MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Higashi no Eden - Movie I: The King of Eden Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Higashi no Eden Movie I: The King of Eden »» Higashi no Eden - Movie I: The King of Eden Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
View Poll Results: Higashi no Eden - Movie I: The King of Eden Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

88 34.24%
4 out of 5: Liked it

94 36.58%
3 out of 5: It was OK

62 24.12%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

7 2.72%
1 out of 5: Hated it

6 2.33%
Voters: 257

07-28-10, 1:10 PM

I felt the movie could have been structured better, as pacing was an issue and the climax really didn't leave me on edge like it probably should have done, but the movie was okay. Loved the reference to The Man Who Stole the Sun.
Like Japanese films? Swing by the Cinema of Japan club! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

08-16-10, 1:28 PM

This wasn't really bad, I just got more confused ._. still it was a good movie and the animation is just awesome. Gief movie 2 nao for teh conclusion or will there be 3 movies O_o? But we'll see. 5/5 for this btw. pz

08-29-10, 4:09 PM

I didn't get what was up with the trucks... XD

08-30-10, 6:42 PM

Ahohime said:
I didn't get what was up with the trucks... XD

i think were carrying juiz support for each person

09-11-10, 2:10 AM

Saki was so kawaii

09-19-10, 4:56 PM

Oosran said:
Jigero said:
Aokaado said:
DeathHormone said:
I really enjoyed it, yeah it was slow paced but i didn't mind it, just wish the 2nd film was out! The trailer part confused me, perhaps the trailers carry some sort of cargo that has some connection to juiz, although to me, it looked like the trailers were carrying more missiles(but that wouldn't make sense?)
agreed, and yea, wtf was all that?
Those were Juiz, they where mobile servers, each holding a Juiz for each Selecao, he tried to blow up everyone's Juiz, but his own, there for the other Selecao can't do shit and effectively cutting the head off the snake. It looks like the only people left with a Juiz is No.1 and No.09.

The reason Juiz seems different was because there was only 1 Juiz before, but they moved Juiz into different mobile servers for each Selecao, so those separate Juiz must have tailored them selves to each Selecao.
And going by that, haha tough luck being No. 6, having his own Juiz bail out on him xD

Jhahaha that was a great LMFAO

Wow I didn´t understood all that thing about the Juiz´s thanks for that

10-01-10, 12:35 AM

It was okay.. everything was boring not until the 40 minute mark onwards after that it was a bit confusing

*So you need to erase your memories just to survive death? (Supporter)
*What was those trailer truck for? after being destroyed the Selecao became inactive but alive
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

12-26-10, 12:14 PM

OK, I can't wait to see the end now.. I hope we will then know who the supporter is or was? (and who's number 12?)
I also wonder why number 1 knows the minister all of a sudden, nasty little fella, that number 1..

01-07-11, 10:47 AM

I pretty much figured out that Juiz was different some how from the series favouring other players and treating others like dirt. From there I was lost....

02-21-11, 5:24 PM

Yukushi said:
What was with her last request moving the third truck to the front? Didn't get the point in that. Sorry if I'm a bit slow

if u remember, juiz was a huge computer thing in the anime, at the end, they had to get a "wireless" version of juiz and each truck was for each selecio.
in my opinion, the truck that was targeted was at akira's "juiz", thus, the girl knowing this, had her juiz become the sacrifice.

anyway, that was an interesting movie, it wasnt that great, but there was a lot of stuff happening, though there was hardly any development between saki and akira, or atleast their back to where they started now. like everyone has said before, they basicly put everything in place for the next movie, we know that akira look-a-like is alive but it seems he wants to get revenge without the help of juiz. the guy with the hat, the docter, and the girl are alive but eliminated.
the other guy with the glasses seems to want to win through casulties, and our hero still wants to be king but is in a pinch with his PM's son's side. i wonder how the wife will act when they meet, somthing tells me she might secretly involved with this, but we'll find out.

03-10-11, 3:54 PM

The movie was nice, but I still don't understand why Akira wanted/needed to get his memory erased again.

04-01-11, 12:50 AM

Was a movie really necessary? This would have done fine in an OVA or something. It just...wasn't exciting or as good as the tv series for me. Most of this movie is just setup, so I'm having high hopes the next movie will be awesome. 8/10

04-23-11, 1:05 PM

Son, I am dissapoint.
Very much so.
It wasn´t interesting at all, unlike the series.
Furthermore, only the last 10-20 minutes really added something to the story.
Ooh and the opening was horrid.
Even the jokes weren't really funny.
But at least this movie has laid the foundation of my Juiz hatedom.
And it is a pretty good build/up to the second movie, I guess.
So a 6.

06-10-11, 11:51 AM

Just thought I'd add my review of the movie to the discussion:
Review: Eden of the East - The King of Eden
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

08-18-11, 1:40 PM

Not much happened, just build-up. It was still nice to see the characters again. I hope the time they took to set everything up from this movie makes the next one epic!

09-23-11, 5:17 AM

Felt like a episode not a movie, but uuhh I'll have to watch the TV series again i can't remember HALF the things that happened in it >.< sigh..
Well it was a OK i guess, i'll have to re-watch the series and movie again then give a proper rating, nice build up at the end for the next movie ^^

11-28-11, 12:03 AM

Meh, it was alright. I can't say the same thing about the ending song though... because it was amazing!!! *downloads* :D

12-11-11, 12:27 AM

I actually really enjoyed it 9/10.

I'll agree it was a little slow in parts, but everything was interesting, and the story progressed smoothly.

It was awesome that Eden of East became so big, all because of Takizawa's involvement.
It was exactly what he was trying to do...

The ending was superb, and set the final movie up perfectly.

I can't wait to see the epic showdown between Takizawa and Mononobe, gonna be the chizz!!

Urahara Out!!

04-27-12, 1:18 AM

Not that great compared to the series. That's not to say it was bad either, but it didn't really answer many questions, and it seemed to move really slow compared to the series. Saki was incredibly stupid for most the movie, I don't know what Akira sees in her, aside from the fact that she's cute. At times it feels like it's trying to be Death Note, with the memory erasing, the attempts and interesting twists, even the way Number 1 talks. Of course it's not as good though.

06-22-12, 4:30 PM

Well it was nice to see some more of Eden. Maybe it wasn't as good as the series, but it still was an enjoyable watch. Looking forward to next movie.

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices