Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 28, 2010 1:10 PM

Jul 2008
I felt the movie could have been structured better, as pacing was an issue and the climax really didn't leave me on edge like it probably should have done, but the movie was okay. Loved the reference to The Man Who Stole the Sun.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Aug 16, 2010 1:28 PM
Nov 2009
This wasn't really bad, I just got more confused ._. still it was a good movie and the animation is just awesome. Gief movie 2 nao for teh conclusion or will there be 3 movies O_o? But we'll see. 5/5 for this btw. pz
Aug 29, 2010 4:09 PM

Feb 2009
I didn't get what was up with the trucks... XD
Aug 30, 2010 6:42 PM

Feb 2009
Ahohime said:
I didn't get what was up with the trucks... XD

i think were carrying juiz support for each person
Sep 11, 2010 2:10 AM

Dec 2008
Saki was so kawaii
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2010 4:56 PM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
Jigero said:
Aokaado said:
DeathHormone said:
I really enjoyed it, yeah it was slow paced but i didn't mind it, just wish the 2nd film was out! The trailer part confused me, perhaps the trailers carry some sort of cargo that has some connection to juiz, although to me, it looked like the trailers were carrying more missiles(but that wouldn't make sense?)
agreed, and yea, wtf was all that?
Those were Juiz, they where mobile servers, each holding a Juiz for each Selecao, he tried to blow up everyone's Juiz, but his own, there for the other Selecao can't do shit and effectively cutting the head off the snake. It looks like the only people left with a Juiz is No.1 and No.09.

The reason Juiz seems different was because there was only 1 Juiz before, but they moved Juiz into different mobile servers for each Selecao, so those separate Juiz must have tailored them selves to each Selecao.
And going by that, haha tough luck being No. 6, having his own Juiz bail out on him xD

Jhahaha that was a great LMFAO

Wow I didn´t understood all that thing about the Juiz´s thanks for that
Oct 1, 2010 12:35 AM

Jun 2009
It was okay.. everything was boring not until the 40 minute mark onwards after that it was a bit confusing

*So you need to erase your memories just to survive death? (Supporter)
*What was those trailer truck for? after being destroyed the Selecao became inactive but alive
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 26, 2010 12:14 PM

Feb 2009
OK, I can't wait to see the end now.. I hope we will then know who the supporter is or was? (and who's number 12?)
I also wonder why number 1 knows the minister all of a sudden, nasty little fella, that number 1..
Jan 7, 2011 10:47 AM

Aug 2010
I pretty much figured out that Juiz was different some how from the series favouring other players and treating others like dirt. From there I was lost....
Feb 21, 2011 5:24 PM

Jul 2010
Yukushi said:
What was with her last request moving the third truck to the front? Didn't get the point in that. Sorry if I'm a bit slow

if u remember, juiz was a huge computer thing in the anime, at the end, they had to get a "wireless" version of juiz and each truck was for each selecio.
in my opinion, the truck that was targeted was at akira's "juiz", thus, the girl knowing this, had her juiz become the sacrifice.

anyway, that was an interesting movie, it wasnt that great, but there was a lot of stuff happening, though there was hardly any development between saki and akira, or atleast their back to where they started now. like everyone has said before, they basicly put everything in place for the next movie, we know that akira look-a-like is alive but it seems he wants to get revenge without the help of juiz. the guy with the hat, the docter, and the girl are alive but eliminated.
the other guy with the glasses seems to want to win through casulties, and our hero still wants to be king but is in a pinch with his PM's son's side. i wonder how the wife will act when they meet, somthing tells me she might secretly involved with this, but we'll find out.

