Forum Settings
Forums

can you forgive bad animation/art for good writing?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 5, 2015 8:15 AM

Jun 2013
There's nothing wrong with the animation.
Feb 5, 2015 8:16 AM

Jul 2014
tsudecimo said:
chuuzenjis said:

that looks like the animation in that one pein/naruto fight in shippuuden lmfao

pls it was never that bad there

and at least the animation was fluid as fuck

you sure?

WAD1992 said:
chuuzenjis said:

[b]that looks like the animation in that one pein/naruto fight in shippuuden lmfao
[/b]

OMG!!! YES!!! LWAL
WTF was that about ?? does any one know??
Seriously they screwed up one of the best fight scenes in naruto!!!

no idea. i'm still angry about that. i mean i was so excited for that fight. wtf was up with that omgosh

Impala said:
chuuzenjis said:
that looks like the animation in that one pein/naruto fight in shippuuden lmfao

It looks like a dick with hands.

you sound traumatized
AversaFeb 5, 2015 11:50 AM
Feb 5, 2015 8:17 AM

Jul 2014
ok let me rephrase that. i can forgive bad animation if the story is good as long as it isn't the pein/naruto fight.
Feb 5, 2015 8:19 AM

Dec 2012
Impala said:

It was really choppy, with very low frame count at times.

chuuzenjis said:
as long as it isn't the pein/naruto fight.

shit taste detected ;)
Feb 5, 2015 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
Go watch Ping Pong.

tsudecimo said:
Impala said:

chuuzenjis said:

shit taste detected ;)

Didn't notice it. I'm using SVP to make it 60fps
Feb 5, 2015 8:21 AM

Jul 2014
tsudecimo said:

chuuzenjis said:

shit taste detected ;)

you say that but you have the tatami galaxy in your favorites ;)
Feb 5, 2015 8:22 AM

Dec 2012

Is that from thee final episode? I never watched it.

chuuzenjis said:
tsudecimo said:

shit taste detected ;)

pls

Tatami art and animation direction is beautiful. Only Yuusa work that isn't ugly.

;)
Feb 5, 2015 8:22 AM

Oct 2012
chuuzenjis said:
Except the Tatami Galaxy is one of the best works to grace the medium :|
Feb 5, 2015 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
Feaor said:
chuuzenjis said:

debatable.
Feb 5, 2015 8:23 AM

Dec 2012
Feaor said:
chuuzenjis said:

We are talking about art/animation mate.

And I doubt that statement holds much weight..even if I have it in my favorites..
Feb 5, 2015 8:24 AM

Mar 2014
Impala said:
Go watch Ping Pong.

tsudecimo said:

shit taste detected ;)

This looks terrible.
Feb 5, 2015 8:25 AM

Jun 2011
chuuzenjis said:
tsudecimo said:

shit taste detected ;)

besides considering your previous comment seems like you are actually a fan of naruto in general..... tsuderecimo a lot of ppl didn't like the animation, was a lil weird, especially for such a big fight and the fact its naruto
Feb 5, 2015 8:26 AM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
Feaor said:

We are talking about art/animation mate.

And I doubt that statement holds much weight..even if I have it in my favorites..
Well it certainly doesn't look bad, it has some of my favorite character designs ever.
Feb 5, 2015 8:26 AM

Jun 2013
tsudecimo said:

Is that from thee final episode? I never watched it.

Yep. Final match.
Feb 5, 2015 8:27 AM

Jun 2014
Impala said:
Go watch Ping Pong.

tsudecimo said:

shit taste detected ;)

Wow, so fluid. Where's that from?( it's not from the anime right?)
Feb 5, 2015 8:29 AM

May 2014
Impala said:
Go watch Ping Pong.

is this supposed to induce an epileptic seizure ?? O_O
Feb 5, 2015 8:29 AM

Jul 2014
Killaclown said:
chuuzenjis said:

besides considering your previous comment seems like you are actually a fan of naruto in general..... tsuderecimo a lot of ppl didn't like the animation, was a lil weird, especially for such a big fight and the fact its naruto

yeah i love naruto. it's one of my favorite animes of all time. if not my actual favorite because.. childhood.

