Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2015 5:22 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I have seen so many official and unofficial representations of what happens after third impact, but I really like Sadamoto's. Not only does it set up an amazing opportunity for a good spin off manga, but it captures how much Shinji has changed in these 14 volumes. He is still the same Shinji we know and love and hate, but he now has a confidence he did not have before. He is still an aloof and aimless character, but that hasn't prevented him from having friends. I have great respect in Sadamoto in being able to have Shinji grow in a way the anime did not do without compromising the character.
Mar 3, 2015 7:24 AM

Aug 2012
I think manga done better than anime in every aspect.
Aug 12, 2015 6:54 AM

Oct 2008
One of the best stories ever created. Who knows how many years will have to pass before i see something like this. The complexity of Evangelion is simply amazing.
Feb 10, 2016 6:43 AM

Aug 2008
db84x said:

Same here. I also prefer the manga version.

It finally end.I actually read Eva manga first before I watch the anime(yes, I know anime come out first before the manga) but because of the slow release, I decided to watch the anime and movies that I actually forgotten about this manga. Now I reread it again after all these years, it's worth it because the manga have better ending. I was hoping we get to see Ayanami but I think she's gone or dead.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 24, 2016 4:51 PM

May 2012
db84x said:

What exactly does the manga do better?
Mar 25, 2016 8:55 AM

Aug 2012
arilando said:
db84x said:

the story is better than anime
Mar 26, 2016 6:40 AM

May 2012
db84x said:
arilando said:

The story is virtually the same, except for the ending, and the fewer angels in the manga.
Oct 23, 2017 1:36 PM

Nov 2016
This was touching and I far prefer this ending to End of Evas ending. I'll give this manga a 9 which was the same score that I gave the anime.
Dec 28, 2017 9:18 PM
Jul 2016
The last chappter was great. They could have added to the movie and showed us his character end
Feb 21, 2018 9:03 PM

Aug 2016
NGE manga as a whole was a better experience than the anime series and EoE. Word
:v
May 27, 2018 7:56 AM

Aug 2012
Zapredon said:
db84x said:

Same here. I also prefer the manga version.

It finally end.I actually read Eva manga first before I watch the anime(yes, I know anime come out first before the manga) but because of the slow release, I decided to watch the anime and movies that I actually forgotten about this manga. Now I reread it again after all these years, it's worth it because the manga have better ending. I was hoping we get to see Ayanami but I think she's gone or dead.

Yeah I curious about Rei after reset, too bad it not disclosed in the ending
Jan 24, 2019 10:47 PM
Nov 2018
Sadamoto managed to ruin the anime story that was great.
Feb 7, 2019 8:30 AM
Nov 2018
arilando said:
db84x said:

The story is virtually the same, except for the ending, and the fewer angels in the manga.

just answered your own question there frendo. The anime goes way too deep. It's a series you have to go back to just confirm somethings and a lot dont see it as a happy ending even tho it is in a way. It's a literal 2deep4you anime like Sakarei and Bucarano.
Feb 19, 2019 10:56 AM

Aug 2018
I personally prefer the EoE / anime ending, but this one was enjoyable as hell, due to the fact that we can finally see Shinji enjoying what his normal life would be and will be in the future.

The anime is great, and I think that is better, but I love the manga too.
Mar 30, 2019 4:01 PM
Feb 2019
1CodeWarrior1 said:
The last chappter was great. They could have added to the movie and showed us his character end

There are two different endings.
As in the anime Gankutsuou gave a different development of the book of Alexandre Dumas

Mangá and anime as gankutusou and the book of Alexandre Dumas sharing a same story, but development and different endings

the end of the manga does not fit the anime. Shinji or Asuka after the istrumentality loses the memory and the world does not reign as in the manga, people have the option to return, but the world will have to be rebuilt, but the memory will not have been lost. Asuka and shinji would remember each other, given the emotional connection in the anime, that they would not go away.
Jun 12, 2019 11:24 AM

Jul 2016
Beautiful ending. Asuka finally returns. I prefer manga to the series, but not sure about EoE though. I want coward Shinji, not happy Shinji.
Aug 18, 2021 1:18 AM
Sep 2017
Perfect conclusion. 9/10

Shinji completely grown up. Honestly, I preferred this version over the anime & EoE.
Love the AsuShin moment at the end tho.

Overall, this manga was highly entertaining.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2022 10:07 PM

Feb 2021
I prefer Anno's ending much more over this, but this still fit thematically well I guess. One more chapter
Feb 3, 2023 2:38 AM

Jun 2020
I definitely need to rewatch the anime and EoE now. I felt like the manga felt far more digestible and more blatantly hopeful, which was something I liked. Definitely worth the read and a fun journey to undergo.

It feels a little weird I finished pretty much all the mainline Evangelion stuff. I guess I can start touching on more of the side stuff haha.
Have a great day!

Jan 1, 6:55 AM
Dec 2020
I think this may be one of the best stories ever written

Out of all the evangelion endings i think this may be the second best near 3.0 + 1.0's ending
Jan 2, 2:53 PM
May 2022
i kinda like that the manga made post-instrumentality into a kind of reset instead of the "you still have your memories, but the planet is irrevocably fucked". much more hopeful. shinji and asuka's subtle differences were really cool to see. you can tell they're still the same people, but they've managed to grow and change, even if it's just a little. i'm an avowed sucker for happy endings, so i'm definitely biased, but this easily clears the anime (and especially EoE)

More topics from this board

» Who is the real creator of Evangelion? Yoshiyuki Sadamoto or hideaki anno?

Taiyaa - Mar 18

7 by Pundarikaksh »»
Apr 11, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Chapter 95.5 (Last Stage) Discussion

VioLink - Jun 2, 2013

48 by theAce_ »»
Feb 7, 6:09 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Chapter 3 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Nov 15, 2012

8 by psyche-K »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Chapter 12 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Nov 18, 2012

9 by Brun33 »»
Oct 8, 2023 5:57 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Chapter 66 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Sep 29, 2013

10 by Hornifeu »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.