Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 5, 2015 10:55 AM
Aug 2011
iLostReason said:
Please tell me you don't mean Aria-shachou.I mean, he's so freaken cute, i didn't think anyone could even dislike him.

yes that one :(
Feb 5, 2015 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
parfaited said:
iLostReason said:
Please tell me you don't mean Aria-shachou.I mean, he's so freaken cute, i didn't think anyone could even dislike him.

Ah that's a shame D: Since you mentioned that you've seen Aria few years ago tho, i think you should really try it again from the start, and maybe this time you will find him less annoying and more funny? If not, then try to treat him as a mascot character like some do, just don't take him seriously, and focus on main story of girls, because i think it's worth it.Also, as an Alice fan, i agree with Koybz.
Feb 5, 2015 11:09 AM
Oct 2012
It looks like it will be some sort of OVA since it is tied to the 10th anniversary of the first season.

My guess is that it will either be "Neo Venice 10 years later" which shows what has happened since the show ended or a travelogue "welcome to Neo Venice" which shows the city immediately after the show ended - so the characters will not be the focus, but the city will be (though I am sure they will appear at various points in the travelogue.
Feb 5, 2015 11:15 AM

Aug 2008
It should definitely take place after Origination, none of the girls are wearing gloves in the teaser image.

Imperial_Thunder said:
Bout time for that rewatch i've been putting off.

About time for my eighth lol
Feb 5, 2015 11:32 AM

May 2012
lol, looks like its finally time for me to make time to watch this series
Feb 5, 2015 11:45 AM

Oct 2011
iLostReason said:
parfaited said:

Ah that's a shame D: Since you mentioned that you've seen Aria few years ago tho, i think you should really try it again from the start, and maybe this time you will find him less annoying and more funny? If not, then try to treat him as a mascot character like some do, just don't take him seriously, and focus on main story of girls, because i think it's worth it.Also, as an Alice fan, i agree with Koybz.
well President is irritating as hell - even if I love Aria. still it's Junichi Sato and his thing with cute but slightly weird animals (Tamayura also had episode with that pink cat-whatever).

But than he is easier to bear than Aika for me.
Feb 5, 2015 12:08 PM

Jun 2010
Dalek-baka said:
xbobx said:
Something that might interest others Kozue Amano fans:
There was also a tiny post on Mag Garden's website about an Amanchu! announcement to come out today (Feb, 5th). It's still visible on some of the screenshots, like the ones on fc2.
Really? if they would do anime that would be glorious and also made some sense with all Aria celebrations.
in such case I would love to have same staff as Aria, they know how to do this kind of series (or it's rather hard to find someone more capable of doing those).

Still nothing so far, but don't leave the hype train yet.
It would make perfectly sense indeed. Besides, Amanchu! is pretty good animu-material. It got nice characters, plot, environment... Let's just hope!
Make sure to check Aria/Mag Garden pages for any possible update in the following minutes, hours, days:
http://comic-blade.jp/amanchu/index.html (suddenly down for some unknown reason. Hmmmmm)
https://twitter.com/ARIATheAVVENIRE
Feb 5, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2013
"Aria the Future." Seems like it's going to be more about Ai! I'm excited. Though I do feel so attached to Akari as the MC that I can't help but hope that the new anime won't be a whole TV series, but rather a movie or something...
Feb 5, 2015 12:28 PM

Aug 2011
omg

Do want, <3
Feb 5, 2015 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
Racaholic said:
It should definitely take place after Origination, none of the girls are wearing gloves in the teaser image.
Good catch. I didn't think to look at their hands.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 5, 2015 12:58 PM

Sep 2009
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Feb 5, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2010
Dalek-baka said:
iLostReason said:
well President is irritating as hell - even if I love Aria. still it's Junichi Sato and his thing with cute but slightly weird animals (Tamayura also had episode with that pink cat-whatever).

