 2:44 AM

Sep 2011
I love this.

Because idol business is serious business. ^_^

Feb 21, 2015 3:23 AM
Dec 2008
I am really glad that Uzuki saved the show.

Best daughteru.
Feb 21, 2015 4:56 AM

Apr 2013
That was a good conclusion to the drama, I feel satisfied :)
Feb 21, 2015 5:48 AM
Aug 2009
Meh, this anime... In the first Im@s when ever a problem cropped up they solved it together, as in the whole gang. In this anime the sense of unity is, well was there ever one? There all over the goddamn place they don't help each other out (not even the awkward producer that really needs some lessons in communication), and run around like headless chickens... If not for the Im@s tag I'd have definitely considered dropping this already...
Please for the love of all that is Im@s pick up some steam next week...
Feb 21, 2015 6:30 AM

Aug 2008
Ah, everything's right in the world.

I'm really happy with this episode. It's now apparent that Producer has had a few Cinderellas leave him in the past, so he can't let history repeat himself. His way of handling things not only obviously hurt Mio in the last episode, but Rin in this latest episode as well. I'm glad things got mended; Mio realized her misunderstanding and the Producer really talked things out with her and Rin. It's a start.

But let's be fuckin real here for a sec. Why is Mio still the leader? I think it's Uzuki, the goddamn ganbarimasu girl that can do no wrong (yet), that obviously should be the one leading New Generations. She's optimistic, motivated, and the only one of the three that didn't lose their way. Despite everything happening around her, the only thing she regretted was not smiling more at their CD debut for fuck's sake. Call it airheadedness or just sheer majesty, I love that quality of her. She ain't got no time for this weepy whiny shit.

She also looked so adorable in her PJs and that surgical mask. ;3
Feb 21, 2015 8:18 AM

Jan 2013
FRIED CHICKEN!
Oh man that episode was one of the best one so far :D
Altough the mood was kinda gloomy and sad, I really admired Producer-san for cheering up Mio-chan and Shibuya-san. Producer-san is so cool <3

Feb 21, 2015 8:18 AM

Jul 2010
I thought it was great that everybody showed signs of breaking apart one way or another.

I sort of enjoyed how at the end that even the quality and quantity of the people watching doesn't matter but for the idols to enjoy themselves to the very end. It would just make the venue that much more joyful and perhaps with the people wanting more.

All the little pushes that lend to this conclusion were great.
Feb 21, 2015 8:35 AM

Jan 2012
This episode felt right at home to the emotions I experienced during my younger years. Love what I saw and am hoping CG continues to roll with some nice developmental drama and whatnot. Mio and Producer are coming back with a vengeance!
Feb 21, 2015 9:10 AM
Oct 2012
[quote=horus]Producer is def best girl./quote]

exactly what i was thinking, he's had the most character development and actually seems to be an interesting character that I didn't expect to see in this series, maybe they wanted to make a "The Producerm@ster" but weren't allowed so made this instead..
Feb 21, 2015 9:14 AM

Aug 2008
FatefulLove said:
I thought it was great that everybody showed signs of breaking apart one way or another.
Except for Uzuki. Nothing and no one can break goddamn ganbarimasu girl.
destructo22Feb 21, 2015 6:16 PM
Feb 21, 2015 9:24 AM

Jun 2008
Turns out as predicted, BUT...This episode shouldn't happen in the first place... Forced development is still forced.

They need to stop using the the trio as main characters and start using "the other" characters that they have presented as "Main" characters.

Man, ImasCG is just disappointing in every aspect, on one example, there is only one song in this episode, while the conclusion episode where Miki lost her motivation in the original had 3 songs...this is Idolmaster where are the fuckin' songs.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Feb 21, 2015 10:10 AM

Jun 2014
I really liked the rainy mood in this episode. The best episode so far imo. Producer-san got everyone back together again. He's just so kakkoii.
horus said:
Producer is def best girl.
Feb 21, 2015 10:34 AM

May 2011
Uzuki is such a nice and reasonable girl

kaimax said:
where are the fuckin' songs.

They don't have a library to choose from unlike the 765 girls unfortunately
Feb 21, 2015 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
Good to see the New Generations is back!
Feb 21, 2015 11:08 AM

May 2014
No ep next week ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2015 11:21 AM

Nov 2008
WuBoyBR said:
No ep next week ?

Nope, just a special for next week, the next episode will air on March 6th.

Feb 21, 2015 11:49 AM
Feb 2015
destructo22 said:
FatefulLove said:
Except for Uzuki. Nothing and no one can break goddamn ganarimasu girl.