Mar 10, 2011 3:54 PM

Apr 2008
The movie was nice, but I still don't understand why Akira wanted/needed to get his memory erased again.
Apr 1, 2011 12:50 AM

Oct 2009
Was a movie really necessary? This would have done fine in an OVA or something. It just...wasn't exciting or as good as the tv series for me. Most of this movie is just setup, so I'm having high hopes the next movie will be awesome. 8/10
Apr 23, 2011 1:05 PM

Oct 2009
Son, I am dissapoint.
Very much so.
It wasn´t interesting at all, unlike the series.
Furthermore, only the last 10-20 minutes really added something to the story.
Ooh and the opening was horrid.
Even the jokes weren't really funny.
But at least this movie has laid the foundation of my Juiz hatedom.
And it is a pretty good build/up to the second movie, I guess.
So a 6.
Jun 10, 2011 11:51 AM

Sep 2010
Just thought I'd add my review of the movie to the discussion:
Review: Eden of the East - The King of Eden
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker
Aug 18, 2011 1:40 PM

Jan 2008
Not much happened, just build-up. It was still nice to see the characters again. I hope the time they took to set everything up from this movie makes the next one epic!
Sep 23, 2011 5:17 AM

Oct 2009
Felt like a episode not a movie, but uuhh I'll have to watch the TV series again i can't remember HALF the things that happened in it >.< sigh..
Well it was a OK i guess, i'll have to re-watch the series and movie again then give a proper rating, nice build up at the end for the next movie ^^
Nov 28, 2011 12:03 AM

Sep 2011
Meh, it was alright. I can't say the same thing about the ending song though... because it was amazing!!! *downloads* :D
Dec 11, 2011 12:27 AM

Mar 2009
I actually really enjoyed it 9/10.

I'll agree it was a little slow in parts, but everything was interesting, and the story progressed smoothly.

It was awesome that Eden of East became so big, all because of Takizawa's involvement.
It was exactly what he was trying to do...

The ending was superb, and set the final movie up perfectly.

I can't wait to see the epic showdown between Takizawa and Mononobe, gonna be the chizz!!

Urahara Out!!
Apr 27, 2012 1:18 AM
Nov 2011
Not that great compared to the series. That's not to say it was bad either, but it didn't really answer many questions, and it seemed to move really slow compared to the series. Saki was incredibly stupid for most the movie, I don't know what Akira sees in her, aside from the fact that she's cute. At times it feels like it's trying to be Death Note, with the memory erasing, the attempts and interesting twists, even the way Number 1 talks. Of course it's not as good though.
Jun 22, 2012 4:30 PM

Jan 2012
Well it was nice to see some more of Eden. Maybe it wasn't as good as the series, but it still was an enjoyable watch. Looking forward to next movie.

Jul 16, 2012 4:34 PM

Jul 2009
awesome stuff :D

i was actually surprised it ended quickly, i didn't know this was spread across 2 movies.

i really enjoy alot of moments here like Saki's time with Takizawa in the theater, and him spending all day in the merry go round :D

and i like Saki's hair tied back, she looks cute!!!!! >____<

man they reveal alot of Selaco in this movie.

it's a shame it's ending sooner, i still wished they did a 24 episode in season 1 then make the two movies.

i feel they could have expanded the character background as well as screen time with other members of the eden of the east.

still amazing show as always, the animation is superb and the music is lovely :D

9/10

can't wait for the finale!!!!!!
Oct 7, 2012 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
I don't know why I'm so biased to this anime. XD I love shows that have this mystery/action aspect along with a city setting. :P Plus I love the characters in Higashi no Eden.

I adore the OST for this movie and the OP/ED music. I liked the romantic moments. I liked the Selaco parts too.

9/10
Dec 19, 2012 1:31 PM

May 2012
Quite nice sequel to where the series stopped. As I thought he removed his memories again, and well the journey to find him back was quite nice, I do wonder what's up next so lets find out in the second movie!
Mar 6, 2013 11:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Grimmm said:

Seeing "The Catcher in the Rye" mentioned was a plus. :P I love that book. xD It was one of the rare books I actually read in school. =/

And this is why I love Production IG. I think it's nice that they often allude to things, for anyone who had read The Catcher in the Rye, they would also see the connection of the carousel and the book. It's really interesting. Production IG also made lots more allusions in Psycho Pass as well. Leaves more room for thoughts.

