Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 8, 2015 5:45 PM
Dec 2014
Hello! I am interested in making a visual novel however I do not possess drawing skills of any sort. I can use Ren'Py, and, if need be, can write scripts and perhaps even make music. While this is the case, I would prefer if someone else could be in charge of those fields respectively. I am not sold on an idea yet, so anyone interested in participating can suggest ideas. I hope to find a few dedicated souls out there interested in making something beautiful!
Feb 8, 2015 6:50 PM

Oct 2013
The most important aspect of a visual novel is, like any other novel, the writing itself. A poorly written visual novel will fail, regardless of the visuals or music. Those features are instead built upon the foundation of a very good script.

It's pointless trying to start a team when the foundation doesn't even exist. The technical and artistic tasks of a visual novel cannot effectively commence, until at least a first complete draft of the entire script is available.
Feb 8, 2015 7:42 PM
Dec 2014
Hello! I realize that without what you mentioned, there is no base, yet I feel that for this project, I would like each of the contributors to have something to say about what they are making. I have worked with others on such projects, but, while I was eager and able to contribute, the other members were far to busy and did not have significant interest in making said game. Before I write a script, I first want to make sure there are dedicated people who would actually be able and willing to commit hours upon hours of their free-time. As I said, if need be, I can write a script and build a story. I have taken college writing classes and passed with near perfect marks. I appreciate the response, I just wanted to let you know the reasoning behind my request.
DigDogFeb 8, 2015 8:48 PM
Feb 11, 2015 10:14 AM

May 2014
I cant draw either but if you need someone to write something up I don't mind giving a hand. If you want to see my skills I can write up a story and send it to you.
I've only seen a few visual novels but I think a comedic space drama would be cool or if we want to be more common then maybe a highschool shonen. I wont give you any fully fleshed idea since I dont know what you want.
I've been here way too long...
Feb 11, 2015 4:36 PM

Dec 2014
TheConquerer said:
I cant draw either but if you need someone to write something up I don't mind giving a hand. If you want to see my skills I can write up a story and send it to you.
I've only seen a few visual novels but I think a comedic space drama would be cool or if we want to be more common then maybe a highschool shonen. I wont give you any fully fleshed idea since I dont know what you want.

I'd like to contribute for writing as well.

I'm particularly fond of dialogue and trying to build character so I can help with that.
Feb 11, 2015 8:39 PM

Nov 2009
You're better off getting a solid idea first. That or find people with similar interests and they may become your co-writers. It's understandable that you want to find people who can commit to the project, but also know that those with the skills aren't prepared to commit to something whose writer hasn't even prepared the most basic of basics, or putting faith in somebody they've never met in their life on the Internet.

deviantART                                    YouTube  
Feb 12, 2015 10:05 PM
Mar 2013
Your best bet is the Ren'Py forums. I'm currently working on my own project(s) and it is a lot of work. Besides a few talented musicians who have given up their time to work on OST for me, I am doing everything myself. Having said all that, it's also full of excitement and fun.

As the one proposing the project you have to have a clear idea on what you want to do and the role you are willing to take on because script writing is only a small aspect of the process. You need to have good writing before anything else. Even art. Great writing can save bad/mediocre art. Also trust is very important, believe me. No one wants to work on a half-hearted project. You should try to look for a team once your completely sure of yourself, your goal and your willingness to work on the project. It shouldn't be a fling.

Though I've said all that, if this is something you really really wish to do. I wish you the sincerest of luck from one creator to another. Support is something that all creators need.
asdfghjk14789632Feb 12, 2015 10:13 PM
Feb 28, 2015 2:24 PM
Dec 2014
Thank you all for your replies! Work has started on the project and the demo is almost done. When we start the game in earnest, I will contact those who have expressed interest in writing. When the time comes, a sample of your abilities would be appreciated. Again, thank you all for the responses!

More topics from this board

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
4 hours ago

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Yesterday

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.