Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2015 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really nice to see Gourmet imo this episode. Every time he show up, the energy just shoots way up.

Also, there's quite a bit of Eto as well. And the buildup still felt a bit slow but it picked up pace a bit more in the second half. Kaneki's reunion with Touka is quite noticeable. His hair is like completely white...

Not bad though. Can't say I'm surprised by that fact that she punched his face.

Feb 19, 2015 8:09 AM

Feb 2013
Gourmet! Wooo! Loved this episode. Season 2 is much better as an anime compared to season 1. But i guess season 1 was just a build up. I still skip the intro though, still horrible in my opinion. 4/5
Feb 19, 2015 8:27 AM

Nov 2014
Nice episode.

Made me wonder whether or not Eto is actually communicating with Kaneki or if she's just watching him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2015 8:33 AM

Dec 2014
Hinamii ^^
Tsukiyama!! Can't believe that he still keeps that, amazing performance by him.
Eto's got some mad skills supressing RC cells and walking into CCG.
Touka went tsundere but she's right and I can't hate her because she's his only connection to sanity.

UltvejFeb 19, 2015 8:51 AM
Feb 19, 2015 8:38 AM

May 2014
The most epic beginning scene I have ever seen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2015 8:38 AM

Sep 2013
Oh Tsukiyama! How much I missed him! I really can't wait to see how J Michael Tatum voices him.
Hinami and Takatsuki Sen <3 <3
Nice to see this episode gave more screen time to Kaneki. it's been 2 whole episodes since he spoke, lol.
Touka, oh Touka! That scene was well done. Props to Amamiya Sora.

And Kaneki's obvious chin touch and knuckle crack when he was talking with Touka.
Feb 19, 2015 8:40 AM

Nov 2014
Craftworld_MM said:

Spoiler that shit dude
Feb 19, 2015 8:40 AM
Jun 2014
I am actually interested to see the next episode as so far a lot things were changed comparing to manga...
It was clear that CCG investigator noticed manager being Owl Eye, but will he just let it be like that or actually attack the coffee shop? If he will attack the shop, will Kaneki defend his friends with his insanity? Will he even come to shop again after Touka told him to go away? (Actually, I think he won't work in shop, but he will watch over it as the guy with white hair in first season did, by the way, what had happened to him? I always thought he was related to Kaneki, but did he die? Unless I forgot about his death it's clear that he went to watch over Kaneki, by himself or the manager told a few people to find info about him...)
Feb 19, 2015 8:43 AM

Apr 2014
lol stop quoting him
Feb 19, 2015 8:44 AM

Aug 2010
Really nice ep. Hinami is so precious <3 I just love her so much >.< Dem blushes <3

Lots of Shu FTW XD EL DORADO lol AND DAT SNIFFING SCENE WAS INSANE XDXDXD Sweet memories and Sweet Harmonies!! Euphoria !!! ROFL

Sen meeting Hinami was quite nicely done. Sure is a mystery that Sen :P

That was a nice way they had Sen pass through the sensor ^^; I wonder how many anime only's noticed XD

Totally didn't expect Ken to go back in the anime too O_o?? Hinami's reaction was so sweet going to Touka right away :3 She ships so hard XD She even preferred telling Touka rather than seeing him herself :( Poor Hinami she must've wanted to see her Onii-chan.

Dat chin touch doe! Falcon punched by Touka and slugged to no tomorrow XD

So is that really Ken's only reason going to Aogiri? Only to get stronger? There has to be something else right T^T He could've Gotten stronger on his own like the manga XD Quite a creepy scene when Jason and Rize were climbing up his body though :O

Loved the Shinohara "Have we met before" and Dat "Mata Kimasu" Shit got real!!

Was that Hinami at the end of the ED? So beautiful but sad :*(

Spoiler for manga readers
Feb 19, 2015 8:57 AM

Sep 2013
The beginning looked like he was getting a double blowjob from Rize and Jason XD
Hinami ending :'( so good.

No action, just boring and lame stuff with no plot and slow as hell I mean who cares about hinami and touka? this sucks.

ichii_1Feb 19, 2015 9:36 AM
Feb 19, 2015 9:01 AM

Sep 2012
EUPHORIC!
Oh god who are you people?
Feb 19, 2015 9:02 AM
Jan 2014
All around a good episode.
Feb 19, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2014
I'm so happy seeing Tsukiyama again, he is so funny. Euphoric!