That aside, I loved the movie! In the last 10 minutes of the movie, I decided to check how many minutes was left, and I was shocked! I didn't think the movie would end so quickly! It had my attention the whole way through. I also liked how Juiz seems to have more personality , especially her interaction with No.6. She was definitely snarky XD Seems like Juiz also really likes Akira. She sounded disappointed when Akira said he wanted to cancel his request. And wow, Kuroha. At first I really didn't like her, but she actually sacrificed her cart. Then again, if she's out of the game, I would think that actually makes her safe from elimination. Which reminds me, I also don't understand how Ryou is still alive just by destroying his phone. Hm. Next movie, here I come!

Oh yeah I totally forgot...that part when Kuroha leaves Akira and Saki was done beautifully. Her black scarf flowing in the wind = the black wings in that illusion from that one episode. I'm not good with symbolism, but I think it shows that Kuroha is like a guardian of Akira (kind of...a dark guardian? o_O)
tingyMar 7, 2013 12:20 AM
Apr 3, 2013 4:09 PM

Oct 2012
tingy said:
Oh yeah I totally forgot...that part when Kuroha leaves Akira and Saki was done beautifully. Her black scarf flowing in the wind = the black wings in that illusion from that one episode. I'm not good with symbolism, but I think it shows that Kuroha is like a guardian of Akira (kind of...a dark guardian? o_O)

Precisely my thoughts, definitely best scene of the movie.
And I think he only made her rethink her doing. No more Johnny's cuts after this. She knew her winning was not an option so she changed her XI truck with IX's place and removed herself from the game.

And with XII removed my presumption is No. 1 is Supporter or Mr.Outside. I really can't wait to see the end :)
Apr 5, 2013 4:20 PM

Nov 2011
DAT misunderstanding lol in the beginning with the gun.

Looks like 6 months has passed by huh? Wow, time flies fast. Nice to see Saki and Akira together again for a bit. I lol'd @ the people thinking of what those might do at the apartment hahaha

Akira's home really reminds me of this building I saw on television a few years though. Maybe it's just me or something. Overall movie was okay I guess, wasn't as exciting as I originally had hoped..

6.5/10.
May 27, 2013 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
They must really like the catcher in the rye, i had seen some refences of this in GITS, and Psycho-Pass. I read it school and find it a bit overrated
Aug 2, 2013 1:59 AM

Sep 2008
It seems my opinion about this movie will be strongly affected by the fact that I watched the series not long ago.
To start with, the film had the tendency of slowing down the pace. Somehow it felt as if it was a Special episode, or three of them considering the length, because the events were not as interesting or thrilling as they should be, to take the descriptions and the series.
Another drawback: I still can't seem to understand the scheme. The organization has way too much power and it allows for the practically impossible in no time. Are there plot-holes or is it just the wrong balance of the in-series time?
Other than that, I quite enjoying watching the film. It follows the series and there are no unnecessary explanations about events from it. A proper sequel, aimed for the audience who've seen the series.
I rated it the same as the series, as I feel it the right continuation. I need to confirm my opinion on the whole thing with the second movie, though.
utsukuruAug 2, 2013 2:16 AM
Aug 13, 2013 12:52 PM
May 2012
The misunderstanding scene is funny so whenever she goes to America she always loses something her hair this time is also cute.

It didn't feel like a movie to me but it was good a lot of things are explained I'm glad that Kuroha is helping Akira and I hope the whole story is going to be resolved in the second movie and I can't wait to watch it but I gotta sleep :/

Will watch it later ;)
Aug 21, 2013 2:39 AM

Feb 2012
HOLY SHIT. Speechless. Dat Animation. Dat Character design. Dat Character Development. Dat Plot. Damn It. If i could only shout it out. I barely had any hated characters. THIS IS A CONCRETE EXAMPLE OF AN experimental show turned into a phenomenal distinct masterpiece.

