MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Pages (6) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Clannad Episode 18 Discussion

Feb 17, 2008 12:20 PM

End of Kyou and Tomoyo's arc angers me.
Though I do find Nagisa less annoying, I'd rather see Tomoya with anyone else (except Fuko).
And that sock at the beginning was misleading...

Feb 17, 2008 1:14 PM

This episode sounds fishy....
Its the 18 episode out of 24.
Something is coming.
Btw, i´m not sure Tomoya will end with Nagisa.
KyoAni normally tends to make an sudden endings. (In my opinion, kannon had the most out of nowhere ending.)

Its funny to notice the fact that normally, many people hate/don´t like the female main lead of harem animes.
Thats mostly my case.
I don´t feel like liking Nagisa. (Nor hating her either.) She is so... empty... Like most said, i don´t thing she deserves the main lead.

It would be really good if KyoAni broke up their main pairing system.
Take an example:

I really hope it turns out to something good. At least not like school days. (Man that would freaking ruin the story.)

Feb 17, 2008 1:54 PM

And they could completely make Tomoya picking someone else believable how exactly? They put the final nail in the coffin. The guy can't even stop thinking about her while Kyou, Ryou and Tomoyo have to even be forcefull at times to get his attention. Yet he helps Nagisa out of his own will. Seriously, I'd hate it if KyoAni did a 180 at the end just to please fans.

Feb 17, 2008 2:15 PM

Ryushi said:
KyoAni normally tends to make an sudden endings. (In my opinion, kannon had the most out of nowhere ending.)

That's exactly so that Clannad doesn't have a "Sudden" ending that they've been developing their relationship for lots of episodes now. Same reason why girls whose arcs have ended keep appearing, unlike Kanon.

Honestly, if at this point you still think they won't be a couple, you're in denial.

Feb 17, 2008 3:42 PM

I would guess that the OP themes is one hell of a big hint concerning as to how an anime will end. I don't know about you, but an entire ED dedicated to one character should be enough to decipher the "main" girl of a harem based anime.

Yes I'm in denial for I want a Tomoyo After OVA =P
*even if I am fully aware that we will definitely get a Nagisa ending*

Feb 17, 2008 6:40 PM

I wish he would end up with either Tomoyo or Kyou. Kyou was sooooooooo hot on episodee 17.

Feb 17, 2008 10:34 PM

They should follow the Tomoyo After way, at least then we have something to see if they make an OVA! xD

Hopefully V/A Key doesn't follow how they created Air and did an original ending like in their movie. Kanon's was a bit unexpected and much more better like that.

They should follow the anime, "Shuffle's" example as well. Unexpectedness.

Besides Nagisa's to plain of a character imo...

Feb 18, 2008 9:18 AM

Call me slow, but I just saw there's no episode this week.

Baawwww...

Feb 18, 2008 12:26 PM

Next episode airs on the 28th...

Feb 18, 2008 12:44 PM

AngelLily said:
Call me slow, but I just saw there's no episode this week.

Baawwww...

Yeah, it sucks. I won't have my weekly dose of KyouAni =P

Feb 19, 2008 2:34 AM

amazing episode... now, ecerything will become romamtic ^^

Feb 19, 2008 2:50 AM

i don't won't this to end with a TomoyaXNagisa relationship. Nagisa fails.
it should be Kyou or Tomoyo. they are the best

Feb 19, 2008 6:27 AM

I also don't like it to end in Nagisa's arc.

Ep18, and the arc is now focusing on Nagisa. I think we may see an AS in the last 2-3 episodes here.

But, it's Kyo-Ani! So, there's no need to worry. They always keep the viewers happy. I hope so. They're not going to ruin this..! LOL!

Feb 19, 2008 7:02 AM

Le ouch, big spoiler there... Might as well put a warning about what you're spoiling, no?

