Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2008 4:48 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright, after finishing this awesome series and being blown away, I have one major grievance point:

WHAT ON EARTH WAS GOING ON IN THIS EPISOIDE?!

Who was the Chidori clone? What purpose did she serve? What the hell?

Agh! What happened! That episode was such a mindfuck!

Any explanations around here?
<3
Feb 21, 2008 8:01 AM

Feb 2008
Oh! You mean that bit*h? Oh, she just look like Kaname. Not a clone.

And if you've watch FMP from ep7, you'll understand why is Sagara going on EMO.. lol!

That's it, he's EMO! LOL!
Mar 5, 2008 4:06 AM

Jan 2008
Sousuke was going through his depressing stage, what better way for it to hit him than a chick that looks exactly like the source of all his troublesome thoughts and emotion? I liked how she even acts like the real Chidori.

This is the first time they explained Kashim right? Interesting. What a badass :D A 7 yr old assassin failed to eliminate his target who was known to be another badass as well. Cool.

Feb 5, 2009 12:34 PM

Jun 2008
Boring episode....
Mar 12, 2009 3:44 AM

Dec 2008
The chidori whore was interesting
I really liked the dialogue
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2009 9:04 PM

Dec 2008

ugh. i chose the worst time to start eating dinner.
Nov 21, 2009 11:39 PM

Jun 2009
Good episode and the Chidori look alike had a definite purpose. It highlights how he feels about her and, after this episode, it's obviously in a romantic sense.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 6, 2010 5:56 AM
May 2008
IMO the Chidori look alike was a bit silly, but I can understand her purpose in the episode. Other than that this episode seemed to go from bad to worse, for the characters that is.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Feb 9, 2010 9:38 PM

Jan 2009
Cool ep, but it's time for Sousuke to be a badass again.

Mar 5, 2010 7:25 PM

Mar 2010
I lol'd at Sousuke drinking scotch.
Mar 21, 2010 1:01 AM

Sep 2008
He's walking around all depressed carrying a bottle of scotch, he's officially a bum.
Aug 25, 2010 7:53 PM

May 2010
Well who knew prostitutes know foreign languages.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 7, 2011 8:05 PM

May 2010
Jikkir said:

The Chidori clone sort of represents a perversion of his desires, if that makes any sense. Sorry if my explanation doesn't really help, but the point is that Sousuke is feeling very confused about himself, and kinda vulnerable too, so he doesn't know how to deal with his feelings. The perfect escape could be to let out his desires on someone who seems like Chidori, but he rejects this and his other escape (that bottle of scotch). So basically this episode was about him accepting his feelings and, umm, not straying to the dark side...
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 4, 2011 10:21 PM

Oct 2008
Confucius said:

Lol.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 21, 2011 2:02 AM

Dec 2010
Confucius said:

Capable of having a nice conversation too haha.
Apr 20, 2011 10:22 AM

Jul 2009
So Sousuke was an assassin even at 7 years old. Wow.
May 3, 2011 12:25 AM

Feb 2009
Well I think this episode had its purpose, although it was poorly executed. That's not saying much though, since every single episode so far has been very, very good. I can only expect good things for the last 2 episodes since there's quite a lot to be warped up, and I hope it'll be nicely done.
Nov 17, 2011 2:32 PM

Feb 2010
Confucius said:

I LOL'd.

It was funny, because as soon as he grabbed the scotch I was like... "Ooooohhhh... he's gettin' all naughty. What's next... hookers? haha"

::enter Chidori-ho::

"Well damn."
Nov 27, 2011 9:32 AM

Jul 2009
Sousuke's man like myself, we can't understand alkoholics. No offence if you are one.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 24, 2012 6:35 PM
Mar 2012
Geez, when did FMP become Silent Hill 2? At least, hooker-Chidori reminds me a LOT of Maria from that game.

Good episode. VERY dark. Although I want to know what has become of Chidori since last time, I appreciated this introspective look at Sosuke. Although I have to wonder if hooker-Chidori is even real or just a figment of Sosuke's tortured mind. She certainly acts a lot like Chidori. However, she seems to represent a Chidori who has given in to complete and utter despair.

Not terribly fun, but 4/5 stars nonetheless. This show is so much deeper than season one.
Oct 11, 2012 1:16 AM

Sep 2011
Man I wonder how all this is going to wrap up. Coming close to the end. :(
Feb 26, 2013 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
I feel like I'm in the minority saying this, but this episode pissed me off. Really, it started in the last episode, but I lost respect for Souske when he abandoned his duties and couldn't do his job. Watching him mope around without any regard for his safety was rather pathetic. I know he's only 17, but I find it hard to believe that someone who has seen as much war as he has could be so recklessly self-indulgent at a time like that. And all over a girl. It's too bad to, because I thought the season started off great and I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but since I was never a fan of Kaname (she's too quick-tempered and selfish for my taste) losing respect for Souske kinda plummets my interest in the show. I'm not sure it can come back from that in two episodes, but we'll see.
Apr 14, 2013 3:04 PM

Jan 2013
sanguinaire said:
I feel like I'm in the minority saying this, but this episode pissed me off. Really, it started in the last episode, but I lost respect for Souske when he abandoned his duties and couldn't do his job. Watching him mope around without any regard for his safety was rather pathetic. I know he's only 17, but I find it hard to believe that someone who has seen as much war as he has could be so recklessly self-indulgent at a time like that. And all over a girl. It's too bad to, because I thought the season started off great and I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but since I was never a fan of Kaname (she's too quick-tempered and selfish for my taste) losing respect for Souske kinda plummets my interest in the show. I'm not sure it can come back from that in two episodes, but we'll see.

