Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 15, 2015 9:30 AM

Jul 2012
I would have enjoyed some romantic Kominato x Murao scene at the end since now they're together. They were pretty much the only reason I kept reading this, but Kominato's sister was cute and I'm glad she was interested in Kikuchi.

Main couples in shoujo are always so cringe worthy but Futaba and Kou are funny together.
Mar 25, 2015 4:38 PM
Jul 2013
Well.... The only thing I have to say is:

PLEASE DON'T END YET I'M NOT READY FOR THIS!! T.T
;-; :C
Mar 26, 2015 11:42 PM

Feb 2014
Wait! What?! Just reading the posts here and it's over?

Wow that did not feel like an ending at all - it was sweet how it ended with how it started but what D: no!!

I want more Kou and Futaba
Mar 28, 2015 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
Was wondering what was taking so long on the next chapter, wouldn't have guessed that it just... ended. D: mangakas playing with my heartstrings again, why u do dis!? Admittedly, after looking back, it does sort of have that ending feel, but with an abundance of great moments to boot. Won't comment too much on the characters and such as I feel they were all cute, fun, cheerful, and fully developed, but I'll keep my commentary strictly on my thoughts for his last chapter.

A lot of people started complaining about this, and I agree, it did begin feeling a little dragged on at points especially after Kou and Futaba got together. It's not just this manga in particular, but the entire genre of shojo as a whole. A vast majority just don't know what to do and throw the story out the window after the main characters get paired together. Still doesn't mean I'm glad it ended so soon, although I will say that the mangaka is respectable for deciding to do it when she did, seemingly in attempts to not risk making the story stagnant.

All minor complaints and nit-picks aside, really great ending and story in general. Big kudos for all the feels up until this point haha. Glad that everything ended up okay, and all the loose ends were adequately tied. Albeit, I wish Touma had a little bit more screen time, but maybe he'll get his own extra chapter later. Anyway, my final thoughts: Really connected with the story and hoping for more great things from Io, whether that be more material on Aoharaido or new projects. This story has really been there for me when times were tough in my life, If I was feeling down I could always look forward to and smile after reading a chapter, and just wanted to give a final thanks!
Apr 2, 2015 4:08 PM

May 2009
Where's chapter 50????

Or was the extra that came out much earlier, included in this '50'???
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Apr 3, 2015 11:10 AM

Sep 2008
Kundalini said:
Where's chapter 50????

AHR have 49 chapters and there is few specials :)
Chapter 49 aka PAGE.49 is final chapter for series :)
Apr 14, 2015 8:05 PM
Jan 2015
specials when
Apr 18, 2015 12:54 AM

Sep 2013
Yea when are specials coming out?
Apr 29, 2015 1:31 PM

May 2009
LittleStar said:
Kundalini said:
Where's chapter 50????

AHR have 49 chapters and there is few specials :)
Chapter 49 aka PAGE.49 is final chapter for series :)

T_T

yea... i realised it... . >_<

oh, btw, if you guys are following Ore Monogatari!! Then you guys should TOTALLY read Ore Ride!!

;'))))))))))))))))))))))
Dat Kou!!! XD
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
May 6, 2015 2:00 PM
May 2015
Wait im so confused, the last chapter 49 that im seeing everything shows some shonen romance with super powers and such? mangareader has this for example and im confused, where can i read the REAL last chapter? Every site i go to its the same thing? Wheres teh ao haru ride last chapter?
May 11, 2015 12:06 PM

Jan 2014
It's pouring all of a sudden, huh? :')
This was really sweet :) I liked it <3
May 12, 2015 2:53 PM
Aug 2014
Wait so it really is only 49 chapters? I thought I had read somewhere that it would be ending on 50 chapters :/
All this time I've just been waiting for nothing xD
Dang, well that kind of sucks but it's fine I guess I really love this manga, hoping the anime gets a second season.
May 27, 2015 4:34 PM
Apr 2015
The story, characters, morality and the nostalgic way of ending was very special and great. I read in this forum about the special chapters and I am wondering when they will come out if anyone knows about that.
Jul 15, 2015 6:27 AM

Apr 2015
First time I read a manga after watching the anime, meh such feels ... Really love this story, the end is so cute <3. Kou x Futaba forever <3. 10/10.
My candies :
Jul 24, 2015 3:44 PM