But than he is easier to bear than Aika for me.
I see, i guess it was just me alone thinking that it's impossible to hate Aria-shachou lel.I have to agree on Aika tho, she was the most unbearable to watch from all of the girls for me as well.I don't really hate on her, but some of her moments still make me cringe when i try to remember them.That's why i hope Avvenire will focus more on Alice, Akari and other girls leaving Aika as some second-plan-main character, although it's pretty much impossible D:

but yeah, HYPE GONDOLA TORIMASUU~
Feb 5, 2015 1:20 PM

Mar 2012
I also despise Aria-shachou. He was tolerable in the manga, but his noises in the anime are really irritating. I'm an Aika fan though. I loved watching her grow throughout Origination; her immaturities and tsundere-isms never bothered me. Plus Aiki and Al are adorable.

"KINSHI, KIIIINSHHIIIII~"
LoneWolf said:
Feb 5, 2015 1:35 PM

Jan 2012
Wasn't its manga completely adapted?
Feb 5, 2015 1:45 PM

Feb 2012
For me, it doesn't matter if it's an original entry in the Aria series by Sato, I think he did really good on Tamayura.

And I really hope that we will see a Amanchu anime. I started to read the manga for it. Pikari and Dotty are really cute and funny, though I could do with Hikari being a bit more like Akari.
The ocean looked great in Amanchu, and I love when Amano do her special chibi style.
"There are few wars between good and evil: most are between one good and another good."
- Yang Weng-li - Legend of the Galactic Heroes

"Lots of things change with the flow of time. But there are things that never change. Things that are precious because they change, and things that are precious because they don’t change… Both are precious. Don’t you feel the same?"
- Mizunashi Akari - Aria the Animation
Feb 5, 2015 1:48 PM

Nov 2013
neonstripedzebra said:
Wasn't its manga completely adapted?

Nope. From the top of my head, I can remember 3 chapters that weren't adapted: Vogare Longa, Bonfire, and Epiphany. There are also some chapters that were only partially adapted.
Feb 5, 2015 2:51 PM

Mar 2008
Today is a glorious day.

Feb 5, 2015 3:49 PM
Oct 2010
Embarrased sheriffs are kinky.

Anyway, I don't see how this will work, after the amazing ending of origination. The anime concluded the story of the manga (with many changes, of course) and Amano moved on to Amanchu (in a manner of speaking - it ported a lot of characters from Aria, seemingly unable to control her attachment to that series - and understandably so). So presumably it is going to be anime original content? There was nothing wrong with the anime original content in the main series, but in the series there was a manga base to work with. Will Amano work be involved in the production?
Feb 5, 2015 3:54 PM

Mar 2012
Me after hearing the good news:

Feb 5, 2015 3:59 PM

Oct 2012
Good thing I have the DVD for 2 of the current 3 seasons of Aria. I need to get started asap!
Feb 5, 2015 4:16 PM
Nov 2008
oh boy
Feb 5, 2015 4:16 PM

Sep 2013
Gonna catching up the series then.
Feb 5, 2015 4:32 PM

Aug 2013
Xiaraith said:

It's the best Slice of Life anime series, and not as popular as I wished it would be, because most people are rather indulging in random ecchi action.

It reminds me with a certain SoL anime with some ecchi on it, and it's not good enough.

Trivia: ufotable was involved in Aria since the Animation.

Crossadder said:
And I really hope that we will see a Amanchu anime. I started to read the manga for it. Pikari and Dotty are really cute and funny, though I could do with Hikari being a bit more like Akari.

They're our lights after all.

-Tien- said:

Nope. From the top of my head, I can remember 3 chapters that weren't adapted: Vogare Longa, Bonfire, and Epiphany. There are also some chapters that were only partially adapted.

Including Marriage of The Sea and final meeting with Cait Sith (he gives Akari an aquamarine necklace, which was foreshadowing her nickname).

I'm always ready for more Erino-san.
ernietheracefanFeb 5, 2015 4:43 PM
Feb 5, 2015 5:22 PM

Apr 2011
When the Origination and the Manga ended the series was close. But I was hoping and waiting that it'll be back someday, and when the announcement arrive, it was like the best day of my life!