And finally Touka meets Kaneki again... though it wasn't a very good reunion.
Feb 19, 2015 9:14 AM

Apr 2011
I wish second season is 24 eps like before stated.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Feb 19, 2015 9:16 AM

Nov 2012
So in the ED they show us Hinami in re but without the mask, at least more detailed and altough we dont see Tsukiyama very often, everytime he shows up he never disappoints xD.
Feb 19, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
That beginning was certainly a powerful sequence, and Rize finally appeared again, even if just for a moment. Gotta love it when Tsukiyama appears. He's great, though I do have to wonder what purpose his scenes really served. Kaneki and Touka's reunion didn't go as I expected, but I do like it this way. And why am I not surprised that the author (whose identity is all too obvious by now) has basically sold out Anteiku, and to Juzo and Shinohara of all people. They also definitely saw through Anteiku at the end there, so I'm interested in what will happen next.
Feb 19, 2015 9:26 AM

Aug 2013
everytime i see tsukiyama i need to laugh so hard he is just to funny with his ahegao sniffing
Feb 19, 2015 9:28 AM
Sep 2013
Pretty good episode. They finally made the Touka and Kaneki confrontation which I had been waiting for. They did It alright wish they added Touka inner thoughts. Novelist talks to shinohara which felt weird but I since this specifically stated that the event are turned around its fine.
Cant wait for the next episode. These next episodes will be what will be really sh*t hits the fan. They sly hint at the end of we'll meet again.
Feb 19, 2015 9:31 AM
Dec 2013
Sweet memories!!

Feb 19, 2015 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
I know people like tsukiyama but his screen time in the bathroom was unnecessary.
Feb 19, 2015 9:35 AM

May 2013
Tsukiyama and his antics again. He is just hilarious when he starts smelling Kaneki's blood.

Sep 2014
FINALLY CUSTOMERS AT ANTEIKU. I THOUGHT HOW THEY DIDN'T BANKRUPT.

Nice episode :)

Feb 2015
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE BUILD A TIME MACHINE AND GO BACK IN TIME AND CONVINCE FUCKING MADHOUSE TO ANIMATE THIS SERIES????!!!!!
I JUST RE-READ THE MANGA CHAPTERS CONCERNING THIS EPISODE AND THE FEELS WERE SO.....UGHH THE MANGA ARTSTYLE IS WAY BETTER I WANTED TO SEE IT WELL ANIMATED, MADHOUSE PLIS ;_; RE-ANIMATE THIS IN THE FUTURE ;_;
dis gurl was in da hospital becuz she had cancers in her eye, den her boyfreind said ¨i am goin to leave u cuz u cant see how much i luv u¨. da gurl was all liek ¨noo, y did u laeve me¨ and then da doctor comes in and say ¨we found sum eyes 4 u 2 haev¨ and den da gurl was leik ¨how¨ and da doctur said ur bf killt hisself so u culd have his eye an he said dat u can chow much he love u becuz u hav his eyes now and he can lok at u wenever u c a mirror¨ and da gurl was all leik ¨omg¨.
xXx...REPOST DIS IF U CRY EVRYTIME...xXx
Feb 19, 2015 9:55 AM

Jun 2013
good episode.. nice build up for all the action to come up ,, just hope they dont blow it off. Fight scenes till now have been drab for the most part..

and Whats up the recent anime (aldnoah) and this anime obsession with flowers and their meanings.. Pretty weird
Feb 19, 2015 9:58 AM

Nov 2014
This episode also really makes to seem like Hinami has a crush on Kaneki, or am I seeing things?
Feb 19, 2015 10:00 AM
Dec 2011
THAT HINAMI ending! I almost cried tbh.

I wonder what was the significant to change Takatsuki/Amon convo to her meeting Shinohara and Suzuya. Her interaction with Suzuya is cute tho.
EDIT: oh shiet, I just remembered what happened in manga and mann, that's too sadist and cruel, TG.

lol @ Kaneki/Touka shippy-ness in this episode. not that I'm complaining but it went more subtle and smooth in manga, their reunion also felt rushed imo. but having Nishiki to talk about love is awkward as hell XD

ofc Tsukiyamaaaaaa!! I had to skip his parts because they are too weird for me lol I kinda feel disgusted by having him sniffing a for god know how old is that piece of blood-stained cloth. Glad to have him back tho. We need more Banjou and co pls :(
lilymulFeb 19, 2015 10:08 AM
Feb 19, 2015 10:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode made me realize just how much I missed seeing Tsukiyama orgasm over Kaneki, he is too funny and fabulous xD

It was also really cute to see how much Hinami cares about Touka and Kaneki and her interaction with Sen yet again this week was just kawaii....I also liked how Nihil taught her about what love feels like :')

Also if I didn't know any better I'd think that Suzuya might be attracted to Sen lol (I mean who wouldn't amirite?) She was perfect as always

We also got the full on explanation as to how Centipede-kun came to be as well as some insight on what goes on in his head so everyone should be pleased now. He and Touka's interaction was very powerful and emotional and was done really well imo

The art and animation was really good btw, like from beginning to end everything was just crisp and I loved it. Hopefully it stays that way for the rest of the season. The end cards were grateful as well and I liked the very last one of Hinami.....That looked really beautiful and has season ugh a deep meaning as to how her character truly is
Feb 19, 2015 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
I found this to be quite an emotional episode
Feb 19, 2015 10:14 AM

Oct 2013
Oh boy. I hope next episode isn't what it seemed like it'll be. Anteiku looks like it is in trouble.
Feb 19, 2015 10:15 AM

Oct 2014
Gourmet getting orgasm over Kaneki's blood.....GAY!!!!!!!