Jan 2012
Really cute, and simple! I liked reading Ao Haru Ride, alot! It was a very interesting shoujo manga, and there was A LOT of character developement. Glad to see all is resolved, as well. :-)
teen drinking is very, very bad.
Aug 1, 2015 9:16 PM
Apr 2015
I wish it would of kept going.
She could of talked and went into young love. Dating, firsts of all kinds.
all that good stuff. I seriously fell in love with Kou. I'm so sad to see him go. I've already read this and saw the anime. It still crushes me that there will be no more Kou or Futaba. This really made my heart pound. It had a perfect beginning and the end was rushed... I wish she would of showed more date, and development of Kou and Futaba's dating life. I want to see them make love, and all that lovey stuff.<3
Aug 4, 2015 3:57 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome read, I enjoyed it a lot.
For me the 1st half would be even more than 10/10, it went somehow down with the love triangle, cliche stuff and too much focus on Futaba x Kikuchi ( which annoyed me a bit, cos I didn't like him) , still 9/10
Kou is a great character, maybe my favourite among all the shoujos/romances I've read.
Tbh the love relationships of the side characters didn't interest me that much.
Ending was alright, we all knew it'd happen eventually.

I wish there was more^ I'd like to see them several later at least, but oh well.
eisanAug 4, 2015 4:28 PM
Sep 22, 2015 7:26 AM

Sep 2015
What a ride. Thank you Ao haru ride for making me feel so much emotion from this, Kou x Futaba forever, although i wished that I could rate it more than 10/10.
Sep 28, 2015 1:08 AM

Jan 2011
this manga was perfect but its only 49 chaps +2 special so this manga isnt over or make it completed ? i need some info thanks
Sep 28, 2015 10:49 AM

Sep 2008
kst said:
this manga was perfect but its only 49 chaps +2 special so this manga isnt over or make it completed ? i need some info thanks

Yes, manga is finished chapter 49 is final chapter.
There are 2 special chapter "unwritten" and side story about YuuichixShuuko.

Other two chapters are oneshots: "Sono Omokage wo Shitteru" and "Strobe Edge Tokubetsu-hen"

If somebody want more "Ao Haru Ride" then...
There are 3 special chapters called "awaken", but right now only first chapter have english scanlation,
but you can find scans and translations for chapter 2 and 3.
There is also short, really short story from special booklet and special collaboration one-shot called "Ore Ride!!"
Nov 3, 2015 3:13 AM
Nov 2015
i hope creator make a 2 episode about wedding and have a child!! >_< I HOPE IT!!
Dec 6, 2015 4:09 AM
Dec 2015
Omg fuckin love the ending .....and omg is touma actually dating kominato's sister xD i dont even know until i saw someone wrote about it ....wish it had a season2.....😍😙😘😌LOVED IT
Dec 25, 2015 9:11 PM
Dec 2015
Through all this I thought I'm gonna die.It was the scariest emotional roller coaster ever. It was pretty obvious that they will end up together, but still, I was really worried when she was with Touma. I love this, it's one of the best shujo manga that I've read.
Dec 30, 2015 9:55 PM

Jan 2015
YESSSSSS that ending was amazing.
Jan 22, 2016 3:22 AM

Dec 2009
What a ride.. Love this manga <3
Apr 11, 2016 10:54 AM

Feb 2015
That was cute! I would have liked a time skip, but still this was really enjoyable. I might be one of the only people that like Touma, but I'm glad she ended up with Kou.
Jul 9, 2016 12:14 AM

Feb 2013
Oh no, is this the end? This story stole my heart. What a ride.
Aug 22, 2016 7:59 AM

Aug 2016
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM SO SAD ITS OVER :(((((((((((((((((((((( good ending tho, and at least i've got the specials..! for anyone reading this, please feel free to recommend me a good romance anime / manga similar to this one :) <3 <3 <3
Oct 15, 2016 1:41 AM
Oct 2016
help us to have a season 2 ao haru ride

-otaku fan
Dec 7, 2016 11:16 AM
Dec 2016
I think I am the only one who will say this, but I wish futaba ended up with touma. I cried when they broke up. Touma is the sweetest and understanding person in this manga. But the ending was good. But I am a touma futaba fan XD

BTW this is the 1st manga I ever read, love it. <3
Dec 27, 2016 10:47 AM
Dec 2014
Cloudy08 said:
I think I am the only one who will say this, but I wish futaba ended up with touma. I cried when they broke up. Touma is the sweetest and understanding person in this manga. But the ending was good. But I am a touma futaba fan XD

BTW this is the 1st manga I ever read, love it. <3

TBH it seems a decent amount of people liked Touma... I liked both of them in their own ways. This is also the first manga I read :) I started reading it where the anime left off, and I'm happy I did because I don't think it's likely they'll be coming back for a second season
Feb 1, 2017 9:54 PM

Dec 2009
I felt so well connected to all of the characters that I didn't end up pacing myself with this manga and now it all seems to have gone too fast. I loved all the drama, the fallouts, the misunderstandings, the tests of strength of character. Yoshioka especially stuck with me because she really was an amazing character who really held her convictions despite what it meant for her.

I wish there was a little more development for Murao and Kominato's relationship as it came to a close, but I'm happy they got together. Also felt a bit like Makita wasn't really there towards the end either. The ending was all a little too content for me, it would have been nice if it was a little less cutesy and more in line with how everyone was throughout.
Feb 3, 2017 9:26 AM
Jan 2017
GOD WHY DID IT END T______________T i feel so empty after being this much attached to it T________T i really wanna cry T_____T Kou I AM TOO MUCH IN LOVE WITH U >_________________<
i love the ending but somehow i feel like i want more and more and more of this manga *^* still cant believe how it ended T________________T i wanted more chapters of kou and futoba !___! i wanted to see their happiness of being together more *^* cuz it really made me cry and get mad in some chapters.. especially in those chapters where they started getting away from each other *^*
At many nights.. i imagined myself as futoba *^* this is how much i loved it T___________T
Great end but i am a little disappointed bc i wished and expected something bigger than that *^* though i like them being again together but as a real couple in the same place where their love first started *^* i have still much to say about this manga but cant find more words to express my feelings*^*
Feb 5, 2017 10:11 AM
Feb 2017
Starting of the anime was very good,I would tell a strong plot and unique story of first love but in the middle of the anime I got so frustrated with the distance between kou and futaba and on the other hand futaba was trying to forget kou by coming closer to kinnuchi ,I really hate those moments where kinnuchi kissed futaba and I liked the scene on the stairs where kou told futaba about narumi and his serious talk and after knowing the truth futaba couldn't bring herself to be girlfriend of kinnuchi .I like the ending in that temple ,the place where there love had started
Mar 7, 2017 5:09 PM
Feb 2015
This was one really good manga, the Anime brought me, the manga was just as good, but the tunes that played in the anime was ringing all throughout the time I was reading this manga, and man, do I love this love story, the depth and meaning of breaking away from sorrow, growing as a person, being there for the one from the bottom of your heart... It was truly a beautiful journey
Aug 11, 2017 10:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, I just thoroughly loved this manga from start to finish. What a heartwarming, sweet and fulfilling ending this was though!
Kou and Futaba once again ending up in the same place as their first memorable encounter but this time with a little warm and lovely environment among the couple. Perfect finale!
To be honest, though, the phase where Futaba and Kikuchi were together as a couple kind of ruined the whole thing for me for it became a touch too typical and bland for my taste. Nonetheless, I believe that they way that relationship was put to a halt and Kou regaining himself back made up for it quite well.
As for the other Characters: it's saddening to see Tanaka have to go away for pursuing his studies, great to see Murao and Kominato relationship building up steadily, wonderful to see Makita and her boyfriend lovey-dovey as always and Kikuchi moving on. Although I would have preferred some more information on these side characters, it was still excellent nonetheless.
Easy 5/5 for this Chapter and a definite 8.2/10 to the manga series.
_MushiRock11_Aug 25, 2017 12:16 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 4, 2018 11:54 AM

Jun 2013
Not even a good ending could save this overrated shit. Full of unnecessary drama, misunderstandings, eavesdroppings, love triangles fuck almost the entire cast were in a love triangle, NTR-ish, shitty characters, I could go on.. Yup I will never read this author's other works.
Jan 18, 2018 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
I couldn't leave this topic seeing the last reply and first of the year of 2018 was a hate one.

I enjoyed this manga too much, still buying all the originals slowly (long way to go since I only have 3 so far...). I'm honest, I watched the anime first and then came to keep up with the manga because I was not happy knowing they would never make a 2nd season. Was the first time I read a manga. T o t a l l y n o r e g r e t s . I simply loved it & wish for more to come ~ 10/10.
~ "We can be us, just for one day"
Mar 5, 2018 6:58 AM
Mar 2018
Genci said:
The story, characters, morality and the nostalgic way of ending was very special and great. I read in this forum about the special chapters and I am wondering when they will come out if anyone knows about that.
Just wondering🧐🧐does my ship sail ( kou x futaba) cuz I don’t wanna be depressed when it doesn’t😒😒
May 18, 2018 12:04 AM

Nov 2017
I know I'm being biased but I really stopped caring after touma got dumped, and somehow I can't bring myself to like the characters again 6/10
Nov 2, 2018 10:45 PM

Oct 2013
Haven't really read that many shoujo manga to compare but I thought this was a bit of a letdown. I really like the anime and genuinely enjoyed reading the rest of the manga but maybe I was just expecting a lot more.

Towards the last few chapters, I got flashbacks from Fuuka when Kou was involved in the accident but thank goodness the mangaka isn't crazy or stupid enough to let it go the tragedy route.