Feb 19, 2008 8:08 AM

I totally forgot about Nagisa when Tomoyo was telling the story about her brother hehe...Guess that means I like Tomoyo better. Ah well I am glad that Tomoya is startig to finally realize he likes Nagisa more than the other girls and the other girls know it too. I thought it was great how even Kotomi gave Tomoya food xD. He must have been stuffed!

Feb 20, 2008 12:33 PM

MistaCloudStrife said:
Mmm... it was just okay to me. A bit too over-dramatic for my taste. At least try to make me emotional before you throw a crying scene in my face. =O

I kind of agree on this although i thought it was a good episode.

It was a bit like:

AHAHAH this episodes funny, *Pushes dramatic crying scene into my face* .__.

Feb 20, 2008 12:35 PM

I think it should have been Tomoya and Tomoyo together at the end, they seem more suited for some reason to me. Plus Nagisa is a bit too dim headed for my taste =/

Feb 20, 2008 12:50 PM
DB Administrator
Please use the edit link next to your post to edit your posts, don't doublepost. Thank you.

Feb 20, 2008 1:18 PM

Am I one of the only ones who doesn't mind Tomoya ending up with Nagisa? She's a pretty cute girl TBH, thou not one of my favorites i don't 'hate' her that much that i would mind her ending up with Tomoya... I kind of see why he would like her... Just to bug you guys here: goooooo Nagisa (jk :D )

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh

Feb 20, 2008 1:47 PM
DB Administrator
You're definitely not alone. :D

Feb 20, 2008 2:01 PM

Smasher said:
Am I one of the only ones who doesn't mind Tomoya ending up with Nagisa? She's a pretty cute girl TBH, thou not one of my favorites i don't 'hate' her that much that i would mind her ending up with Tomoya... I kind of see why he would like her... Just to bug you guys here: goooooo Nagisa (jk :D )

Same here, I don't mind Tomoya to end up with her, and I actually like Nagisa (my 2nd favourite Clannad girl).
But I would rather see him with Kyou, though xD

Feb 20, 2008 2:10 PM

I wouldn't mind him ending up with Nagisa when there wasn't this bad guy who spoiled me about the game...(I'm looking at you, Trineas! ;p)
But, I like Nagisa, and if he ends up with her, that's totally fine with me, but I hope the spoiler will turn out to be not true for the anime. :/

Feb 20, 2008 4:33 PM

cyruz said:
Please use the edit link next to your post to edit your posts, don't doublepost. Thank you.

Sorry man, didnt know ;) wont do it again though.

Smasher said:

Of course im not denying Nagisa is cute but i think Tomoyo seems more suited to Tomoya, just my opinion...

Cant believe we have to wait two weeks for the next episode though T___T

Feb 21, 2008 5:29 AM

Kayro said:
Smasher said:

Same here, I don't mind Tomoya to end up with her, and I actually like Nagisa (my 2nd favourite Clannad girl).

Makes the three of us.

Feb 21, 2008 12:19 PM

Quite reliefed to hear all of this. :D

Mase666 said:
Cant believe we have to wait two weeks for the next episode though T___T

Yea that sucks alot indeed. Who the hell is interested in womens football anyways? Maybe they should make a 2D version of it, would attract alot more viewers that way, im sure. :P

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh

Feb 21, 2008 1:58 PM

Yea for this one time, i also did enjoy Fuko having an appearance. Now i'm starting to wonder if she's going to show up more often in random places, like previously, or show up at important places, like the obento scene.

Feb 22, 2008 10:13 PM

Ah so we find out about the wheel chair in Tomoyo's OP...

This episode was really great though, loved it.

Leaps and bounds ahead of kanon in the relationship department.

Feb 23, 2008 5:51 AM

Syaoran said:
Yea for this one time, i also did enjoy Fuko having an appearance. Now i'm starting to wonder if she's going to show up more often in random places, like previously, or show up at important places, like the obento scene.
I'd like for her to show up in important, yet silly and fitting scenes. Showing up only to say a few times then leaving is a waste. This is actually the second time the Fuko appearance was used well (the only other time I've liked Fuko showing up was her first appearance when she failed to get Kotomi's present due to starfish interference).

