Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2008 5:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Hotaru had to switch roles with her older sister. I liked that part and the fact that Hotaru now decided not to fool everyone anymore. But the episode moved slowly and I'm sure the villagers and Hotaru's family will be against all this.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 15, 2008 6:11 PM

Jan 2008
I loved this episode, can't wait for the next!

I'm curious as to whether Hotaru's sister will disappear form the show now, or still show up on occasion to assist Hirose.

The thing I've liked about the past 2-3 episodes of this show is that they have ended in a way that almost felt like the series could just end there and it would be satisfying, yet there are still a few things left that keep your attention.
Feb 15, 2008 6:36 PM

Sep 2007
Wha.....so Hinata's really Hotaru, the younger sister. Didn't see that one coming. That sucks, having your identity flushed down the toilet in an instant while also believing your dead sister wanted that too. How scarring for a child her age =/

+1 sympathy for current Hinata.
Feb 15, 2008 6:39 PM

Oct 2007
I guess that was alternative ending. Happy one. So i guess we can see sad one after ep 12.
Feb 15, 2008 7:45 PM

Nov 2007
A lot better than the last episode. Hinata's little story is more interesting than the weak reasoning behind everyone hating Kohinata.
Feb 15, 2008 8:26 PM

Aug 2007
So Otaha was really Hinata who really died so that the Hinata now is actually Hotaru who took on the role of Hinata so that she can please her family and grandfather. Well that was a real mindbender episode lol. Great :D
Feb 15, 2008 8:37 PM
Jan 2008
Wow, this episode came at a perfect time. I've gone from a person who halfway watched the show out of a sense of "well, I started it I should finish it" to actually looking forward to seeing how this will all turn out. Great plot piece that I honestly didn't see coming.
Feb 15, 2008 9:06 PM

Aug 2007
*kicks grampa in the balls*
Feb 15, 2008 9:49 PM

Jan 2007
that was certaintly interesting. but i feel very cheezed out. so the episode gets an ok from me.
Feb 15, 2008 10:21 PM

May 2007
Stupid old gramps. I'm betting he ends up dead by the end of H2O. Another happy episode. Everyone accepts Hotaru as she are with no doubts apparently. And Kohinata is now part of the kids group. So the big draw of the story resembles to Hotaru's picture book.

So I guess this will stay as Hinata or else it'd be spoiler. XD

Also, lol @ Mahou Shoujo Magical Otoha
Feb 15, 2008 11:04 PM

Jun 2007
I'm happy they added more depth to the story. It really made me change my opinion more about this show. The part about Otoha being the sister was predictable but I didn't see the whole sister switch coming. That was an interesting twist.
Feb 16, 2008 12:11 AM

Jun 2007
This episode makes the wait for the ED single real painful.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this episode.
Feb 16, 2008 1:45 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I'm glad this story has different levels . At first I thought it would be silly but it turned out to be really good ~ I never expected Hotaru would change places with her sister though . But switching names only because Hotaru was shy was really bad ~ If they knew from the start that "Hinata" was Hotaru noone would have any problem now ~

Does that mean Otoha-Hinata will leave now ? Pity ~ >.<
Feb 16, 2008 2:10 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was really good, imo.
I liked the depth they give to Hotaru's past. I think Otoha (now Hinata) will stay for now, since she seems to have some pending "business" with Hirose.

Can't wait to see the next episode ^_^
Oh, and I really hope something bad happens to Hotaru's granfather =P
Feb 16, 2008 4:07 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome epi I was really impressed because the switched roles I never thought that, well I can't wait for next epi.
I also wonder what happens if her grandfather finds out, can't stand him
Feb 16, 2008 4:39 AM

Jun 2007
It was better, changing places with the older dead sister was something I hadn't expected, but what annoyed me was that the ed started playing in the middle of the episode. >.>
Lol @ Hamaji's line: 'All the girls will wear yukatas'. xD
Feb 16, 2008 10:39 AM