Jan 30, 2019 10:26 PM

Jun 2015
Very cliche and predictable but enjoyed it anyways.
:)
Jul 19, 2019 12:15 AM
Aug 2016
Man, it’s been a few years since I read this series and I forgot half these scenes happened. So it was like reading it for the first time, even though I knew how it would end. Watching her and Touma date while Kou... was just kind of there, was gut-wrenching.
All of this could have been avoided if Kou was more honest and told her about his feelings... but that wouldn’t have made Ao Haru Ride the manga it is.
In all honesty the manga leaves something to be desired but it holds a special place in my heart, probably for the nostalgia I feel when reading it, and I felt so anxious the entire time Touma and Futaba dated because girllll..... ugh. I couldn’t stop reading until I got the ending I deserved, and I left feeling satisfied.
I wonder if Tanaka (older brother, not Kou!) ends up with anyone. I’d like to think so.
I also wonder who that guy in one of the side chapters is, with the younger Kinoshita. Maybe Touma? But with that black hair, probably not.
I hope everyone ended up happy.
I’m repeating myself so I’ll stop myself here, lol.
Aug 5, 2019 7:01 PM

Mar 2018
Sinnamons said:
I also wonder who that guy in one of the side chapters is, with the younger Kinoshita. Maybe Touma? But with that black hair, probably not.

They are characters from the earlier work of the author.Check out the Strobe Edge if you are interested.

-

Strong start, bad development, kinda mediocre ending(there was no need to sugarcoat Murao situation imo)I wish manga could stay with the first 15 chapters line and make the story more about Futaba helping Kou with putting together his life.She was such a powerful character and Kou was intriguing.

Going for cliche shoujo tropes was the big mistake.Story became forced/dragged, everyone started to act out of character etc. So much potential got wasted.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Jan 8, 2020 12:50 PM
Apr 2019
I didn't read the manga. I read from the ending. The ending is predictable. I liked honestly where they left off from the anime. It was good where it was. They could have ended it with Futaba and Kou finally going to the festival, and Kou changing his name back to Tanaka and that would have ended the story!

The anime was really good. It's hard to enjoy even 12 episodes of an anime.

Wow she got with that rando guy from the library, who should have frankly stayed where he should be.

Glad I didn't read the rest of the manga. It's just like what happened to Inuyasha - it went on foreverrr...
Jan 8, 2020 12:54 PM
Apr 2019
Well the anime was enough. I found the romance enjoyable, but it was all the other stuff - Kou and Futuba forming a strong enough friendship/bond before the romance happened, the moments of friendship where the gang had to help Kou. I am glad it wasn't only about romance this anime.

It's a way better version of Orange.

All it needed was Kou changing his name back to Tanaka. The last 2-3 chapters, minus the forgettable valentine's day chapter, were alright.
Feb 1, 2020 6:17 PM
Feb 2020
I can believe it's ended. I feel like crying so much for some reason.
Apr 4, 2020 12:49 AM
Nov 2015
[quote=Laid-back message=58122453]
Sinnamons said:

-

Strong start, bad development, kinda mediocre ending(there was no need to sugarcoat Murao situation imo)I wish manga could stay with the first 15 chapters line and make the story more about Futaba helping Kou with putting together his life.She was such a powerful character and Kou was intriguing.

Going for cliche shoujo tropes was the big mistake.Story became forced/dragged, everyone started to act out of character etc. So much potential got wasted.

WoW i agree, i thought this would be a lovely Story on how a girl transform the traumatic kid unable to let his heart open to Anyone into the old nice nice kid he was before the trauma. That they would find love in each other cuz of the anime you know but noooo, i got the drama of the century, kou was so dump 3/4 of this manga not speaking his feeling and even letting a kid (a nice one btw) be between them. This manga could be something different but end being anoteh cliché after cliche
May 1, 2020 5:07 AM

Apr 2016
It’s not that the series was that bad but it wasn't that good either. I think the biggest problem was Futaba, I did not like her from the start, she was pretty annoying. On the other side, Kou was a very interesting character, I did like how his character developed through the series, so I’d want a better female character on his side for this story, but it wasn’t so, unfortunately. Moreover, I don’t get why the author decided to write the chapters with Touma, I believe it was a pretty bad way to let Futaba understand her “unconditionate love” for Kou. I thought this series would be better, I think Kou is the only reason I give it a 7 instead of 6.
HectorBlazeAug 10, 2020 10:59 AM
Dec 12, 2020 2:29 PM
Dec 2020
The ending was rushed. You don't have the feeling of ending as it ended so abruptly. The thing I like of this manga is the the way of describing a scenario . I love this couple as they really do not need any kind of push like other romance manga. The side characters were a bit out of scenario sometimes. But Kou Futaba expressed themselves beautifully which is why they have become my favourite couple. I like that they were mature enough to express themselves unlike other romance manga. It really need a second season.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2013

73 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.