Well, I personally like it when a character is pushed to his emotional limit. If the choices he makes, even when they're wrong, are understandable, it's fine by me. Even if he is making the wrong choices, I think there are more than enough reasons to justify why he is acting depressed.

Anyways, great episode. For a second there I thought it was Chidori.
5/5
Jul 17, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2010
Why is the scotch orange?
Aug 9, 2013 8:21 AM

Dec 2009
sanguinaire said:

I completely agree with this. Exactly what I was thinking, to the point where it kind of freaked me out lol
Dec 29, 2013 9:21 AM

May 2012
This was rather a depressing episode and man that prostitute sure looked like Chidori...
Aug 31, 2014 9:20 PM
Oct 2013
Really this time they hit the spot.
Aug 22, 2015 12:30 AM

Jun 2013
As expected when the action is lacking or Sosuke stop being a badass, it is instantly disliked. I personally appreciate and love FMP so far for taking the time to highlight Sousuke's mental state. Not only it gives depth, but also he's developing as a character. It proves he's still human being, he learns to accept Chidori's feelings in this case and I do hope he won't be as thick headed as before. What not to like?
Oct 7, 2015 10:54 PM

Apr 2013
What a waste of liquor.
Mar 2, 2016 6:15 AM

Apr 2011
Seabury said:
Jikkir said:

The Chidori clone sort of represents a perversion of his desires, if that makes any sense. Sorry if my explanation doesn't really help, but the point is that Sousuke is feeling very confused about himself, and kinda vulnerable too, so he doesn't know how to deal with his feelings. The perfect escape could be to let out his desires on someone who seems like Chidori, but he rejects this and his other escape (that bottle of scotch). So basically this episode was about him accepting his feelings and, umm, not straying to the dark side...

I think it was a pretty original way to go about it too, let's if this effects how Sousuke behaves around Kaname in the future. :x (hopefully it does.)
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Dec 6, 2016 6:50 PM
Jun 2013
so not only does this guy jerk it to kittens he likes dead bodies. what the hell was that a kaname clone? She sure did seem like a nice hooker though. Feel kinda bad for her though im confused on why she was angry. I mean he just wanted to talk and she got paid and didint need to have sex. Though I guess you can say it made her feel more shitty that a man didint want to have sex with her. sousuke should of told her a bit more.
souledge94Dec 6, 2016 6:54 PM
Dec 6, 2016 11:44 PM

Jan 2012
Another slower episode. The timing for these feels weird or off. Not even Kaname's Chinese Prostitute Doppelganger could snap Sousuke out of his funk. Well lucky he found that random newspaper I guess. ;D
Jan 21, 2017 7:58 AM

Aug 2014
am I missing something or can everyone just HAPPEN to speak japanese lmfao???
Xtina is my mother!
Jun 14, 2017 7:00 AM

Oct 2012
Everyone in this anime is really fluent at Japanese, you don't even need Konyaku from Doraemon xD

Another Chidori eh?
She seems a "もったいない" character, could be an important character.. But I guess she's just an extra
Everything she said is a bit true "In this world, it's the ones who take life seriously who end up looking the fools"
"Signature removed"
Jan 31, 2018 12:50 AM
Mar 2017
If I were not a bitch, it would be much better than Chidori's scream
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Mar 25, 2018 8:03 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Zell182 said:
So Sousuke was an assassin even at 7 years old. Wow.

That was already foreshadowed with S1, nothing new there.

Last 2 episodes been more slow, but I liking the development for my boy Sousoke, it is believable, there is no way to avoid it, since he was always a person that didnt show his emotions too much, that saved everything from himself, that blame Arbalest and himself, a failure... there is only so much one can take till it breaks, and that happened last episode.

Seems like he getting himself on the right track again, after that older Kana fake whore (WTF).
Gotta give him props for resisting those charms, since she was really looking like an older Kaname right there.
Mar 31, 2018 6:15 PM

Sep 2016
Confucius said:
lmao that gave me a chuckle.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 23, 2020 2:40 PM

Dec 2014
damn sousuke...is really growing as a character...hmmm
Apr 2, 2020 6:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She could have AIDS or something like that but I was triggered when he stopped her XD it was a great occasion
Jun 10, 2021 6:22 PM

Nov 2010
The way that Chidori lookalike imagined Sousuke as a cleaning man on a mission who skipped out on work made me laugh as well. lol
Feb 5, 2023 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
The Kaname lookalike feels utterly pointless, to be honest. And the fact she literally acts exactly like Kaname just makes it all the more bizarre. May as well just have it be Kaname at that point, or just have this all be a random dream sequence. Or, to put this all another way, I don't think this prostitute needs to be a Kaname clone to propel Sousuke's character arc at this point: you could have any random prostitute have the same conversation with Sousuke to the same effect, rather than using one that looks, sounds and acts like an already-established character.
Dec 30, 2023 6:08 PM

Sep 2014
Dont understand why everyone here hates the adult Kaname lookalike, she was great.

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

58 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:13 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Feb 12, 2008

67 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 29, 2023 7:47 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

42 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 5 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

39 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 26, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 1 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

46 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 24, 2023 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.