and i actually think 'bad animation' lies in the eye of the beholder. i personally didn't like the way the tatami galaxy was animated at all (among other things).
Feb 5, 2015 8:32 AM

Oct 2012
chuuzenjis said:
and i actually think 'bad animation' lies in the eye of the beholder. i personally didn't like the way the tatami galaxy was animated at all (among other things).
But animation can be assessed much less subjectively than art style because there are objective facts about the frame rate and thus the fluidity.
Feb 5, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2014
Feaor said:
chuuzenjis said:
But animation can be assessed much less subjectively than art style because there are objective facts about the frame rate and thus the fluidity.

yeah but if we're taking that into account again.. the pein/naruto fight was extremely ridiculously animated. and i'm not the only person thinking so but apparently it has something to do with 'shit taste' so there you go.
Feb 5, 2015 8:36 AM
Mar 2014
Depends on what your understanding of 'forgiving' is. If, by that, you mean whether or not I'll be able to appreciate a show despite it having rather badly animated scenes or artwork that doesn't appeal to me, then yes, sure, I can still find its story, characters or even just the setting itself appealing. However, when it comes to my enjoyment of the show as a whole, then I can't really ignore the animation and artwork, as I've always been a fan of wonderfully animated shows where it feels like the artwork alone makes it worth watching. That being said, if I really dislike the artwork, then it can, to some degree, also influence my enjoyment of the series negatively, but that hasn't happened more than once yet.
Feb 5, 2015 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
I can "forgive" bad animation/ art for good writing/story whatever, as I can forgive bad writing/story whateve for good animation/art

Its like women. You can have a relationship with a woman that is good loking but a has a bad personality, but you can alsohave a relationship with a woman that you like her personality, but you don't think see is particularly hot.

It just depends on how tolerant you are on stuff like that
Feb 5, 2015 8:38 AM

Jul 2014
Best animation evah.
Feb 5, 2015 8:40 AM

Dec 2012
Killaclown said:
tsuderecimo a lot of ppl didn't like the animation, was a lil weird, especially for such a big fight and the fact its naruto

Yeah I'm aware of that.

It's just that most of them say it had bad animation, when what they mean is bad art. The animation wasn't bad at all. It was too fluid if anything, sacrificing the art in the process.
Feb 5, 2015 8:43 AM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
Killaclown said:
tsuderecimo a lot of ppl didn't like the animation, was a lil weird, especially for such a big fight and the fact its naruto

Yeah I'm aware of that.

It's just that most of them say it had bad animation, when what they mean is bat art. The animation wasn't bad at all. It was too fluid if anything, sacrificing the art in the process.
I definitely agree, I don't like it because it looks derpy/weird but its definitely very fluid.
Feb 5, 2015 8:43 AM

Jul 2014
tsudecimo said:
Killaclown said:

Yeah I'm aware of that.

It's just that most of them say it had bad animation, when what they mean is bat art. The animation wasn't bad at all. It was too fluid if anything, sacrificing the art in the process.

nah but the thing is if it has to sacrifice it's art in the process it turns into animation that's not very well done in my book. but then again we might just not see eye to eye on this.
Feb 5, 2015 9:07 AM

Aug 2014
Higurashi is the only show where I have forgave the animation.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Feb 5, 2015 9:14 AM

Dec 2012
chuuzenjis said:
tsudecimo said:

Yeah I'm aware of that.

nah but the thing is if it has to sacrifice it's art in the process it turns into animation that's not very well done in my book. but then again we might just not see eye to eye on this.

More like you don't know what animation is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation

Feaor said:
I definitely agree, I don't like it because it looks derpy/weird but its definitely very fluid.

I'm most indifferent about it, enjoyed the Hinata one more, because it was less weird.
Feb 5, 2015 11:09 AM
Dec 2014
Yes always, the original Fate/stay night is a prime example of this. However if it was the other way around (Fate/zero) I wouldn't be able to stomach it.
Feb 5, 2015 1:51 PM
Jan 2015
I remember watching this one anime that you could see each frame go by, and I found it really distracting. So I am going to have to say that it does matter to me.
Feb 5, 2015 1:55 PM

Aug 2014
dmasterxd said:
Yes always, the original Fate/stay night is a prime example of this. However if it was the other way around (Fate/zero) I wouldn't be able to stomach it.