Oh...god...I Do not trust that ONE BIT
after seeing iDOLM@STER, I have a feeling that Uzuki might end up having the harshest character develepment. OUT OF THEM ALL.
She's basically the Haruka of the group and if you didn't know, Haruka went through a lot of shit. A LOT of it. The Drama she has to go through is believable and heart breaking and iDOLM@STER Cinderella girls is doing the same with Uzuki, you can tell because there portraying her as this girl who loves to help others and is overly kind and just like Haruka, this is gonna come and bite her in the ass.
Feb 21, 2015 12:57 PM

Jun 2008
RockerXD said:
kaimax said:
where are the fuckin' songs.

LOL, that's a lame excuse though.
They have released 35 Character Master Singles, and 6 Album of the Jewelry series + 3 Group Singles
While the Master Singles is restricted to one song for one character, the Albums have 2 original songs with 5 solo covers. At least they have 35 + 12 + 3 Cinderella Girls original songs. They've only used 3 songs from that total which is Mika's "Tokimeki Escalate", "Message" and "Onegai Cinderella", the rest you hear now are new songs.

Heck they even tried to cash in on the anime by having a song compilation of the 14 "Main Characters" Master Singles into one Album called "Idolmaster Cinderella Girls animation project 00 St@rter Best". But ironically they never used any of them and this is on the 7th Episode..starter my ass lol.

So Far, they've used 3 existing songs with 3 New Songs. They actually have enough songs to fit a 24 episode BUT they need to stop with The Trio as the main MAIN characters bullshit and actually share the "limelight" with the other 11 "main characters". Also have the other characters guest star in other episodes ala Jougasaki Mika. I Would kill for one episode centered around Kaede's fame (Hayami Saori FTW).
kaimaxFeb 21, 2015 1:10 PM

Feb 21, 2015 4:39 PM

May 2011
kaimax said:
RockerXD said:

LOL, that's a lame excuse though.
They have released 35 Character Master Singles, and 6 Album of the Jewelry series + 3 Group Singles
While the Master Singles is restricted to one song for one character, the Albums have 2 original songs with 5 solo covers. At least they have 35 + 12 + 3 Cinderella Girls original songs. They've only used 3 songs from that total which is Mika's "Tokimeki Escalate", "Message" and "Onegai Cinderella", the rest you hear now are new songs.

Heck they even tried to cash in on the anime by having a song compilation of the 14 "Main Characters" Master Singles into one Album called "Idolmaster Cinderella Girls animation project 00 St@rter Best". But ironically they never used any of them and this is on the 7th Episode..starter my ass lol.

So Far, they've used 3 existing songs with 3 New Songs. They actually have enough songs to fit a 24 episode BUT they need to stop with The Trio as the main MAIN characters bullshit and actually share the "limelight" with the other 11 "main characters". Also have the other characters guest star in other episodes ala Jougasaki Mika. I Would kill for one episode centered around Kaede's fame (Hayami Saori FTW).

Fair enough, though I'm just waiting for Twilight Sky to get played (really want that Riina ep)
Feb 21, 2015 4:51 PM

May 2013
Miku's right. For once.

Godammit Mio. You're acting so immature and selfish, you're not fit to be an idol with that kind of attitude, really.

Well, Rin being alone now is depressing. The differences of the moods between this and episode 6 is throwing me off.

Poor producer. Sorry you gotta deal with all this angsty teenage girl drama crap.

See, Love Laika knows their stuff. They're older and thus, more mature.

Good girl Uzuki!

Sounds like Producer had a bad past with other idols then?

Finally waking up Mio? THANK THE LORD. Please stay like that.

So cheesey and fake, I'm dying.

Please get better series.
Feb 21, 2015 5:18 PM

Oct 2008
Oh wow, really surprised with how this episode turned out. Indeed it was silly how the whole drama started on last episode and like kaimax said, it shouldn't have happened in the first place, BUT they used this episode in the right way for some development (mainly Broducer). I was totally expecting 20 minutes of everyone being silly and annoying and boy, was I wrong. I liked how instead of directing the focus to Mio and the trio, they decided to make it the Producer's responsibility for the situation (which is partly true, and he is indeed responsible for the group) and showed us that he's also flawed and got some issues with his past. His awkwardness only enhances his best girl attribute, would marry.

Yes, we went back to square one with the trio, but Producer really deserved the development he had.

Feb 21, 2015 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
CreamTheEevee said:
destructo22 said:
Except for Uzuki. Nothing and no one can break goddamn ganarimasu girl.