Jul 2007
That was pretty unexpected. I liked this episode more than the others - at least it gives some of Hotaru/Hinata's motivation beyond just doing what her grandfather tells her to do.
Feb 16, 2008 11:09 AM
Sep 2007
slowly the series starts to get good, or at least better than it was.
but, what the hell? she tells everyone she really is the sister everyone believed dead and they just go like "mkay, so from now we call you hotaru, np"
no one with a healthy "wtf?" or something like that?
and, somehow it was at the same time slow, and too rushed. slow in the sense of episode pacing, too rushed in the sense of the whole thing crammed in one episode including somewhat of a conclusion.
but, enjoyable nonetheless
Feb 16, 2008 2:17 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
So Hotaru had to switch roles with her older sister. I liked that part and the fact that Hotaru now decided not to fool everyone anymore. But the episode moved slowly and I'm sure the villagers and Hotaru's family will be against all this.

I felt it the other way, besides everything else that i agree, i dont think it went slow, i think it was just perfect!!!
But yea, next episode i expect her Grandfather to be really pissed off...

We should make a poll if you hate or like the grandfather, just so we can get 100% hate :P

I like the way this anime is shown, it does not keep mysteries for too long, instead though its:
Kids vs (Adults + How they were raised)
Feb 16, 2008 4:12 PM

Jun 2007
This is the Quoted Anime
Everone quotes someone but those quotes were already quotes from somebody else.
I'm wondering who that "If you eat a candy, a flower..." was originally from. :stareup:

nice episode, so HInata is Hotaru and Otoha is Hinata, huh
I really liked the part when they played the background music a bit louder, it was really fitting and decent (unlike some other series).

This anime still hasn't left me in despair. I'm wondering how this will end.
Feb 16, 2008 8:12 PM

Oct 2007
Gotta love how off and on this anime is...this was a good episode that is watered down by the other bad episodes. its really a pain how there are no real previews to gauge what we'll see next.

Anime still hasn't lived anywhere near where my expectations were but its not been dropped.
Feb 16, 2008 10:50 PM

Aug 2007
Poor Hinata errr Hotaru...being forced to live under the shadow of her sister for the rest of her life. I was hoping that Kohinata had something to do with "Hotaru's" death, but the switch wouldn't have been possible...pity.

Anyone else thinks that Hotaru pushed Hinata into the pond knowing that she couldn't swim? The fact that they blacked out the screen leads me to believe that something else might have happened. Either they didn't want to show a child drowning or they want viewers to speculate about things.

The series definitely started off slow and weak, but the previous episodes has shown that this show has the potential for a strong finish. They better make Hirose blind again, what's the point of having a blind protagonist if the guy was only blind for one episode?
Feb 16, 2008 11:38 PM

Jan 2008
WOW! I was not expecting that. So her sister's room was really her room and it was Hinata that died. I can't believe her grandfather is so disgraceful. And how could the village be against Hotaru? Is it because she hung out with Kohinata who's family treated them so badly? It's all starting to come together now but I'm still not sure about it.

Anyway, loved it, especially the part where Hinata came back.
Feb 17, 2008 5:16 AM

Feb 2008
Well about Hinata she has great grade on school and can do everything, about Hotaru she has bad grade and can't do anything that's why the village have go against Hotaru. Well hope this go well when she changes to Hotaru. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 17, 2008 11:21 AM

Jan 2008
the story is getting beter and beter..
hope they don't give us a bad ending

Feb 17, 2008 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
A very very good episod !! ^__^
I loved it !!!

After any middling episods (the 4 X_x) ...with the 7th, H2o come back good !!
And Hinata (euh ...Hotaru ...) ... T___T

I want see the next !!

Feb 17, 2008 7:14 PM

Jun 2007
PimpToad said:
Anyone else thinks that Hotaru pushed Hinata into the pond knowing that she couldn't swim? The fact that they blacked out the screen leads me to believe that something else might have happened. Either they didn't want to show a child drowning or they want viewers to speculate about things.

I might have agreed with you if Hotaru was on the same side of the pond as her sister lol. But they where both on different sides so I think the black was to prevent us from seeing her drown.

Also why would you kill the one person that sticks up for you?
Feb 17, 2008 8:21 PM

Aug 2007
Jealously perhaps?