Uh oh, looks like things aren't gonna go well with Antiku.
Feb 19, 2015 10:17 AM

May 2012
Hinami proves to be best grill once again, with her supporting of Touka, need for power, and care for big bro Kaneki.

Probably my favorite ending so far, too. Last one from episode 6 was also pretty great.

Kvothe51 said:
This episode also really makes to seem like Hinami has a crush on Kaneki, or am I seeing things?

Eh. Yeah, I noticed this too. It's not necessarily a bad thing since I like Hinami the most outta the TG girls, butI guess it just doesn't feel right. Just re-read the chapter and there wasn't anything like what Tsukiyama said in this episode, just them discussing Kaneki's changes.

Feb 19, 2015 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
THAT WAS REALLY GOOD. I haven't laughed this hard in a while, having Tsukiyama back was perfect, he's even more flamboyant than before

and so much Hinami and that scene from chapter 120 it was perf, I really like how everything is being put together and to think it was Takastuki that warned Shinohara and her reaction with Juuzo

ALSO THAT CHIN TOUCH...we better get v14
Feb 19, 2015 10:21 AM

Feb 2013
What a tease, what with Kaneki coming back just to continue to be indecisive. Ending scene was interesting tho
Feb 19, 2015 10:27 AM

Mar 2014
I like when a character I hate gets punched in da face

I bet Tsukiyama fapped off-camera
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 19, 2015 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
V14 is coming. Papa Arima is coming....
Feb 19, 2015 10:30 AM

Apr 2014
Kvothe51 said:

Actually to me it seems the anime is making everything that was subtle in the manga more obvious to the anime only watchers. Things like the Hide's role, Eto's identity and the symbolism behind the flowers. Perhaps it was subtle in the manga but there were some panels where Hinami acted the same way when she was visiting
Feb 19, 2015 10:32 AM

Oct 2013
^That was only brotherly love, I don't see Hinami's feelings swinging that way.
Feb 19, 2015 10:34 AM

Mar 2014
Nuvi said:
I totally agree. I don't want my waifu to have feelings for anybody who isn't me!
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 19, 2015 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
Comic_Sans said:
Nuvi said:
I totally agree. I don't want my waifu to have feelings for anybody who isn't me!

hinami will fall in love with tsukiyama just sayin :P

Oct 2013
Comic_Sans said:
Nuvi said:

Well yeah. Hinami is precious, Hinami is the miracle of the universe....

Apr 2014
One of the best scenes in the manga was used in the episode. In the manga it was so much stronger, [/spoiler]because in the manga Kaneki visited Anteiku several times and all those times touka missed him. One of those times he even left a small gift for her. In the manga Touka was also crying.[spoiler]

Still a great episode tough
Feb 19, 2015 10:36 AM

Dec 2014
Nuvi said:
Comic_Sans said:

Well yeah. Hinami is precious, Hinami is the miracle of the universe....
Hinami uber alle!
Feb 19, 2015 10:36 AM

Mar 2014
Taewan said:
Comic_Sans said:

Lolnope that would never work out

We all know Tsukiyama loves Kaneki and Kaneki only
Nico- said:
Feb 19, 2015 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
Taewan said:
Comic_Sans said:

LOL that will never happen
Feb 19, 2015 10:39 AM

Apr 2014
Taewan said:
Comic_Sans said:

LOL that will never happen

ShadowBullet said:
One of the best scenes in the manga was used in the episode. In the manga it was so much stronger,

Feb 19, 2015 10:39 AM

Jan 2015
I still don't really understand why Kaneki left Anteiku in the first place... Was it just to protect them?
Thought this was quite a good episode though, I was getting slightly bored of the random fight scenes.
Feb 19, 2015 10:41 AM

Mar 2014
jungsis said:
I still don't really understand why Kaneki left Anteiku in the first place... Was it just to protect them?
Thought this was quite a good episode though, I was getting slightly bored of the random fight scenes.
It's because he wanted to become STRONGER
Nico- said:
Feb 19, 2015 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
Rikudo95 said:
I have a question...does CCG know that "Eyepatch" is actually Kaneki Ken and that he worked in anteiku before? Im a bit confused
This episode was just ok i liked tsukiyamas comeback lol
Yes they know, they were viewing Kaneki's profile before.
Feb 19, 2015 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
jungsis said:

Remember his long monologue in episode 12 of season 1? The answer is there.

Rikudo95 said:
I have a question...does CCG know that "Eyepatch" is actually Kaneki Ken and that he worked in anteiku before? Im a bit confused
This episode was just ok i liked tsukiyamas comeback lol

Yeah they're aware of his identity.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.