DAMN IT. One Movie and I'll Cry it out in tears that i only witnessed this on a short duration.

I will never forget this series. Production I.G = I give my hands up to you for making an anime an enjoyable ride.

TV Series = 9/10
Movie 1 = 9/10
Move 2 = To be watched.
Sep 9, 2013 7:47 PM

Jun 2012
Well done movie. The saki x Akira moments were awesome. I want another kissu!! The action picked up nicely at the end. The hype is real.

9/10
Nov 12, 2013 2:59 PM

Sep 2011
This really felt like 2-3 stretched out episodes. It was good, but just like in the series nothing really happened.
Saki and Akira's chemistry is good again, but not nearly as great as it was in the series. I'm really sad he had to wipe his memory.

I do wonder what those trucks actually were. Computers storing maybe a personal Juiz (a supercomputer) and with it access to the Selecao "account"? It was pretty stupid though. Did they really think that those huge numbers on them wouldn't give away what it could be?
I guess this was what No.XII meant by moving Juiz, but wasn't No.XII the supporter?
Also what stops No.I from launching another one to Akari's truck?

I'm gonna give this movie a 7/10 just like the series. It wasn't bad, but it didn't really differ from the series. Like I said, it was pretty much a few longer episodes. It didn't move the story murch further.
I hope though that the 2nd movie will give us a good closure...
RazielZeroNov 12, 2013 3:03 PM
Dec 26, 2013 10:46 AM

Jul 2012
Why did Takizawa erase his memories? It would have been alright to just continue without erasing them. And how come they can destroy their mobile phones without being killed?

Seemed like a prologue for the next film, and it wasn't all that exciting. Although the movie was good, I enjoyed the series much more.

I hope that the next movie will be even better than the series.

7/10
Feb 14, 2014 8:55 PM

Aug 2013
I think that in the overall it was a good movie, but with too much unnecessary thing. For exemple, the cameraman, he was so useless and adding nothing to the plot. Also, was it really necessary to bring back Yukki? If he's alive, the Defenser thing was pretty much bullshit. Same for Huira, I found his sacrifice kinda touching, but now it pretty much destroy the meaning behind it...

Why did so much people lost their Selecao status? I didn't understood that part with the truck. Was the truck carrying different Juiz? How did N°1 find out?

The beginning part with the guns in the bag was funny.

I think that Takizawa regained his memory a bit too fast. I mean, 4h laters, he's back to his ancien identity.

I think that the crazy lady good turn was interresting and well done (even if her escape from the first season was so weird...).

I also didn't understood why they shutted down their EOTE server. Was it because they were too much monitored?

Anyway, I must say that I'm kinda deceived, but that I'll stay optimistic and hope that the last movie make it for it.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 17, 2014 2:26 AM

Jan 2014

A nice story, but not developed enough.
Makes you feel empty, confused because
of so so much pretty unnecessary things
mentioned. I know the political part is quite
important in the whole story, but I'll just say
it should've been less about that and more
about actions the characters did. I like slow
stories but this one's just a bit too slow for
my taste. I just really hope the next movie
will make it all seem worth the watching and
finally do sth of giant importance for the plot.
Mar 24, 2014 12:46 AM

Sep 2013
A decent movie that explained allot.
May 1, 2014 12:25 AM

Nov 2013
So 11 sacrificed herself for 9 by moving her "Tanker truck" in front of his in the line, right?

But won't 9 just be killed next due to his truck being next in line??

Jun 14, 2014 11:20 AM
Jul 2011
MrSideliner said:
So 11 sacrificed herself for 9 by moving her "Tanker truck" in front of his in the line, right?