The scene was too ambiguous to know where exactly the girls were standing at. All we saw was already sinking in the pond/lake, Hotaru with a shocked expression near the shore, and the flower supposedly at the other side of the pond.

This raises the question of was Hinata actually going to swim through the pond to get that flower? If so, then this ceases to be a pond and should be upgraded more to a lake. She could have easily walked around and grabbed the flower. Why would she jump in knowing full well that she can't swim. I'm assuming said thing due to the fact that she was smart.

Even if that person does stick up for you, you are still treated like shit because of that person. If she disappears...then maybe things will turn out better for you? What better way to improve deplorable conditions than to eliminate the source of it all?

Feb 18, 2008 4:33 AM

Aug 2007
Bzzzt 1 points for me :P

Hinata being Hotaru was surprising but if you go back to the other episodes and checked the GrandFather atitude it could be expected. Chibi Hinata and Hotaru were cute :p. It was a positive atitude from the schoolmates but hey doesnt that remember Hirose when he got his eyesight?

Otoha-chan being (true)Hinata was something i was expecting since i saw the room and (fake)Hotaru photo.

Good episode. This one rocked something inside.
Feb 18, 2008 7:53 AM

Dec 2007
beautiful and surprising episode ^^ it's very sad when people expect you to be someone you're not
Hotaru will now have a hard time with her grandpa

Feb 18, 2008 10:39 AM

Dec 2007
I really liked this one.
you finally know who Otoha is.
I hate the Grandfather more and more with every episode.

i need your love, i'm a broken rose.
Feb 18, 2008 11:59 AM

Jul 2007
What a rude grandfather, he cares nothing for his grandchildren, only to be seen has some kind of leader for the village. I really wonder what happened to Hotaru's and Hinata's parents. This was an interesting twist to the series, can't say I was expecting it in the least.
Feb 18, 2008 10:45 PM

Jun 2007
PimpToad said:
Jealously perhaps?

The scene was too ambiguous to know where exactly the girls were standing at. All we saw was already sinking in the pond/lake, Hotaru with a shocked expression near the shore, and the flower supposedly at the other side of the pond.

This raises the question of was Hinata actually going to swim through the pond to get that flower? If so, then this ceases to be a pond and should be upgraded more to a lake. She could have easily walked around and grabbed the flower. Why would she jump in knowing full well that she can't swim. I'm assuming said thing due to the fact that she was smart.

Even if that person does stick up for you, you are still treated like shit because of that person. If she disappears...then maybe things will turn out better for you? What better way to improve deplorable conditions than to eliminate the source of it all?

It didn't look that big to me from the way the camra was showing it.
There was one shot where we see a slide mark down the side of the bank into the pond where the flower was and the camera pans to show the sister on the other side away from the slide mark. This how I can tell they where not on the same side of the pond. That is, unless the sister can fly?

But maybe I missed something, I guess we can wait and see what happens, but it really doesn't seem like her sister would kill her.
Feb 19, 2008 2:32 PM

Sep 2007
nice episode! i wasn't expecting much after the last few episodes, but I liked this one, although everything was a bit too happy at the end.

since otoha is probably going to leave now, I guess that hirose is going to be blind again.

hinata-hotaru's grandfather is a jerk, though.
Feb 19, 2008 11:02 PM

Nov 2007
ok the twist was great but the storyline is so messed up.

we start with hirose gaining his vision....and that was left hanging. can we maybe find out a little more about the promised one and why he was allowed to get his vision...
then the hating of kohinata and now everyone loves her which makes no sense if the elders are the one's that control all the action.
now the twist of hotaru and hinata is good but wtf is up with the grandfather and the family.

how much more f'ed up can this village get!!!
lets kill a family because we don't want to pay for medicine. then lets make the youngest daughter into the oldest because we feel like it...

and where the hell are hotaru's parents!
Feb 20, 2008 2:18 AM
Feb 20, 2008 7:44 AM

Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:
I'm happy they added more depth to the story. It really made me change my opinion more about this show. The part about Otoha being the sister was predictable but I didn't see the whole sister switch coming. That was an interesting twist.