Aria is a series on a different level. It kinda gives you inner peace. The slow pace maybe boring to others, but it helps me slowdown in this fast pace of life and let you slowly absorb the series, eventually helping you calm down and relax.

I'm hoping they'll animate whats left of the manga and at the same time continue from the story of Origination. I think there's so many wonderful mysteries of Neo Venezia yet to discover and what wonderful way to see it from the eyes of young apprentice name Ai.

SatoJun's Tamayura was really good that was anime original, so I think there's nothing to worry about its done the same, I believe in him.
Feb 5, 2015 5:48 PM

Jan 2009
Words cannot express my emotions right now.
Feb 5, 2015 8:06 PM

Nov 2007
The Magic Sequence: the Animation >> the Natural >> the OVA: Arietta >> the Origination

I hope you find tranquility :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 5, 2015 11:02 PM

Sep 2013
Time to start watching Aria, I guess...
Feb 5, 2015 11:04 PM

Sep 2013
Wintovisky said:
Time to start watching Aria, I guess...

Remember to never rush through Aria, and only watch 2 episodes maximum per day (:
Feb 5, 2015 11:12 PM

Oct 2012
Best news definitely... Neo Venezia i'm coming back...

Feb 5, 2015 11:43 PM

Aug 2012
I'm really excited to hear this.
Feb 6, 2015 1:57 AM

Jun 2009
holyshitholyshitholyshit

I mean it's probably just a one episode special/OVA but that's still awesome. Too sad they'll have to find a new seiyuu for Athena.

Just finished my third rewatch about a month ago, so I'm ready for this.
grandy_UiDFeb 6, 2015 2:06 AM
Feb 6, 2015 3:20 AM

Apr 2012
Yes!!! :D
Feb 6, 2015 3:46 AM

Oct 2011
Magito said:
SatoJun's Tamayura was really good that was anime original, so I think there's nothing to worry about its done the same, I believe in him.
Not to mention Reiko Yoshida will be working on it too - together they did not only Aria and Tamayura but also Kaleido Star. I believe in this team.

as for starting point - I do remember some kind of special chapter with Ai arriving on Aqua. They could go from this point. even if it's OVA it might work, after all my favorite part of franchise is Arietta and they did a lot there with very little time.
Feb 6, 2015 3:52 AM
Feb 2012
I'm glad for all those Aria fans that clearly are out there but personally I don't get what's so great about this franchise. Iirc, I've seen the first three or four episodes but I couldn't get into it.

What's so appealing about it to you guys? Does it get better later on? Or is it simply not my type of show after all...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 6, 2015 4:17 AM

Apr 2008
I aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady.

So ready for more.

What's so appealing about it to you guys? Does it get better later on? Or is it simply not my type of show after all...

I can't say it gets much different, though I liked each sequal better than the previous one. The charming point is, everything is positive for a change. There is some sad parts alright, but other than that, there is nothing "dark" _whatsoever_. Mix the sheer positive with their universe's setting and it's plain beautiful and soothing to watch.

And if still everything fails, Aria Sachou!
Feb 6, 2015 4:20 AM

Jan 2008
Aria is prolly like the most relax anime ever hehe i just wonder if Amanchu! will get anime since it from the same author
Feb 6, 2015 4:36 AM

Jun 2010
Rachmaninow said:

Aria is like relaxing with a good glass of whine in the evening. Something to shed all the stress accumulated throughout the day. It is not a show to watch for story. There is no conflict or drama. And certainly it is not something meant to be marathoned.

Just one episode at a time whenever you need something to calm yourself down - maybe in the evening before going to bed - watch an episode of Aria and feel refreshed again. ^^
Feb 6, 2015 7:48 AM

Mar 2012
This is from the latest Amanchu chapter. I don't think it says anything new, but it's nice nonetheless.