Oh...god...I Do not trust that ONE BIT
after seeing iDOLM@STER, I have a feeling that Uzuki might end up having the harshest character develepment. OUT OF THEM ALL.
She's basically the Haruka of the group and if you didn't know, Haruka went through a lot of shit. A LOT of it. The Drama she has to go through is believable and heart breaking and iDOLM@STER Cinderella girls is doing the same with Uzuki, you can tell because there portraying her as this girl who loves to help others and is overly kind and just like Haruka, this is gonna come and bite her in the ass.
BRING IT ON
Feb 21, 2015 7:29 PM

Aug 2008
Uzuki win me this episode.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 21, 2015 7:36 PM

Jun 2013
All that blatant broken glass imagery. I lol'd.

#producersanbestgirl
-Trippwire-Feb 21, 2015 7:45 PM
Feb 22, 2015 1:11 AM

Jun 2008
Loolicon said:
Yes, we went back to square one with the trio, but Producer really deserved the development he had.

#producersanbestgirl

Feb 22, 2015 8:38 AM

Nov 2010
Original im@s whiners should also consider that im@s:CG is still halfway through 1st cour, where the original series still have episodic episodes dealing with every single idols one by one which honestly mostly I don't really care about. And Miki's arc halfway in that series still wasn't that much better either compared to Mio (Miki is much more attractive, but as a character I never liked her.)

But yes, Mio indeed is not really attractive, quite annoying and has some stupid drama to boost. I hope she will redeem herself since all of that plus the fact that she's currently in a 'main' trio would be a pain.

Howeveeer, Rin still has good potential, and Uzuki proves that she's indeed a good spiritual successor of Haruki. She's lovely in this episode. Not sure if any other characters will turn to be better with their current cardboard personalities since currently they have even more flatter character dimentions even compared to the original im@s rooster.

But yeah, broducer is still the best girl. Many subtle (and not so subtle) details and very interesting to see his future development later.
Feb 22, 2015 9:55 AM
Feb 2015
At least original Im@s cared about the fans of the other idols.
CG is just the trio, plus a bit of "mature glorification" with Love Laika and Mika love, while most girls' fans are getting spat upon, especially - need I say - the fans of loli characters, what with Rika and Akagi turning out to be the sidekick brainless and original quoteless maggots of Miku, which won't change ever.

The only thing they did good was the producer characterization, but that's not why I picked up CG for.
Feb 22, 2015 12:57 PM
Nov 2011
Nice episode to watch, though I expected Rin to be more resentful to Producer after she starred at him, it was interesting to see how Rin suddenly became the biggest quitter and Mio became the one to pushed her to return. I still can't believe that Mio became so mad after having her friends supporting her and people smiling, but fortuneately she developed that part of her character here.

Ps. Did someone else notice that the 765 All Stars billboard was replaced by a Cinderella Projetct one?
Feb 22, 2015 4:45 PM

Sep 2014
gambatte Producer-san!
Uzuki's really pleasing on this episode, I like her down-to-earth personality on being an idol.
Feb 22, 2015 7:44 PM
Jun 2011
I've been watching this show. I wanted to be enthusiastic about it like I was with the original, but I just didn't feel much for it. Then last week hit me so hard that I nearly dropped it. I considered ending the show right there, but I had the worst week last week especially feeling like the show that I relied on to show me how nice the world can be (yes I'm weird like that(, let me down.
Ep 4 of my other show this season was like an antidepressant after a loss, this was more like iodine after a cut. It stung a bit, but it helped me heal.
If a lousy fan, but I feel like producer does. I just want to see them be happy. Given all the negativity in the world lately, the happiness of fictional characters is what makes me happy.
I'll rest easier now.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Feb 22, 2015 9:47 PM