Good point. I guess there's thata bit of time bought for him.
Jun 20, 2014 3:06 AM

Jun 2014
Bz said:
MrSideliner said:

This shit makes me wanna drop the last movie. The series was "okay" with some holes but the movie really destroyed it. Holy shit. I'd give the movie 2/10 as a sequel.
Jun 23, 2014 2:26 AM

Nov 2013
beld78 said:
Bz said:

This shit makes me wanna drop the last movie. The series was "okay" with some holes but the movie really destroyed it. Holy shit. I'd give the movie 2/10 as a sequel.

Do it, major disappointment, mate :(

Jun 23, 2014 2:11 PM

Jun 2014
Alright, thanks. Was thinking about watching it tonight, this clears it out :)
Jul 26, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2014
I like the poster for the movie. Looks great.

can't wait for the next one. 7/10
Recommend me an anime
Aug 1, 2014 4:43 AM

Sep 2013
OK movie. Its kinda like the episode 12-14. 8/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 9, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2014
Not bad! Watched it via English dub and I haven't a single complaint -- tried the Japanese sub and listening to the awkward conversation in American English and Japanese Engrish was painful not due to pronunciation but to unnatural phrasing.

The worst bits were Idiot Filmmaker #6, the episodic-like end, and OH NO, GIRL WITH GUNS at the start. The latter was super painful 'cause gun ownership is not illegal in the US??? Why are people immediately freaking out and jumping to conclusions?

Anyways, besides that, this movie worked like a three episode arc, and a fine one at that. 8/10
Oct 14, 2014 8:42 AM
Jan 2012
a very surprise the eden is desactived in this movie.
Nov 2, 2014 4:35 AM

Jul 2009
He lost his memory again, at least they were able to met and he believed Saki.
no.6 made some odd requests LOL
no. 1 is really doing all he can to win and eliminate the others.
It was pretty good, I just wish (like in the anime season) that there was more romance...
7/10
Dec 29, 2014 5:10 AM

Jan 2012
op was ok but the anime op was better

he erased memories again .dude wtf the doctor still a live .number one finally on move
good movie 6,5/10 (not too much action this time)

Mar 14, 2015 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
Was an alright movie, didnt live up to the show (which was amazing) imo.
7/10
Jul 28, 2015 12:56 PM

Aug 2014
Explained a lot and gives new questions (but I am scared few of them won't be answered?) Nice!

Who the hell are those black suits at merry-go-round who attack them together with this crazy number 6?

Why Kuroha (11) didn't tell Juiz to move truck number 10 to front? 10 is already out of game so why she sacrifice herself. It is not like she couldn't request that.

I am ok with Juiz able to change Takizawa past in internet, but how can she delete other selcao doings from reports in selcao phones? That is cheating, or is it that she only deletes it from Eden data and it still can be seen in Selcao phones? If not then will we get to know who Takizawa really was before all this started?

It is strange but also nice to see Juiz be more emotional to all Selcao.

I am disappointed that Pantsu got tricked by Juiz and number 1(?).

I don't get that number 2 Tsuji motives...

I liked the idea that selcao who lose don't die like number 5 professor. This trick with wife killing number 4 cop earlier has even stronger effect now in movie.

Lol at the part where Akira talks in Japanese to American taxi driver.. wtf is that? They can't understand each other but they do understand? That part is stupid still full part with taxi driver is funny.

hmm what else? I liked all those funny moments in movie.
off to the last movie :)
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Memory

DrakensbergMist - May 1, 2014

1 by xytech »»
Jul 16, 2014 9:51 AM

» detail summary eden of the east

arsh231 - Mar 29, 2010

4 by DrakensbergMist »»
May 1, 2014 12:21 AM

» What is "Vintage"?

SKDoesMAL - May 18, 2010

5 by 5layer »»
Jan 14, 2011 3:12 AM

» LEAH?

Waw - Apr 22, 2010

2 by XzaR »»
Apr 27, 2010 12:03 PM

» When will this movie be subbed? ( 1 2 )

MoeNekoDrill - Dec 6, 2009

64 by rodrigohmu »»
Apr 6, 2010 7:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.