Looks like we're not getting an Amanchu related announcement.
LoneWolf said:
Feb 6, 2015 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
Baller status incoming.
Feb 6, 2015 9:22 AM

Nov 2010
ImmahJosh said:

that's shame, i was looking forward to hear from this.

well, maybe after the new season or OVA of Aria.
Feb 6, 2015 9:25 AM

Jan 2015
Great news, the Aria series was a pleasant watch...finally something calm among all the harem being released this season
Feb 6, 2015 10:04 AM

May 2012
Rachmaninow said:
I'm glad for all those Aria fans that clearly are out there but personally I don't get what's so great about this franchise. Iirc, I've seen the first three or four episodes but I couldn't get into it.

Imo, Aria is one of those anime that can be watched and enjoyed a lot, if you fall into (or mostly fall into) the following criteria:
1. Have a favour to the slice of life (SoL) genre in anime.
2. Love anything that makes you relaxed, calm and soothing to the soul.
3. Like positive and light-hearted atmosphere, not with 90-95% dark atmosphere which can make you feel depressed.
4. You are not an extreme action junkie, i.e. you don't just watch and prefer action type anime.
5. You can be flexible with different anime types and still enjoy them. Such as one likes an anime that can be less in story but is still great in other perspectives (character developments, atmosphere, the deep meaning behind something in a dialogue or activities...etc.)
6. You won't be looking for typical school type humour or romance like in many (more like overly done perhaps?) school comedy and/or romance SoL anime.
7. You need to be fully in the mood for a SoL anime.

I think I could list more but I think these seven is what I would say for those who think they can handle Aria. This series is one of those that doesn't have much story, but it explores other things, like how one can think anything positive, as well as having deep meanings in certain cases, which is hard to describe in words (also due to me not remembering them since it's been 2 years since I finished the whole thing), and also, Aria is a utopian series, which means it shows how a world is like when everything is perfect and there is no dark moments at all - A total escapism. It's a really good anime to watch if you grow tired of depressing action or thrillers, or even ecchi or romance anime. This anime is one of the unique SoL anime out there.
Feb 6, 2015 11:09 AM

Jun 2010
hgeronimo said:
ImmahJosh said:

that's shame, i was looking forward to hear from this.

well, maybe after the new season or OVA of Aria.

A shame indeed. I was hyping it with everything I had.

Maybe the "announcement" was in fact the Aria announcement and they just placed it on Amanchu!'s manga because the fanbase is likely the same.
Feb 6, 2015 11:32 AM

Nov 2010
Rachmaninow said:

Do you ever have "that" kind of day when the only thing filling your heart is dark, negative feeling?

Watch some ARIA and it most likely will heal that darkness in few episodes. ARIA's Mars is some kind of utopia, the place when everyone are retiring from technology and decide to live the life with pure mindset, and ARIA's protagonist (Akari) is the main proxy which channeling the beauty of the planet (The people and the soul of the planet itself) to everyone around her, including us. She's literally the expert of finding hapiness anywhere she is.

I was skeptical at first, but at one point the magic will just kick in and that negativity will just gone. The magic wilk not works for everyone, but when it works ARIA will be perfect for night watch before sleep.

P.S One of the reason why ppl recommending against marathoning ARIA is because having positivity when you're already positive is quite redundant, something like taking medicine when you're already healthy.
Feb 6, 2015 12:11 PM

Apr 2014
To think they would release something Aria related again after all these years is really unexpected. I think we will probably get either an OVA or a short movie but that is fine by me. It will be so nice to see Neo-Venezia again, I missed it so much.
Feb 6, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2012
It's habbening.
Tutturu ~
Feb 6, 2015 9:20 PM

Sep 2013
;w; now I have motivation to watch the rest of the series. I'll eagerly look forward to the upcoming season
Feb 6, 2015 9:54 PM
Jan 2013
After so many years....

Feb 6, 2015 10:52 PM
Jul 2018
The Pinnacle of Anime ...
Feb 7, 2015 5:11 AM

Aug 2013
AOTS.

Hey maybe they'll also consider releasing an Aria collection in BD format.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.