I liked Hotaru's story. It really made me put this show up from 5 to 6. And yes, I suspected Otoha being related to Hinata, cause they both have the same haircolour and eyecolour. Well I think the fact that Hinata was actually Hotaru was not as predictable as Otoha related to Hotaru.. but i still wasn't suprised, I suspected something like that from the moment Hotaru told Hirose that the bedroom next to her, belonged to her dead sister...
I think people of this village, the youths at least, accepts things way too easily.. I mean if someone had told me suddenly that they were in reality not that person but another person, i know I at least would have been suprised...
Feb 27, 2008 1:09 AM

Sep 2007
E_chan said:

I think people of this village, the youths at least, accepts things way too easily.. I mean if someone had told me suddenly that they were in reality not that person but another person, i know I at least would have been suprised...

Seriously

Ugh, this anime could be good but they just manage to blow everything. The hinata switch definitely caught me off guard and made for a good plot twist, but they never stick with a plot long enough for me to actually appreciate it. Speaking of, what the heck happened with the trap? They just kinda threw it at us and have ignored it since then, do we get to find out the story behind that?

I don't like this instant acceptance of "Hotaru." Yes, it was a good plot and I really have to give the writers some props for that, but execution is awful as always. Within 20 seconds of her new introduction, it cuts away and everyone seems to have completely accepted the new Hotaru with no questions what-so-ever. It's this kind of jaunty execution that turns me off from what would otherwise be a decent story.
Jun 2, 2008 9:07 PM

Jan 2008
great episode!

wasn't expecting them to switch roles. XD
Jun 19, 2008 3:44 AM

Apr 2007
Wow, awesome as hell ep. This just proves that this anime had so much potential. Why the hell did they do what they did in the first 4 episodes? Why? It could have been so great, yet alas...

Lets see how the rest of the story spans out now.

Onto next episode~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2008 1:15 PM

Aug 2008
That was a pretty good episode. What I'm wondering is why was it so important that Hinata lived and not Hotaru?
Jan 10, 2009 12:10 AM
Jun 2008
i personally loved this episode the most so far :D
Jan 26, 2009 4:49 PM

Apr 2008
the ending of this serei actually gave it 1more point from me. a strong 9'ner from me.

allthough the unlikely ending with her coming back from the dead was like,well,yea.. and why did she smile when she grabbed the kid who was standing on the tracks? there might be a deep meaning behind it,but I guess we can never know.maybe she was happy that Takuma remembered and tried to run after her.

anyway,good serie for being this short. worth watching for those romantica fans out there.

ps: seems like I'm abit to fresh on this spoiler tag,so sorry for the spoiler if it isn't working.
Jan 26, 2009 4:54 PM

Jun 2008
^ you should have posted in the last episode thread :P
Mar 11, 2009 10:56 AM

Aug 2008
wow, it was so amazing.
Hinata is Hotaru.
Hinata is Otoha.

wow
May 7, 2009 6:47 PM

May 2008
Pretty good episode in comparison to the others, Hinata actually being Hotaru was a pretty interesting twist. Should be interesting to see what happens with the town now. Episode still felt pretty slow to me though.
Jan 27, 2010 9:50 AM

Aug 2009
Nice story ^.^'
Feb 9, 2010 11:46 PM

Jul 2009
janeify said:
wow, it was so amazing.
Hinata is Hotaru.
Hinata is Otoha.

wow

Indeed.
Thus h2o....

But yeah that was an interesting twist to the story but it wasn't a very good one because the twist came out of nowhere.
あらあら。。。^^
Jun 23, 2010 12:18 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, did not expect THAT at all...
and I thought "Hotaru" (Hinata) died because of the same way as Yui's grandfather died too....

For some reason I heard "~nippah" at the end whenever the real Hinata say something... must be my imagination.
Jun 24, 2010 5:45 AM

Jan 2010
great episode ^_^
i'm starting to get into this :)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

alert105 - Mar 21, 2008

275 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:52 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Phrosh - Jan 25, 2008

77 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

78 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Mar 15, 2008

99 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

chibuki - Mar 8, 2008

58 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.