Are you saying that fate stay night 2006 had good writing?

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Feb 5, 2015 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Yup.
Feb 5, 2015 2:41 PM

Dec 2013
Of course. I don't give a fuck about animation but bad art can hurt. Still good writing>art so yeah.

also
>2015
>people can't differentiate art from animation
>pls
Feb 5, 2015 7:23 PM

Dec 2012
Yes, because I enjoyed Redline, Higurashi no Naka Koroni and sequels, Kemonozume, and am curruntly liking Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier, which all have unappealing art in my opinion.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 5, 2015 7:24 PM

Mar 2013
Kruszer said:
... Redline ... unappealing art in my opinion.

u wut
Feb 5, 2015 8:00 PM

Jun 2014
silversongwriter said:
If you saw something good... great writing.... but with lazy, sloppy, pathetic animation, could you stomach it?

(this time I used the search feature, so I don't think this has been asked before)

Refer to my rating for this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu
Feb 5, 2015 8:12 PM

Dec 2012
fst said:
Kruszer said:
... Redline ... unappealing art in my opinion.

u wut

I do indeed. (Most of) Those characters and vehicles were severely beaten with the ugly stick. I didn't like that art style when I first saw it in Dead Leaves, either, but unlike that, Redline is actually a great movie.
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 5, 2015 8:20 PM

Aug 2014
Kruszer said:
fst said:

u wut

I do indeed. (Most of) Those characters and vehicles were severely beaten with the ugly stick. I didn't like that art style when I first saw it in Dead Leaves, either, but unlike that, Redline is actually a great movie.

Redline was cell animated and took 7 years to make... it deserves respect. plus, the animation is super-fluid. I thought it looked okay... but to find it was done by hand... in this day and age makes it awesome
Feb 5, 2015 8:51 PM

Dec 2012
silversongwriter said:
Kruszer said:

Redline was cell animated and took 7 years to make... it deserves respect. plus, the animation is super-fluid. I thought it looked okay... but to find it was done by hand... in this day and age makes it awesome

Did you not read the part where I said it was a great movie or see my list where I rated it a 10, that's pretty much max respect man.
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 5, 2015 8:54 PM

Aug 2014
Kruszer said:
silversongwriter said:

Did you not read the part where I said it was a great movie or see my list where I rated it a 10, that's pretty much max respect man.

oh... yea, your right. I guess I got art and animation mixed up for a bit
Feb 5, 2015 9:16 PM

May 2014
If you're going to animate it badly, why the hell are you animating it?

Excusing an animation for bad animation is like excusing live action for terrible acting.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Feb 5, 2015 9:21 PM

Jun 2014
TheFilthyCasual said:

Excusing an animation for bad animation is like excusing live action for terrible acting.

Um nope. Bad analogy. It's like excusing an action movie for having bad action.
Feb 5, 2015 9:23 PM

Jun 2014
Syndiciate said:
TheFilthyCasual said:

Um nope. Bad analogy. It's like excusing an action movie for having bad action.

Also to elaborate if this was the case but everything else in the movie was top notch I would not care. You can call it whatever you want if it's good then I'm going to rate it the score I think it deserves regardless if it didn't adhere to the tropes of its genre or what they advertised on the package.
Feb 5, 2015 9:34 PM
Nov 2010
If you ask me, animation is purely anything with regard to movement, be it living or non-living things. Art is, well, art.

That being said, I'm not really particular about animation unless it's horribly bad, but anime studios know better not to do that (unless it's deliberate).
Feb 5, 2015 9:35 PM

Jun 2014
eplipswich said:
If you ask me, animation is purely anything with regard to movement, be it living or non-living things. Art is, well, art.

That being said, I'm not really particular about animation unless it's horribly bad, but anime studios know better not to do that.

*Cough* Ping Pong! *Cough*
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 8 hours ago

19 by MasterTasuke »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 8 hours ago

27 by Serafos »»
5 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

46 by LostSpectre »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

90 by LostSpectre »»
12 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 10 hours ago

43 by traed »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.