Feb 23, 2008 11:42 PM

What a CRUEL anime!!! I love it, but it is so cruel! xD
Kyou & Tomoya should be together!!!
Actually, Tomoya must have a harem. All the girls should be his wifes!
Arabs RULE. :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Feb 24, 2008 5:25 PM

Kinami said:
What a CRUEL anime!!! I love it, but it is so cruel! xD
Kyou & Tomoya should be together!!!
Actually, Tomoya must have a harem. All the girls should be his wifes!
Arabs RULE. :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I Damn agree with ya! xDDDD
Lol. (Somehow remembers me about maburaho xD)

AngelLily said:
Honestly, if at this point you still think they won't be a couple, you're in denial.

Of course i am. It would suck if they really did the 180... I´m just flamming cuz i don't like much Nagisa. BTW, its not bad to dream a bit right? xD

I don´t care anymore if Tomoya ends with nagisa.
Actually i never cared. (Lie T.T)
Anyway, the only thing i continue thinking is that Nagisa is pretty plain for a real main character...
Anyway 2, I'm going 4 the game where i can choose the ending. xD

Feb 24, 2008 6:48 PM

For a second, did anyone else think that maybe Nagisa got hit in the eye with that ball? That's something evil Key WOULD do, but I'm glad they didn't this time : )

Feb 24, 2008 7:27 PM

Godel said:
For a second, did anyone else think that maybe Nagisa got hit in the eye with that ball? That's something evil Key WOULD do, but I'm glad they didn't this time : )

xD lol.
I did notice that, though i was so pissed with the ending that i forgot about it.
It was kind of funny, the ball seemed to hit her in the eye, and in the end, the only bruise she had was in her leg from falling from the bench.

Feb 24, 2008 9:33 PM

Ryushi said:
Godel said:

xD lol.
I did notice that, though i was so pissed with the ending that i forgot about it.
It was kind of funny, the ball seemed to hit her in the eye, and in the end, the only bruise she had was in her leg from falling from the bench.
I think she had enough reflexes to duck enough for it to hit her in her forehead instead of in the face.

Feb 24, 2008 9:37 PM

Leon-Gun said:
Ryushi said:
Godel said:

xD lol.
I think she had enough reflexes to duck enough for it to hit her in her forehead instead of in the face.

Wow, she got some ninja moves there.
Maybe they are inside the matrix and nagisa is the One?

Feb 25, 2008 12:28 PM

Anyway Nagisa is still a favorite girl in this anime :)

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

Feb 25, 2008 1:08 PM

Ryushi said:
Leon-Gun said:
Ryushi said:
Godel said:

xD lol.

Not really, your body is quick enough to unconciously pull that off.

Feb 25, 2008 4:27 PM

Leon-Gun said:
Ryushi said:
Leon-Gun said:

Not really, your body is quick enough to unconciously pull that off.

The very original clumsy nagisa? don't think so...

Feb 25, 2008 8:36 PM

I'm just rationalizing an anime. In real life, sure you can. Nagisa...depends on what KyoAni claims.

Feb 26, 2008 5:23 AM

She didn't get hit in the head, isn't that proof enough?

Feb 26, 2008 8:01 AM

Thats why we were arguing....

Feb 29, 2008 5:33 PM

Loved this episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.

Mar 4, 2008 10:36 AM

Not bad episode.
The BGM at the tennis scene seemed too upbeat to me for a moment, especially as they made it last during the crying of Kyou and Ryou. Mixing things up kinda ruined the thing IMO. I sorta liked (and at the same time didn't) how Tomoyo realized that Tomoya won't be hers when she knows who Tomoya is sweating for to reestablish the club.