Mar 2014
Rin, Uzuki, and of course our wonderful developing Producer saved the petty dramatic mess that was last episode.
Rin added some extra necessary urgency to what would otherwise might have been a rather listless episode, and...get this, holy shit, she was actually more believable than Mio. Losing that sense of passion when everything starts going bad after you believe that, finally, you can find something to love and dive into. That glorious first taste and then it seems like it's all going to be yanked away from you? That cruel denial would cut anyone who's like Rin very deeply. Props to Rin really saving this arc by introducing some REAL drama. Sorry Uzuki, you're gonna have to scoot over a bit, Rin's taking a seat at the best girl table with you.
Fuck you, Mio. But at least you tried to make a proper apology. Hopefully you'll temper those expectations and grow up in the process, then you'll make a fine idol character.
Uzuki falling ill kind of just added into the drama that was Rin this episode by making her feel even more like that first taste of passion is just falling apart at the seams but the dialogue between her and the Producer certainly further underlined Uzuki's parallels to Haruka as other people have noted here. I also agree that Uzuki's character arc, again like Haruka's, might be the most traumatic of anyone's here, though I hope they'll take a slightly different spin on it because I don't want to see just a simple rehash of what Haruka went through. It would certainly be effective but not nearly as good as it could be, and I would rather not see another awkward setup like this arc.
Finally, there's Producer. And it's about time he start coming out of that closed-off, concise-speaker shell that he's built. I'm glad he recognized that he really didn't handle the events of last episode well and that he was also part of the cause of all the drama that this episode needed to handle. Originally, I didn't think he should have tried to handle it by himself, but thinking on it a little more it makes sense given his character and also sort of ties in with knowing that he was also part of the problem(and he seems to be the type of person who would attempt to handle such issues himself). And he handled it about as well as he could, and finally a sense got through to me that he's rather uncomfortable with words that had been missing during the first five episodes and was only partially present during the sixth. All excellent things.
Overall, an episode that could have been a really poor resolution to a poorly-begun arc that got utterly saved by two best girls and Producer. Unfortunately, I feel that no matter what CG does, it will be compared to the 2011 Idolmaster(and I have made some of those comparisons myself), even if a majority of viewers would rather judge CG solely on its own merit. However, I think that also presents an opportunity for CG to still prove itself more than worthy of the Idolmaster title. If A-1 can pick up the slack from here that was present in the first six episodes, I think they can pull off another big hit. And with this episode, I think they've proven that they still have the magic to make it happen. We can only wait, see and hope but I still look forward to how the rest of the show goes and how the characters continue to develop.
Feb 22, 2015 10:17 PM
May 2014
Poor producer got saved by Uzuki. Mio still irks me even as she's making amends but I guess that's that.

Rin's thing seems to just be a little buildup just as a reminder that she was the least motivated of all the girls (except Anzu...maybe), so any little mishaps will demoralize her. Glad she just left without making any bratty scene and came back quickly. Looking forward to her arc.
Feb 23, 2015 4:51 AM

Apr 2012
Well as I predicted.though it's better than I expected.

Now I just hope the future episode will feature more on the other girls.

cause I know it will not do well if they keep focusing on those three.
Feb 23, 2015 10:02 AM
Feb 2015
It's 7 episodes in.
They won't suddenly switch narrative; these 3 will be the focus of the whole series, the other girls are just decorations.
Feb 24, 2015 9:29 AM
Nov 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
Original im@s whiners should also consider that im@s:CG is still halfway through 1st cour, where the original series still have episodic episodes dealing with every single idols one by one which honestly mostly I don't really care about. And Miki's arc halfway in that series still wasn't that much better either compared to Mio (Miki is much more attractive, but as a character I never liked her.)

The original IM@S just as CG have numerous idol groups for a reason, this is not Dearly Stars which focus in an agency with only 3 idols, CG with only Cinderella Project having more idols than 765 Pro and focusing only in 3 is such a huge waste of potential character development for the rest and it's practically having 11 Mary Sues who had an important role in the game and are part of Cinderella Project and main cast for a reason, some of them hasn't even been showed training, which it's not fair for them.
Mau-KunFeb 24, 2015 9:56 AM
Feb 24, 2015 5:45 PM

Feb 2012
Well this ep cements it for me - CG is never going to come close to the original im@s if I already want to slap one of the girls silly.

This kind of development made absolutely 0 sense. Like, I honestly believe Mio is retarded.

I really hope the show focuses on other groups now, cause this trio is tainted with Mio there.
Feb 24, 2015 10:09 PM

Jul 2013
What surprised me is none of these girls got any serious repercussions of their actions. I would assume they signed a professional contract considering the company has invested a great deal of money into making their debut CD and concert not to mention costume, advertising costs (like huge banner or posters that would cost a fortune), and most likely buying some slots for TV/radio appearances. With such a tight scheduling, cases like Mio is simply unforgivable since that would mean missed public events , canceled fan meeting, or whatever. You can't debut an idol group and have the members disappear. Normally Mio would have incurred a heavy financial penalty plus getting kicked out and black-listed outright.

This is why agencies don't debut their idols before a period of training. It was already illogical that the main trio got such an early debut when the rest of the girls have put in their due for far longer dealing with shitty jobs and meeting with such lukewarm responses would have been normal for them. As much as I hate the gimmicky characters of the other girls, I feel really sorry for them because they've basically been butt-fucked by the producer and the agency.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

138 by HibiChika »»
Jan 7, 5:26 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

66 by M1kasaYu1 »»
May 7, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

58 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:41 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

29 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

42 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.