Anyway, I've got to say I'm not a really big fan of Nagisa either, but the anime was made that way, we had plenty of hints for a long time it was gonna be her, so I don't really care. She kinda tends to annoy me sometimes though. I was laughing in advance when I thought the tennis ball was gonna hit her head (like, "I wonder what her face will look like, go on, hit her!"), but calmed down when it only hit her leg. Wonder why they filmed her face, she looked like she was looking at the ball that was coming to her face, not at her leg.

I'm more of a Kyou/Ryou or better, Tomoyo fan. :)
But since I read Tomoyo After (I think it was PimpToad who posted the link in the comments of episode 17, thanks for that BTW, and if it's not you, thanks to the person who did!), my need for a Tomoyo ending was calmed down a bit. ^^

On to the next episode! :D (actually, not directly, waiting for the WS H264 version)

I hope the game translation patch will be finished soon! Moar Clannad needed!
Modified by ChaosAdept, Mar 4, 2008 10:42 AM

Mar 4, 2008 4:36 PM

Loved this ep

I mean as much as i love Kyou and Tomoyo... it was pretty obvious from early on that the ending was going to be OkazakixNagisa. I mean the combination of the basketball-in-the-rain scene and when Okazaki and Nagisa woke up and they were leaning on each other in the Fuko arc, pretty much sealed that fact for me.
It was great to see Okazaki starting to come to term w/ these feelings. Imo, this episode is the turning point for Clannad from a slice-of-life/drama/mystery to a romance.

Of course, now the question is... what'll be the catch

There's always bound to be one in any KyoAni/Key visual novel adaptation

Mar 10, 2008 7:53 PM

i could've sworn that i actually wrote here... anyways

the episode was completely "perfect" until nagisa came back... again, for those of you who think i am a nagisa hater... i just dont like her, i dont dislike her, like many of you did with fuuko some time ago.

the first part was pretty funny/hilarious/awesome, specially the sunohara and the sunday lunch part. i liked fuuko's appearance, but i think that all of the girls looked so cute. "best choice"

the second part (before nagisa returns) was at the verge of perfection. the matches with tomoyo in it were so awesome, specially the baseball one, where she hit sunohara several times in order to win. tomoyo getting popular = full win

tomoyo's past was so interesting, and touching. i like her character a lot more now

when nagisa returned, the awesomeness of the episode disapeared. the only good thing there was the soundtrack. when nagisa got hit (i wont neglect it) i was happy.

seeing everyone sad was... sad.... specially when kyou broke down, and started crying.... seeing tomoyo sad was also really depressing... the soundtrack didn't help...
this was the least favourite episode because of the end... the rest was ok... i still feel bad.... for kyou... poor her....and poor tomoyo...

Mar 10, 2008 8:40 PM

Tomoya made Kyou and Ryou cry. He probably also made Tomoyo cry. Damn you to hell Tomoya!! DAMN YOU!! FOREVER!

ranted on irc already. a bit busy now but more after this~

Mar 12, 2008 9:53 AM

Great episode!
At last the Tomoya x Nagisa arc,long awaited for that.

Apr 14, 2008 8:30 AM

Tomoya x Nagisa <3

May 4, 2008 11:16 AM

Wasn't very nice of Okazaki to slap the tennis player who was only trying to help... or was that to build drama? >.<

The ending of that episode was a bit over the top for me.

Jun 3, 2008 7:47 PM

*feels sorry for Kyou because I have been in her situation before* Quite sad, but still no tears for me. Kyou is definitely my favourite character, I can relate to her more than any other character (besides maybe Tomoyo).
Humans are shameless creatures that carelessly ignore any misfortune which does not befall them directly. They can --and often do-- turn a blind eye to all manner of wickedness so long as it does not touch them or their kin. They will bow thier heads, condemning those victims for bringing calamity upon themselves, and cast their eyes toward heaven in thanks while their neighbours lay dying around them.
~Soren, Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance

Jun 4, 2008 2:53 PM

aww, how cute <33 !

Pages (6) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »